All Comments on 'On the Edge'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years ago

A wonderful, heartfelt story. I loved the slow buildup, and their pain is real. Anyone whose experienced loss will see themselves in these two, and the hope that there could be more to live for.

A solid 5 stars.

GuyonthegreenbenchGuyonthegreenbenchover 3 years ago
good story

that is very well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

I haven’t run across this author before. What a pleasant surprise. Great story: moving but not sentimental. Easy five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

There are suthors on this site for whom the queen's Englisg IS their first language, and they could not put forth anything resembling this! Please do not allow the fact that English is not your first (or perhaps even primary) language to minimize your accomplishment! I look forward to enjoying more of stories.

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 3 years ago

Beautifully written and so descriptive I felt as if I were there. As real as pain and suffering is, the healing you portray in this is more soothing. The human dynamics are complex and beautifully explored. It's a hopeful story and thus for a moment I can share in that hope. I'm sorry, but I can't find even a small flaw to include as helpful critique ;) As AMD said below; A solid 5 !

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 3 years ago

a lovely winter story; and a sweet ending after a loss on both of their past lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pulls on the Heartstrings

Extremely well written. The best part of the story is the last page. After all of the trials of both, you wrapped everything up perfectly to leave the reader with a real warm feeling. A solid 5*+ read. Thank you for sharing and hats off to excellent editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superb.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you.

A well written story.

Cheers

rawallacerawallaceover 3 years ago
Great Story

The slow build in the story allowed you to feel the despair of the characters. There was also the sense of community that comes from living in a small place where friendships are to had if you are open to them. Then there is the courage it takes to ultimately win out over suicide as an answer to one's pain-- observed by one character and not fully understood at the time by the other-- but then viewed without judgment. Then finally, the courage to lift yourself above the pain and move on to find and accept something better. Well done, very well done indeed.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

Stunning

This story captures the tastes of grief and loneliness, perhaps too well. Beautifully written, taking us to despair, then guiding us back to contentment, if not happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow. This came out of nowhere and smacked me right in the face. I’ll have to read your other work now - this was fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice work. Thank you for taking it through the winter into a new spring-season.

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

Wow, an incredible story, thank you for sharing!

mfan2112mfan2112over 3 years ago

Very well written. I see that English is not your mother tongue, so even more congrats on writing a story in a different language. I would not even attempt to write in German, even though I speak it well.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, each and every one, for your votes and comments! I have been blown away by the amount of attention this story has had. I really, sincerely, appreciate it, especially comments. I give honorable mention to the one who sent me private feedback in Finnish - that takes some effort :-)

I thought this story might be too grim and gloomy, and I'm relieved to see so many of you didn't think so, or thought it was worth reading despite being so bleak.

Thank you for complimenting my English. For a few of my latest stories I have had help in editing, so the credit is not all mine. English is not my first language, and not even primary one, so whatever mistakes remain are all mine (and for more errors, see my earlier stories...). It's stupid to try and write prose in a foreign language, but there just aren't similar opportunities in Finnish, so I hope you bear with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Dude. This hit hard on my broken soul.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Crap... crying over a story on an erotica site. Best story on here.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 3 years ago

Lovely. Loss and redemption. Five stars and a nudge for winning the contest.

Arc2456Arc2456over 3 years ago

Beautiful story, got me all weepy too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What @Jacey Trey said!

I can't say this is the best story on Literotica, because I have not read them all. But it is the best that I have read. It's even more astounding when I think that English is not your native language. Fabulous work! Makes me wish I could give more than 5 stars. Well done Omenainen! Well done!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

Cannot believe English is not your first language as this is so well written. The characters are so realistic and their pain and grief so striking that it seemed there would not be a happy outcome. The epilogue is extremely gratifying.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

Such a lovely, somber tale, and so beautiful. Some people complain about stories long sections of narrative and dialogue, but it worked for Dickens and many other great writers, and it worked well here for you, too. Excellent work. 5*

CyberPunk1CyberPunk1over 2 years ago

this is an amazing story, I lost somebody to cancer so I kind of know what he went through (wasnt my wife though), along wit that the writing is fantastic.

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

I have witnessed cancer in family and friends. I was in a car wreck that could have easily ended my life. well written story that was filled with grief and hope. thank you

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 years ago

Wow. There are a few authors on this site that can really really write a damn good story and you are one of them. Really touching tale of two lost souls. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant the way you evoked such a deep and moody atmosphere surrounding both of them, then led them into the light.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Tragedy is part of our lifetime and we should be thankful for the days the sunlight warms our skin ….. being in the here and now give us the possibilities to enjoy the most precious moments, especially with kids or soulmates around ….. this tale offered this wisdom in a fine special artistic script …. Thank you🌹🍀

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...