All Comments on 'On the Side Ch. 02'

by SyleusSnow

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
dwoelfledwoelfleabout 4 years ago
Loved it

What a great development of the conflict between wife and mistress, and then a very satisfying resolution. Great writing.

mr6x5mr6x5about 4 years ago
Two thumbs up

I hope you keep it going...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

That was a wonderful chapter.

Are you going to do a third with Amy getting pregnant? Kate encouraging Ben to breed his sexy young mistress would be insanely hot.

Cincy58Cincy58about 4 years ago
DAMN

Great sequel. I am loving how the three of them are “sharing”. You have to continue with this one....I am seeing Kate and Amy enjoying each other soon. This is HOT.

Thanks for sharing👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great chapter

I love the way you have written the turmoil Kate was going through , I hope we see a baby soon as well as the ladies sharing each other as well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story!

One hot chapter

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowabout 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks so much, everyone! Once again I had no idea how well this flabby mess would be received. Glad to see folks are enjoying it. Yes, there is one more chapter coming... yet more angst, temptation and (I hope) a sweet but very hot ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderfully written

Really well written. Thank you for the delicious plot development, and beautiful climax(es). Panting for more....

stevie1965stevie1965about 4 years ago

A great read, enjoyed both parts one and two. Looking forward to the final chapter.

Thanks!

AnnasFriendAnnasFriendabout 4 years ago
You sir, are an artist

Great writing. Great dialogue. A charming, sexy and sweet story with well-drawn characters. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The most fun you can have in quarantine

When I thought this story was an incomplete work languishing on this site I thought my heart would break. I can not wait for the next installment and hope that this story, with these insanely well done characters and fun story line, will continue indefinitely! Thank you for this absolute gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Congratulations

you are a very talented erotic literature author.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 4 years ago
What's not to like

The bedroom scene when Kate and Amy were holding hands and helping each other was so very sweet yet sexy. Looking forward to chapter 3. Oh to be Ben, lucky guy.

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowabout 4 years agoAuthor

I'm absolutely blown away by such great comments. So great to know folks are enjoying these little stories. I'm working on making the final chapter memorable. Stay tuned!

p_white98p_white98about 4 years ago
very well done series.

Keep it going. Don't give in to any dark or heavy confrontation/conflict. Too many authors think that is the way to go but warm and loving is so much better.

S_FoxS_Foxabout 4 years ago
Thanks

Really well handled, it’s not the most taboo area but you showed a real empathy for all their feelings. Congratulations, you * * * * * author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great reading experience !

One of the great love stories of all time. Creative writing doesn't get any better than this. Thank you for this wonderful gift, dear author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice, for others.

Very nice story, it's not my thing but I can now see how it might work for others.

stilllovinglifestilllovinglifealmost 4 years ago
I love happy endings!

Besides the lift that I feel when a story has a happy ending, l appreciated the believable and well developed characters. I could empathize with each of them, seeing them as good individuals with very human weaknesses and flaws. I believe the three-way relationship could be stable and enduring as long as they continue to share a single bed and live as a family. The addition of a baby would bring them even more joy as a close family. Just my wishful thinking, perhaps. Thanks, Syleus, count me as a fan of your writing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowalmost 4 years ago

Please tell us more...

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

I love Kate and Ben, Amy for some reason not so much. I liked the NY sequence a lot, it had a kind of authentic feel to it. A lot of the stories here don’t go into the heavy stuff, they’re all happy happy fucky fucky, and I can sort of understand that, but personally I appreciate handling also the darker themes. Very nice story and well written.

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowover 3 years agoAuthor

So many fantastic, encouraging comments. Thank you, everyone!

And thanks, Omenainen. Things have to happen in stories, or they're not stories. I've never been to NY so guess my research paid off But how could you not like Amy? She's so sweet! :-) I purposely cast her as a little less mature in this chapter... and fleshing out more of her personality and motivations in the final chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story.

Excellent story - really well written and tremendously enjoyable. Thanks very much for sharing this with us!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Please keep it going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Very good sequel love it. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece.❤️❤️❤️❤️

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowover 3 years agoAuthor

"Masterpiece"? Wow. Tell me more!

Thanks very much for the praise, Anonymous. Totally undeserved, of course, but I'll take it anyway. *grin*

I hope to make the final chapter of this story (that I've been pecking away at for months) just as praiseworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This starts Good and gets better

Sooo...

How to Express My appreciation... this story was perfect. It managers to navigation between not being improbable or obviously unrealistic. And not becoming boring or irrelevant on the other side.

Also it manages well to achieve the purpose of a story posted here...

Yeah... it’s a little masterpiece - cannot wait for the next.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 3 years ago
Strong writing

This one flows along naturally and I've enjoyed the ride. These are characters a reader cares about. It's been well over a year since chapter two and I hope you haven't lost interest in the story. That can happen, I know.

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks so much, tennesseered. Yes, I'm horrified at how long I've been working on chapter 3. Between trying to get anything done during COVID and performance anxiety of trying to craft a worthy ending to this popular series, it's been a hell of a struggle. I agonized over chapter one for three years before publishing that one, but have no plans to repeat that experience. The final chapter is coming very soon.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story! Very enjoyable read! Would love to read more of these 3. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was beautiful. Why am I tearing up??? So well written and the characters! *Chef's kiss*

barcomberbarcomberalmost 3 years ago

Not exactly a criticism, but when you get to my age being over 50 isn't past middle aged, it's just approaching it. Delightful story, beautifully told, look forward to ending.

tlk2metlk2meover 2 years ago

We gonna get chapter 3?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I check on this series at least once a week hoping for the final chapter and hoping against hope you’ll find inspiration to keep going. But good Lord the waiting has given me time to really savor the first two chapters. Something about this whole set up is incredibly satisfying. Please sir, more!!!

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowover 2 years agoAuthor

I haven't forgotten this story, Anonymous, and high praise like that provides excellent fuel for the effort needed to deliver chapter 3. Thanks very much. I'm chugging along on it best I can, trying to make it live up to the first two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was really great. I too hope that you are able to put together another installment. You've built a very 'real' and compelling situation, that isn't just purely (but certainly includes) wish fulfillment. There are real emotional problems that have to be overcome. And if a kid is included, society's biases become involved too, as the relationship becomes more public. I look forward to how you will handle this.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyover 2 years ago

I comply with the praises that have been bestowed upon this story. This reader became invested with the main characters- to a degree. Ben's self demeaning ways might be justified regarding some hurtful things he did in his youth, but while it might be fashionable to disparage the human male's sex drive, it's nonetheless unobjective to do so. Without it the species would not exist, and since it is natural, its existence and direction is beyond ethical jurisdiction. I don't talk about the acting on that urge, mind you. AI'm all for consent, respect and so on. But Ben sort of beats himself up to have a strong sex drive, and frankly that's almost ridiculous. No man, even the lowly heterosexual one, should let himself brainwash into adopting a silly notion like this.

Actually, Ben did not act out on his unfulfilled needs until the events of this story unfold, he made sacrifices. And while I'm not saying he should demand sacrifices from his wife in return, he should be able to accept them if offered. For all the talk about about being the loves of their lives, I don't think their marriage could have survived that much longer, short of the two of them becoming more of comrades than lovers. In case of the latter, perhaps after some time to adjust, an arrangement including a sex partner for Ben should be liveable.

You circumvented those possible developments by reawakening Kate to some degree.

Thanks for a very enjoyable read!

SyleusSnowSyleusSnowover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks very much, a_reader_from_germany, for your very thoughtful comment! Recently I read about a couple studies that showed female sex drive is just as high as male. Women tend to be more selective, though, and men are given far more freedom by society to act on their urges (“he's such a player" vs “she’s such a slut”). Probably a good thing for the gene pool that that women are more picky :-)

I tried to show Ben and Kate deeply care about each other and would sacrifice anything for the other. Even if Amy hadn’t come along, I think their marriage would have survived. Now Amy has both relieved a major conflict plus given their lives and relationship a shot in the arm, something I’m trying to show (with agonizing slow writing) in the final chapter.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Smooth, well composed and satisfying writing..2nd reading after some while

And it held up quite nicely.

Perhaps some time has passed since this was written,

and i'll concede your solution is superior...but...

A visit to a modern gynecologist might yield a couple of solutions

to the vaginal dryness problem, one more general than the other.

Post menopausal hormone therapy often works, though it comes with some small risks.

Alternately, a compounding pharmacy can make up a vaginal estrogen creme that's very helpful.

This from the department of involuntary educations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why do people call this a masterpiece?

A clue: two beautiful love stories perfectly woven together without a hint of being some disgusting writing designed simply for titillation. Thus a broad audience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

gkrishnagkrishna8 months ago

The first half of this was awkward and unpleasant, but in a good way - in the way real life is awkward and unpleasant sometimes. I thought it would be impossible to switch gears to something enjoyable after that, but you managed it, and the second half was also good. Lovely story.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

I was a little concerned early on in the chapter. Kate was understandably worried, but the way she was expressing everything was all wrong and deeply hurting Ben and Amy. I'm glad they all got their heads on straight, but the "women go have a conversation to decide things for the man" is a deeply troubling trope that I dislike greatly.

.

Despite, or because of all that, this is still a lovely, warm, and sexy story that is well worth 5*

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royale4 months ago

Sweet and wonderful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSyleusSnow@SyleusSnow
I try to write compelling, believable stories and characters who have a connection and hunger for each other. "Erotic romance" is the category, I guess. Feedback is fuel! Your input is the inspiration for me to write better stories and write ones you like. Please vote, leave ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

On the Side Previous Part
On the Side Series Info

SIMILAR Stories