On the Side Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Years before, Kate and I grew tired of booking fleapit motels when we traveled and found that hotel. With a suite we had a kitchen to save money on meals, a bedroom separate from the small livingroom, and a spectacular bathroom.

Kate sat on the couch, legs curled under her with wine in hand, already dressed for dinner. Warmth filled me at seeing her—two weeks apart was too long.

She never looked more beautiful. Tall, taut and refined, Kate easily passed for ten years younger than her 51 years. Her students at the college often made passes at her.

"Is she settled in?" Kate said. "How'd she take the news about no fucking?"

I sat and gave her a kiss. "She'll be okay. Amy knew she wouldn't have me all to herself. How are you feeling?"

"I'm... dealing with it," said Kate.

I picked up my own wine glass, thinking I'd soon need something stronger to negotiate the evening.

"So," I said, "What's going on? All week on the phone, you said you were fine with me and Amy. You even wanted to watch."

Kate sighed. "I thought I was fine. I pictured it just being sex. Some friendly, no-strings fucking to give you some relief. But when I saw you at the airport... so close. So in tune with each other. It's not just sex with her, is it?"

"Why... uh, why do you say that?"

Kate flashed an exasperated look. "Come on. I see how you are with her. I see the signs. Guess your heart doesn't entirely belong to me anymore."

"Kate, No! It's just a fling. And affair. Amy... I'm... I mean..."

"Men," Kate sighed. "You don't even know your own feelings. Or admit them. Trust me... she's much more than just a fling to you now. I guess I should be happy though... if you're starting to love her you won't hurt her." She paused and eyed me seriously. "You haven't, right? Hurt her? Done things she didn't want to do?"

"Kate, I would never hurt Amy. You cured me of that. I'm not like that anymore."

"Hmm."

"Look," I said. "I love YOU. This hurts you. So... we'll end it. You come first, Kate. Always. We'll go back to the way things were. She'll just be our house guest until she moves in with her friend in the fall. I won't sleep with her anymore."

Kate shook her head. "No. There's no going back. You'd be miserable and go back to climbing the walls. You're so much happier now! And Amy would have to leave. You two couldn't keep your hands off each other otherwise, could you?"

I thought about it. "No, I guess not."

"Right. Anyway, I really like having Amy around."

I nodded. "She certainly keeps the house tidy."

"Not what I meant. She's just a delight. A bit of sunshine in our lives I didn't know we were missing. I like talking to her. Showing her things. It's like having a younger sister. And she's so sharp! Did I tell you she read my draft for book four?"

"No."

"Read it all in one night, then pointed out a hole in one of the sub-plots and how much the duchess resembled Madame Bovary." Kate chuckled. "Then she veered off into gossip about some minor scandal at her school and gushed about some hot band that's coming to town."

"Yeah," I smiled, "Sometimes she's a kid, sometimes she's Confucius. I was like that too at her age. Weren't you?"

"Certainly not," smiled Kate. "I was always the sober intellectual I am now."

"Like hell. You told me what a troublemaker you were." I paused, thinking. "So... what are we going to do?"

Kate pondered. "I really don't know. I like seeing you happy. Both of you. I don't want to have to kick Amy out. I just know that for now, I want you to cool it. Let's show her New York. Have fun this week. But no fucking. At least for now, okay?"

"I already agreed, Kate. No fucking. But I'm serious—this thing with Amy ends the moment you say it does."

Kate gave me a long, emotional kiss then hugged me tight. She said, "Let's see how it goes."

~~~~

The restaurant was only mid-range, but Amy gawped at the trendy decor like it was Versailles.

We took a high-backed booth for privacy from the Friday crowd, Kate sitting opposite me with Amy in the middle against the wall.

Amy wanted to know everything—which fork to use, how did they fold the napkins like hats, why did they serve butter in little balls too cold to spread, whether every restaurant in New York was really owned by the mob...

Soon Amy settled down, and we talked and ate. Kate and Amy were stiff and polite with each other: the laughing, touching, and open smiles they shared back home gone. They were such good friends before my adultery. Could I ever repair the damage?

"I'm not going to come home to a messy house, am I?" Kate said. "You two being so busy with... other things and all?"

"Oh, no, Katherine. I've kept the place clean. Ben helped too, though I wished he didn't. He's been so busy with work. I've tried to keep his stress levels down."

"Oh, that's what you were doing," said Kate, "Then I should thank you for... taking care of his stress."

Amy looked wounded. Finally, she said, "Listen, Kate, I—"

"What?" said Kate, far too sharply.

Amy lowered her eyes. "Nothing."

Near the end of dinner, Amy squirmed and fidgeted in her seat, shooting quick looks at me. I knew what she was thinking: after our dinners at home, we often wound up with Amy bent over the kitchen counter for a quickie or with her scooting under the table to take me in her mouth.

I jumped when toes begin caressing the inside of my thigh. Amy was casting innocent looks up and around the room.

Kate sensed something going on. "Okay, you two," she said, dryly. "I think we'd better head back to the hotel."

When we returned to the suite, I realized Kate wanted to be alone with me. But after sleeping with Amy every night for more than a week it didn't seem right to just send her off to her room.

As Amy shed her heels, she said, "That was so good! Bet we could cook that same thing back home, Ben. Can we try? Pretty sure that whole flambé business is just for show. I'd probably set the ceiling on fire if I tried."

When she stood, Amy saw the tension in Kate's face. Her pained eyes darted to me, then away. She moved to Kate and took both her hands.

"Thanks for bringing me here," Amy said. "You're both so good to me. I never dreamed I'd see New York for real."

"I'm glad you could come," said Kate.

Amy embraced Kate then laid her head against her. "I don't want you to be mad at me, Kate. I really thought you were okay with Ben and me... uh... you know."

Kate smoothed Amy's back while looking at me, her face softening.

"Well," said Kate. "It's just... it's all so new. We'll talk about it later. Now, why don't you go to your room and get some sleep? It's been a long day."

I said, "Amy, did you want to try our tub first?"

Our suite's bathroom had marble and mirrors everywhere with a giant whirlpool tub. Amy wanted to it the moment she saw it.

Amy shook her head. "Maybe tomorrow. You two should be alone. But Kate? Can... can Ben visit me later? Only to cuddle, I mean. That's all. Just for a while?"

"No, Amy. We've been apart for weeks. I find it hard to sleep without him."

"Yeah," Amy sighed. "Me too."

~~~~

The bedroom of our suite had a high king bed and broad floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city.

As I unzipped Kate, she said, "Sometimes I wonder if that girl's manipulating us. She's just too sweet to be real. Then I think no, she really is like that. She really is just the sweetest girl in the world."

As Kate stepped out of her dress I said, "Sometimes your analytical side gets the better of you, you know. Amy's always been painfully honest with us. She's never lied in all the years we've known her."

With a sidelong look, Kate said, "She's really got your head turned, hasn't she? She lied when she said she didn't have anywhere else to stay."

"Okay," I said. "But that was such a little fib. Can you blame her wanting to stay with us instead of couch surfing with friends?"

Kate ran her hand over my crotch. "I think you've been letting your dick do too much of your thinking. Now come to bed and show me if he's learned any new tricks from your mistress."

I hugged Kate, her lean body unfamiliar after spending so much time embracing Amy's curves.

Kate laughed when I scooped her up and threw her on the bed.

She seemed frantic to fuck, rubbing against me, talking dirty, stroking me while greasing herself with the lube.

"I missed you, you know," she said with a hungry look. "All alone in this giant bed."

"I missed you too, Kate. Two weeks apart is too long."

"How do you want to take me? Doggy?"

Kate knew it was my favorite position, but I also knew hers.

"Get on top," I said, "so I can see you and play with your tits."

I was rock hard and ready when she mounted me and slid me inside. She felt glorious, and I was panting with excitement to be making love to my wife again.

Kate began riding me eagerly, lifting then impaling herself, sliding and grinding while I held her compact boobs, thumbing her nipples the way she liked.

She worked away frantically, but though she tried her best to mask it, she was uncomfortable. Obviously, something didn't feel right.

I grabbed her hips to get her to slow. "Kate," I said, "go easy. We don't have to do this."

She sped up, forcing my dick into her with increasing frenzy, hair falling over tightly shut eyes, her face scrunched in grim determination.

"Kate... please."

She stopped, breathing hard, jaw tight. I reached to caress her cheek, seeing her pain and disappointment.

She rolled off and flopped onto the bed.

"I'll blow you," she said. "Or use my hand. What do you want?"

I pulled her to me. "Let's just cuddle, Kate. I'm okay."

Kate started stroking me. "Come on, Ben. I can get you off. Come for me. Please."

Moving her hand away, I said, "It's all right Kate. You don't have to get me off. You know I can't enjoy it when you don't."

Kate looked at me, then nodded and expelled a breath of frustration. She rolled to her side, facing away, and I scooted close to embrace her from behind.

After a few moments, she said, "I wanted tonight to be special. I thought after so long apart, maybe for once I'd..."

"It's okay. We have all week, Kate. You usually get 'inspired' when we're in New York. Anyway, I came here to be with you, not just to fuck you."

Over the years, Kate and I tried everything as her sex drive waned: toys, role-play, every kind of porn. Each helped, but the appeal of each eventually wore off. Meanwhile, my libido raged.

When Kate fell asleep, I considered going back to old habits and jerking off, but after a week of mind-blowing sex with Amy, I knew I could last.

I pictured Amy alone in her huge hotel bed, alone and feeling uncertain and rejected. I longed to slip into her room, just to see if she was okay, just to hold her. I couldn't. I promised Kate.

How could I balance Kate's feelings with Amy's and my own? Kate was right: if I couldn't sleep with Amy any longer, she would have to move out. The thought made my guts tighten with a queasy sense of loss.

~~~~

Saturday, eating breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Kate and I planned which New York landmarks to show Amy that day and next.

Amy sat listless, eyes dull, and toyed with her food.

"You didn't sleep?" I asked.

She forced a smile. "A little. I've never slept in a hotel before. Isn't that sad? The room is awesome, but it's so big. The bed too. Took forever to get to sleep. And I kept waking up every time the air conditioner or whatever it is turned on. Hope you guys slept okay."

With Kate to hold, I had slept well, but kept waking up with an erection, each time with thoughts of slipping into Amy's room. From the desperation Amy was flashing from across the table, I knew she wished I had.

Kate had already bought tickets to Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center, so we started there. We decided to take the subway to give Amy the full New York experience. She was fascinated by how everyone studiously ignored each other, the grime, and the complexities of the subway map.

At Top of the World, Kate and I smiled at each other seeing Amy bouncing around the observation platforms, exclaiming and grinning as she recognized Central Park and other landmarks. She reminded us so much of our own excitement the first time we saw the city.

As we walked to the next landmark, Amy was looking up and around. "It's amazing to see a place you've only ever seen in movies," she said, "but it doesn't smell very good."

I laughed. "Not in the summer, that's for sure."

When crowds allowed, Amy walked on one side of me, Kate on the other. Amy slipped her hand into mine. When Kate noticed, she flashed Amy sour a look and Amy, chagrined, let go.

The rest of the day we toured the city. Amy's infectious excitement and wonder was tempered by Kate's constant chilly vibes.

Amy was tactile, always leaning in to touch my arm and point and something she had discovered, or just reaching for my hand. Several times during the day she started to lean in to kiss me out of habit then, catching Kate's hurt stare, slumped her shoulders and retreated.

After dinner back at the hotel, Kate went into the bathroom, leaving me alone with Amy for the first time all day.

She was in my arms at once, eyes watery.

"This is torture, Ben! Why did Katherine invite me? I would have been fine back home. You two could have been alone."

I stroked Amy's hair, sharing her misery. "Give it time, Amy. It's all new to her. To all of us. Monday Kate has a radio interview. We'll have most of the day to ourselves then."

"But we still can't make love, can we?"

"Kate asked us not to."

Amy sniffled. "Then send me home! I can't stand being close to you when I can't even kiss you. Can't even hold your hand. And Katherine's so snippy. We used to be friends!"

"Shh. Amy, just—"

The bathroom door clicked open. Kate stood framed in the doorway, seeing Amy in my arms. The hurt in her eyes felt like a stab through the heart.

"Amy," she said, quietly.

Amy pushed me away. "I know! I'm not allowed to touch him. I'm not even allowed to look at him. I'm sorry. I'm going to my room. Good night."

She yanked open the connecting door to her room and stomped through, slamming it behind her.

Kate stared at the door, looking half angry, half ready to cry.

"She wants to go home," I said with a sigh.

"Yeah. I heard." Kate stepped to Amy's door and knocked. Amy had locked it and refused to answer.

Kate knocked again then said, "I'll talk to her in the morning. Was I really that awful today?"

"You're being really cold. Does she deserve that? I'm the one you should be angry with."

Kate sighed. "I'm not angry with either of you. I just... I don't know. I don't even know why I'm being like that with her. I feel awful. Let's just go to bed."

The moment we entered the bedroom Kate went to her knees and took me in her mouth. She licked and sucked eagerly, stroking me, running her fingers across my balls, using her considerable skills and years of practice. Soon I was blasting down her throat, leaving me weak and gasping.

She smiled up at me. "I'm still good at that, aren't I?"

I pulled her to her feet. "Best in the world, Kate. Best in the universe."

We stripped each other and slipped into bed. We cuddled, Kate idly stroking me until I was ready again then urged me to take her.

Again Kate insisted she was enjoying it, frantically urging me to use her, come in her. But like the night before, she tried to hide how uncomfortable it was, even painful.

I stopped.

Kate rolled away and when I wrapped around her from behind, I felt her shuddering with sobs.

"Kate," I said, "listen— "

Hugging a pillow, Kate mumbled, "I don't want to talk about it."

~~~~

Sunday morning Amy was even more droopy, avoiding my eyes and giving only one-word responses as we planned the day. Kate looked exhausted as well, having tossed all night, waking me each time she turned.

Everywhere we went, Amy trailed behind us, never once trying to walk beside me, never reaching for my hand. She barely spoke all day. She was still interested in each sight we visited, but she was far more muted than the day before, and always wary of Kate.

I had been trying to think of ways to reconcile them, to find some way to make my affair with Amy work, but then realized what a selfish thought that was. I couldn't stand seeing either of them so miserable. It couldn't go on.

When we took a shortcut through a small park heading back to the hotel, some guy passed us then suddenly yanked Kate's handbag off her shoulder so hard it spun her sideways.

The thief streaked with the handbag through the park gate then cut left, sprinting down the street.

Amy didn't hesitate—she sped after the scumbag. We yelled for her to stop, but Amy had reached the edge of the park. She vaulted the low iron fence and pursued, long legs stretching, hair whipping behind her.

By the time Kate and I made it out the gate to the sidewalk, Amy was loping back to us, purse in hand. We saw the creep at the end of the block, limping away fast.

Grinning, her face a sheen of sweat, Amy handed the purse to Kate. She bent to catch her breath.

"Oh, my god!" Kate said. "Amy, are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine," Amy laughed. "He gave up the purse soon as I pushed him to the ground."

I saw red. "Why did you DO that? What if he had a knife? Or a gun?"

Kate joined in. "He could be part of a gang. You could have been hurt. Killed!"

Amy's grin faded into confusion. "What? You saw his clothes. You saw how he moved. He was just some crack-head looking for an easy score. He was by himself. He wasn't dangerous."

"You don't know that," Kate said. "This isn't like home. Do you know how many murders there are here? Your life isn't worth my purse. Why did you chase him? You should have just let him go! Why didn't you let him go?"

Amy's eyes darted from Kate to me then back. Her face darkened.

"NO!" she yelled, stomping her foot. "NO! No one's stealing your stuff. No one's hurting you. I grew up around junkies like that. I know them. They're the same everywhere."

Amy's face was crimson, her fists balled stiffly at her sides. Kate and I were shocked by her rage.

Amy yelled, "No one hurts the people I love! Not if I can stop it. No way was that shitbag taking your purse. You've got all your interviews and signings tomorrow. It's got your credit cards and everything. You need it."

Huge tears streamed. Kate and I reached for Amy at the same time, but Amy turned her back and crossed her arms.

"Can't I do anything right anymore?" she sobbed. "He was just a crack-head. Couldn't even run fast. Guys on meth run fast. Guys on meth will cut you."

Kate's painful expression matched my own. She gently put a hand on Amy's shoulder but Amy shrugged it away.

"I'm sorry," Kate said. "I was scared you'd get hurt. I couldn't stand it if you got hurt, Amy."

"Bull fucking shit," spat Amy. "You don't care. You hate me now."

Kate gasped. "That's not true! Of course, I care. Amy, I—"

Amy waived her arm dismissively and stomped away.

We took a taxi back to the hotel. Amy slumped against the door, staring out at the passing city. Kate looked exhausted and miserable.

~~~~

We entered the suite, relieved to be back. Before Amy could slink off to her room, Kate caught her arm and pulled her close. Amy tried to push away, but Kate clung. She whispered in Amy's ear for several moments.

They separated then Amy padded into her room, head down, avoiding my inquisitive look. She left the door open.

Kate said, "I shouldn't have waited so long to talk to her. So we're going to do that now, okay?"

She went into Amy's room and clicked the door shut.

I shouldn't have, but I stood listening at the door for some minutes. I didn't know what to expect. Yelling? Lamps being thrown? And who would be doing it? There were muffled voices, then what might have been sobs, then much more talk.