All Comments on 'One and Two and Three and...'

by juanwildone

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Now that is fiction.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

MC didn't sound too broken up about his divorce but I still would have found a way to rub her nose in it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Good story but no LW - 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't know that I wouldn't have been overcome with greed and tried to take ALL of the money. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Utterly boring. Not a fucking thing to do with tne LW category.

.

1 *

EZ8ltEZ8ltabout 2 years ago

Yep, this was a bad story, not because why usually a an lw cat story is bad, it was just bad on the level of being a story.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

It feels like you had the crash/money plot laid out and then threw in some toss away wife/cheating husband parts to get it in here.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 years ago

Great story and first class writing, but: It raises thoughts.

1. He has a totally non fulfilling lifestyle. No aims, no ambitions, no meaningful relationships.

2. His use of all that cash is severely limited in todays world. Can he book a flight? A top class hotel? Buy a Ferrari? It's all cards nowadays, and that means bank accounts.

3. The money in the plane: he thought drug money. I think too much, more likely government money. Now there's a problem. The government has enormous resources. They'll catch up with him, and he'll do serious jail time.

These thoughts do not diminish my admiration of the story. It's a tribute to the writer that my interest has been so piqued. 5 Stars anyway, and thank you very much.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story, but the wife wasn’t very loving.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

It was a fun idea, but him being married and divorced was totally inconsequential to the story.

If he'd found a way to safely launder the money so that he could actually buy the trappings of wealth, you could've tied this back to the wife dumping him for lack of ambition. He could bump into her years later at a marina, with a couple of bikini babes on his arms, just getting off his outrageous yacht.

But that would've required him to be upset about the wife leaving him, but he didn't seem to give much of a shit about the marriage ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry, not enough of a story to make a comment on. Very disappointing effort from a normally quality author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars, loved it! Dude I have been thinking about how to travel and stash that money all over several states all day!

Hiding some in AZ,NM,Utah, Montana and others. Switching vehicles and burying money. What a blast it would be to have that money and live on the road. Dream world stuff there man. Thanks for the head trip!:)

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 2 years agoAuthor

Hi all - just a quick request for clarification. I don’t have the actual numbers in front of me but I’ll make a wild guess that Loving Wives (LW) stories involve a wife cheating on her husband. Right? So when 1/3 of those commenting state that there is no there there, I reread the story to see if I’d had a major cut/paste error because Dan’s guilt dream is a result of his one night stand with Sonya - A MARRIED WOMAN, aka a Loving Wife. Just saying.

Does the story suck? Well, I certainly enjoyed writing it, Lit was kind enough to publish it and a number of you have read it. If you played your part I hope you enjoyed it too.. That’s pretty much it.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 years ago

Welcome back to LW Juan, it's been a long time!

I seem to be the first commenter to have really enjoyed this story.

It covered a lot of ground in a short space, and left me with thoughts:

1. The 'wealth brings happiness' trope is unconvincing. This gentleman will very soon realize that his lifestyle is meaningless and pointless. He has no friends, relationships, or worthwhile pursuits. His future has nothing to look forward to. Persuading girls into prostitution is evil - better to use a professional call-girl.

2. In today's world, cash will only take you so far. Can you book a flight? An expensive hotel? Any online purchase? We live on plastic, and this requires a bank. He recognized that's a problem.

3. The sheer bulk of the stuff, and weight. In England we had the Great Train Robbery some years ago. £2.6 million, (a mere handful in comparison). In it's day, the biggest heist ever. It filled a lorry. Admittedly lorries have got bigger since, but it carrying it was hard labor for a whole bunch of guys. They were caught.

4. He thought it was drug money. Seems likely to me that it's just too much. More likely Government money. Big trouble!! Massive resources would be concentrated on finding the money, and him. They'd succeed. Enormous tips alone would attract attention. Every person possibly within range of the crash would be investigated. Anyone who left a job and moved away at the time would be investigated. There's no doubt other stuff I can't imagine. Fingerprints? Bootprints? His only hope of survival would be to walk away from the vast bulk of the cash and resume his normal life. Makes it all pointless really.

The above are not criticism, I'm paying tribute to a story that made me think.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Good story. Yes I agree with taking 15 million and bugging out before he’s caught. If the government finds it, they would be happy with 75 million and not likely to look for more because who would leave 75 million bucks behind?

Buying coins is good, paying cash for prepaid debit cards let’s you use plastic when needed. Also cash for a older used Rv then later trade it for a better one with added cash and then keep going until you have the RV you want. Of course, there’d be a title trail., but they’d take the smaller amounts due in cash. Pawn shops usually take cash for items you need or small valuables that can later be sold. Cleaning 15 million would take a regular guy most of his life to accomplish, but it would be fun.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 2 years ago

@ juanwild1

Nice try! LW is basically not just a married woman getting boned

by NotHubby! Is is mainly about the effect of her choice on their marital

relationship! We-The-Readers never hear anything about Sonya, and

certainly less, after she puts on her wedding rings and closes the door

on her guilt-laden former teacher. This IS a story about money with very

little honey except how to establish a cash price-expectation on young women’s

pussies.

Incidentally, the distance before the crash in something like a DC-3 would likely

be less than 5 miles. They are not that fast when at altitude and glide like a

bowling ball. And if fuel-loss was not the problem, a fire or explosion was very

likely! Lots of sparks and very hot metal around high-octane gasoline sprays and vapor.

Elderly piston planes were much less carefully designed against accidents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What's all this have to do with LOVING WIVES?

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Nice story, i can relate to the worry of getting caught.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

3 stars and just barely.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Should

Should have used some of the money to get some sort of revenge on his ex wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. Great story. My only question is this? If the plane was in US airspace, it would have been tracked. And regardless who the money belonged to ( gangs is a good guess) there would have been a lot of effort to retrieve it.

I think he would not have been able to continue roaming the countryside, using money for everything, and leaving huge tips. In the 1980’s or 90’s, sure. But today, maybe only 15-20 % of people use cash. In any case, I gave it 5 stars. It was interesting, and different.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Boggles the mind finding anything like that but a good story. US airspace yes it could have been tracked a ways but when he heard it is was probably below the radar. Also such desert areas are less traveled and t the crash was n a canyon and no road, discovery was unlikely. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think I saw the movie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story. Actually believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! I can't help questioning "what's next?" for our hero!

69gman69gmanover 1 year ago
Good to see you're back

Hoping for more from you juan-wild-one.. We need more crazy humor around here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dunno, but I'd imagine that sort of a cash shipment would have a pretty decent tracker on it, wouldn't it? Then again, I guess when airplanes crash they usually have trouble finding it, so GPS must not be as global as we're led to believe sometimes.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Great start. WTF on the ending

waifwaif2 months ago

Begs for more elaboration.

Maybe a sequel from the POV of the next person who stumbles upon the wreck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjuanwildone@juanwildone
To all the authors I've stolen from - ya caught me red-handed - at least that's all I'll admit to having in my hand. None of these stories ever occurred - except between my ears, which I should probably go and clean now.