One Down, One to Go

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,803 Followers

"Normally, I'd agree, but in this case, you need to know I may not even be able to have them or...want them," she said finally admitting what she'd been thinking but had been too afraid to say. "And as much as I like you, and I like you a lot, I don't want you to feel mislead."

He went to speak but Brooklyn felt the need to say one more thing so she added, "And I can't stand the thought of getting hurt again. So while I know it's kind of irrational to think in those terms at this point, I'm not like women your age, so however I may look to you, I am...43 years old."

She watched his face for any kind of negative reaction but didn't seen any such thing.

"I wasn't going to ask, but knowing Kristi's age, I was pretty sure I knew yours within a couple of years either way," he told her.

He set his glass down then looked right at her and said, "All I know is I can't stop thinking about you. And anytime I'm around someone I know, I can't stop talking about you. Everything I see reminds me of you in some way. And deep down, I've wondered how you might feel about having kids, so this isn't a surprise to me, Brooklyn. In fact, your honesty just makes me like you even more so...can we please move on to something else?"

"Before we do, I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to have another child, it's just so new to me I really need to think it through. Well, should this ever move beyond all the drinking we seem to be doing," she said with a smile. "Is that fair enough?"

"It is," he told her.

They talked for several more hours and Serge found himself agreeing with her time and time again. Whether it was politics or religion, moral values or how to raise children, they seemed to be in synch on virtually everything.

"Would you like another glass of wine?" she asked.

"No, thanks," he told her. "But there is something I've wanted since I saw you this afternoon."

"Oh? And what might that be?" she asked as he stood up then moved to where she was sitting.

"May I?" he asked looking at the empty space next to her.

"Yes," she said quietly.

He turned sideways a bit so he could look at her then reached for her hand before speaking.

"I've never met anyone like you before, Brooklyn. You've met part of my family, and they liked you as much as I do. We've also talked about a lot of things, and we have a whole lot in common."

"Yes, we do," she told him.

"I was wondering if we have something else in common."

"Such as?" she said, her body suddenly on fire as he leaned closer to her.

"I want to kiss you so bad it's killing me," he said as he gently brushed his cheek against hers.

"Oh. Well, if it's that, then, yes, we do have that in common," she whispered, her heart hammering in her chest.

The kiss that followed was long and deep and passionate and when it ended, his face was still very close to hers.

Without looking into his eyes Brooklyn asked oh-so quietly, "I would very much like to see what else we might have in common. You know, in a physical kind of way."

"I think we'll find we're very compatible in terms of such desires," he said as he kissed his way from her cheek to her neck.

"Do you think it might be easier to explore those...interests...somewhere more comfortable?" she said, her voice husky with desire.

"Definitely," he agreed immediately. "Someplace...soft maybe?"

"Ah, right," she agreed. "I think I have a place like that. May I show it to you?"

They stood up together and kissed again just as passionately before Brooklyn took his hand and said, "Follow me."

Some forty-five minutes later she was laying in the crook of his arm having been fully satisfied for the first time in over two years.

"I can't believe there hasn't been anyone else in all that time," Serge told her when she shared how long it had been.

"I was really badly hurt," she told him. "It may sound melodramatic, but getting left at the altar was traumatizing."

"No, not all," Serge told her. "It's like the ultimate form of personal rejection. And then to find out in a text? I don't even know how to respond to something like that."

"So that's why I'm so...paranoid...about getting too involved. With anyone," she explained.

"I'm not anyone, Brooklyn," Serge said hoping she'd understand.

"I didn't think my former fiancé would do what he did to me, either," she said without accusation as she rested her hand on his chest.

He rolled over and looked into her eyes, smiled, and said, "I'm going to win your trust, Brooklyn. I don't care how long it takes, either."

She smiled back then said, "I guess if seeing...all of me...didn't scare you off, then maybe that could happen."

"Scare me off? Wow. Do you really not know how hot you are?" he asked without a smile. "I've never had what I'd call a hard time attracting nice-looking women, so I know what 'hot' looks like and trust me, you are hot."

Brooklyn laughed for the first time since they'd gone to bed together then said, "I have to admit you make me feel young and...."

"And?" he asked as he ran his finger along her cheek.

"I don't know. Pretty...maybe?" she said insecurely.

"You are," he said quietly. "You are very pretty. And you're intelligent and funny and I love the way you make me feel when I'm with you."

"Hey, that was gonna be my line!" she said pretending to be upset.

Then she got serious and told Serge, "I'm embarrassed for being so fragile. I'm not normally like that. I would love to be able to put all that behind me and...and give myself to you."

Serge saw and even felt the need in her voice and it touched him deeply.

"I was going to joke around and say, 'I believe you already did give yourself to me', but it didn't seem funny after hearing you say that."

"It is kind of funny," she said now smiling again. "So while I work through all of my other emotions, would you mind terribly if I um...gave myself to you again?"

Another half hour later, Brooklyn was breathing heavily as she said, "You are very good at this!"

"You're not so bad yourself," he told her as he lay on top still inside of her.

"You make it very hard to keep my defenses up," she told him as he stared into her eyes. "I still can't believe someone so handsome and so...young...would ever want to be with a woman my...."

He put his finger over her lips and said, "Please don't say it again, Brooklyn. Ever. Okay?"

"But if that's what I'm feeling...." she said in response.

"I don't want to hear it because it changes nothing. We are who we are and I love who you are. What else matters?" he asked as he brushed her hair aside.

"I...I don't know," she said unable to think of anything else that really did seem to matter.

"May I tell you something?" he asked quietly.

"Yes. Anything," she told him as she put her hand behind his head and ran her fingers through his thick hair.

He smiled, kissed her softly, then quietly sang the words from the song they danced to.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help...falling in love with you?"

Brooklyn felt herself tearing up as his words touched her heart. She couldn't sing so she simply repeated another line from the song:

"Serge? Wise men say only fools rush in."

He knew what she was implying but didn't agree.

"It may seem like I'm rushing in, but I can assure you, I've waited my whole life to find you...sweetheart. And now that I have, I'm never letting you go. Ever. I know you need time, and I'll give you all you need. But Brooklyn? I am falling in love with you and...I can't help it nor do I want to. Okay?"

He saw tears fall from her eyes and run down her face to the bed below.

"Okay," she whispered back as she put her arms around him and held him as tightly as she could.

"Yes. Okay," she said again as more tears followed.

The next morning, when she woke up alone in her bed, Brooklyn wondered if what had happened had been real or just the most pleasant dream she'd ever had. Yes, the sex had been great. Amazing even. But more than anything his words were what convinced her it had indeed been real.

"I've waited my whole life to find you...sweetheart," she heard over and over in her brain, the sweetest-sounding words she'd ever heard except for possibly, "I am falling in love with you."

Just two days ago, all she had was a dream. No, it wasn't even really a dream. It was more a fantasy than anything else. A fantasy that she was also 26 years old and the most handsome man she'd ever known was in love with her and she with him.

And now here she was laying in the bed where that handsome, 26-year old man had made love to her twice and told her he was falling in love with her. With Brooklyn Maxwell, a 43-year old woman who'd been divorced and left standing at the altar. Could that really be true? Was it even possible something like that could happen at all let alone to her of all people?

And yet, were she to believe the words of that handsome, 26-year old man, it was. And were she to admit it, she would have to tell him that she, too, was falling in love with him.

The warmth of those feelings lasted through her shower, her light breakfast of coffee and toast, and well into the morning before a handful of young women who had also fallen in love demanded her full attention at the boutique.

But those feelings came back completely and very hard when a young man came in looking for Brooklyn Maxwell.

"That's me," she told him.

"Then this is for you," he told her handing her a package.

Her heart was beating loudly when she opened the box and found a note inside from Serge that read:

"It was easy finding this online even on a Sunday night. Getting it delivered this quickly was not. But I want you to know I meant every word I said, sweetheart, and I hope this will remind you of that each time you listen to it. I am falling in love with you. Serge."

Inside, there was a very old RCA record by Elvis Presley. She saw the 'B' side first, a song called Rock-A-Hula Love and knew what song was on the 'A' side. She was already tearing up again when she flipped it over and saw Can't Help Falling in Love.

"Excuse me?" she heard someone saying as through a tunnel.

She turned around and saw the girl who'd gone in to try on a wedding dress just before the delivery, standing there, and it was obvious she'd been waiting for some time.

"Are you okay?" the young woman asked when Brooklyn turned around.

She blinked several times then said, "I am. I'm very okay, actually. In fact, I think I may be...falling in love."

The young girl had no idea what Brooklyn meant and asked for her opinion on the dress and once again, she temporarily shelved her feelings.

Then, just after noon, her heart soared when Serge came in. She was with a customer and he stood there waiting patiently for her to finish before showing her why he came.

It was Kristi's wedding album.

"How did you get this done so quickly?" she asked.

"Love is a powerful motivator," he told her with a smile.

The record was laying right beside them as he spoke.

Brooklyn picked it up and clutched it to her heart as she told him, "Of all the things I've ever been given in my life, this may be the most wonderful gift of all."

She leaned over and kissed him then said sincerely, "Thank you...sweetheart."

Serge smiled, kissed her back, then told her, "My pleasure, honey."

He opened the wedding book then put one arm around Brooklyn's waist as they flipped through it page by page.

"It's just beautiful," she told him. "Kristi is going to love this!"

She looked over at him as she said that and Serge said, "And I love you."

Brooklyn didn't care that she was tearing up yet again or that a customer was walking in as she put her arms around the man she loved and kissed him right there in the middle of her store.

As the kiss ended, a woman about her age, and who looked it, was standing back a few feet waiting patiently.

"Oh, my heavens! I'm so sorry!" Brooklyn said when she finally remembered where she was.

"It's okay," the woman said understandingly. "I'm also in love with a younger man."

The woman held up her left hand which was sporting a modest diamond ring. Both Brooklyn and Serge congratulated her and she thanked them.

"I honestly believed I would never fall in love again, let alone with someone so much younger, but sometimes things just happen, you know?" the woman said, obviously a true believer in such things.

"Yes. Yes, they do," Brooklyn said as she looked at her younger man.

"It's obvious you two are also in love," the woman said.

She looked at Brooklyn then said, "You look at him the way I look at Jacob. It's funny, but just saying his name makes me so happy."

"Well, let's see if we can find you a wedding dress that'll make you just as happy," Brooklyn said cheerfully.

She smiled then asked, "Is it too late to tell you, 'Serge sent me'?"

Brooklyn's eyes opened wide and Serge laughed.

"What? Did I say something funny?" she asked completely lost.

"No. Not at all," Brooklyn told her. She put her arm in Serge's then said, "This is Serge."

She squeezed his arm tightly then said, "The younger man I love. So, no, it's not too late."

"You two make a very lovely couple," the woman told them. "My Jacob is very good looking, but I have to admit, your boyfriend is....a hottie."

The women laughed and Serge thanked her before saying he'd go ahead and leave so Brooklyn could get back to work.

He picked up the wedding book then turned to Brooklyn and told her, "I really do love you."

"And I believe you, Serge. And I love you, too," she said quietly before he kissed her goodbye.

"Isn't it wonderful to be in love?" the woman asked after Serge left.

Considering how fast it had all happened, Brooklyn could say, "Yes, it is."

When Kristi returned from her week-long honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico, she had no idea how far things had progressed. She sent her mom a text once each day letting her know she was okay and that they were having a wonderful time. Brooklyn had only told her the day before she left Cancun that she had something important to tell her.

"So? What's this big secret?" Kristi asked the evening she returned as she set down with her mom around 8 o'clock.

"Well. I've been seeing someone," her mom began.

"No. Get out of here! Is it...Serge?" she asked hopefully.

"Yes," her mother said as though she were was admitting to something bad.

"And....?" Kristi said with wide eyes.

"And...it's...pretty amazing!" her mom said smiling happily.

"Mom, I'm so happy for you! So...what exactly does 'amazing' mean?" her daughter wanted to know.

"Let's just say I've found myself willing to consider any and all future possibilities."

"To include...marriage?" her daughter asked, almost afraid to hear the response.

"Yes," her mom said causing her daughter to squeal with happiness.

"You know I have to ask, right?" Kristi said.

Brooklyn suddenly felt very vulnerable assuming her daughter was going to ask if she was sleeping with Serge. She was very relieved she Kristi asked something else.

"Are you in love with him already?"

She thought about trying to deny it and maybe tell her daughter how silly that was considering how long they'd been dating, but she knew she had to share her good news with her best friend and confessed the truth.

"I am," she said. "I can't believe I'm saying that, but yes, I am in love with him."

Kristi pretty much jumped into her mother's lap as she threw her arms around her and made more squealing noises.

"I am so happy for you, Mom!" she said so genuinely it made Brooklyn happy to hear her words.

"Thank you, honey. And you know what? So am I."

Kristi sat back and looked at her mom then asked, "So...how serious is this?"

"I don't know," her mom answered. "I only know it feels pretty wonderful, and I don't want it to end."

"Have you told him that?" she asked thoughtfully.

"Not in so many words. Why?"

"It's none of my business. I was just wondering, that's all," Kristi told her.

"Oh, he left this here for you. Don't be upset, but I've already seen it," Brooklyn said as Kristi stood up and she went to get the wedding album.

They sat together flipping pages and when her daughter got misty eyed, so did Brooklyn.

"Mom, it's...it's just so beautiful," Kristi said as they finished looking at the last page.

"Yes, it is. Just like my beautiful daughter," her mom said as she stroked Kristi's long, pretty hair.

"Where do you think I got that beauty from?" she asked sweetly.

Brooklyn smiled then said, "Thank you, honey, and I'm so glad you liked it."

Kristi tapped the album then said, "One down, one to go!"

"Oh, stop!" her mother said even as she secretly hoped that might one day be true.

Serge had agreed not to see her that night so she could spend time with her daughter, but the next evening, he asked her to join him for dinner at his house.

"Kristi loved the album," she told him as they ate.

"I'm so glad," he told her. "How was Cancun?"

"From what I gathered it was pretty wonderful," she told him.

"What else did Kristi have to say?" he asked with genuine interest.

"Well, she did encourage me to tell you something," Brooklyn said, immediately wondering whether she should have brought this up.

"What might that be, sweetheart?" he asked with a smile.

"Well...she asked me if I was, you know, in love with you and...."

"You said, 'Yes', I hope," he said still smiling.

"I did," she told him. "I also told her I didn't want that feeling to ever end."

Serge set his fork down and looked into his beautiful girlfriend's eyes and could see the change.

"You're no longer afraid, are you?" he said knowingly.

"No. No, I'm not," she told him. "I'm just...happy."

Serge got up and moved his chair right next to hers and said, "It doesn't have to end, you know."

"I do," she quietly said as their eyes danced.

"I don't want it to end, either, Brooklyn," he told her.

"Then it won't," she told him as she leaned over and kissed him.

"I think we need someplace more comfortable to discuss this," he said.

"Yes. Someplace...soft, maybe," she added as he took her hand and led her to his bedroom.

Two days later, Serge dropped by to see Max and told him what was going on. He'd told Brooklyn he and his brother shared nearly everything so it wasn't a betrayal to let him know they'd made love many times already. But more importantly, when he told his brother what she'd said to him, he asked Serge a rather pointed question.

"What are you waiting for then?"

"You know, I'm not really sure," Serge told him.

"You got the ring back from Chloe. How much did you get for it? Never mind. Don't answer that. Do you have enough to buy the perfect ring for Brooklyn?"

Serge winced and said, "Easy on the 'perfect' thing, okay?"

"Oh, shit. Sorry, man. I already forgot about that. Which, when it comes to Chloe, is a good thing."

The brothers laughed then Serge said, "You're right. There's no reason to keep waiting."

Elena was walking by and heard enough to let her chime in with, "It's about time, Serge!"

There was another round of laughter before he said, "Okay. That settles it. I'm going to ask her to marry me."

"Great!" Max said. "We love her. Mom and Dad love her. And most importantly, you love her. So yeah. Ask her, dude. And soon."

The next day Serge used what he got from selling Chloe's ring plus some additional money, and bought Brooklyn a ring he hoped would let her know just how much he loved her. It was more than he could afford, and yet he felt he couldn't afford not to buy it for the woman he loved with all his heart.

"Why are we going to the gym, of all places?" Brooklyn asked when he picked her up for lunch the following day.

"You'll see," he told her with a smile.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,803 Followers