All Comments on 'One More Year Ch. 01'

by BradleyScott

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well, I read your blog because I’m a boarder-line insomniac with way too much shit to do and too little motivation. Anyways, I thought this was pretty good. I like your tone and stuff. If you want feedback and editors and beta readers, you might consider posting on gay authors.org as well. They are generally pretty nice and supportive, and you’ll probably get a better reception than on this site, because it’s less sex-centric. If you ask around on the forums you could probably find an editor and beta reader on that site, and you can find editors on this site as well.

Also, your blog was pretty entertaining.

BradleyScottBradleyScottalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Hi Anon. I don't know if you'll ever see this, but thanks. Glad you're enjoying. I'll definitely look into gayauthors. Sex will come into this story eventually, so hopefully I won't be too reviled here. I'm relatively happy with the response so far though. Pleasantly surprised you liked the blog! But glad I could give you a reason to procrastinate.

sm1982sm1982almost 3 years ago

This is a great start. I honestly feel like I’m reading a novel which is nice. Very well detailed and descriptions of all the main and small characters is great. I’m now invested in knowing what happens next with Jay and Jaime and whether either of them will take a risk of expressing an interest. I feel like Jay only asked out Ellie so Jay wouldn’t try again cuz of some bro code or he was curious about what made Jay interested in Ellie.

BradleyScottBradleyScottalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks sm1982! It was written like a novel, so that's an amazing compliment. I'm just releasing it episodically for editing and sentimental reasons, which I go into (or will go into) on my blog. The second chapter is currently submitted here (and out elsewhere) so you'll get to see what happens soon. Thanks for reading and commenting!

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyalmost 3 years ago

I don't know why this has such a low rating, so happy to support a fellow South African! And it helps that you've enraptured me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nicely structured & written. Interesting cast are introduced and their opening positions sketched.. Now begins the play!

BradleyScottBradleyScottalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks Anon! What a lovely way to think about it.

DustyDevilDustyDevilalmost 3 years ago

I will reserve judgement until I have red the entire story.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

I'm here reading chapter one on a Sunday morning, September 2021. A new chapter has just posted and after reading a bit I knew I wanted to start from the beginning. BradleyScott has my attention. Five Stars and Following!

BradleyScottBradleyScottover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks dnsontn! Glad you're enjoying it. You have BradleyScott's gratitude. 😉

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I have come late to this story and what a jewel it is.

The writing really is top notch with superb characterisation. The writer has the ability to "set the scene" in an economical and believable way, such that the reader is drawn into the story without realising it.

I particularly like the way the inner conflict between keeping under the homophobe radar and developing sexuality is subtly introduced.

Five Star plus

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBradleyScott@BradleyScott
I'm just a gay dude from Cape Town, South Africa, flexing my writing muscles and putting out some stories about cute guys falling in love, hoping to make some money off of them one day so I can write instead of work. That's the dream. Thanks for reading One More Year! (Assumi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES