All Comments on 'One Night in Manhattan'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Port Authority bathrooms

I went into one in 1981. Big mistake. Never made it again. To this day, I still don't when I visit NYC even though I know they must be better. Good story.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 5 years ago
When the Good Old Days Weren't So Good

Gothic in theme and language, while playing the pun in Gotham. This takes a few slow reads to gather all the details you've dropped in place. A great exercise in changing of styles and very motivating for me to flesh out some different ideas of my own. Well done. Please keep us guessing which genre you'll take on next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very evocative

I've lived here all my life and the sense of time and place was very good. The few notes such as Naturalists Gate, Bronx to the north, river to the west gave me the place and I'd have known the time period even without your introduction. That era was memorable and not in a good way.

I had to look up the three people you named since only the Bathory name rang a bell and I was fuzzy about that. What horror stories they were! Truly people who liked nightmares! I couldn't stop myself from wondering of Jack the Ripper was a sib. :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I didn't get the whole incubus mythology until the end then I was like "duh!" Cool.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 5 years ago
Odd but enjoyable nonetheless...

Is he really an incubus or is he more free of what he is but because of her mind an incubus became what he was...?

Or are you thinking that definition is what makes him an incubus...? No arguments, just curious...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I got the impression

@Ambivalence, I got the impression that he can be whatever someone forms him into but she formed him into an incubus. Not sure if the author is saying all incubuses (incubi?) are his type of animal called by lust or not, though I would expect so.

I agree an odd tale and I agree an enjoyable tale. I think the author's word in the prolog, "tonal", fits really well. It kind of evoked a mood and tone and time.

Definitely well-written: literate, well-paced, not a clone of something else.

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Out of the mind of the twisted...

comes a wickedly delicious tale of what dreams are made of... a well-placed word of caution: this story is not for weak-minded, sensitive souls. Bold, brassy writing at its best. A standing ovation for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice Gothic

Kind of reminds me of Matthew Lewis' work for some reason. Not sure why.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Oh my god. That was the most evocative story I've ever read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Oh, wow!

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Didn't like it so much but was done right as far as a story (erotic horror) goes so I still gave the Author 5 stars.

FlamethrowFlamethrow16 days ago

Incredibly evocative and sensual. Loved it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

SIMILAR Stories