All Comments on 'One Night When the Moon was Black'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
*****

Good One!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 5 years ago
Fun story

Except for “lucent” instead of “lucid,” I found no errors. Original plot and good story. Five stars. Good luck with the Halloween contest.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 5 years ago
Outstanding

The dream of anyone who has been cheated upon. Unusual and well done,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I like!

Good work :)

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
MIDNIGHT IN THE OASIS or cemetery

where the witching hours awaits release, TK U MLJ LV NV

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
That was fun

I love your writing style - the rat-a-tat pacing really keeps the story fresh and exciting. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Extraordinary !

Love the writing style and the really unusual story line, excellent piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A+

Great imagination and nice job interweaving the mystery and investigators life

cpl8140cpl8140over 5 years ago
Better and Better

Your writing keeps getting better and better!

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wowee!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!!.....Fantastic Story....Reminds Me of when I was little and We were told spooky stories that scared the B-Jesus out of Me!!!!! True fact if a house has a basement and it's not being used I can't go in there!!!! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with Us ★★★★★WOOF!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Man, do we have great writers on this site!

Seriously, I know a lot of people enjoy bitching about the sad state of the LW genre - and, in most cases, rightfully so - but, when a writer is firing on all cylinders, like moreandmore does here... what is there to truly be upset about?

"The Infideligeist." Holy shit. 😆😝🤣

Ladies and gentlemen, you cannot make this shit up... but, if you can, you're a FUCKING GENIUS. 😂

A thought that's going to piss off the pro-cheating crowd around here: is having such a 'ju-on' roaming around, taking out people who has no business being married in the first place... such a bad thing? No, no, no, you sad haters, I'm not saying that all cheaters should die (although...), but that the fear of death would may/definitely make folks think twice before being unfaithful... which, sorry, isn't a bad thing!

I do wish, however, that the author would have made James and Loretta's last conversation more memorable. He should have pour out his heart to her, letting her exactly how much her betrayal truly hurt him, and give her as much angst as possible before dropping the bomb that she was about to get her life squeeze out by an avenging ghost. That would have been great... 'guess James didn't not have enough time to pull this off.

Overall, a very dark, twisted, and, yeah, enjoyable Halloween fare. I'm fairly certain the author got my full ★★★★★ rating the minute he came up with the whole 'Infideligeist' concept - so fucking brilliant... but the rest of the tale is pretty good too!

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

What a great story! You were right, it was just like an X-Files or Twilight Zone tale... I was enthralled throughout!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Twilight Zone Indeed!

Excellent story. No RAAC or willing cucks here. Well done. Hope our intrepid detective eventually meets a good woman that he can grow old with.

pkmapkmaover 5 years ago
Great job. *****

I can see the introduction with a zoom in on the bartender as he wipes the bar with the towel as Rod says “Welcome to the Twilight zone”.

I would wait all week for that show.

What a well done story. Just enough left unsaid as the curtain came down. Nice touch.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 5 years ago
A breath of fresh air

The comment about the degradation of the LW genre is right on, but this story does help it. I usually don't like supernatural crap, but this tale held my attention. A little humor helped a lot. I haven't given a 5* to an LW story for quite a while until the Infideligeist appeared, but this was worth it. Congrats on a "job well done".

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent Halloween fare!

It even had a great title. This was fun. Maybe a couple of flaws, but a very entertaining creepy crawly story. Well played.

gldngolfergldngolferover 5 years ago
Why?

Why bury a natural force that removes cheaters from this world? Justice is served and the cheated on spouse doesn't have to pay an attorney to handle his\her divorce or pay alimony and child support.

Sounds like win win to me.

Fun story for the holiday, thank you.

ToymandaveToymandaveover 5 years ago
WOOOHOOO!!!!

We now have a writer that has come up with a new way of both confirming and the getting rid of a cheating wife! Bravo good sir! Very fun story. Keep up the good work.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 5 years ago
This is a graveyard smash

Excellent story. Even if it wasn't good, you'd still get full marks for Infideligeist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful story

So much shitty Loving Wives stories lately, this was a breath of fresh air.

I'm not even talking about bad cuck stories, those deserve their own section, but even the stories on cheating without complete degeneracy have been sub pay lately as a whole.

Thanks for putting some quality back into the genre. :-D

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Boo

Always did like a Boo story

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
That was spooky and also good

A pre-Halloween tale. Nicely done.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Great Story

I always liked Twilight Zone and this one even had the music background in my head as I read it. Serling’s stories had improbable ideation and this had it as well.

You’ve done a masterful job of capturing that premise.

Thanks for a very entertaining story.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 5 years ago
This one REALLY DOES!

It puts a VERY different spin to the good old "B-T-B!" ENJOYED this one very much!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Re: Just one little question ...

Simple answer: Loretta used James's parents' house, the same parents that couldn't stand her, for her affairs... which is how she once forgot her earrings there.

His mother was right about her: she definitely was a backstabbing cunt.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

I would say that this tale would fit more with the Outer Limits from the 90's. A great fantasy, especially the fact that all of the cheaters croaked. That's what you get for cheating.

Five Stars

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Dark

The curse was not detailed enough to say that there is a plot hole and I agree that there was no reason to bury the monster. He was doing a public service;

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 5 years ago
Original and entertaining

I like original and I like to be entertained. 5*

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 5 years ago
Well done, Sir

Original and well written.

p.s. I own the Literotica copyright on 'Pick axe' but won't prosecute in this instance.

moreandmoremoreandmoreover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the support

Thanks to all of you who have left positive feedback. Very special thanks to MightyHorny. I only hope I haven't set the bar too high for myself and can live up to your expectations. I had fun writing this one. Reno

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
well done!!!!!

Finally, some quality writing without basic English mistakes and a storyline that entertains! F-n-A great job

Smokepole

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Well Done

I enjoy a good mystery with a surprise twist. You supplied that. The Ghost got what it wanted and the naughty folks went to Naughty Land. Thanks!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
@PiperHamlin

"There are so many stories where a wife gets murdered, has acid poured on her face, or winds up in a wheelchair that this story isn't even shocking here."

... ACID POURED ON HER FACE??? 😱

Where the hell have you been reading such BTB stories?

I've read most of them, and I have yet to see one of those around here. Maybe you've made that one up in your mind, I don't know...

Oh, and a reminder: BTB is part of LW... just as much as cuckolding is. Bet you're a cheerleader for one, and I support another... it is what it is.

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
Different

A nice Halloween tale. I thought the victims would always be in the motel, not the bar. Seems like the time table for the Geist got sped up? The reveal to the cheating wife was a bit quick and perfunctory, but otherwise it was all put together well. I have a dad in care, so I am pleased that he took him out to do things. Good going, son!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
@Mightyhorny

Heh. I do know of such a story. It is written by a friend. In the story, a wife cheats and the husbands ghosts. She tracks him down, lures him back, only to set him up to be arrested and taunts him, along with her lover. On the way to jail, the police car is involved in an accident. He returns, catches her with the lover who was complicit in setting him up and mayhem ensues. He pours acid on her face. Not dissing that story, or this one, just FYI.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Why recage the Infideligeist? BC they are cops, and take affront to crime on their turf

Enjoy the BTB buzz, but you cant really endorse murder for sexual cheating. Maybe for total betrayal, but c'mon American Talibums, Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Knew it could be done!

After my last comment on your last story, we find this one:

A story clearly written for you, enjoyed by you, and so then, enjoyed well by us.

We witness your process. When you have had a good time writing, it shows. We. grade well on a story that YOU were happy with, because that shows through. If you are happy, then we are happy. Not ALL of us, mind you. Some people can and will NEVER be happy. But I still truly believe that those of us who score with our hearts, are more then content when we realize that YOU were happy with this effort.

And what's more?

I hope you win the contest!

Good luck, and Thanks , as always.

Win or no, your efforts are always appreciated. That is the real deal. Keep it up!

Sorry this comment is late, (it has been a busy week)..........Good Job!

moreandmoremoreandmoreover 5 years agoAuthor
@vandemonium1

I have to hide behind Willie Sutton's famous quote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Different

This was off in a bit of a different galaxy but a well-written and fun story. Great job and keep up the good work.

Tiny Tim

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
@PiperHamlin

"As to what stories I've read in LW that you may have missed: I've read stories where wives are sold to Mexican whorehouses, gang-raped, murdered, impregnated unknowingly with a child and more.I'm glad you've missed those stories."

Now THOSE stories... Most of them, I know of. Even the unknown impregnation ones.

By the way, let's not forget that, as BTB goes, this one's self-owned - Loretta would still be alive if she didn't lie to James about being a cheater. Well, maybe... he still could have brought her to the bar anyway, and watch her choke to death... but that's not how it happened, so a part of me (the part that's not completely nihilistic yet) believe he would have just let her go and divorced her ass if she just fessed up.

Yeah, sure, he would... sure... right?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Yes

Yes, I want the Infideligeist left free. If as many men and women , as LW writers and readers claim, are cheaters, the the IG could solve our population problem quickly. Of course we couldn't have them all in that pub on Wednesday night, so we would have to improve the fantasy. Maybe the occultist cuckold left behind a note on how to free IG to travel to other target rich venues. Maybe it could be trained to hunt infidelity anywhere it is found. What a wonderful thought. Just knowing it was out there lurking would keep more people from cheating. No BTB, everyone makes their own choice to live or die. Like Loretta, would you lie if your life depended on it? Enough fantasy, that was a damn good story. You have quickly become one of my favorite authors.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Fun story, loved it...

Shoot, I'll give you 5 stars just for inventing the term "Infideligeist". Wonderful stuff. Loved it, made me laugh. Thanks for posting.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
NOW THAT IS

A KILLER Story

Loved it

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 5 years ago
Awesome Laugh!

That was such a chuckle!! I loved the cop! I knew she cheated from the minute he said her earrings were missing. You never want to have a spouse cheat, but some do even if you are a good wife. Keep writing!!!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
LOL

"Occult Crap".

That made me chuckle.

I've seen some very strange shit over my 54 years, especially my time working for the Govt. I don't believe in anything I can't see, touch, taste, smell, or hear and then I only believe half of that, but after the things I have seen, I won't discount it either lol.

jharpjharpover 5 years ago

Well that was a good read. I enjoyed it.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 5 years ago
Reread and still really good

If I recall this was one of the best from that invitational and since I just stumbled across it again. It is still a really good read. Well done! I can’t offer higher praise than worth reading again.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading. Maybe even read again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Re: Vulcan_in_Ohio

"Except for “lucent” instead of “lucid,” I found no errors. Original plot and good story. Five stars. Good luck with the Halloween contest."

There was also the amusing idea of giving her the "last rights." Like in Shostakovich's "The Rights of Spring"?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Iróként öt csillag...

Nagyon jó,fordulatos ötlettel teli írások,Gratulálok,minél többet szeretnénk még látni új beadványait!

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
Now that is a real BTB(s) story!

Thank you! Not often do we get a truly fresh story idea in the LW category. If anyone has done this plot before I've certainly not seen it. Nice job.

lol... A ghost that kills cheaters... and remind me again why storing it in concrete is better than letting it roam free? ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Scary.

I'm not sure what's scarier, the thought that this could be real or all the people that think the ghost should be left alone to kill cheaters.

Cheating on someone is a horrible thing to do but if you think the punishment for infidelity should be death there's something wrong with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To Anon 08/26/19

That makes 2 of moreandmore's stories that you commented on where you bemoan how society is now so much more evil than the cheaters.

Yeah, ok, you have a point, sure, but "I think they doth protest too much!"

You gotta realize, a story category like this, where you can post anonymous comments... on the interweb...

Of course, you're gonna get extremists from both ends of the spectrum. Doesn't mean that it's the all-pervasive, everyday reality now, does it?

This is a story site, you know... 99% imagination. Ghosts and the occult, right up there, in the list of made up stuff.

I'll give one little tug at your complaint though... You know what? You can't tell how someone's gonna react when finding they've been cheated on. From just walking away, to collapsing, to cutting off body parts (Lorena Bobbit), you just can't tell what a person is gonna do, out of anger or heartbreak, can you? The thing is, they may be a little insane, and that may lead them to disregard society's rule book, but guess what? At the time, those people don't give a flying fuck.

But guess who broke the rules first? Who brought it all on?

So the solution is, DONT FUCKING CHEAT.

Who knows what the outcome will be? All I can do, is guarantee that it does lead to pain. Inevitable. Someone always gets hurt, when the discovery is made.

The cheats... the partners... the families... the kids.

Someone.

So stop moaning about where society is going, and go think about what YOU'VE done, and the consequences that you may, or may not have even considered yet.

One thing I can say, is I don't trust you.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again. It's a shame how so many readers get upset at fantasy cheater's deaths in an overtly fantasy story.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Nice fresh take

You have a thing about final sentences, really like the pick axe comment. Keep going, oh and ignore the trolls they're always around.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 4 years ago
Awesome and creative - 5 stars

Thanks for sharing this spooky tale!

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
5 Stars!!!

Another Home Run!!! Spooky, sexy, BTB revenge. What more could we ask for!!!

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

5* Excellent BTB Story.

Write On!

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
IF A MAN PLANS ON BEING CHEATED ON

forewarned is forearmed but penalties will be in included. TK U MLJ LV NV

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful halloween story. And proves that spirits have their place.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Love it! the comment about a pickaxe not being that expensive is perfect.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
Second read

I first encountered this story while searching for Halloween stories a year or so ago. I have no idea why I didn't favorite it then nor score it 5 stars at that point. (DUH)

This is a superior story; not just as a Halloween story. I cannot imagine why there is not an award winner icon next to it. (Perhaps it's because of the one split infinitive I found. Grin.)

You did a fine job of giving it that classic P.I.-noir feel ala Dashiell Hammett and Ray Chandler.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very entertaining - I am near 80 years and was raised on a Farm very near a Cemetery. I was at that Cemetery many times Day (and night time) during my time at the farm (20 years). I've mowed the grass there, My Grand Parents are interned there. There is not any Knowledge or Spirit in the grave. From my experience I can not believe in Ghost. The Occult only exist in a persons mind.

I found this story very entertaining and gave it a good grade. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would have let it continue its mission. After all, it’s doing good work.

ZK

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

I'm a terrible person. I laughed at the ending.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story to read during the Halloween season: very original! And the comments are quite enjoyable too; none of the usual LW divisiveness and name-calling.

As I have read a number of your well-written stories lately, I have discovered that there is something inventive but also very authentic about them. Your protagonists are real, flawed people to whom we can relate and feel sympathy. Thank you!

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I truly enjoyed that.

Well written, well plotted and well played out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So as to not disappoint - Howl, Whine, Yip.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Awesome story. I really liked the occult angle! 5 stars

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

Sci-fi-ish Lit stories are a bit of a mixed bag for me but I quite liked this one. Occultish but with grounded problems, an interesting way to take care of the offending parties, and a good ending. Must be something in the water of that town with all the cheating though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Doesn't he realize that what he did was a crime?

I mean, that wonderful infideligeist was performing a much needed public service! What right did he have to lock the poor thing up like that? There should be one in every town!

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

5stars. Nicely done. Kept me chuckling from the moment he found the earrings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't understand, why did he imprison it again? He should have just let it continue. It was doing the Lord's work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! That was a great story. Gave it a 5.

As far as the commenter saying he should have left it free to do “ the lords work”, I am pretty sure that all the publicity would have shut down the motel, and the bar. What would have been cool, is if we could get it to get rid of all the cheaters, and liars on capital hill. Starting with the senate. THAT would be the Lords work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Great story, and I loved the occult angle. I guess his “ ex wife, and her axe friend” will be rotting in hell! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 big stars, one of the best of your stories that I've read. I don't know how well this story did in the challenge, but knowing this site, I'd bet not as well as it should have. Seriously though I think it's a first place piece sadly though because of the number of woke snowflakes, manhaters, and immoral ideologues on this site I'm afraid it probably didn't do as well as it should have.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really clever story.

A lot of fun!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hell of a story .... thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To anony a year ago who finished his comment with: "What would have been cool, is if we could get it to get rid of all the cheaters, and liars on capital hill. Starting with the senate. THAT would be the Lords work!"

I couldn't think of a more worthy action, but I'm not willing to dabble in the occult to make it happen, lol.

If it did though, I wouldn't batt an eyelid.

Maybe it would even exonerate the poltergeist, after all, it would be doing something to purge evil from the realm of man.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Grim and quite good

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Well-written and a fun read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Unique and clever. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

A very unique story and very well written. No mistakes to throw off the reading rhythm.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very good story. What a name for the entity. You could do a whole series on people meeting it if you wanted. BardnotBard

bigurnbigurn2 months ago

At last... One of your stories wherein, the cheaters do not live happily ever after ... 4 Stars !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...