All Comments on 'One True Love'

by Erringfoil

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Helen didn't deserve what he did,

Why not? She cheated and was planning on leaving the cuck with as little money as possible

That the asshole she cheated with had plans to rob her as well seems of no import to the poor pining cuck

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was a good premise for a story, but the ending was disappointing. I hate endings where the husband is left pining for a whore.

On a technical note, you need to learn how to write dialogue. It needs to be in quotation marks with dialogue tags, not just dumped into paragraphs of narration. There are thousands of good examples on literotica, or you can just Google how to properly punctuate dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Punctuations

Please learn to use proper punctuation. It makes your story hard to read when you don't know which is a dialogue and which is the narration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice

Yet again another great story bit sad at the end but hey she decided and it bit her in the so called ass. But since I always have a soft spot in my dark heart I suppose he should of taken her back . But the other bit says served her right again cheating gets you no where only hurt and pain . So again well done keep up the great work and write more stories please.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
this is the difference

between reality and fantasy....fantasy reminds you of young love and high school. Reality won't let you forget the bills and kids that you left at mom's. That high school crush leads you to divorce court and counseling.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

That was painful. How difficult is it to use quotation marks?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What color is hazelnut?

Also, spellcheck only finds mis-spelled words, doesn't find wrong" words. Proofread again afterwards.

jasonnhjasonnhover 4 years ago

WHY would his heart be broken? Helen was a cheating, money grubbing, shallow person. He might be disappointed that the woman he loved turned out to be a fraud and unworthy but he is good to be clear of her with so little damage. Upset? Sure, but there are plenty of fish in the sea and plenty of good women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Don't give up your day job, Erring

Boring. Trite. Riddled with grammatical errors. In short, a waste of time.

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
I liked it

I agree with him why fight for what you already lost? She was using you and who knows how long until she would rob you blind.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Bebop3 has a very good point.

I would suggest you follow the basic rules or writing, or try writing in your native language. Perhaps there are languages which do not employ quotation marks.

You are not inventing a great new way of doing things. You are simply doing it wrong. If you want to go through the effort of writing a story and expect and hope others will read it, do them the courtesy of doing it right. It will improve your scores and popularity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No Quotation Marks?

Maybe the author has yet to read other work which contains conversations. The use of quotation marks to denote the start and end of spoken words is really simple to master.

Rob5373Rob5373over 4 years ago
Sad story with no winners

I felt it needed more at the end but generally a good story. To some of our readers, punctuation and grammar are big things. I know, I use quotations in my stories but inevitably some are never satisfied in my use of them, so don’t worry about it too much. I read the story for content not so much the spelling or punctuation errors. We all make those same errors even the authors that are quick to point out our failures make writing errors. Keep it up 3.5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Hey, I’ve got a delivery here... one jumbo box of quotation marks.

Sorry it’s late. Hope you didn’t do anything foolish instead of waiting for them to arrive.

Did you?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
This is on him

Anything after “I’m in love with my old boyfriend” is him paying stupid tax.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
Pretentiously Wordy

Could have more impact if rewritten.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Nice catch.

Stories like this make we want to stash microphones and cameras all around the house... Foolish girl. I always wonder what kind of "man" messes with a married woman and you painted him very well - not a man at all.

I'd love to know where all those lost gambling funds went!

And, yes, please learn to use quotes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Liked It

No RAAC thank goodness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He got what he married. Serves him right.

Helen tried to warn him, but he wouldn't listen. There's a price for ignoring reality. When he learned of her first true love he should have accepted her explanation, wished her well, and moved on to a woman who could dedicate herself to him honestly and completely. You never report how he dealt with her admission and warning.

And you keep harping on how great Helen LOOKED. What difference does it make if a monster looks like a fashion model, she will still murder your heart and eat the flesh of your adoration with nonchalance. Remember, Satan wears Prada.

Thanks for the effort. Not great, but just.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You had an editor?

Well they are not any good at all! The story had merit but the grammar didn't. Still I gave it a 4, it would have been 5 if you got an editor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Move on

She reaped what she sowed. Boo hoo she fucked up. Oh well, fucked is right and now she gets to enjoy her spoils.

I really feel bad for her........NOT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

FIRE your so called EDITOR! You really NEED A NEW ONE!

JLRemora2JLRemora2over 4 years ago

I think for any literature to be worth anything it has to evoke something within the reader, hot or cold, love it or hate it- it doesn't matter which, because people are too different with various likes and dislikes, to please everyone at once, the important thing is to elicit some emotion from the reader. It's much more difficult to do when writing outside of your native language. For me, the story barely grazed any one emotion. Yet, overall, the story is not a bad one, but it could definitely have been improved by better editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
her lover was a total sleez

but she wasn't a good person by any stretch. in truth, they were a good match for one another. i disagree that 'she didn't deserve what he did to her'. she did warn him though, to her credit, that she still loved her ex. in that regard the husband was a fool to still marry her. no one can serve two masters, as the saying goes. and in their case, she cannot love two men. that was HIS fault for not cutting her off then and there. she admitted that she couldn't fully commit.

but after that initial mistake, it was still all her fault. she should have declined the marriage proposal. she never dealt with her breakup. she never moved on, or grew up from that experience. and the fact that she appeared completely guilt free during her affair was all the proof he needed that it was a mistake to have married her. Even at the end, her bitterness had less to do with guilt for hurting him, and more to do with self loathing at failing to get away with it. we'll never know if she now feels guilt for how she treated him, because it will always be wrapped in her selfish past that was completely devoid of empathy towards him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's not just you.

In the English language you cannot connect two independent clauses (sentences) with the word "however."

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 4 years ago

You need to put dialog in quotes..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This was difficult to read. Dialogue was hard to separate from the rest. Not sure if you have an editor, but you might want to enlist the help of one.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

God one. Very well played by the wronged husband. He got away with everything but his cheating wife. Wife ended up with nothig, not even her worthless lover.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
He deserves all she does she told him loves another and he didn't leave right then

I like stories where man hears of another love and just leaves citing can't fight ghosts

He didn't listen and got what she told him

I would have preferred ending they took half of all or he finally grew some balls and filed for divorce for infidelity

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
He needs to wake up and look for a better woman

She deserves to be alone from then on.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

More like the cost of putting someone on a pedestal.

Bring them down to earth, warts and all, and then it might be easier to move on from what's essentially an infatuation.

Good story, though. He handled it well despite his handicap.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

If Literotica had a thumbs up for comments then @secretsal would get 👍👍👍👍👍 right now. Stop elevating these women and building them up to impossible standards in your mind. The fall from on up high will be devastating to YOU and not HER.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

“Hazelnut eyes” seriously, maybe they were actually “French Roast” or “Breakfast Blend”! ☕️☕️☕️

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

" " yes the are things called quotation marks""". You really need to use them, as they are very helpful.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - no matter how much you have improved your writing skills - you keep throwing in the gratuitous violence. Violence ALWAYS gets ZERO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hell yeah he got what he rightly deserved. Sadly too many times, there are those always looking for greener grass instead of grateful for what they have. Too bad she was stupid in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I recently commented that I have just found your stories and liked them. I also noted the grammar and punctuation, mentioned that it seems to be improving. Well, this is your latest and it is very possibly the worst, grammatically. You have not written since 2020, so, apparently, you decided that you didn't enjoy writing enough to simply get a good editor, or learn what you missed in English class.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Well at least he divorced her

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't understand why he warned her?... why he beat her true love after he beat her arse and stole from her? That's who she wanted.. that's who she chosed.... it's not his problem her "true love" was nothing but a woman abusing gold digger.... she chosed him over her husband of 5yrs.. she was cheating and lying to him so she can be with her lover... don't save her, she don't wanna be save.. she had a choice and each time she chosed wrong.. when her ex came back into her life she should've told him to go fuck himself.. a man/woman with morals is not going to insert themselves in someone's marriage.. a man that loves you wouldn't of turned you into a cheating, lying cum slut.. if her ex really wanted/loved her, he could've talked her in to divorcing her husband instead of cheating on him.. her ex didn't love her.. he was in love with her husbands money... that's it...I don't understand women sleeping with their ex... They're an ex for a reason.. I have one ex I'd take back... if I was single and he was single I'd take back.. he wasn't a lying cheating arsehole.. I broke up with him not for cheating though... but all of my other cheating lying POS ex can burn in hell... I wouldn't piss on them arseholes if they' were on fire.. the story was ok buy it lacked emotions.. I wished we heard what the slut was thinking? Why she did it? How do you go from being happily married and enjoying being your mates partner to suddenly jumping in the bed with someone? Has she cheated before? I ask because the MC said he couldn't detect deception, remorse or guilt in her face.. so it makes me wonder had she done this before? How long has she been banging her ex? It had to have been awhile in order for her ro no longer feel guilt or remorse.. she was able to come home to him, smile and be all lovey dovey after she got done spending the day in her lovers bed. She no longer felt guilty or remorseful .. that takes time..unless they've done it before and this was nothing new

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Good story, but it’s just the 3 P’s with different names and a few other changes.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Going good and then it just seemed to go flat.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sad and depressing. She got played. Faithless wife who got conned be her 'one true love'. Their marriage had to be shaky and rotten to the core for her to fall so easily and completely. She wasn't even all that remorseful until the envelope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous