All Comments on 'One Week in May'

by Rakiura10

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story had a great story line, but was drug out way to long and way to many character name to remember for only 7 pages in one character. In the wimpy husband is the person that actually started this whole mess by not confronting her about the views of the “book group” I’m guessing it was just an extreme feminist cult. In the end he was just an excepting cuckold, letting his wife travel around without knowing exactly where she was days at a time.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
Gripping

I couldn’t wait to see how it resolved. I was disappointed that the resolution was simply disposed of in an epilogue. It felt like an outline. I would have rather experienced the healing as well.

I enjoyed it very much up to that point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Far too convoluted and frankly unbelievable. Author really needs to learn about tenses.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Where's the dialogue? It's missing from so many potentially good scenes where this hack writer just 'splains to us what occurred. Amateur writers driven more by ego than skill killing off good story ideas as if they were clubbing baby seals.

PencarrowPencarrow9 months ago
A HARROWING TALE

It's been a while since I delved into a Rakiura10 story, and this one has all the angst and anger that his stories generate (and it's a pity he no longer posts stories here). This story kept my attention all the way through, and it reminded me of Saddletramp's stories (almost improbable plot but still compelling), or a Kezza67 story (a wife lured away from her husband and made to do things she's never done before). It also has some parallels with H Jekyll's recent story "Fantasy", but with a less overt sexual theme.

~

The wife in this story obviously has some mental issues (which is typical of Rakiura) which allow her to be easily influenced by evil people, and even though the husband eventually gets back with her it is only due to lots of time spent in a mental ward and lots of counseling.

~

At many points in the story I wanted the husband to ditch the mental bitch, but he knew she was coerced (even though she started willingly) so he forgave her. A tough act to do, and I don't think I could do it if it were me. The end result is that I gave it 5 stars for an excellent mystery plot, for getting my adrenaline peaking, and for making a reconciliation believable despite the huge odds. It wasn't the most satisfying story I've read, but it was interesting and I enjoyed (or perhaps "endured") it..

justbobkcjustbobkc9 months ago

5 stars

I found the story interesting. Thinking about it I don't think the MC and his wife are not well matched.

They both seemed to have submissive personalities. She fell prey to dominant ones - first the Book Club Queen and then becoming "addicted" to the Sadist dominant businessman. If her husband had become her "Master" early in this relationship she might not have been so vulnerable. He still resisted even playing that role in the epilogue. I'd say there was continued risk here.

RocketMan12RocketMan129 months ago

Waste of time to read. The author is really full of himself if he thinks he’s describing some kind of Corporate espionage. Boring

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

You’re kidding, right?!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This story is comprised of tiny vignettes randomly fired like bubbles from a machine. None of these kernels made a lot of sense, and most didn't tie well with the ones supposedly related to it. On the one hand, the story was vastly over-written, but on the other hand, nothing came together very well. The biggest problem is this was one long recollection, told in vague bursts that, as a reader, confused and bored me. The art of fiction is SHOWING, and this was one long, drawn-out, poorly TOLD story. Awful execution of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

a REAL husband would have immediately have done something very nasty to all three men.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Let the cheating bitch off herself. Life is to short to put up with that negativity!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You are a very, very, weak person. Please get psychological help, for your mental deficiency. You really need it!

Pappy7Pappy75 months ago

That was absolutely horrible. The only one in the whole thing who had any balls was the mother in law. His mother was a wanna be whore, his dad was a wimp who masqueraded as a philosopher or a DJ I'm not sure which. The hubby was an absolute gushing pussy. He said he wasn't a cuck but I don't think he knew what that word meant. There is no way that the wife is blameless in any of this. I guess if she was traumatized and stabbed her daughter to death that would be alright with the hubs cause , you know, sickness and health.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a CRAP comparison: it’s okay that she cheated on me, because I had more than one partner BEFORE we were married!

Bull shit! She cheated AFTER her vows! One and Done!

mfbridgesmfbridges2 months ago

I had a hard time with this one, not quite sure MC problem. To me he's just as before. He let her get away with too much and I don't mean male dom. I'm talking about as a partner. He should have questioned her integrity and honor long before he questioned anything. He just kind of sat back like a witness to a Greek tragedy.

Busman19639Busman196392 months ago

Bridget sure is one screwup woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was a super nonsensical reconciliation. From the jump he was making excuses for her. She was distancing from him for over a year then suddenly starts doing gangbangs and just never comes home again? Huh? Then fires him before the merger is even finished? Huh? In love with her abuser to the point she forgets about her daughter? Yikes! What a trainwreck.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous