Only in the Nicest of Homes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Slipping? With a straight A?!' Said Rebecca incredulously.

Miss Baker smiled, 'It's a joke, he's a great student, but I was expecting an A+,' said Miss Baker. 'Anyway, you get your lunch Becky.' Miss Baker added.

'Sure thing Miss Baker - and thanks.' She said as she opened the door and closed it after exiting, leaving Miss Baker and Veruschka alone.

Rebecca quickly turned and opened the door, peaking through quickly, 'Nice to meet you Veruschka!' Rebecca said with her usual smile, and with genuine caring in her voice.

* * *

Robert looked at his watch just before thinking to look at the clock on the wall and noted it was just coming up to 3 o'clock. That have him another hour roughly until class was over. He watched some of the track team make there way back. It'd been a long hard day for them as there was none of the usual waving and a few playful insults thrown the way of their friends and peers. Robert finished noting down the particulars of the author he wanted to check up on later and then drifted back to the lecture after the girl at the front asked a few questions that made Robert think she hadn't been paying that much attention to the lecture. Mind you he noted, it was Friday afternoon and their last lecture had been cancelled, so this was the first lecture in four weeks. There was something that bugged Robert about this particular writer and he asked his question about the writers more 'restrained' style. The lecturer gave a quick review of that era of the US and the rampant fear of communism and the witch hunts being conducted that ruined reputations, lives and careers. Having had his question answered Robert was happy. A great deal of food for thought there he mused. As the lecture was ending he turned to his friend Ben, a tall and slim young man next to him Robert whispered to him, 'I need to check on some further reading, I won't be long.' He added to reassure his friend.

Ben watched his friend get up as the class filed out. 'Mr Ford, would you be able to recommend any books around this era for my work?'

Mr Ford, a rather dusty looking man, a touch overweight, and with thinning sandy blonde hair looked up at Robert. 'What sort of books are you looking for Rob?' he asked as he placed his notes to one side and looked at young Robert.

'I was interested in a good contemporary or two for this author, and anything that gave a commentary on that era, you know - how was the author perceived by his peers, any disagreements he may have encountered.'

Mr Ford smiled, 'Well, the author was quite outspoken and did put a few noses out of joint...'

'So, I shouldn't find it too difficult to find much out about the guy.' I said. Mr Ford nodded his head.

'I have an appointment shortly, I've got your email address Rob, so I'll email you a few books you may want to check out.' Robert nodded his approval and thanked his tutor and left.

'Brown nosing for some extra credits?' Said Ben as Robert walked out.

'No, you cheeky SOB,' said Robert in mock offence, 'besides, look who's talking about brown nosing,' Robert smiled. Ben didn't give a joking startled or offended stare, he just pretended as if he could see his colour by rubbing his fingers on his nose tip and looked at his fingers.

'Yep, just checking - "I is black",' he said to Robert and burst out laughing.

'So...'

'Hey, Bobby, how long we known each other? Eight years?'

'Nine, I think,' answered Robert.

'In all that time I've never once thought of you as a racist - a bit of a dick at times, but never racist.' Said Ben. Robert laughed at his friends remark.

'I'm working at the garage tomorrow. Will your uncle be busy?'

'I don't think so, why?'

'I was hoping to finish up some stuff on my car,' you know.

'Well I do know my uncle said some parts for it have taken a bit longer to source, but it'll be ready in about a week.'

Robert smiled and patted his friend on the shoulder. 'So, you playing Saturday?'

'Yeah, I am. No party after, my Grandma is visiting from Jasper, so I wanna spend as much time with her as I can.'

'Hey that's cool. I can get some stuff sorted on this paper. We still on for the movie on Sunday?'

'Sure, I'm looking forward to it. I can't believe we've got just three more weeks and it's the summer recess.'

'I know,' Said Robert wistfully, 'it makes you wonder where the time goes doesn't it?'

'Sure does,' said Ben, as he hefted his bag to his shoulder. 'Wanna lift back later?'

'I'd love to, but I've got to pop around to your uncles breakers yard for a few things.'

'Well I can drop you off and hang around a bit - then take you home.' Ben said, planning it out. 'I know you've got a meal tonight, be good to get back in time for it,'

Robert looked at Ben, trading his expression. 'Man, that's been awesome, I promise I won't be long at your uncles - I swear.' Robert said as they walked off down the hallway.

Turning the corner they walked down the stairs to the cafetière and to grab some water and a sandwich.

* * *

Madeline picked up the paper from the desk in her office upstairs and was ambling down the stairs to the second floor. As she moved down the hallway, she noted that the door to Rebecca's room is ajar. She goes inside and looks around, she picks up and tidied up her clothing, and puts it on her daughters bed. She straightens the sheets, and feels something at the bottom corner of the bed. It feels like a hair brush or something for her hair, crimpers? Curling rods? as she pulls back the sheet, she gasps immediately. Throwing the cover back she feels the hot flush of embarrassment move across her face like a hot flame. She recognised the object, a vibrator, in fact one of her vibrators. From when they'd moved two years ago... which meant Rebecca had been using this potentially since she was... "Whoah! I'm not going there" she thought. She smiled a sly little smile and walked out, with more of a spring in her step. She's failed to notice that the PC was left on on her daughters desk, the text document on there would have really blown her mind.

* * *

To be continued...

12