All Comments on 'Only Yours'

by DKAspie

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

wonderful story.Nicely done. Not really a criticism but the last two chapters were a tad overdone with sappy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Classic. A variation of 'its a Wonderful Life's. How can two kids be so lucky with great parents and friends. Also without painful financial or material deprications. Secure jobs and beautiful healthy children (good luck!)

BlueBranBlueBranabout 1 month ago

Dude just drops a banger of a story, one of my favorites, then dips? Kind of sad we don’t get to enjoy more of his work. Best friends falling in love is my favorite genre. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The most beautiful story ive read here

2nd to none

it felt a bit 2 paced

in the beginning everything went slowly and sweetly

the latter part was a bit more rushed

but it just made the story even better

you didnt make us get bored of the story but also made us get lost in it

you have so much talent i suggest you rlly become an author

truly wonderful

thank you for this masterpiece

BabalooieBabalooie3 months ago

Qell done Five Big Ones

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

I truly loved this story, it has to be one of the best I have read l

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have no other words then this was amazing and I need a pt2 or I'm going to cry again

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Beautiful story......!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As well written as this story is, I believe you are a professional writer. Since you have stopped posting, please advise where we can see some of your other work. 5 of 5. Best Regards, Mike from SD

Sshine32Sshine327 months ago

Second time around for me and it still provokes the water works. I do hope you keep writing and posting more of your works. This story was relatable, realistic, and believable. There didn't seem to have any holes in the timeline or any moments where I had to backtrack to make sense of anything. A few grammatical errors as to be expected with piece as large as this. Well done. Please keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Don't want to be trite and just assume it was perfect.

The aching insecurities and painful angst in trying so hard to avoid destroying a 'perfect' friendship were so palpably described.

The enevitable tension from agape 'best friends' to eros (lovers) was excruciatingly written.

The complicated and surprising pregnancy along with the exclusive engagement followed by the wedding and housing arrangements and support of family and friends led one to believe "it was meant to be...".

A fairytale that was developed credulous.

Well done.

No wonder the author did not attempt to spoil his art.

vanyevanye8 months ago

Sweet story. Almost too perfect, though - no drama from teenage boyfriend/girlfriend issues, no mention of anyone thinking they'd been more than friends until the very end, etc. Thanks for the story.

DKAspieDKAspie10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Thats an interesting point, I decided to go with nurse because of the caring nature I wanted her to have, as well as that I knew i wanted there to be a good reason for her to be the one to go take care of her father and Thomas.

I didn't really consider that the crisis handling that nurses deals with constantly would train her to keep cool under pressure.

I hope it didn't bring you too much out of the story.

I was mostly thinking about making it a more symmetric relationship than some stories ive read, which required both Julia and Thomas to have weak and strong moments.

Thank you for reading my story and caring enough to write a comment.

I wish you all the best :-)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Absolutely Amazing

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just a fantastic story. I have read it multiple times now and it still brings me joy.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Such a beautiful & a pretty love story❤️

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐❕

Papaof12Papaof12about 1 year ago

You are a great story teller

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Always enjoy this, also tear up at certain parts, one of my favorite romance stories.

gopher25gopher25about 1 year ago

Cute story, but awfully verbose and monotonous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this and think this is a great first story. My tastes are ecleptic across all the categories, but the joy and love in this moved me. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’ve only read it twice but I have to olddave51. Great story write more at1

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

I have read this story 3 times and this old man loves it.

DKAspie if you are still alive please write more!

At least tell us where you are posting your writing!

If I could give you 100 stars I would!

ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

What an up and down emotional ride. Thank you. 5*

45ACPTo45ACPToover 1 year ago

Great, albeit a bit long. My advice & plea is simply—keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was adorable. I admit to wondering what was going to happen with 6 pages left and a denouement impending, but the time flew. Well written and plotted, even the forgotten pills were believability handled.

demontimetaedemontimetaeover 1 year ago

As someone with "toxic masculinity" I admit to having a Glory Tear moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful couldn’t put it down very well written perfect more please 🙏🙏🙏🙏

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What a beautiful love story. It was very well written. It’s too bad that you only published a single story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Mushy, Mushy, Mushy, Mushy, but a really nice story, the sex scenes were a little long and I think took away from the love story but still a good story, don't you wish all marriages could turn out as well. Partners, friends and lovers that's what all married couples should be. A man and a woman taking vows and spending their life together......................

MrLuvAllMrLuvAllover 1 year ago

This was the first story I had read here. Truly wonderful story. I just finished my 4th read. It is probably my favorite story on this site. It is no wonder you haven’t written anything else here. This would be difficult to top. Thank you for this.

Sshine32Sshine32over 1 year ago

Truly a great story. I laughed, cried, and felt the love that exuded into the words. You really should write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This one-story writer is especially weak with communication and character development

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story. Gave it 5 stars. For some reason, I was expecting Jack the Jerk to make an appearance= try to screw up the wedding or something. (Like @ Luke & Laura's- GH) Maybe because villains always return, unless safely dead- and even then... Lengthy story with few glaring errors. I'm surprised you've only submitted once. At last: a savory smell from Denmark. the Bard can rest...

Anon56

DocHollywoodDocHollywoodover 1 year ago

So beautiful and so well written. Worth the read and then some.

Xavier3737Xavier3737over 1 year ago

OMG!!!! This story was INCREDIBLE!!!! Loved it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BEST ROMANCE Story on literotica, has me tearing up at several points but always makes me smile.😂😭

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

A truly moving romance, well thought out and written. One of the most moving I've come across on this site. Would love to see more from you but it might be difficult to achieve the same standard.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961almost 2 years ago

Great story, cried like a baby. Loved it! Write me another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with AC in SC. This is DreamCloud tier. Well done. I gotta go find some tissues now. Something in my eye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yeah, time for another???

JusteenKJusteenKalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for such a lovely, sweet story. I hope you have it in you to write many more.

DKAspieDKAspiealmost 2 years agoAuthor

Dear AC in SC, that is truly a great compliment, and really brightened my mood. Dream cloud has made some of my absolute favorite stories on this site, so any comparison between my story and theirs is an honor. Thank you!

/DK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If your going publish one story , you did an incredible job of it! Your style reminds of Dream Cloud, I do mean that as a compliment.

He too has a way to make this grown man cry.

It's a beautiful story artfully told. I can only hope that someone out there that this their story.

AC in SC

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Terrific story, wish there were many more!

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but probably 2-3 pages too long, excess detail is your enemy along with parts of the story that serve little purpose to the plot line, that tends to make it heavy going for the reader.

Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A well written story with great character development. Thank you. Like others, I'm saddened that this is the author's only story.

That said, I was surprised and curious about some of the plot themes. Specifically, while I realize that this is the fantasy world of literoticia, I was surprised that Tom and Julia did not deal with pregnancy protection...especially given that Julia was a nurse. I was also surprised that the Tree House was allowed to deteriorate into such a safety hazard...even though it was about 20 years old. Finally, I wonder who was paying for all the medical bills? Given all the drama around Frank's illness and eventual death, did Tom have the foresight to purchase medical insurance after he quit his job?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story - extremely well done, carefully constructed.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Beautiful, Sweet, and Touching!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great first story. Sorry to see no more.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

The storyline is good. However, I agree it would be better if shortened in some places. It also feels as if told from a distance, somehow. I would start by shortening sentences, replacing most of the semicolons with full stops, and some commas too. For example that last paragraph, only one full stop there. If one would read it as it is punctuated, it would result in being short of breath.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

too,too long.

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 2 years ago

Only one story; was submitted back in 2015. But he added "The Neapolitan Question" from 2018 to his favorites list. So, please sir, may we have some more?

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 2 years ago

(2/10/2022) A very lovely story and an easy 5 stars. The earlier commenters below said it all for me. No need for me to be redundant. Thank you.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

I can only offer the same sentiments that were expressed throughout the positive comments.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an excellent romance story. Well done. Good character development and just enough thrills and drama to hold peoples attention

I do not understand why they hesitated to tell their parents about the new developments in their already well established long term relationship.

Throughout the entire story the author very clearly portrayed both families as loving caring parents who supported of their own child plus their best friend's child. Plus they both knew other people had seen and recognized it.

So the hesitancy of Tom and Julia to tell them of their new found romance is quite inconsistent with the rest of the story.

I hope there are more stories coming from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This a wonderful story. It surges with the love Julia and Tom havenforn each other. Well done.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What an amazing love story of two soulmates that is so perfect. The drama and the storyline just flowed so well it couldn't be told better. I sure hope this author continues to write more stories like this, if this story is an example of the authors talents, we the readers are truly in for a treat.

Well done, 5+++stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing simply amazing, I have read this story 3 times and everytime it makes me smile and cry.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

Really a shame you wrote such a fantastic story and haven't pursued your talent further. Simply a great story deserving of 5 stars. You couldn't have done better.

Bravo!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars

A beautiful well written story.

I would have loved to have read the scene where Tom tells Elizabeth that Frank had given him his blessing to marry Julia before he died.

Like other commenters I hope this first foray is not your last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One hit wonder it would seem, but what a hit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Never thought a story on here would illicit an emotional response, but this story was fantastic.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

The only thing that sucks about this story is, it's your only story. lol, you have got to start writing again, your talent has to get out. This story was amazing. I stood up and sat down, I screamed, I was mad, I was happy, you will never know if I cried. I was tired of all the emotions I felt from one story, but that is why we read. It seemed to capture my soul and I felt it the entire story. Thank you for this, I hope these reviews find you well.

hanibtorrhanibtorrover 2 years ago

First of all let me say I am a sucker for romantic stories. But there's something different about this one. There are no words stronger than I love you. The only ones that are close is only yours. It sends a chill up my spine. To have someone tell you that and mean it is a life changing experience. Great story, thank you for writing it.

ecto1d42ecto1d42over 2 years ago

The only way you could have topped it off any better was for them to have named the little boy on the way Frank after her dad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a truly great story! I only wish it wasn't your only story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Delightful story. A shame Jack entered the picture at all but then the story would have had to take a different route, without him and his cheating. Enjoyed the read. It's a pity this author is no longer active on this site. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story was perfect. That’s all.

BlueRocket126BlueRocket126almost 3 years ago

I disagree that this piece of perfection needs a sequel but everyone has their opinion. DKA left the story on a note that allows sone interpretation of what happens next but it is clear that they will live happilly ever after and perhaps the cycle will repeat although this time between siblings especially if the next baby is a boy.

DrkphreakxDrkphreakxalmost 3 years ago

I truly found myself swept into this story from the beginning. I found myself captivated by the very real relationships that you had built with two characters that have depth and soul to them. I was captivated and didn't stop reading until I finished it all. If this was truly your first attempt, I would say fantastic job. I look forward to seeing what else you produce going forward!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

MUST HAVE A SEQUAL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am writing this as I am reading the eulogy scene and I will tell you this It takes alot to make me cry I was in the USMC for 5 years and played Football in High school and College, but somehow you have crafted a story that is so heart touching you have spent the last 5 minutes crying at how bitter sweetly beautiful this story is thank you so much for sharing your talent

NavypilotNavypilotalmost 3 years ago

This is a great concept and portrays powerful emotions at critical times in your car actors lives. However the true value of a wonderful concept is lost in the poor use of English and at times verbose language used. A good editor would be able to cut the overall length by a third without devaluing what is in many respects a really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How 'bout some names for them babies?

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
A bit too long

It felt somewhat like trying to run in a swimming pool with water up to my waste

It took forever to get anywhere but otherwise a good read

jimmy_loganjimmy_loganabout 3 years ago

Really a grear story for a first time. Hope u continue with the same wondercul talent in ur next stories. Thank you for such a nice story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This would make a great movie!

ukdukeukdukeabout 3 years ago

This is not the first time I have read this story but this time I lost a whole afternoon doing so!

Just wonderful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wholesome

Got nothing to say but thank you very much for such a beautiful and romantic story that deserved more than five star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
thank you.

i came to fap. i read the story. i cried. i cried again. i felt happy. i faped.

and i felt happy and wholesome about the story again.

thank you.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Fantastic story.. . was off today And rear all 13 pages. Look forward to more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5*****

Great Story

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

I read this story in one go. In a bath. I’m here now. The water is cold. I’m in tears. This was one of the most romantic stories I’ve ever read. Please write this is as a book. I’ll buy it. I promise.

You drew out the story perfectly. Their love for each other was strong and amazing. So much more than a “I fell for my best friend” story. I love those stories. Now none that I read will ever measure up. You suck. But totally in a rad way.

G5902G5902over 3 years ago
Wonderful Story!

My third read and I still tear up! Thank You for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cool story bro

Cool story 😎

JimmyHuntJimmyHuntover 3 years ago

Well done. Great story

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
3rd read

Still pulls the heat strings as much as the first time. Bravo.....5

luv_romanceluv_romancealmost 4 years ago
Wish you write more...

This might be long but I love the wedding speeches,

Made me cry too.

Please write more stories - romance all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story!

Loved the story. Confused about the criticisms from others. Was well done and not too soppy considering it is in the romance category and not something else. Shame you haven't written more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I QUIT AFTER PAGE 5

Too

Verbose

and

Cheesy

for me.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Very Good Story

This is such a beautiful and interesting story, and the writing is so well done, it’s hard to believe it’s the author’s first effort. And to me that makes it even more outstanding. Way to go, DKAspie. But...how do you follow this? :-)

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 5 years ago
Suddenly, I am not so embarrassed to admit...................

I really enjoyed A Walk to Remember too. I've seen it about 3 times and I really liked the song, Only Hope in it.

I did enjoy this story but I thought the "Cat and Mouse" Love chase was a tad too long and drawn out. But that didn't stop me from giving this story one of my very rare 5 Star ratings. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My First comment ever

This story took me on a Journey from tears to True love. Really Love this story omg never cried so much in my life...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@anonymousinblue

If you think you can write something better than this (which you can't), then I suggest you try.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up...damn!

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
with friends like Sophia, who needs enemies?

She assults a guy in a hospital bed emotionally and physically, advises Julia not to divulge her love prolonging her longing, is present when unwelcome (which happens to be whenever present), and says stuff like this:

she finished off by telling him that if he did not help Julia feel better she was going to smack him the next time he came home.

And Thomas just takes it, which does wonders for his character. Her character made parts of the story grueling, then I just didn't finish. Her sarcasm and jokes are just a cover for being sadistic, abusive, and an untrustworthy friend. It overshadowed, or more frequently threatened to overshadow anything worthwhile in the story. I had my limit around page 9.

I don't think Julia's character is all that worthy of Thomas, and he deserves better. The immature, abusive things she did are not the only way to create tension in a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Perfect

The story was everything that I always love about romantic stories and I so enjoyed reading it I cannot put it down on my phone I could not stop reading it for one minute I’m so happy that I got to read this and I hope to read feature stories from this author

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDKAspie@DKAspie
It is very hard to describe yourself in a few words. Especially without falling back to booring statements that don't really matter that much or give a real insight in who you are.

SIMILAR Stories