Onwards and Upwards Ch. 04

Story Info
A change of career, and unexpected question to be answered.
2.8k words
4.77
2.5k
2

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A couple of months had passed since Liam and I attended the gay pride parade in Brighton. We had a great time, partying with other members of the LBGT community serving in the armed forces.

But we were both back to work now, Liam had been transferred to the new aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth.

I was now on deployment in Afghanistan, fly the right seat in a C-17 cargo plane.

We were on a return leg of a cargo run to Germany, and we just re-entered Afghan airspace.

In the left seat Capt. John Phillips had just gotten off the radio with the ATC (Air traffic controller), with clearance to enter the airspace.

Sat in the jump seat behind us Master Airman Laura Gough, the load master on our crew was sat.

"Lt (lieutenant), have you heard from your dashing sailor recently?" Laura asked me over the cockpit's intercom.

I replied, "They are on manoeuvres in the Gulf, he texted me yesterday."

"Those F-35's are a nice jet," Phillips interjected.

"I was due to rotate over to them next year, before I decided to switch to heavies," I added.

All of a sudden there was an alarm blaring.

"INCOMMING!" Phillips shouted.

I hit the button for the countermeasure flares, "Deploying countermeasures."

Phillips banked the plane hard left and dived the plane to clear the flares I had just fired off.

I looked at the radar screen, "One missile diverted, the second one has reacquired us."

Phillips banked the plane right, and started to climb.

BANG, we were hit.

Phillips let out a yelp, and released the controls, so I had to take over.

Several other alarms rang out within the cockpit, one of them was the decompression alarm.

I quickly donned my air mask, and surveyed the instruments. Laura, had put on her mask and was now helping the captain.

"Engine 2 is gone, engine 1 is running but on reduced power," I said, checking the engine panel.

I pulled the fuel cut off for engine 2 and fired off the fire extinguisher.

I keyed up the radio, "RFR flight 237 heavy, I'm declaring an emergency, we have been hit by a SAM, lost engine 2, engine 1 losing power."

"Roger RFT 237, I have radar contact, can you make Kabul over?", the ATC responded.

The planes controls were starting to feel heavy, and the planes response was sluggish.

"Standby, we are evaluating the situation, 237 heavy," I replied.

Laura had helped the Captain out of his seat, and was giving him first aid on the jump seat.

I asked her, "How is he?"

"Pretty banged up Lt," she replied, "He has taken a lot of shrapnel in the arm and leg."

"When you have finished patching him up, can you go and eyeball the wings from the back," I asked her.

She finished tying the bandage around the captain's leg, "Yes Ma'am."

Laura, left the cockpit, and I rescanned the instruments, we were maintaining a steady flight. But I notice the fuel level in the port wing tank was dropping. I switched on the cross feed to the belly and starboard tanks to try and save as much as possible.

I was shocked to see that the hydraulic system was bleeding out as well. I hit the valve cut offs to the primary system, and switched the backup.

"Kabul, flight 237 heavy, with you 80 miles, aircraft is stable, can proceed to Kabul for a straight in approach," I said to the ATC on the radio.

"Roger 237 heavy, you have clearance for a straight in approach at Kabul," he confirmed.

I keyed the radio again, "Please have medical assistance standing by, the captain has been hit in the arm and leg, and is bleeding badly."

The ATC responded, "Roger 237, EMS will be standing by upon arrival."

Laura returned to the cockpit.

"Port wing, and rear stabiliser pretty banged up Ma'am," she reported, "Engine 1 is smoking too."

I checked engine 1's status, it was not running clean, and was down 25% on power.

Laura returned to look after the captain, he was now in and out of consciousness.

For the next 20 minutes, I fought with the injured bird to Kabul. Engine 1 was starting to fail and was barely giving me 35% thrust.

I was relieved when the flaps and landing gear deployed, the green landing gear lights were the best sight I had seen since this disaster started.

"Kabul, flight 237 heavy, with you on final," I keyed into the radio.

The response was very welcomed, "237 cleared to land, good luck."

I had to land at a faster speed than normal, due to the lack of engine power on the port wing. The plane landed a little hard, and I had to use all the reverse thrust the remaining engines had to slow us down.

I pulled us off the runway, and shut the engines down and made the aircraft safe.

Laura ran off to open the side hatch, and let the medics in.

After the captain was stabilised and removed from the plane, Laura and I went out to inspect the damage.

The port wing was severely damaged, and engine 1 was barely hanging on, there was little left of engine 2.

The tail section was also badly beaten up.

"Nice flying Lt," Laura said hugging me.

Laura and I were both checked out in the hospital, before being discharged.

The captain would make a full recovery, and we were all rotated back home early.

I was shocked to have been awarded the Distinguished Service Order, and promoted to captain.

I would have to go to Buckingham Palace to receive the award from the Queen, my mum was very proud to say the least.

It was whilst on leave, I decided I have had enough of being shot at. I applied to a few airlines, and my DSO helped open some doors.

After a couple of interviews, I was offered a place on the British Airways pilot training program.

So, with a heavy heart, I put in my papers to end my military career. My parents were happy I was moving to a safer job.

I felt proud standing in the court yard of Buckingham Palace, the Queen was lovely as she gave me my medal.

Mum cried, but she was soon all smiles again as we had our picture taken.

We had a little party at home, and as I got ready for bed, a ping of sadness overcame me as I took my RAF uniform off for one of the last times.

I was on a 2-months noticed period, but I would see the first month off on leave, whilst my squadron remained on deployment.

I took the opportunity to fly to Gibraltar, as the HMS Queen Elizabeth was stopping off to give her crew some shore leave.

I practically leaped in to Liam's arms when he met me at the airport.

"God, I've missed you," I said showering him with kisses.

Liam handed me a bunch of flowers, that I managed to crush whilst I hugged him.

A couple of his ship mates were also here meeting their wives and girlfriends.

In the minibus, on the way to the hotel Liam asked me, "I guess I won't have to salute you much longer?"

"What?" Charlie one of Liam's mates asked.

Liam turned to him, "She is a Lt in the RAF."

I also turned and corrected him, "Actually I'm a Captain now, but who is counting."

Charlie asked, "You a pilot then?"

"Yes, I've just come back from Afghanistan," I told him.

Another sailor called Dave said, "Pretty rough out there."

"I'd say," Liam said, "She was shot down recently."

There was a collective gasp!

I corrected him, "We were hit by a missile, but I managed to land the plane, it was nothing."

Liam piped up, "Nothing, they gave her the DSO for it."

He then flipped his phone out and showed them the pictures of the plane I had sent him.

"Lady, you have a big pair of balls for sure," Charlie commented.

I thought to myself, if only you knew.

Liam let the comment slide.

The bus dropped us off at the hotel, and we all headed up to our rooms.

We were barely inside ours, when Liam was on me. I could feel his cock through his jeans.

"Someone is a little horny?" I teased him between kisses.

"More than a little babe," he replied, "I've had a semi since you said you were coming out to see me."

I rubbed his cock through his trousers, "I guess we should do something about it then."

I stepped back from him and unzipped the back of my dress, and let it fall to the floor, pooling around my feet.

In preparation of this, I was wearing extra sexy underwear, and the gasp on Liam's face was worth the effort.

He quickly stripped, as we climbed onto the bed, our tongues dancing with each other.

Liam unclasped my bra, and slip the straps of my shoulders, before tossing it over his shoulder.

His mouth was on my breasts, and I threw my head back in ecstasy as he took my nipples into his mouth.

"Fuck, that is good," escaped my lips as he moved to the other breast.

I reached down and started to stroke his hard cock, it felt great in my hand, but I wanted it in me.

I pushed Liam off of me, and jumped of the bed and ran to my bag. I fished out a small bottle of lube, and tossed it to Liam. I slipped out of my panties, before re-joining him on the bed.

"Lube me up lover," I asked him, laying on my back, lifting my legs, and presenting my arse to him.

Liam shoved two lubed fingers into me, whilst at the same time took my hard cock into his mouth.

I closed my eyes as the feelings overwhelmed me, "Sweet Jesus."

He soon had a third finger in me, and after a minute of finger fucking my hole, declared me ready.

He squirted a little lube on his cock head, and then lined up with my rosebud. Liam gently pushed into me, and my well-trained arse opened up to accept him.

We both let out a collective moan, as we reunited our bodies. His strokes were unhurried, as he started to make love to me. His mouth was back on mine, and the love I had for this man was reenforced with every stroke of his cock into my body.

As the passion grew, so did Liam's pace.

"Yes, fuck yeah," I whimpered.

Liam replied, "God, your so fucking sexy."

Soon we were moaning like lovers fucking, anyone in the neighbouring rooms would be under no illusion as to what we were up to.

I screamed, "THAT'S IT, GIVE IT TO ME, FUCK ME!"

Sweat beading on Liam's forehead as he pounded me, "Fuck I'm close."

"Me too," I replied.

Then a second later I shrieked, "I'M CUMMING!"

My cock erupted and fired jism over Liam and my own belly's.

Liam did not slow down his assault as his own orgasm neared. The fire in my own belly was still well alit, and I could feel a second orgasm growing.

I had tears in my eyes as my cock erupted again, "Yes, oh yes."

And with a grunt Liam came in my bowels.

He pulled out of me, and flopped down on the bed, he was completely spent. I cuddled up to him.

"Was it worth the wait," I whispered into his ear.

He wrapped his loving arm around me and replied, "Absolutely, I love you."

I kissed his cheek, "I love you too."

As we laid there in silence, I felt like the happiest girl alive. I smiled, when I heard Liam gently snoring. I eased myself out of his arms, and went off for a shower.

The next day, the captain of HMS Queen Elizabeth gave permission for his crew to bring their partners onboard for a tour.

Liam looked dashing as ever in his uniform, as he escorted me onboard.

She was certainly a big ship, and he showed me his station. I smiled when I saw a picture of us from the Brighton pride festival pinned to the wall.

Just as we were about to move on, an officer with Lt stripes entered the room.

He noticed Liam and I, "Ah Ensign Lucas, I'm assuming this is the lovely young lady you keep talking about?"

"Yes Sir," Liam said stiffening up, "May I present Captain Samantha Knolls DSO."

The Lt saluted me, "Welcome aboard Captain."

I felt weird saluting back in my frock, so after I just smiled and extended my hand.

He took it and said, "We've all heard about your recent exploits, are you sure you are not a navy pilot?"

I felt embarrassed, "I was only doing my job."

"You are too modest, anyway, let me not hold up your tour any longer," he replied, "Captain, it was a pleasure meeting you, carry on Lucas."

"Likewise," I said as we left the cabin.

On the flight deck, a pilot was talking me through the F-22's systems. At first, he was treating me like the rest of the girlfriends present, and being a little patronising. But when it was clear that I knew what I was talking about, he seemed to get into the conversation.

"So, I'm assuming you fly?" he asked me.

I nodded, "I recently transferred from Tornados to C-17's."

"So, you are in the RAF then?" he enquired.

"Yes, but I've recently put my papers in," I told him, "I'm joining BA in a few weeks."

The rest of the conversation was about the technical specs of this wonderful aircraft. I had a ping of regret that I will never fly one.

As we were about to leave, a young girl wearing an Ensign's uniform approached us.

She saluted me and said, "Ma'am, Captain Feasey would like to extend an invitation for you to visit the bridge."

"Wow, I've never been up there," Liam commented.

I smiled at the ensign and returned her salute, "I would be honoured."

She led us through the ship to the command bridge.

Captain Ian Feasey, was off to one side chatting to a commander, as the ensign took us up to him.

He turned to us, and the ensign said, "Sir, presenting Captain Samantha Knolls DSO."

The captain and I shared a salute, and he extended his hand, "I'm Ian, it is a pleasure to have you on board Samantha."

"It's just Sam," I replied, "You have an impressive vessel, she is a beauty."

"She is indeed, we are all proud of her," Ian replied.

He then took us on a tour of the bridge, the ship was certainly state of the art.

After our visit, Liam and I headed to a local restaurant for some lunch.

"Get you," Liam said, "You are the new poster girl for the RAF."

"Hardly," I replied, "The whole thing is embarrassing."

Liam shook his head, "Tosh, you deserve all the accolades you are getting."

That afternoon, Liam took me for a tour of the old fort, the monkeys look scary.

We returned to the room, and got dressed for our evening meal. Liam wore a suit with a tie, I wore a white satin string strappy dress, that showed off my breasts nicely.

At the restaurant, we met Dave with his wife Jane, and Charlie and his girlfriend Louise.

We had a lovely meal, and the atmosphere was jovial. After dessert, Liam went off and spoke to a waiter about something, but I was too busy chatting to Louise to really notice.

Liam returned to the table, and picked up his wine glass, and clinked it with a knife.

"My friends, I am so happy that you are all here this evening to share this wonderful time." he said.

We all looked up at him, as he continued, "Sam, you have brought me a joy and a love I never thought I would find."

I looked at him, a little confused.

"I have never been happier since I met you, and being back with you for this briefest of times, has made this decision easy for me," he knelt down on one knee, and pulled a little black box out of his pocket.

He opened the box revealing a diamond ring, he looked me in the eyes, "Samantha Knolls, will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

"Fuck," Jane gasped.

I was in utter shock, speechless, as I sat their mouth a gasped.

There was an air of silence, whilst the others awaited my response. My brain was short circuiting, my thoughts jumbled.

Finally, I managed to regain my composure, and simply said "Yes."

Comments always welcome.