Opening Portals

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, you saved Debra and me from embarrassment didn't you? You are an astonishing thinker. But you did embarrass me -- you practically told mom you and I would be fucking tonight. I can't believe you would upset her like that."

"Don't you see, I threw her into a spin, attempting to convinced her it was she who raised the subject. It appeared to have worked -- I opened the portal for you to move into freedom, and emphasized that again just when we were leaving. Falter and you'll be back under her thumb. Walk through the portal and you'll have your freedom as a young adult and she'll know it. Very little else will change -- you'll still be mother and daughter and she will still be free to express an opinion but not to boss you around. The only change will be is two people acknowledging both are responsible adults. Period."

"Well do you mind if I think about that?"

"No, take you time but remember what I said about the portal. Tomorrow evening when you tell you mother you are going on another date with me the portal will be there in front of you. The only action that will count will be yours."

They walked down to the small gray Ford. Farrah snorted, "I can't ride in this thing."

"Well, it was my decision to buy a nondescript car and to keep a low profile. Incidents just seem to happen around me. That's why I haven't gone back to that city for the civic honoring they wish to give me. I've been following it on TV and in the newspapers. The bank wants to give me $30,000 for indirectly recovering the stolen money. I'll go back to receive that soon, asking the police lieutenant I worked with to arrange a secrete meeting. I'll hand him a check for $3000 to the Police Welfare Fund. That's what I mean about keeping a low profile. Who wants fame when it can be a pain in the ass?"

"All that is fine but I'm not getting into that car. Call a cab."

"Well, in that case this is the end of the line for us Farrah. Goodbye. Walk safely back into the house. We've both wasted our time but it's been fun for both of us I guess."

Gus sat in a bar looking sullen. This was not like him. He wasn't having much luck with women. He thought of Billie the cute physiotherapist he'd banged over three nights after she'd given him a free appraisal of his hip. But she'd been happy with her fiancé before Gus had come along. Leave them be, to do otherwise would be villainous. He switched his phone off in case Farrah called. He didn't want to speak to her again, ever. She'd appeared to measure up but when the crunch came, she didn't. Gus was halfway through another bottle of beer when it all clicked into place. If she wasn't married or spoken for, that cop was the one.

Chapter 3

Gus watched the blonde policewoman, now changed into civilian clothes and showing an athletic ass in jeans -- not all women showed a good ass in jeans. Gus followed her along the street and smiled when he saw her call in for coffee.

She sat looking out the window, in a dream. Gus purchased coffee and approached her table.

"Officer, may I join you?"

The cop turned carefully to look at him.

"Ohmigod, it's our hero. Of course you may join me."

The first thing Gus asked was crucial. "Are you with a guy?"

Looking puzzled she said yes.

"I mean sleeping with him?"

"Yes, but not all night if that's what this is about. What is this about?"

"My first and only look at you was on the edge of town, re-directing traffic on hostage day. You looked very sexy. Your sister was in danger, you'd been crying, obviously in distress, but you'd been ordered to stop traffic entering the area so you did your duty, steadfastly. I looked at you, blonde hair spilling from under your cap, your eyes red and your cute rounded chin stuck out determinedly, and you were not going to take no shit from me. My mind captured that heroic image.

"Heroic, me?"

"Sort of. Most other sisters would have collapsed in tears or gone racing up yelling to the cops and the Swats to do something."

"I had my orders and was expected to act professionally. I did want to go down there...but...well Mr Mitchell, you'll know how it is. A heroic image you say; that sounds a little sexy?"

"Yeah, I've fallen for you."

"So that's why you asked was there someone else?"

"Yeah, tell him or walk or if you wish I have him disappear, quietly."

"Mr Mitchell, enough of that talk. Bruce has rights too."

"Bruce? Are you aware that's one of the top names for homosexuals?"

"No, I wasn't aware of that. Actually, now you mention it Bruce is ...oh God, what am I saying. Change the subject Mr Mitchell, now!"

"What's your name blondie? The newspaper identified you as Officer Cody."

"Blondie."

Gus caught the slight grin. Ah, a bit of a tease. Give it to me baby."

"I'm only giving you my name; it's Geneva -- I hated Genevieve."

"I agree, Genevieve is fluffy, rather too cute. Geneva Cody, how sexy."

"Would you please stop using that word sexy. It's making my mind become disorderly."

"Atta girl Geneva."

Geneva blushed and Gus grinned toothily, deepening her blush.

"God you are wicked."

"Geneva, all you have to do is to tell him you've met someone else and then step back and allow him to make his own decision. Believe me, a guy called Bruce will wipe away a tear and say to you it was great while it lasted, that it wasn't the sex, he also loved you for your femininity. He'll then walk, quietly, turning to say his final goodbye."

"Bullshit, he'll become enraged and probably try to knife me."

A guy called Bruce? I don't think so Geneva. God, that name has reached my testicles."

"Mr Mitchell!"

"Gus is okay. Use it."

"Gus, you can't talk to me like this, to any woman in fact. It's just not done."

"Well, I've just done it." Gus stood after scrawling his phone number and handed it to Geneva. "Give me a call when you've given Bruce his bad news."

"I-I have no intention..."

"You have coffee on your chin," Gus teased, and left, grinning.

Geneva called just before 9:00 and sounded bewildered.

"Bruce walked, just as you said he would. He did wipe away a couple of tears and he did compliment me for my..."

"Femininity?"

"Yes, that exact word. How could you know he'd react like that?"

"Oh, just masculine intuition. You ought to try it sometime."

Geneva laughed, a little shyly Gus though. Very strange for a frontline police officer.

"Is it true you've never met him and nor did you rehearse him what to say otherwise you'd remove his head?"

Gus laughed and said that was true. He'd never met Bruce or spoken to him.

"But you'd observed him. You spied on us?"

Gus pulled away his phone and stared at it, a little startled before resuming the conversation.

"Well, ah, what can I say without lying to you?"

"It's this thing with you military guys, isn't it. Try to get into the mind of the enemy before engaging him?"

"City cops aren't supposed to know such things."

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah."

"I'm coming over to take you out to dinner."

"I've had dinner and anyway you don't know where I live."

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh Christ, you know everything about me as well, don't you?"

"Not the innermost things, the girly things. I want to find out about those things the good way, as you slowly reveal them to me."

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah."

"You are such a tease. You were a marine. You won't be romantic."

"Oh yeah? I've learned some things and you're stroppy enough to ensure I'll measure up."

"So your plans for me go deeper than performing with me in bed?"

"That's perceptive. I want you to resign and come to work with me. I'll attempt to buy the main security firm in this city or will set up in opposition to them. I'll direct operations and you'll direct administration but will assist me with training and supervision. But we can talk about set-up and policy job-sharing."

"Me resign from my police work?"

"Everyone needs a change. We can talk about finances and you'll have the opportunity to become equal partner. We can talk about that."

"We certainly do have a lot to talk about. When?"

Gus sighed, "We can talk about that while you watch me eat. I'm on my way."

"You know my degree is in business administration don't you?"

"What make you think that?"

"Gus, stop being evasive. You've been through my home, haven't you?"

"Well Bruce lives with his mommy so I searched your house to find out about the presents he's given you, etcetera and any letters or poems he's given you. You have a stunning panty drawer for a cop."

Gus took her hand and as he expected, it wasn't pulled away. "I see us making a fine team Geneva. We have so much in common. What I'm doing is opening a portal for both of us."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

THE END