All Comments on 'Operation Recover Mr. D'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob2406over 2 years ago

Lovely story. Thank you very much.

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Terrific story! Not only was it a joy to read but it also had just the right amount of dialog and narration. And the sex is well-written...it doesn't obscure the storyline or the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Class, pure class my friend.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read, from a personal viewpoint your description of growing apart leading to an amicable parting of ways is so true. Love how the posse came together to get him back on the right track, each contributing their individual skills. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've had a bit of a rough patch in the last year and a half...a realization that two people who love each other can be divergent to a point where a fracture (graceful or not) is imminent. I'm not likely to have 3 lovely and intelligent young women streak through my life like delightful comets, but I CAN learn to appreciate and improve myself while preparing for a different future than I anticipated some 22 years ago. This one hit close to home, but in an upbeat way. It was a rather pleasant surprise.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

A very enjoyable story, but the ending felt a bit anticlimactic.

I thought for a moment that the daughters would try to get him back together with Beth, so it was a surprise when she never even made an appearance.

The epilogue felt a little rushed, as his makeover and the redecorated apartment were kind of glossed over. It would've been nice to hear more details about the budding romance with Priya and if he ended up happy with her. I guess that with 90% of the story being amazing, and the final 10% just average, it felt like a letdown.

jazzharpjazzharpover 2 years ago

Did it really have to be this long? Haven't had the time to read it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a fantastic story, with perfect timing for ME.

My wife of many decades will be moving out today, and it hit me in the heart. I just wish my own daughter would be as understanding.

Blueman5410Blueman5410over 2 years ago

A superb story/plotline and a wonderful set of characters-and of course the sex and "lovemaking" that went with it. As someone who has gone through the "growing apart" pain and divorce, it rang true in so many parts. However, I doubt if ANYONE would be as lucky as "Mr. D"...

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
I was calmly hoping for a long term hook-up (wedding?) with Tara, or?

But, it is your story and your decision. I can go quietly with my dreams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars isn't even close!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Feels a bit unfulfilled. I guess that’s a good representation of life though.

jazzharpjazzharpover 2 years ago

Interesting, well written and erotic. Due to a rainy day, I had the time to read your story. My first comment days ago was "Did it really have to be this long?" Now I can say yes it did, in fact, it probably should be longer still. (No contact with Beth for one thing.)

Your story requires a serious suspension of disbelief. And it's such a huge male fantasy! Three, count them three, come on dude! But it was a great read for all of that!

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.

What's next? Three stories thus far, and each very different from each other. Good work! More, I hope.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Well done. Thoroughly enjoyed its unique plot. The characters were believable and well developed. Please keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story! Delightfully sad and goofy and sweet.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Really well written story.

raraewriterraraewriterover 2 years ago

Tender and vulnerable. Great read. Inspirational. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very stimulating, bit it left me kind of empty, not knowing what his future would look like. And his ex wife's. He's on great terms with his daughters, his ex wife apparently asks about him frequently, but the story makes it seem there was once a gap there is now a wall between him and his ex wife, a woman he claims to admire and respect very much. Admiration and respect are pretty good signs of a very possible friendship. It would be satisfying to know if they every recovered that much affection for each other. Why not?

Anyway, thanks for the effort.

midmomimmimidmomimmiover 2 years ago

Great story, well written with only a minor amount of punctuation errors. I loved the premise and it flows nicely. Keep up the good work!!

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Wonderful story.

This must have much effort thought and time to write

You made one statement near then when Mr D was asked if he liked himself, Then Tara asked if his friends liked him. That was a blow to the gut like it was meant to be. My life has been pretty friendless so asking the question do they like me? The few that I have are friends because they do like me. Do I like myself? I am kinda neutral on that with a shading to "NO" I spent too much time in my life keeping people at arms length. Part of that was the nature of my job where I had to judge the work people did. Friendship not included. Normally a person who has a job sits in a cluster of people who do the same kind of work and bonds are formed there. I sat tight in the middle of the headquarters of the units I was evaluating by myself. made it tough for me -

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with several of the posters. The ending left me a bit flat and empty. I don't know if the author was leaving room for a sequel? After investing in their lives, I would like to see how they get on.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

What a intricately fantastic story.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Fantasy of some 40+ men. Not sure I believe daughter would have 3 friends that would do the sex part. I guess that's what makes it a fantasy. Your IN THE BANK story was much better even though you did put a lot of work into each girl’s personality development. I would have lied to see a little more development on the back end. I also would have liked to see what really made his wife tick/be so affable in the divorce situation. She sounds like a border collie that had nothing to heard when the kid got older.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

One of your better stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kept my interest and the question of whether Mrs D would some how be reunited with Mr D. It was a little strange to be reading about a man who knew his bed partner when she was in grade school but what the hell? Even old farts can fantasize about the little girl who grew up to be the beautiful young woman he cared for once upon a time.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 2 years ago

Great story!

I had to suspend reality, it's a fantasy, a story, a fabrication, quite often, but it was fun.,

You included good advice, thank you.

Shucks, you didn't include three on one.

Nice ending. I expected it to be rushed, it wasn't.

Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved the story. I hope you won't be offended if I offer some corrections that would bring the document closer to perfection:

"... and the indulgent looks I got from both he and the maitre’d" (from... him)

"... pulled me off my elbows until I was laying on her." (Laying eggs? Should be "lying."

“… and end up alone in your condo babbling to whoever randomly crosses your path.” ("whomever"if you want to be correct)

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

Great story, did mom get the same kind of treatment though? Would be an interesting comparative in sexual perspectives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heart warming!

I'd give 6 star if I could!

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 2 years ago

Great story. However, there was no mention of the phone calls to his EX and the result. All the girls wanted to meet with him again but it seemed forgotten and not mentioned later. Especially Tee who likely benefited most from the sexual experiance. Also, he may have recovered, but more on how that affected his life/actions is needed. Lasrly I actually feel the girls themselves may have benefited more than Mr D.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice but sort of felt incomplete at the end

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with previous anon, the end was too sudden. Incomplete. I really felt like this story should have ended with the possibility of reconciliation, or at least hinting in that direction. Well written though.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

Awesome and the reflection on his failed marriage rings true as I watch my own in the final death spiral it has become. Without working on it, it will die on its own. At least he recognized his failings and his wife felt the same way. Commenters just under me thought the ending was rushed or that reconciliation was a good ending. Nowhere in this story did they attempt a dialog reflecting the reality that the marriage failed with the blame evenly divided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

. . . and then he woke up. When can we expect the sequel about Operation Recover the ex-Mrs. D.?

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

An exciting journey! I do wish that it had followed the path of reconciliation with Beth.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

He never stood a chance!

5

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 1 year ago

Aww! I agree with rbloch66. I was hoping for a reconciliation with Ms. D. Drat. Wonderful story otherwise. Give this old guy hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good to see an actual divorce without any infidelity. Amazing. A reconciliation might have been nice.

joeoggijoeoggiover 1 year ago

Excellent. Great situations. Great characters. And yrs I too was hoping for a reconciliation. But sometimes that’s life.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

These kinds of stories always come across as desperate rather than romantic. Why is it always 40 something men with teenagers or barely 20 year old women that have maturity and wisdom that far exceeds their age and life experience. All I can see in my mind is some middle aged man trying to jerk off his semi erect dick. Lol

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Unbelievably stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Touched my heart 6 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 thoughts

1) This is an exceptional writer with an exceptional story of caring love that should warm anyone's heart. I understand the sentient to call this a 6+.

2) After 50+ years as a counselor, including pre-marital and marital counseling, I have become more convinced that ever that the best marriage is one man/one woman forever. I have seen it work so well s many times.

THC

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The way you were leading things, I thought for sure we would meet the ex. But that would have been a whole chapter unto itself.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There was so much talk of reconciliation that I expected it to happen.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story by a brilliant author. BardnotBard

goodwabgoodwab3 months ago

Five stars, as always. Was ending rushed? Yup. Still, 5 stars. I don't think reconciliation is in the cards, but I found myself thirsting for an analogous story, "Operation Rescuing Mrs. D." If RhettheBrat can't do it, perhaps another of Lit's best authors could. Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story, although it seemed like parts were missing including a discussion with Beth and the next phase of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Despite his protestations, I was expecting at least overtures toward a reconciliation. The girls had changed him, opened him to what went wrong. So that was disappointing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous