All Comments on 'Oppisites Detract'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I like this new direction

5 stars.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Well. Maybe. Kinda. Uhhh.

That kind of describes what I took from this tale.

Very meh....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope. That didn't work for me.

She was a user and he was an enabler. When the gravy train pulled out, she chose Tony. She should have been left to suffer the consequences of her own choices. And given her rotten attitude, she deserved to be divorced. The worst part of this story was that it was told without emotion. It felt like I was reading a grocery list.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Finally, a story exclusively for the enjoyment of cucks in Loving Wives! Now to wait 30 seconds for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oppisites vs Opposites

It's never a good sign when the "writer" can't spell the title correctly -- and this lived up to the, uh, expectations.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Skippy fan

Good for what it was, but please go back to the BTBs. I think that it is ridiculous to pay for your wife to have a lover, for any reason. At least you had Tony taken care of in the end. Don't like him taking Sybil back. That is a little too.much to swallow.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Should Have Been In Power Corrupts Contest

First, two pages I was thinking the Skippy of the original few works was back. Well put together thoughtful story. The last page you kind of got away from that. Not because of the reconciliation, just the quality of the writing.

What I liked and didn't like about the story:

What I liked:

1. If things were reversed and this was a wife who couldn't sexually please her husband, but was generous enough to allow her husband to get a lover to satisfy that need the story would have gotten very high scores and hardly any negative feedback. While that scenario works much better for me, but to me it's like the gay thing. I don't get why a dude would want another man's junk instead of pussy, but I know people are like that and so I've been for gay rights since I was a kid. So I know as a man if my wife for health reasons couldn't pleasure me and I was rather young, I would think it's not realistic that I would go for the rest of my life without having real sexual pleasure. Dale not getting any sexual satisfaction himself there couldn't have been much passion in his trying to satisfy his wife. I cannot imagine him that interested in satisfying her after a few months, and must have been just going through the motions. Thus it would be hypocritical that the wife should have to put up with it for the rest of her life. In real life I don't know how I would react. I'm 9 years older than my wife, so maybe one day I would have to deal with this issue lol.

2. First, you were able to show the connection between the couple well in a short period of time, and then later you didn't make it simple on Sybil. It's a real human dilemma that if you get involved with someone sexually and build some kind of relationship (especially for a woman) she is going to be conflicted when it comes time to end things. Even more when it's suddenly and abruptly demanded of her. Especially with her background she was more susceptible to get emotional with Tony. She couldn't maintain her initial job because she got too emotionally involved with the abused children. Psychologists and social workers that I have known who stay in their careers are those who are able to emotionally detach themselves from their subjects. They have a very even keeled personalities. Sybil obviously wasn't one of those people.

What I didn't like:

1. I got uncomfortable when the story went into the cuckold fantasy mold. I don't mean him suggesting the lover or her taking on the lover. I mean when you got into her bestowing the lover with Dale's money, etc. I cringed during that part. But I guess guys into the cuckold stories liked that part. But I think that did a disservice to an otherwise good story, because LW stories have the camps and you distorted the camps with those one or two paragraphs so it would emotionally hit your audience and distorted your thesis of the story. I think your story would have been stronger without that aspect. I'm able to distance myself from that, but there are too many LW readers that barely function in first gear and aren't able to do that. But then I guess it matters what audience ultimately you are writing for.

2. The last page didn't have the same quality of writing as the first couple. And since it's the last thing you remember it takes away from the story.

3. For me the story would have turned out better if Sybil ended up choosing him ultimately. If he found a way to extricate himself from Sybil and let her just have Tony, and see if she came to him in the end, and ultimately chose him. It wasn't a normal cheating situation, he put her there. She got involved with the other man. I know I would need to know if Tony was still available to her she would choose me, and I wouldn't be merely the default choice.

I skip cuckold stories, but when I first started reading the LW genre I read Xleglover stories with Mike and Jen (I believe that was the name of the characters). While I thought they both needed major therapy, in one way they had the most amazing relationship. Mike was portrayed as this nerd, with a small penis, completely unable to sexually satisfy his movie gorgeous and amazingly sexy wife. He had cuckold fantasies where not only he wanted Jen to fuck other men, but wanted her to fall in love with them. And she had a psychological predisposition to cheating because of her philandering father as an example. Like I said they both needed major therapy. But the part that I thought was amazing, no matter what relationship she got involved in (a billionaire, a famous musician, another brought out her submissive side, all very handsome men especially well endowed and in many ways better than Mike) and fell in love with, every single time she would choose Mike in the end hands down. Wouldn't you want to know that no matter who your wife was tempted by she would choose you in the end every single time?

In this story I think the husband didn't give Sybil enough of a chance to choose. She was still in the bargaining stage to try to keep them both. He should have given her the chance to realize she had to choose one, and then see who she would ultimately choose. If I was the husband I could only possibly see reconciliation if she ultimately chose me and I was not the default choice.

timrivtimrivover 4 years ago

Time frame is not clear, how many years psssed over the length of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too much Skippy (Chunky)

Plugs up your digestive system and leads to becoming nuts

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Showing a little range

Most of the better writers seem to straddle the fence between redemption and vengeance. Some people are irredeemable and warrant retribution. Others are essentially decent people who manage to step in their own shit, but with atonement, deserve a second chance.

I'm happy to see you vary your story concepts. After a while, predictability, even when well done, can become repetitious.

Thanks for the story. it was definitely different, and still entertaining.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Excellent to see an adult-minded ending!

Wonderful ending! Not BTB, not totally RAAC, but forgiveness, maturity, understanding, and love worked at the end.

Her not letting the gigolo go was confusing as hell, but as the author, that's your call. Any anonymous troll complaints can write their own stories but probably don't have the talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
what a cuck

I wouldnt have even given her the second chance of the meeting with Tony

I wouldnt have warned her about the STD either - I'd have increased her life insurance payout and ensured her death

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
First...

...a visit to cucky town, then some sweet btb, and we end with a dose of raac! What a rollercoaster ride... 1 star for the beginning, 5 stars for the middle, 1 star for the ending, gives us an average of 2.3 stars. I'll bump it up to 3 stars because the writing itself is good. Thanx!

Loklie

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Very Meh

Too much narration, and no explanation for how she goes from not wanting a lover to refusing to give him up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Weak, like the husband.

Repulsive, like the wife.

Let's get something straight. Sex is what you have with a prostitute. Get naked, get fucked, pay the money, get gone.

This story was about him enabling his wife to start a lust filled romance. You get sex from a cock, any cock. For her to pick out a special person to be her regular lover is too obvious and stupid to discuss. He deserved her emotionally abandoning him, especially since he intellectually abandoned their marriage.

The reconciliation was a total cartoon. Ridiculous.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 4 years ago
No different

So disappointed

The Husband is no different than the other weak ones on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not your best....

It was far from your best work but OK I guess. Your BTB stories are much better. I am sure some will like it but for me a 3. Thanks for the story and please keep writing.

"Buckeye Fan"

IntuitiveJIntuitiveJover 4 years ago
Good story

I liked the story including your reconciliation. It was partly his fault as he encouraged her to cuckold him and especially his fault for not stopping it the minute it wasn't right for him. So they both made mistakes. This being said, it was a logical conclusion to give their marriage another try.

Thanks for having the courage to write outside your box. A writer shouldn't limit themselves to one style (for many reasons). I know your scores will take a hit especially given your base followers. Maybe you should give a little hint that this is outside your typical storyline?

Good work. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
it could have

been a good story; you kind of rushed through it close to the end, especially the meeting between husband and wife after many years; she never did come clean about her calling him a liar and that Tony had been lying to her; that should've happened; so, the story is not complete in the real sense given the way how it ends; also, I don't like BTB; thank you for a normal ending.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@IntuitiveJ

He DID try to get her to stop, maybe not as soon as he should have, but their WRITTEN agreement was that if EITHER of them became uncomfortable with the arrangement they would stop, He did, she wouldn't.

Misguided or not (it was!), he started the arrangement for er benefit, with clearly defined exit terms, which she refused to honor. That puts her at fault in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Truth in Advertising

Hard to bother investing the time in a story with a misspelling in its two word title

Made me wonder whether the second word was the intended play on words or a second mistake

Alas, even that was inconsistent

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Simply a story about three dumb morons...

Noting else to say...

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Don't worry

Not everything has to be BTB. And it is not like it was RAAC. It ended...well,, believably. So, keep on writing.

regards,

C

LuciousLadyMaryLuciousLadyMaryover 4 years ago
Not a big leap

for a husband to ask his wife to do that over a medical condition.

Mine did and it's worked out very well for both of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

OPPOSITES DETRACT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A former coworkers neighbor had a very bad illness which stopped him from having hardons. After a while he felt really bad about his wife’s satisfaction and turned a blind eye to her cheating. She didn’t know he knew . He took her away for a long weekend and on their last night told her he knew and let it go because he felt bad that he wasn’t man enough to satisfy her. He told her I know your not a slut and you never let it interfere in their marriage and never made him feel like she needed to do it but it’s a huge source of his therapy sessions. She cried and cried . His big fear is her starting to feel contempt for him and falling in love with this guy but also knew she wouldn’t nor did he want her jumping from one guy to the next. After that she felt so bad that she fucked the guy one last time but said she couldn’t do it anymore and he was really pissed and did threaten to tell her husband. She laughed and let him know that it was talked over already Nd fo what you feel you need to . He walked away quite and her and her hubby explored other options. He wound up with a penial implant and they stayed happily married. God bless him but I couldn’t ever let my wife be with other men . That’s what vows are for and they spell it out for you but I guess god bless the people that can get past it

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
What don't people get about for better or worse in sickness and in health

You ever think divorce rates increased as people either don't know what this really means

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah sure

Get involved with an ex con? What could possibly go wrong?

Dumb ass for marrying her. Dumb ass for encouraging her to take a lover. Dumb ass for taking her back.

She reminds me of Jack Nicholson’s line in “As Good as it Gets”. How do I write realistically about a woman? “I think of a man and remove reason and accountability”. I assume he was thinking about a woman such as this.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
No problem with your story line

I appreciate that you don’t make every story brutal BtB.

That said you do have an all too common theme in which your male protagonist is overly self righteous and your female characters are always ignorant sluts that become ultra remorseful in the end.

I like that you change things up and I hope you continue to do so. Your style is very readable.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Dumbass Cuck!!!

How stupid can a man/cuck be??!! A real man would NEVER agree to let his WIFE screw another person!!! Much less PAY for it!!! Husband should have foled for divorce before any sex occurred between wife and the CONVICT!!! What an asshole!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Absurd

You can't build a story around a premise that is false. If I wrote a story about a husband in the US contacting Hep C and dying because there is no cure for Hep C it would be ridiculous. Hep C is now cured by taking a course of pills, so that attempt to create drama fails. In this case of this story, it would be standard procedure to provide the husband with a penile implant. After that, he could fuck like Supeman, a true man of steel because the implant doesn't "quit". It's covered by insurance and even out of pocket it isn't expensive.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Penile implant would be a different story

I agree that there are many different types of penile implants and the husband could have used one. But, a penile implant is really not the same as having your own sexual potency.

Anyhow, I really did not care what the source of problem was because that was not important to the story.

I thought the story worked well in developing the relationship and consequences of a third-party. If I have any criticism, it is that Tony was too simple a villian. Story would have been better if Tony was a real catch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Kind of silly story

He could have had his sperm removed from his balls and fertilize some of her eggs. They could then have been implanted in her womb. If that didn’t work they could get a family member to donate sperm. That way the kid could be related to him. As for sex, there is no natural male penis involved with lesbian sex so why couldn’t his wife be satisfied by his hands, mouth and a few dildos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Markt83 . Agree mostly.

Others

Other ways

No

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Dale the Idiot CUCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He might not die dickless, but he's obviously going to die brainless. The sooner the better. Darwin is very pleased these dumb shits can't procreate.

Thanks for the effort.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

Just didn’t work for me, it’s seems no matter how badly the wife treated the husband the author was always going for a RAAC, in this case just did not work.⭐️⭐️

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuturealmost 2 years ago

I found this refreshing was expecting BTB, but sometimes it is nice that a writer takes emotions into check, we cannot help who we fall in love with and it's not like a tap where you can turn it on or off at will. He started it in hindsight would he have agreed to her having outside the marriage sex, I believe he still would, he loved his wife enough to sacrifice they ultimate gesture of his love

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About as good as a non-BTB can get... 5. And, there was some compensatory roasting in the middle.

Cee2ShiningCeeCee2ShiningCeeover 1 year ago

Inngeneral, I’m OK with RAAC. Not this time. Sybil didn’t deserve another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked his revenge but I didn’t enjoy him taking her back after her betrayal. After he wanted it to stop, as allowed per the agreement, she chose a loser instead. He should have broken and burned her, no forgiveness.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 month ago
Why

Why is it his fault the company went tits up after he sold it?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous