All Comments on 'Opportunity'

by Malraux

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
wildcat69awildcat69aalmost 8 years ago

Well now, that was different! Cute, and a welcome change from most of the cookie cutter stories written. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
He Made The Right Choice

It's been my sorry experience that when a nubile young thing attempts to hook up with someone who barely knows her and isn't really in her league, so to speak, she's looking to use him, and it will cost dearly. Such girls are generally desperate to leave the house, and think that a quick boff with the guy down the street will open the door to independence from Mom, or some other problem she doesn't want to deal with. He would quickly learn to regret sampling the wares.

mountaincat4mountaincat4almost 8 years ago
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Life is a constant series of decisions and trying to differentiate between right and wrong is a never ending struggle. The Zen story of the man with a horse illustrates this beautifully. Zorba the Greek said that the only sin a man can commit is to pass up an opportunity to have sex with a woman. After all, it's a biological imperative, the only reason we exist really. Without it there would be no life.

Somewhere along the evolutionary road, humans decided to confuse the issue of sex with morality. Now we are all indoctrinated from birth with rules and regulations in a not too successful attempt to keep people from acting like animals (which we are) and making an imposed version of civilized(?) behavior the only way to live your life. The big problem with rules is they tend to become carved in stone and turn into absolute dogma. This inevitably leads to conflict which is ultimately resolved with violence.

I think you should have written three versions of this story. The one you submitted and another where he accepts her offer and finds out it was a scheme of some kind which would lead to all sorts of trouble and a third where he accepts and both of them end up having a good time and learning something in the process. Like maybe how to act like adults. Regardless of which ending you feel most comfortable with, will it make any difference in hundred years?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Faithfulness when challenged!

I like this story a lot it is well written and is a great concept to show the value of Monogamy in a marriage!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 8 years ago
A treat to read

You are a treat to read. After "Scenes", "Colleen", and "Jonas" I was thrilled to see a new submission from Malraux, but bummed that it was so short! But what a wonderful vignette it is. Definitely a favorite. I especially liked:

"Age is a blessing. As I age, older women look more and more attractive. If I weren't married, they'd all be in play and I'd probably lose weight a lot faster."

What a wonderful gift you have to be able to give words to a sentiment that validates and celebrates maturity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Interesting

I was expecting the usual story of an older man seduced by his daughter's friend, but this was a refreshing change of pace. It was well written and I enjoyed reading about someone with some strength to his character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Courage and Commitment!

Loved it. Finally a man with guts and fortitude! Would love to read the results of his wife's research ......

EuanEuanalmost 8 years ago
I can't make up my mind

Now being at an advanced age (even older than you are) I wonder what I would do. I think that it is well observed and therefore I would give it really high marks. I've never had a child proposition me, the nearest is 20 years younger at 60, and I think that I'd still not perform.

Deep SoakerDeep Soakeralmost 8 years ago
Pleasant read

Twists and surprises are usually a good formula for getting five stars. This story had enough to earn top score. I enjoyed the way your character toyed with philosophy and grammar, much of which was lost on the other character and probably many average readers. Not all of us see the world in black and white with no room for gray or (gasp) color. It was fun to read a multi-level story that could be viewed as pure two dimensional black and white for those who think that reflects reality, and wry satire for those of us who can see your parody of the typical morality tale. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My strange take on this.....

Here's the short version of my long story. You may think I'm either crazy or lying, but I can prove that it's true.

At age 34, I married a lovely lady ten days my junior. She made my life beautiful in many ways, and was utterly fantastic in bed. She maintained that we had an "open marriage", but neither of us took another lover in 22 years. She kept telling me that I deserved to have a girlfriend on the side. I didn't want a girlfriend -- I loved my wife. I told her that she would have to choose my girlfriend for me. My wife was a very sexy woman (other men also thought so), but she never felt that she was sexy -- she wanted me to have someone prettier, more petite, and more sexually athletic than she was. My wife died three years ago at age 56.

In 2014, I met a gorgeous woman 25 years my junior. We hit it off, and dating led quickly to groping and then to amazing sex. She has yoga instructor training, and found many ways to thrill me all during 2015 with her small but flexible frame. That relationship ended earlier this year, but I'll go to my grave thinking that my wife finally chose a girlfriend for me -- from her perch in the heavens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Some will never understand

Character, integrity, commitment.

Words foreign in this world we live in for so many.

LOL, but I would love to see your version of the conversations, both private and public with wife and her and the neighbor.

Good story.

KimikimidollKimikimidollalmost 8 years ago
Well what do you know, I didn't expect to find you here!

Hahaha!

You made my day here, by writing this gem. I feel much better, for some reason.

Seriously, I didn't expect it to go like that.

I'm not gonna say much, everyone else already said what's needed.

So I'll say: thanks for the feels (better than an orgasm)

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
kudos

on a thoughtful story

I appreciate you for creating a man mature enough to deal the "opportunity" and the humour with which it was presented and resolved.

It would be fun to see how this potentially life changing incident played out when he shared the encounter with his wife.

thank you

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Excellent Nugget

I would love to be sure that I had the calm and grace shown by Mr. C. Many would hold that if she was hurt by his reaction it was her own damn fault. But he did a smooth job.

WatcherRobWatcherRobalmost 8 years ago
Amazing restraint

A really good story with a positive moral. Turning her away had to be tough but something a loving husband would do. I too can't help but wondered what happened when he told his wife. Oh, by the way, sex over 60 can be pretty fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

interesting mix of humor , comedy , morality & common sense

was expecting the old guy to have a brain fart at the end ..

wondering if his own daughter had approached Alessa's dad with the same offer

AEisMeAEisMeover 7 years ago

Like the others who have commented, I was surprised by the path this short story took. I was expecting (and fearful) it was another dumb "old man magically gets young pussy dropped in his lap." Instead, it melded tension, sensuality, and humor into an interesting read.

I like that you never fully explained Alessa's motivation for coming on to him. Yes, no doubt she was attracted to Mr. Carlson but there seems to have been more. Also the lines i laughed for 5 minutes straight at the lines "But really, Carol would kill me. She would have killed me at 20 if I'd strayed. Carol is my conscience. Because I fear her."

Great writing. Can't wait to read more of your work!

mitchawamitchawaover 7 years ago
Honor

Not an unusual plot, but an interesting dialogue interplay between a promiscuous young lady and a man of honor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

It's good when you know your place in the universe.

Boyd Percy

KRD19254KRD19254over 7 years ago
Buttttttt

I'd like to know the outcome....

What did Carol do? Was his daughter party to this, if not what did she do? Or was this a prank? After his disclosure did Carol rape him for his honesty, integrity, and true love?

Tie a ribbon on it for an ending.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful, Funny, Honest, Oh My!

I laughed and giggled all the way through this one, even though the subject matter was serious as a heart attack. What does a person do when faced with temptation? As you so eloquently and humorously describe, it's all about character. And commitment. And love. And honor. And so on....

Thanks for a delightful 5-minute read. I'm sure it took you hours to get it right, and I definitely appreciate the effort. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I liked it!

It is all about character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome Story

So many times the stories on this site are quick romps in the sack. It is refreshing to read one that reminds about the reality of good marriages and relationships.

The Infamous Anonymous

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Giggle, Giggle!

Okay, yeah you got some smiles from me. I enjoyed your short interesting story. However “unreal” that it was. I never met a Marine that was that in control of his “interest”. Of course I never met them all. 😋

Richie4110Richie4110almost 6 years ago
Loved it

Thanks, 5 stars for quality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very well done, . . .

and poignant. Thank you.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Liked It!

We all know that we'd blast a wife who gave in to a young stud, but I bet some of those same readers would have cheered him on if he took her up on her offer!

I would have liked to see the scene where he tells his wife about what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I disagree!

A shaved mature woman’s pussy does not look like a baby’s pee-pee. A mature pussy has enlarged vulva and extending wings. I hate hairy pussy’s because I don’t like the pull public hair from my teeth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks again.

I enjoy your characters, story lines, tongue-in-cheek sense of humor, and appreciate your grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Me too

Very entertaining short story about a principled older man. I also, like anonymous’ comment written on 02-17-19, do not like “public hair” getting caught in my teeth!

Di313MeDi313Meover 4 years ago
TOO NICE

I did it Malraux, I finally read a story of yours,Enjoyed it...Is it any wonder I knew the ending before getting there?...Always TOO NICE Malraux...But, I was not disappointed..it is who you are...Di

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDieselover 4 years ago

i loved it. I'd give it 500 stars simply because of character; something rarely seen these days.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
some woman, young or old have a need to wanted

Sadly, many females judge their self worth by how much they are wanted by men. I guess its part of our societies make up. I had a sister like that

Very good story.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 3 years ago
Hmmm

Makes me wonder about my character.

Antryg_WindroseAntryg_Windroseover 3 years ago
The map is not the territory.

The excuse is not the reality.

'Character' is the rationale hiding "his wife will kill him." His unspoken reasoning: the babe (or his wife or daughter) setup cameras. A longer story might explore 'why'. But nowhere is surveillance-free except maybe lost caves. Don't expect to get away with anything in your own or someone else's home. Wouldn't be prudent.

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 3 years ago

A life lesson! He's got more willpower than I have. It took me 40 years to stop smoking .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Mr C has a very healthy fear of She Who Must Be Obeyed. After nearly 40 years married, I do too. Yes, I’ve been propositioned, and every time I’ve been able to say, “Sorry, I don’t have room for that kind of complication in my life “, when I really mean, “I don’t want to face SWMBO when she finds out”. They always do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Should've spanked her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A thought provoking little tale. (Or is it a provocative little tail)

Its a sad reflection on todays culture that most commenters cannot accept his reasons for saying "NO" at face value.

According to the statistics bell, 10% of men will not commit adultery under any circumstance, 80% might if they are sure they will not get caught and 10% will at any opportunity.

I hope I fall into the 10% of those who wouldn't.

My reasoning is quite simple. I could not inflict that pain on my wife. I could not live with myself as I watched the joie de vivre fade from her eyes. It would be 10 times worse knowing I had caused it.

DOC226DOC226over 1 year ago

Very Cute Story.

BurgerPlaceResidentBurgerPlaceResident9 months ago

Top marks for a story where a married person is able to resist temptation.

minnygopherminnygopher8 months ago

It isn't WHY one resists temptation, it's that one DOES .

There is no way that I could live with myself knowing that my temporary pleasure caused my wife a lifetime of pain.

texlootexloo3 months ago

I love reading erotica, but I would never cheat. If my wife and I had an open relationship, I would still feel uncomfortable and guilty. This is not a judgement on others' choices, but how I feel and choose to act. I was a virgin until I was with my wife, and we have been together 25 years. No amount of orgasmic cheating could ever come close to how much I value my life with my bride. Erotic stories are lovely though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good for him. There is hope for the world. Well written.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 month ago

Thank you for a "resisted the easy way out with cheating"... story. Great read! My wife might enjoy this one, as well. Thanknyou.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMalraux@Malraux
Former athlete, serviceman, teacher, proofreader, warehouse man, student, coach. Still reader, writer, hiker, sport pilot. Like Hemingway, Styron, sports, planes that stall at 40 mph, grass landing strips, honesty, and women. Wish I were an expert at something.