Order of the Shattered Cross: Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Only a High Priestess can pass sentence. We shall now vote on that matter," Annette said.

"I motion for Annette, daughter of Anita, to assume emergency status as High Priestess until this crisis is resolved," one of the priestesses said.

The congregation, all but one agreed. Annette was the one who disagreed.

"I do not believe I am the best to serve us through this crisis. I have not seen this creature, she has. She has faced it and survived. Indigo fought it throughout her unlawful exile. Not for recognition or reward. I decline. I believe that among the Priestesses present, the one who is most capable of guiding us through this tribulation is Indigo, daughter of Ophelia."

The room came to an unsteady agreement. When it came to the final vote, Indigo's vote, she hesitated.

"I am far too young Sisters. I'm only three and twenty. Only three years ago, I was an initiate. There is no precedent for my accession," Indigo said, her voice nervous and shaking.

"There is no precedent for the crisis we face either. Think of your mother, and what she would have you do."

Nora ignored Ophelia's pleas. Gwendoline was able to grow her strength unopposed, because Nora refused to admit there was a threat. Ophelia acted alone to stop Gwendoline, knowing full well of the consequences. The consequences didn't scare her, because she knew what was right.

"My mother would have done her duty," Indigo said. "I accept."

A pair of bodies suddenly emerged, entwined with each other and tumbled across the ground. They slid to a stop, and unraveled, the small body rolling off the larger one.

"Timothy?" Indigo asked.

Timothy groaned while Sister Frost was trying her hardest to get to her feet but was far too dizzy to accomplish it. Both looked like children trying to walk for the first time.

"Who is that?" Annette asked.

"Who is what?" Timothy asked and saw the women in the orbs floating around the room. "I'm not going to lie, this is weirder than where I came from."

Indigo ran to Timothy and extended her hand to help him up.

"I did say hold her tight," Indigo said. Timothy laughed a little and accepted her help. He then leaned down to help the Sister to her feet.

"What did we miss?" Timothy asked, and then looked down at Nora. "What happened to her?"

Indigo smiled at Timothy, and then stood in the center of the chamber to make her first declaration as High Priestess.

"Priestesses. Summon our sisters. We're going to war."