Ordinary

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You've got a lot to do today, sweetie." She winked at her reflection and went to raid her old wardrobe for something that she could wear to go shopping. She eventually settled on a tank top, with a denim jacket and a pair of black sweatpants. It was not a very fetching outfit, but it was better than the dirty clothes that she had bought at the truck stop days ago. She didn't even have any panties to wear. It was a little uncomfortable.

She grabbed her wallet and keys and headed out to the store. The drive over was uneventful, but she started to feel self conscious when she got into the store. She felt like everyone was looking at her, like they knew her secret. They somehow knew that she had been a lonely man the last time she was there. They know I'm not wearing panties, Jamie thought. Her vagina became a bit moist at the thought, like she was doing something forbidden. The soft cloth of the sweatpants brushing against her pubic region was intoxicating, but she tried to stay focussed on the task at hand. Nevermind that her hips took on a more pronounced sway as she walked through the racks of clothing. It had nothing to do with what she was feeling in her nether regions. Probably.

Jamie didn't want to waste a lot of money on clothes that she didn't want to wear, so she ended up just buying two pairs of skinny jeans, one midi skirt, and a handful of plain v-neck t-shirts in a few muted colors. The department store didn't have any shoes that she liked so she stuck with her flip-flops for now. Her next stop was going to be the mall. There were some stores there that had more of the style of clothes that she liked the look of.

After paying for her purchases, Jamie slipped into the ladies restroom and entered a stall, closing the door behind her. She stripped off her men's clothing and stuffed herself into the skinny jeans, pulling them up tight till they hugged her crotch tightly. Thankfully, the material they were made of was very soft so it didn't irritate her pussy. The jeans fit her like a glove, hugging her backside and hips, as well as defining her calves and ankles. She slipped one of the plain t-shirts on, smoothing it down over her slim waist, then threw the denim jacket back on over it.

That portion of her shopping accomplished, she headed back out to her car, climbed in and headed over to the local shopping mall. She pulled into a parking spot near a light pole as she didn't know how long she would be inside and didn't want to risk walking out into a dark parking lot alone. I may be new to being a woman, but I'm not an idiot, she thought.

She went immediately to a punk themed outlet store, where they sold all sorts of dark colored clothes that seemed to be positively festooned with studs and chains. She had always liked the pseudo-punk look on women, but had never felt the same about the men's fashion from that style. She immediately gravitated to the skater and mini skirts. She picked out three of each in different colors and patterns. Her favorite was a purple plaid mini that was pleated and had a little bow sewn to the right hip.

Jamie grabbed some stockings and some thigh-highs, fishnet, of course. It was just because she had always liked the look, she hoped she liked the feel, too. She picked up a few tops, one was a crop top halter, another was a babydoll tee, and a couple others. She went wild over a little crop cut denim jacket. She purchased that immediately.

After she had spent a lot more money than she thought she would, she went to a lingerie store that she knew about but had never had a reason to go into before. She looked around and saw that everything seemed to be in varied shades of pink, done in satin or lace. Jamie looked around with wide eyes, suddenly intimidated.

"Good morning, miss," the greeting came from an attractive woman who looked like she might see middle age soon. She was taller than Jamie by several inches and looked trim with petite hips and breasts. She was dressed fashionably in a royal blue pair of wide legged slacks and a satin, cream colored blouse. The combination worked really well with her pixie cut strawberry blonde hair. "What brings you in today?"

"Oh, hi," Jamie stuttered a little. "I, umm, I need some bras and some panties, but I'm not sure of my sizes. I heard you do sizing here? Is that right?"

"Of course, dear." She smiled. "You are definitely in the right place. I am happy to help you with all of your needs. My name is Amellia, but most people call me Mellie. If you'll come this way, we'll get started with your measurements. What should I call you miss?"

"I'm Jamie, thank you for helping me with this, Mellie. I've never had this done before," she said, following behind the taller woman.

"For real?" Mellie looked back at her as she walked, one eyebrow raised. "You look really perky for never having worn the proper size bra before."

Jamie shook her head. "I've never worn one before. Is that bad?"

Mellie shook her head as she turned back in the direction they were walking. "Not at all! There is even some research that says it is actually better for the breast tissue to be allowed to support itself. Of course, not every woman has the desire, or confidence, to go about her daily life without."

"Oh, I didn't know." How was she supposed to explain that, until very recently, she hadn't had breasts at all?

Jamie followed Mellie into a large changing room, and the saleswoman closed the door behind them. "If you would, please disrobe and we'll get your measurements." She pulled a tape measure from a hidden pocket and turned her back to give Jamie some privacy.

Jamie could feel herself blushing, but did as she had been asked, setting her shopping bags and her purse on a bench along one wall. She quickly shed her clothing, feeling very exposed. No one had ever seen her naked before, after all.

Mellie turned back around and took in the beautiful redhead's body. "You are lovely, miss Jamie," she said with a soft smile. "You have nothing to be bashful about. We are both women here. There are no mysteries to hide. May I proceed?"

Jamie nodded, and held her breath a little as Mellie stepped behind her with the tape measure. She first measured the under bust, then the over bust. She measured waist and hips. Mellie's touch was very professional, but still sensual and intimate. Jamie began to relax.

After a few minutes of taking Jamie's measurements, Mellie stepped back in front of Jamie. "All right, I've got what I need to get you the proper sizes. Do you know what you want by way of cut and style? Material?"

Jamie's eyes went wide, and her breath caught in her throat. She shook her head. "No, I just want some panties and a bra. I want them to fit comfortably." She shrugged, feeling helpless. She had no experience with this kind of thing.

Mellie smiled a kind smile. "No worries. I can bring in a small selection and you can try them on to see what you like. Would that be alright? Do you want just functional, or would you like to be a little sexy? A little daring? Do you anticipate going on a date where your underthings might be seen?"

The little redhead blinked back at the taller saleswoman. "I guess I hadn't really thought of that. I want to feel nice, sexy. I don't know about daring or about going on a date. I just got back from a trip and don't really know anyone who would want to date me. I...I guess I'm all alone." Jamie's eyes started to burn with tears as she looked helplessly at Mellie.

"Shush shush," Mellie said, stepping forward to wrap the crying naked woman in a comforting hug. "There will be time for that later. For now, let's get you some undies and we'll worry about the racy stuff later. Does that sound good?"

Jamie nodded into Mellie's shoulder, not concerned about being naked with this woman.

"Alright, then," she squeezed Jamie's shoulders, and rubbed her back. "I'll go and get a few things, and we'll see what we see afterwards, yes? Yes." She carefully disengaged, and slipped out the changing room door.

Jamie sank to the floor, tears pouring from her eyes. She really was all alone. She still hadn't reached out to Mark, her boss, to tell him that she was back in town and that she had changed. She didn't know if she would still have a job or not. She knew that she needed to buy clothes to go to work in, and had used the excuse of a shopping trip to avoid making the call. She didn't have any friends, and the thought of calling her parents was so far outside the realm of possibility that she didn't entertain it for even a moment. There were no social clubs, or hobbies that she shared with others, no sports, nothing. What was she going to do?

She ran the possibilities over and over in her mind as she knelt on the floor naked, tears streaming down her face, unheeded. She felt paralyzed with fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of ruining this second chance at living a life that she loved. She looked up when she heard the changing room door open.

Mellie saw her crumpled up on the floor, quickly shut the door behind her, and set the pile of underthings down on the little bench. She sat down next to the crying woman and pulled her onto her lap. She rocked her making shushing noises. She muttered vague assurances that everything would be alright. Slowly, Jamie's tears subsided.

Jamie wiped at her tears. "Thank you, Mellie. I don't know what you must think of me, but I truly appreciate what you did for me."

"You are quite welcome, dear. Now," she said brusquely. "Why don't you tell me what this is all about." It wasn't a question.

From the comfort of Mellie's lap, Jamie slowly explained what her life had been like before Mark had told her to go out and find whatever it was that set her heart on fire. She spoke of the feeling she had had in her chest and how she had followed it. She told Mellie about the outcropping in the middle of the tiny canyon with the waterfall. She explained what she had seen in the mirrored surface she had discovered, and how she had swapped places with her reflection. She then explained that she had been born male, and had suffered gender dysphoria. She tried to explain the vast significance of the miracle that she had been granted, but couldn't find words big enough.

When Jamie finally ran out of words, Mellie was looking at the girl with a look of awe on her face. "Jamie, that is amazing. I know it sounds so unlikely, but I believe you. That's not to say that many would. I believe in the magic of the world, the love of the spirit, Gaia. I think she may have set you on this course, to correct an error. That may not be what happened, of course, but I like to think that our Mother loves all her daughters, even the ones that were born with the wrong body."

Jamie looked up into Mellie's eyes. "Thank you."

Mellie smiled down at the younger woman. "You are very welcome. Do you think you are able to try on some of these lovely things that I brought for you?"

Jamie smiled back and nodded, feeling a little excited. "Yes, please." She stood up and clasped her hands in front of her and looked down at the floor, feeling bashful again, but excited at the same time.

Mellie fetched a pair of boy shorts from the pile that she had brought in with her. "Try these first."

Together, the two women worked to find what Jamie felt most comfortable in, with Mellie given thoughts, opinions, and insights. They eventually settled on the majority of her underwear being the hipster cut, with a few boy shorts, and a few thongs for those times when a lady really didn't want her panty line to show. For bras, they chose one full cup, a couple of lacy bralettes, one balconette, a bandeau style, and three racer back sports bras. It was a lot, but a woman has her needs.

When they were done, Mellie stepped out so Jamie could dress in privacy, even though they had become quite close through the process. Jamie dressed in a pair of the hipster panties, the balconette bra, her new favorite purple plaid mini, and the babydoll t-shirt. She gathered up the rest of her purchases and left the changing room.

She carried the large stack of underthings to the counter where Mellie was checking out another customer.

Mellie handed the customer their receipt. "Thank you for coming in today. Have a good rest of your day." Her smile seemed stilted, forced, and her voice lacked the emotion that had been there when she had spoken with Jamie. Mellie watched the customer walk away with her smile frozen in place.

Jamie put her things on the counter. "Are you alright?" she asked Mellie.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. I'm so sorry. Yes, I just wish all of my customers were like you. I feel like we made a connection." She started scanning Jamie's items into the computer.

Jamie giggled. "Well, that's what happens when you hold a naked woman that's crying. You form a bond. Seriously, though, thank you for your help." She took a deep breath and studied her hands on the counter. "Would you like to go out for dinner with me? After your shift? It's the least I can do to repay your kindness."

Mellie shook her head. "You don't owe me anything, dear."

"Oh," Jamie said, her face burning with embarrassment. "Of course, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to assume or anything. Oh. I'm so sorry."

Mellie laughed a gentle laugh. "No, no, Jamie. I'm not saying I won't go out to dinner with you! I'm saying you don't owe me anything. I would be happy to share a meal with you. I will be here till the store closes in another couple of hours. Would that be okay?"

Wiping her eyes again, Jamie nodded. "I can be here then. Do you know of any place that's good around here?"

"I do," Mellie said. "There is a good little Thai place in one of the outlots around the Mall. Do you like Thai food?"

Jamie smiled. "I don't know? I've never had it, but I'm willing to try."

"Wonderful," Mellie said with a smile. "I'll see you in a couple of hours, then?"

"Yes, ma'am," Jamie offered a little salute like she had seen girl scouts do years ago.

They finished the transaction, and Jamie gathered her things, taking them out to her car in the parking lot.

--------------------------

The two women sat in the booth at the Thai restaurant, their empty plates in front of them. The place smelled of exotic spices and cooking meat and veggies. It was a little dim, but that was fine by Jamie, who had been feeling overwhelmed by all of the things that she had been through lately.

"So," Mellie said, taking a sip from her drink. "Are you going to call Mark and go back to your job? Or are you going to try to find something new?"

Jamie studied her fingers as they played with a condensation ring on the table. "I don't know. I need to go to work, but I'm afraid that he won't believe me. But, I'm scared to try to find something else, too. I'm just scared. What should I do?"

Mellie smiled and shook her head. "You know I can't tell you what to do, hun. This is something that you need to decide for yourself. It sounds like you like your job, though. Do you want to go back?"

Jamie nodded.

"Well, do you think you can still do your job as a woman? Is that what you're afraid of?"

"No, it's nothing like that," Jamie shook her head. "I do data analysis and tabulation. Most of my co-workers are women. I'm just afraid of Mark not believing me, of rejecting me. I'm really good at my job, and I enjoy it, as boring as it sounds. I love finding the patterns in things. But, what if he won't let me come back?"

"What if he does?" Mellie countered. "What do you really have to lose by trying? Even if he does reject you, at least you'll know that you tried. Then, we go find you something else."

Jamie looked up at Mellie. "We?"

The older woman smiled. "We. I don't know what it is, but I feel a connection with you. I like you, and I want to be there for you." A shadow passed over her face as some dark emotion rippled through her, but was gone as soon as it was there.

Jamie didn't mention it. "Thank you, Mellie. That means a lot." She reached out and squeezed the other woman's hand. "I'll try. I'll call him in the morning. It got late without us noticing." She looked around the restaurant and saw the staff cleaning up the dining area.

"It certainly did. Here, this is my phone number. Call me after you talk to Mark. If you need me, I'll be there for you."

The two women exchanged phone numbers, paid their bill and headed out to their cars.

Jamie drove slowly on her way home, her thoughts weighing heavily on her mind. I know Mellie is right, she thought. It is better to try and fail than to not try, but what if... She couldn't finish the thought. What if, what? What was the worst thing that could happen? She reached out and was rejected? How is that different from not reaching out? She would still need to find a new job. She would still have lost the closest thing she had to a friend, other than Mellie, that is.

Pulling into the parking garage of her apartment building, she pulled into her regular parking spot, collected her packages, locked her doors and headed toward the main entrance. The apartment building was not one of the fancy ones with an attendant, she just needed her entry code. She input the code and headed toward the bank of elevators.

She waited for the elevator car to come to the lobby still mulling over the potential consequences of reaching out to Mark. The doors opened onto an empty elevator car and she stepped inside. She hit the number ten and let the doors close on their own. The elevator shuddered a little as it started to move upwards.

Jamie looked at the mirrored reflection that faced her in the shiny surface of the elevator doors. She was a petite red haired woman. Her purple plaid skirt lay beautifully along her hips, her bellybutton peeked out from under the babydoll t-shirt. The face that looked back at her was pretty, with wide eyes that seemed to be a slightly more green hazel than she remembered having had before. Maybe it was just a trick of the light? All in all, Jamie liked the way she looked, but best of all was how she felt.

The elevator doors opened and let Jamie out into the hallway. She moved toward her apartment, lugging the bags that were starting to feel quite heavy. The way her legs rubbed against each other, with no penis to get in the way and no balls to squish, was just heavenly. The sway and bounce of her breasts in her new bra let her know that this wasn't all just a dream. It was real. Her hips swayed without any undue effort. Every movement was a reminder that she finally matched who she was with how she looked.

"I'm going to call Mark," Jamie told herself. "It doesn't matter if he believes me, or lets me come back to work. I am who I am, and I am finally okay with that." She smiled to herself, laughing softly at the truth in those few words.

Setting her bags down by her apartment door, she shook the strain out of her arms and fished her key out of the tie dye purse she had picked up at the truckstop. She unlocked the door and nudged it open with her foot. She picked up her shopping loot and headed inside, kicking the door closed behind her.

Jamie set the bags on the dining room table and took her flip-flops off. She needed to get some new shoes before she went back to work, she realized. She walked across the small space to her bedroom and stripped off her babydoll tee, carefully laying it across the back of the chair in the corner. She would wear that tomorrow.

She was reaching for the zipper of her skirt when an angry deep voice asked, "Who are you, and where did you get the keys for this place?"

Jamie shrieked and spun around, her arms crossing over her breasts by instinct. The man who stood in her bedroom doorway was large and fit looking. He had an attractive mop of unruly hair on his head and a pair of glasses that framed his eyes beautifully. Eyes that were looking at her with a touch of anger and suspicion, with maybe a hint of worry.