Other People's Drama Ch. 06

Story Info
Colorado (4).
7.9k words
4.8
3.2k
1

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

******

*Author's Note*

The sixth part. Remember, all comments, graciously accepted!

Enjoy!

******

About an hour after Regina goes home, I call Butch and together, we sit on the front porch, and watch people go by. He's amazing in that he never leaves the yard, unless I tell him to. Less than a minute after I sit down, Butch's head comes up, I hear a noise behind me, and when the dog starts wagging his tail, I'm pretty sure I know what's up.

Sure enough, seconds later, Polly appears in front of me. She's wearing a very short, pleated skirt, and a matching crop top, both of which are covered with colorful images of crayons and felt pens - which totally fit the childish image, she always seems to portray.

She stands silent and motionless, until I acknowledge her presence.

"Good evening, Polly."

"I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

"Just like that?"

"Yep. I don't waste time being angry. I have other stuff to do."

She thinks about it for a second, then steps up onto the porch, and sits Indian style, her very cool pink Nikes pulled up under her.

"I guess I just slipped into character," she offers.

"Yeah. A hot-headed, immature, bratty teenager," I reply, smiling at her.

"Yeah... I guess."

"Why do you fight that part of yourself so damn hard?"

"Because I don't want to be 'sweet and innocent'. I want to be like everyone else."

"I actually like the 'sweet, innocent', Polly."

"Why?"

"Hell... look at you. Awesome kid-style graphic skirt, very cool matching top, glittery pink sneakers, and of course, those amazing crayon-covered, matching panties..."

The girl goes almost pale.

"OMG..." she blurts out, pulling her skirt down a little.

"Why bother, I've already seen them. Everything about you says sweet and innocent, Polly - your bright red hair, your pigtails, even those amazing big blue eyes. Sometimes, it seems as though you don't want to grow up - like you want people to think you're a kid. You simply don't behave like someone who is an 'adult'. I find myself wondering if it's who you really are, or perhaps just a little game you like to play. If 'sweet and innocent' isn't the image you want to portray, you really need to work on your appearance, and your behavior. You should try just being Polly some time."

"Why did you look?" she asks, a little smirk covering her face.

"Look?"

"At my panties..."

"Because we both know you did it purposely - you just didn't expect me to say anything. Why else would you sit Indian style in a skirt that short?"

The kid gives me the most devious smile, confirming my assumption that she is taunting me for some reason.

"Besides," I add, maintaining eye contact with her, "I have seen a lot more of you...

"A lot more of me?" she asks, trying her best not to laugh.

"Pool? Your backyard? An awesome pink string bikini? Ringing any bells?"

She laughs.

"You've seen me in my bikini?"

"More than once. Your sister, mother, and Regina look pretty damn good in theirs as well."

"I let Regina borrow the black one..."

"I though as much."

"Why?"

"It's really too small for her. I'm thinking she is at least 36D, and her waist is a good bit bigger than yours as well. But it was kind of entertaining watching her and Meghan try to bust out of the silly things."

"Meghan's is too small, on purpose."

"I kinda figured that too. For the record, your mother is actually pretty damn hot for being as old as she is, and having given birth twice."

"Really?"

"Absolutely."

"Would you hook-up with her?"

"Already did," I reply, just to see how she reacts.

"Figures. What was it like?"

"You want to know what sex with your mother is like?"

"Sorry... that was kinda weird, I guess. I'm just so used to hearing how great this girl is, or how amazing that girl is - and I'm seriously tired of hearing James and David tell Meghan what an 'incredible fuck' she is."

"So, do you want to get your name on the 'incredible fuck' list?"

She breaks up laughing at the question. I find I'm fascinated with how totally comfortable the kid seems to be with the conversation, but realize that just like the underwear thing, it's just a game to her.

"I'm a virgin. Seems to me, you gotta have a good bit of experience, to get on that list."

"Is there something wrong with being a virgin?"

"I dunno. I guess not. Thing is, everyone at school knows I am. Boys either avoid me because I won't give it up, or they go all crazy trying to convince me they are the one that should get to take my virginity."

I break up laughing, almost hysterically - I can't help it.

"You are totally amazing, in your own messed-up little way, Miss Polly."

"I'm not sure what that means, but okay."

"It means you need to grow up and embrace the flirty little brat who made sure I saw her panties, but also hang on to sweet and innocent - just in case."

"If you didn't know me, and I sorta flirted with you, would you ever try to talk me into something, I shouldn't do?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because, young lady, you don't look even close to your age. You'll have to blame that on genetics. While some of your high school friends might not care, I do. If you spoke to me in a public environment, and I didn't know you, the first words out of my mouth would be 'where's your mother?'.

"You suck..."

"I know. Do you remember our first conversation on the subject of age?"

She gives me a dirty look and mumbles, "yeah..."

"I guessed you were fifteen."

"I remember..." Again, I get the glare. "You kind of pissed me off..."

"You're just too damn cute, I swear."

"I wish I looked like Meghan - or even like Regina."

"I'm still confused - big boobs don't make you look older. In your case, they would just make you look like a kid - with big boobs. There's way more to 'being older' than the size of your boobs, Polly."

"So... you have noticed that I have small boobs?"

"Well... having seen you in the bikini, I'd guess 34, and maybe a C?"

"32B actually."

"Well, they are more than sufficient for your body."

"Yeah, but they aren't very sexy."

"Why," I ask, trying not to laugh again, "are you so damn fixated on sex, and sexy?"

She shrugs, and leans back, and puts her hands on the porch behind her, once again making her skirt hike up.

I shake my head, stand up, and look at her.

"Nice try kid... not gonna work. I've seen far too many pairs of women's underwear. You want something to drink?"

I get a heavy sigh from her, and as she stands up, she says, "I guess..."

******

After Polly and I make peace, I end up taking a break from my life. Butch and I bail to the cabin for a couple of weeks, between visits to the shrink. I do nothing, except sit on the porch, drink iced tea, and read a lot.

It takes eight days for my nemesis to once again, intrude into my life - in the form of a text message...

'where r u?'

'How is it that you have my damn phone number?'

'really?'

'You're officially on my 'shit list', Polly.'

'yeah ok... when r u gonna b home?'

'I'll let you know. Bye.'

'u suck. bye.'

Once I'm free of Polly's intrusion, I go back the what I was doing - getting the two of them graduation presents. Although I can't seem to get in touch with Regina's mother, Carla does give me permission to get Polly something. She sorta balks, and seems uncomfortable when I mention Regina - which, although I guess I understand, still seems odd to me.

Yes, her husband fucked around, got another woman pregnant, and got caught. 'Why' I wonder, 'would she hold that against a kid who had no control over it?'

I'm torn as to how to approach the gift thing. I know I can't just get them the same thing - tacky. I've spent two months trying to get them to understand that they are different people - not 'two peas in a pod'. Yes, they share a parent. Again, not their fault.

Finally, after a full hour staring at my tablet, I make a decision.

Polly is a music fanatic. Every time I see the girl, she has ear buds, either in her ears, or hanging over her shoulders. So, I create an iTunes account, and an Amazon Music account, both in her name, but under my payment account. Then I order her a new iPod, with so much memory, the kid will never be able to fill it. One down...

Regina... What a quandary. I know what I want to get her. What I believe will make an indelible mark on her heart and mind, but the fear of Polly's reaction, is making me hesitate. I sit silently, staring at the tablet.

"What do you think, Butch. Will Polly understand why I did it?"

The dog lifts his head, and gives me his patented 'whatever' look. Cracks me up every time. Sometimes, that same look, makes me believe he can talk, but simply chooses not to, in defiance of human craziness.

With a grin, and a mental 'what the hell', I click 'purchase', and complete the transaction. The stuff will be delivered the day I get back to the house.

This... should prove entertaining.

******

I've been back for three days. I've wrapped the girl's gifts, and have them sitting on the kitchen table. So far, the only time I've seen either of them, was through the window, after school. I find myself wondering if in some weird teenage fashion, they are punishing me for being gone.

Thursday is their last day of school. They have their graduation ceremony on Saturday, at noon. I was planning to give them their gifts on Friday - if I see them. I suppose we'll see.

As I sit here tinkering with engine parts, I hear them. When I look covertly over my shoulder, I see them walking along, laughing and shoving each other around. It's obvious that they have rekindled their friendship, but it also seems somehow different. Maybe... better.

I return to what I'm I doing, feeling like I've done something good - maybe. But then again, I suppose it's possible that my involvement wasn't as crucial as I'd like to think.

Maybe... they fixed it on their own.

Either way, I know I can give the gifts to Carla, and she will make sure the kids get them.

******

It's Friday morning.

It's only 5:45!

And yet, someone is mercilessly hammering on my doorbell.

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot... as we said, back in my military days.

I force myself to roll out of bed, and head for the door. Being not quite awake, and confused as to what the hell is going on, I totally forget pants. Something I become painfully aware of, the moment I open the door...

"GOOD MORNING!" they pretty much yell, simultaneously.

"What the hell? It's not even 6:00 am for crying out loud..."

"Yeah," Regina offers, an evil little smirk covering her face, "and we've officially been graduates for about fourteen hours."

"And," comes from a giggling Polly, "my mom said you might have something for us."

Regina pushes the door open, and follows Polly into the house. I close the door, and stand staring at them. The fact I'm wearing nothing but boxers, seems unimportant to both of them.

"This couldn't have waited until... say... 9:00 or so?"

"Hey... we're impatient teenagers," Polly offers, laughing, and holding out an envelope to me.

"Worse," comes from Regina, who still has that little smirk on her face, and is also holding out an envelope, "we're impatient teenage females..."

They make me laugh. I can't help it. They haven't been 'punishing' me at all. They've been 'toying' with me - trying to get a reaction. I open the envelopes and find identical invitations to a high school graduation ceremony.

"Kitchen table," I tell them, and then turn and head for the bedroom to get dressed.

"Are you coming?" I hear Regina ask from behind me.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" I reply, turning into my bedroom.

Once I'm appropriately clothed, I return to the living room, only to find Polly beside herself, and Regina in tears. Polly sees me first, jumps up, and throws her arms around my neck.

"You are totally amazing! Two unlimited accounts? Seriously?"

"Yeah. I was thinking you will want to try to be the first person to download every song they have..."

Then, much to my surprise, she kisses me - smack on the lips. And... it's a very emotional kiss.

Then, she whispers in my ear...

"You made her cry... and she totally needed that."

When she lets go, the magic I see in her teenage eyes, gives me goosebumps - all over. My heart races, as I realize she does understand why I did it. Finally, I step around the couch, and sit down next to a softly sobbing Regina.

"Good tears... or bad ones?"

The girl turns to face me, and kisses me with a level of passion I haven't felt, since the day Riley went home.

"Thank you... from my demons," she whispers.

She gets up, turns to Polly, says, "I'll see you later," and walks to the door. The only time she lets go of the diamond pendant, hanging around her neck on a gold chain, is to open the door. Then she immediately takes it between her thumb and forefinger, and goes back to gently rubbing it, as she closes the door behind her.

I feel the tears in my eyes, as I turn back to Polly.

"What you did, is the most amazing thing I have ever seen anyone do, in my short life. I know we are all screwed up in some way, but Regina has had it harder than most of us. I kinda know now, that I didn't help much, but I had good intentions... honest."

"You two have been talking."

"Uh huh - thanks to you."

"Thanks to me?" I ask, definitely confused.

"Yeah. She told me about the talk you had, at the college. She told me about you getting her all the clothes. She told me how you helped her find herself - find who Regina is supposed to be."

I take a seat on the couch, and Polly is next to me instantly. She kicks off her sandals (it's a 'flowery dress' day - which is totally Polly) and pulls her feet up under her. She looks at me for a second, and then down at her hands, which are fidgeting.

"I really didn't mean to make her like me. I was just trying to help. She didn't really have anyone else..."

I grab her chin, and make her look at me.

"Never be sorry for trying to help - anyone. You are a victim in this, just like Regina. You lost your father, ended up in a single parent home, and had to deal with the fallout of a situation created by a bunch of fucked up adults. I believe you were trying to help both of you, deal with something neither of you should have had to deal with."

I watch her eyes cloud up, and in seconds, see the first tears trickle down her cheeks. She leans forward, and kisses me - again. A kiss full of teenage emotion.

She spins around, lies on her side, facing away from me, and puts her head on my thigh.

"I suppose that I should warn you..."

"Uh oh..."

"I'm giving up my preoccupation with sex."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh. At least until you are ready..."

"Ready? Ready for what?"

"Think about it... you big doofus."

Yeah... it takes me a second, but I do catch on.

"How long are you willing to wait?"

"As long as it takes," she quickly replies, following it with bubbly little giggle.

Yeah, I'm in trouble. Again.

How in the hell do I get myself into this shit anyhow?

******

Polly spends an hour with her head on my thigh, telling me all the sordid details of her - and her sister's - entire life. She even adds in some of Regina's. I am stunned beyond explanation - and somehow understand why God drew me into this particular case of drama.

Her father was having an affair with Regina's mother, and apparently had been for a while. Carla worked so much, she never caught on. He, of course, panicked when he realized Patricia was pregnant, because she couldn't say if it was his, or her husband's. Then, to complicate things further, he found out that Carla was pregnant. Nothing came of the situation, until both babies were born. Patricia quietly asked for a DNA test, and someone at the hospital saw it - and told Carla what they had seen. She completely freaked, and confronted Rick. Realizing he was caught, Rick confessed everything, claiming he tried to get Patricia to abort. Then, in a fit of rage, Carla called Patricia out, in the middle of the street, in front of half the neighborhood. Seems the police were called, and Carla was damn near arrested. Thus, began the vicious hatred between the two of them.

The first husband to go was Patricia's. Janet - Regina's older sister - isn't his biological child, so he said 'screw this' and disappeared, leaving Patricia with a mountain of debt, and two kids. Unable to cope, she took her one-year-old daughter to her parents' house and told them they needed to take care of her for a while, to keep her from having a breakdown.

Next, after months of violent arguments, Carla told Rick to go. When he tried to sway her, she got a lawyer, and crushed him financially. She didn't really need his money - she was just being excessively vindictive. She also had the courts disallow any visitation with either of the girls, which she has said, she now regrets.

The end results? Two young girls, caught up in a bunch absurd adult drama, who have never seen their father. Oh, and a guy who is paying child support, for two children, that have never been part of his life.

Next - Meghan. Neighborhood Drama 2.0.

Losing her father for unexplained reasons, kinda messed with four-year-old Meghan. All her life, she seemed to look for ways to antagonize her mother. The child psychologists said she blamed Carla for losing her father. I suppose we should add that Rick isn't her biological father, but he is the one, that raised her from a baby. When Meghan discovered this, a bad situation got worse.

When Meghan turned thirteen, things went downhill quickly. Carla admits that she was a single breath away from putting the child into foster care. Just like Regina, Meghan developed quickly - and from about twelve on, she never looked her age. This led to a number of 'issues' involving her that became public, meaning most of the neighborhood knew about them.

According to Polly, Meghan saw it all as a big game. When Carla sent her away for 'in-patient counselling', she didn't care. She knew that as a minor, they'd have to let her out eventually. The harsh part came when, just before they took her away, Meghan looked at her mother and told her that it was her fault she did the things she did - because Carla threw her father out.

Meghan was two months short of sixteen, when they finally let her come home. She was still messed up, but the juvenile courts made it clear to her that if she was caught having sex with anyone, before she was eighteen, they would put her in a dentation facility until she was of legal age. She tried to get cocky with the judge, telling him that the age of consent was sixteen. He glared at her, and said, "Not for you it isn't."

So, for the following two years, Meghan got away with whatever she wanted - because Carla was simply too stressed to deal with her. The whole 'foursome' thing, didn't happen until Meghan was nineteen. Although Polly didn't actually watch it, she knew what was going on.

Now, at twenty-one, Meghan works a low-paying job at a supermarket, still does what she wants at home, and Carla still allows it. I have a very strange feeling, that at some point, I'm gonna have to deal with Meghan as well.

Just because.

Polly finally gets to Polly. She confesses that she has had more than one opportunity to delve into the world of sex. A couple of times, it was actually with decent guys. But she couldn't bring herself to go through with it. That's how she got her reputation at school as a 'tease'. When I laugh, she rolls over, looks up at me, and say, "Better a tease, than a slut, right?"