Otoh Gunga Tensions

Story Info
Padmé returns to Naboo to help maintain it's stability.
4.7k words
4.69
7.2k
15
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dormé applied the finishing touches to Padme's vibrant brunette hair, pinning the curls so they dropped over her shoulder, a gold pin extended across, holding the elaborate style together. It completed the ensemble that had already taken a painstaking amount of time to perfect, as was typical of most of Padme's formal gowns.

The former queen wore a pearl white backless dress, cut high enough to leave her toned leg completely exposed. Silver, glimmering chains criss-crossed across the back. Hand-sewn piping highlighted the edges of the dress, using the finest silk-weave credits could buy. Her shoulders were left bare, with a generous plunge displaying her cleavage. A metal band wound it's way across the length of wrist, which complimented the small clutch she would carry with her.

"Perfect as ever, Dormé," Padme beamed, gazing an her most trusted servant -- her friend. "This is beyond what I was expecting. I'd say it rivals some of my more unusual outfits I've worn."

Dormé smiled back with pure pride, placing a hand on Padme's bare shoulder. "I should hope so. After all, this is one of your first big assignments of your senator-ship. I couldn't bear it if you didn't make an eye catching first impression with the new Boss."

Much had changed since the day of the battle to repel the Trade Federation and their invasion force. Padmé had departed from her post as the Monarch of Naboo, agreeing to take on a role as the senator for her world, representing their interests and values in the senate of the Republic. She had fought hard, with the very same fury that helped her to retake her world. Something that had made her a number of enemies within a short period of time.

The gungans had experienced their own change in leadership, electing a new Boss to succeed Nass -- Mers Nasr. Boss Nass had been a difficult person to try negotiate with, sceptical of the intentions of the Naboo and their request for help to fight against the cold droid army. But Padmé couldn't describe Nass as anything but honest, willing to put the needs of his people first with every decision he made. His political rivals were openly critical of his choice to send the gungan armies to the surface to act as a distraction from the infiltration forces led by Padmé and the Jedi.

The losses for both sides had been heavy, with the gungans taking the brunt of it. When faced with the advanced weaponry of the Trade Federation the gungans possessed primitive shielding and projectiles. Once the shield had been penetrated they were at the mercy of the lines of blaster fire. Though many gungans perished, it was far less than the projected total had Nute Gunray been successful in his quest.

Boss Nasr -- as the intelligence reports stated -- was far less open to the integration of gungans into the cities above. His fears weren't entirely unfounded. Over the centuries since the colonists first arrived on the planet the wars between the newcomers and the gungan natives had become frequent - bloody. It reached a point where the gungans saw the only solution to ending the possibility of future devastating wars as complete separation, building a city at the depths of Lake Paonga.

Padmé had been recalled to Naboo to attend the ceremony commentating Nasr's selection as Boss. Queen Réliatta had been invited to Coruscant for a personal meeting with Chancellor Palpatine, concerning matters he considered vital to his homeworld. The Queen had reasoned that there was no person better suited to accept the invitation on her behalf, knowing that Padmé had shared a working relationship with a number of gungan dignitaries. The most famous being Jar-Jar Binks.

"Are you sure you wouldn't want me to travel to the city with you?" Dormé asked , never one to leave the side of her friend. "It wouldn't take too long to find something suitable and throw it on."

Padmé clasped the hand of her closest friend and smiled. "I would love for you to escort me, but things are very delicate at the moment. We have to make Nasr feel as though the celebration is completely in his hands, if too many of our people travel down it may risk making him feel closed in. As though we were encircling him."

Dormé raised an eyebrow. "Something you picked up during your time in the senate?"

"Of course. With certain individuals you have to realise that the direct approach is destined to fail, they'll take it as a challenge to their authority and do anything to protect their image. There are more subtle ways of getting them to join your line of thinking."

"Oh?" Dormé smirked . "You haven't been utilising that technique on me, have you?" Padmé laughed, standing up form her vanity cabinet. "I have never needed to."

A light knock on the door alerted the women. A male voice beyond called to them. "Mistress Padmé? Your transport has arrived."

Padmé gave her thanks. "Time for us to depart. Let's just hope the journey isn't wasted."

"Ahem," Dormé gently cleared her throat, holding up a pair of Lishai branded white heels, "aren't you forgetting these?"

The former queen felt herself blush with embarrassment. "I have a genuine feeling that if I didn't have you around I would forget my head. Would you?"

Padmé asked sitting on her luxurious bed and hiking the skirt of her gown up.

Dormé obliged, crouching down and slipping the tall heels onto Padmé's feet.

A short descent down the stairs of her Theed residence brought her into the the circular courtyard, where a maroon hover taxi had parked. The pilot helped the pair in, which they thanked him for profusely. The journey itself was fairly short, one Padmé had made dozens of times during her diplomatic meetings when she still sat upon the throne.

Upon reaching the very edge of lake leading out of Theed, they were met with the sight of a silver and blue bongo protruding from the surface of the water, floating beside a narrow bridge that had been built in the years following the victory ceremony, allowing for the arrival of gungans that wished to find employment on the surface. The bongos happened to be the quickest way to make it through to Otoh Gunga without the aid a starship, Padmé wanted to use the method of transport as a sign of respect to gungan ingenuity.

Padmé manouvered her way out of the taxi, Dormé helping to ensure not a single wrinkle made its way onto the dress. They walked across the bridge, coming to a stop at the open top of the bongo.

"Final chance," Dormé announced as the gungan pilot stood, "still want me to remain behind?"

Padmé took a step forward and planted a gentle kiss on her friend's cheek. "With that skill in emotional blackmail you should consider joining me in the senate."

They shared a a small giggle as the gungan held his hand out. "Mesa bein' yousa pilot to da Otoh Gunga."

Padmé took his hand and hopped in, sitting in the rear seat as the bubble top closed over, sealing with a hiss. She gave a final wave to Dormé as the began to sink.

The sights of the underwater world that existed beneath the surface never failed to fills the young senator with awe. Water creatures that dwarfed even the largest mammals that strode across the open fields of Naboo, stalking their smaller aquatic prey.

The bongo ascended over one final ridge before the spectacle of Otoh Gunga shimmered into view. Multiple transparent orbs that floated just above the bed of the Lake of, glowing with pale orange light. The gungan carefully rocked the controls, guiding the nose of the bongo towards the opening for the transport hub. A crane like arm latched onto the bongo, settling it down upon a disc shaped platform.

As the cockpit sprung open, Padmé could see a procession of gungan dignitaries making their way to the platform, led by Hesr. He was dressed in the traditional garb of a gungan council member, though his sizeable weight put a fair amount of strain on it. His facial features gave him a shrewd, calculating profile.

The new Boss approached the young senator as she climbed out, opening his arms wide and pulling her into a hug - an action she would never have expected from someone who had made his distaste for the naboo very clear over recent months. Curiously, his thick hands slipped down her back, coming to a rest on her thin waist.

"Yousa bein' the bombad senator?" Hesr asked, pulling back slightly, giving Padmé a closer look at the being she would be contending with during her stay in the city.

Padmé bowed her head deferentially. "I am. It's truly an honour to meet you, Boss Hasr."

The gungan leader let out a belly laugh, releasing his hands from her. "Her senatorship is bein' berry pleasin' to the eye. Mesa ahe heard good things about yousa. Come, the feast is upon us."

She followed Nasr across the platform, his profession of dignitaries following in close step with the pair. As they reached a curving incline, Nasr reached out his trunk of an arm and wrapped it around Padmé's hips, drawing her close to him.

"Wesa bein' greatly saddened to not be receivin' the queenie," Nasr rumbled, gazing at Padmé from the corner of his eye - assessing her.

"I can understand your frustration," Padmé conceded, "but Queen - was summoned personally by Chancellor Palpatine. For matters concerning Naboo, I'm sure a wise ruler such as yourself can understand."

Boss Nasr's eyes narrowed at the mention of the Chancellor. "Dat Palpatine is havin' our deep mistrust. His concerns are for the naboo only. Hesa not publicly acknowledging the mighty gungan army in his speeches."

"I have noticed that myself," Padmé admitted, having had to remind the Chancellor numerous times of the fact that multiple sentiment lifeforms inhabited Naboo. Ones that had also shed blood to keep it from the clammy palms of Gunray. "But am I not a suitable replacement for the Queen?"

His grip on her thigh increased as he turned his head to face her, his eyes gliding briefly across her shoulders. "Oyl, moole, moole, a berry good replacement."

She heard the sound of delicate laughter just behind her. Padmé turned her head ever slightly, catching sight of two female gungans giggling amongst themselves, their stalk eyes fixed on her and Boss Nasr. She knew there was more going on than a simple formal reception.

The final curve brought them to a pair of large, intricately detailed doors, almost reaching to the top of the winding tunnel. They swung open with a slight groan, giving sight to the majestic hall within. They stepped inside to the blaring horns announcing their arrival. At either side of the hall were tall, stone statues, depicting some of the gungans most significant ancestors. Each carried the traditional spear of the gungan warrior, their free arms extended upwards to form the supporting arches for the transparent ceiling above. Padmé wondered if Nasr had designs on having his own staute one day standing amongst them.

A wide table extended across the length of the hall, covered in a variety of exotic platters. Fish that only gungans knew how and where to catch. At the head stood two chairs, one standing tall with golden beading running across the outer edge. The other was almost equally as detailed, but its size stood a fair amount shorter than its counterpart.

Nasr led he to the head, where they waited behind the seats for the others to find theirs. Padmé could only surmise that her chair was meant to act as a visual message to her. Once the final gungan took his place Nasr shook his jowls ferociously - a technique he had learned from Boss Nass.

"Wesa gatherin' here today to mark the occasion," Nasr boomed, "but mesa not bein' one for drawin' out speeches when juicy food is sittin' before us. Let the feast begin!"

The sound of chairs scraping filled the hall as the guests rushed to their seats, salivating at the sight of the succulent meals. The waiting staff went to work carving the larger fish and passing out the dishes to every guest, beginning with the pair sitting at the table's head. Nasr busied himself talking with his fellow council members as they ate, almost ignoring Padmë entirely.

A young female gungan sitting close to Padmé took pity. "Greetin's to yousa, senator Amidala. Mesa called Shira."

Padmé replied with a kind smile. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Might it be rude to ask what your role is here?"

"Of course not," Shira shook her head, though quickly blushed, "mesa is what yousa might be callin' a...personal servant to the big Boss."

"Mmm, what are some of your duties for him?" Padmé inquired.

Shira's eyes gazed down slightly, her skin achieving the gungan equivalent of a blush. "It's bein' of a...personal nature. When hesa feelin' the stress my take it away."

Padmé caught onto what Shira was implying, clearing her throat quietly. "He did seem a little too friendly when he first greeted me, but I assumed he was just putting on a display."

Shira smiled shyly. "Boss Nasr isa insatiable. Many of the girls yousa isa seein' serve him in dat way. Not to be sharin' rumours, but mesa hear that Nasr hasa been coupulatin' with some of da naboo."

Padmé recoiled in surprise, her eyes quickly darting over to Nasr. She leaned in to whisper to Shira. "But how? I thought he was absolutely against any form of contact beyond Otoh Gunga?"

Shira smiled a little, planting her hand over Padmé's. "Almost all forms of contact. Isa had my doubts, but seein' de way hesa acts with yousa is givin' some proof."

"Me?" the senator felt her breath hitch. "I'll concede that he's a little over familiar, but that must be the extent of it, right?"

Before Shira could respond, Boss Nasr caught Padmé's attention, placing his meaty hand on her exposed thigh. "Mesa apologisin' for not giving yousa mai full attention. Is this celebratin' to the standard of the naboo?"

Padmé winced slightly as Nasr squeezed her thigh. "Absolutely. The gungan people never fail to put on a good show for their guests. You've been a most generous host."

Nasr's mouth stretched into a cocky grin. "And mesa has been greatly appreciatin' yousa as a guest. When this celebratin' be finished would yousa care to join mesa in the Boss' suite for drinks? Dats where the good stuff is kept."

There it was. Padmé didn't need it spelled out to her what Nasr's goal had been for the night, offering her an overnight stay for the sake of genuine political debate had always seemed to good to be true. She quickly gazed at Shira, who offered her an apologetic smile.

As wise as it would have been to surreptitiously shrug off the Nasr's hand, the politician in her began to see an opportunity. If the rumours were true about Boss Nasr and his encounters with the naboo women were true then there was the possibility of leverage, so long as Padmé could subtly wrap him around her finger.

She reached down and placed her hand on top of his and craned her head close to his ear. "I'd love to."

................

The dinner soon came to an end, with each guest appearing content. Boss Nasr stood and announced his departure and was met by a series of cheers and congratulations from his closest supporters. Padmé followed him out of the hall to a set of repulsor-elevators which were the singular means of accessing the Boss' personal suite.

They entered the elevator and Hasr held out his palm as one of his personal guard made to join them. "Mesa not thinkin' yousa will be needed tonight. Her senatorship doesn't seem the dangerous type."

The guard gave Padmé a once over glance and replied to his Boss with a knowing grin, which Nasr readily returned. He entered his unique code and the door swished closed. Padmé stumbled as the elevator jerked, Nase reached out and supported her, wrapping his hands over her exposed shoulders. She offered him a small thanks before righting herself.

A quick descent brought them to the singular stop. Nasr stepped out and he led the way through a narrow hall, coming to a stop at an ornate door, covered in ancient gungan text. He thrust the doors open and escorted Padmé inside. It was a spacious room, suspended beneath the larger domes of the city, windows extended from the floor until they met at a point above, revealing the beauty of Lake Paonga in all its glory.

It was furnished to serve as both a main office and a living space, with a circular bed embedded into the metal surface of the floor and a chaise lounge sat in front. Nasr walked over to his desk and withdrew a crystal decanter and a pair of drinking flutes, pouring out a modest amount of the orange liquid into each one. He returned to his guest and handed a glass to her.

"Thank you," she swirled the liquid and took in its powerful scent. She took a delicate sip. "It's incredible."

"Unsurprising, " Boss Nasr replied smugly, "wesa not havin' access to great trade routes like da naboo. Wesa appreciate what this planet has to offer and use it. "

Padmé nodded as Nasr had his little diatribe, edging over to his desk as he turned away from her. From her clutch purse, she withdrew a small holo recording device and slipped it beneath the folds of his council related documents.

Nasr lumbered over to the chaise lounge and sat, resting against the arm. He ran his long tongue as Padmé approached him, crossing one arm beneath the other as she took another sip from the glass.

"Boss Nasr? I hope you don't mind if I ask you a somewhat invasive question?"

Nasr waved his hand dismissively. "What's invasive between two esteemed colleagues?"

Padmé twirled her finger over the rim of her flute, watching as a gooberfish fish passed close by. "I heard a rumour from one of your personal assistants about your...taste in women. Specifically, naboo women."

Nasr let out a rumbling laugh, his eyes locked onto Padmé's. "Shira isa serviceable assistant, but her mouth can be loose."

"Oh? So it isn't true," Padmé asked, changing her posture to allow her bare leg to be exposed through the slit of her white gown.

Nasr didn't even attempt to cast his eyes anywhere other than Padmé's leg. "Mesa didn't say that."

The young senator feigned surprise. "Truly? But I assumed -- given your stance on naboo and gungan integration -- that you didn't want any real tangible link between our people?"

"Mmm, mesa think that there are certain exceptions that can be made," Nasr stroked his chin, "and the naboo women never complained. Quite the opposite."

"Would that attraction extend to me?" Padmé breathed.

"Heh, yousa was always the guest mesa wanted to invite. It is no coincidence dat the invitation was sent when da queenie was off world."

She knew she had him, but there had to be something more substantial for the holo-recorder, something Bass Nasr couldn't walk back from if he ever decided to make his bigotry more than posturing. Setting her flute on a close by table, she walked over to Nasr, her hips with a prominent swing to them, Lishai heels clicking against the metal floor.

"Maybe I can understand the allure," she placed her fingers against the clasp of her gown, "after all the wars, the bloody conflicts between our people centuries ago you feel a certain bitterness. Driven from the lush surface above to a underwater metropolis. A new war would be both devastating and futile, my people have chosen the path of peace, but still possess the necessary means of defence. Your people are capable of battle, but have weapons from a bygone era.

"So you take the one thing you can to desecrate my people -- their women. Invite them here to make love to them at the very heart of Otoh Gunga. Your victory comes in making them voice their pleasure as you claim them, spill your seed deep inside. Sending them on their way, back to their families. But that wasn't enough for you, was it?"

Padmé's nimble fingers tightened around the latch holding her dress straps together and twisted, letting the gown cascade from her body and pool around her feet. Nasr's breath stilled, his stalk eyes drank in every inch of her.

12