All Comments on 'Our Love Saga'

by BobbyBrandt

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
elu69elu69over 3 years ago

Thank you for your latest story, more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good.

I appreciate your style(s) of writing, plots and editing ever so much.

Somehow this was “flat” for me, compared to others. Perhaps including the grandson earlier in the story, so the emptiness to come was diminished; or discussion of how the one left behind could happily live after the 1st death in the couple could have helped me engage as deeply as I have with some of your other stories?

The ongoing emphasis in the basic plot of living to provide just for the spouse - perhaps a nice idea but doomed to bring extreme pain for one, unless they also die at the same time. A focus too narrow despite Dora and their dogs, their jobs.

I write all this while feeling deep appreciation for your writing and sharing with us!

Thank you,

Craig

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A good read.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story but I felt it was a little disjointed towards the end as though you didn't quite know how or when to finish it. I will look forward to reading any future work of yours though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I can't believe that this is the same author who wrote "Heavy Traffic" and "His Daddy's Car". Those were outstanding tales. "Our Love Saga" - not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Definitely a saga

Not like your other stories, but there's nothing wrong with branching out from time to time.

It was mentioned that the events all took place in real life, but with different people involved. The way that you spun the tales brought everything together as if the main characters really did experience each event themselves. I could see the same people easily doing all of those things.

I loved the part about naming the cat. Too funny!

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 3 years ago

Several Points to Consider

Thank you for all the wonderful stories you’ve shared with us. This was no exception. I love the length. It’s frustrating to read just a page or two at a time. My preference is for completed stories in a single post like this one. Thank you again. I had hoped we would find out why those neighbors next door had encouraged Linda to cheat with that biker. When you had him pose the question, I thought the answer would be forthcoming. The selection of the Collie pup, Troop, was mentioned but then dropped so we don’t know anything more. If they raised a grandson for eighteen years, seems he deserves more than a couple of paragraphs at the end. There was more discussion of the seashells. I’m guessing that there were quite a few more dogs in the last twenty years or so. I’m sure Travis probably had a dog of his own growing up. He just seems like an afterthought and not particularly pertinent to their Love Saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very engrossing.

I have recently started reading Literotica and found this the most engrossing tale. No erotica per se, but very well done nonetheless. My wife and I are in our late 70's and because of the pandemic, have been forced into retirement in NY. It has been a very rewarding 10 months (bet most old folks forced to be with each other 24/7 don't share our enthusiasm) for us, with me watching more porn and convincing my wife to be more "open" sexually. It helps to still be in love after 30 years of our marriage! I especially agreed with the sentiment in this story of doing everything one can for their partner with no expectation of reciprocity, only love. Thank you!

HTW2HTW2over 3 years ago
Nice read, not great

I’m confused by Brandt - he seems to post in Romance but likes to add 3-some and lesbian elements in to the story. That immediately disappoints me as not really Romance. Especially the scene with Dora. No way in hell a husband would allow their little fantasy without being there or wanting his own show when he got home. Almost stopped reading at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

21 pages of "meh."

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
What have I done?

I just finished a 21 page story. TWENTY ONE f'ing pages. I must have lost my mind. If someone asked me what it was about I would be hard pressed to tell them. My three primary criteria for excellence in a story are: plot, character development and dialog. I have no idea what the plot of this thing was. Oh, yeah it was indeed the life tale of two people who had a rather romantic meeting and love affair. In many of the Literotica stories at this point there's a break and 30-40 years later we pick up the tale at the end of the happy couple's lives. We miss the tedious real estate machinations. We miss the minor ailments. We miss the successes of their careers. We are treated to the concept of family development and the the contentment of the couple as they part company with each other and the world around them. The characters of AJ and Samantha were developed, but I'm not sure it was a smooth development, Dialog OK. The amorous parts of their lives was certainly extensive although (unless I dozed through it) the author missed an opportunity to be explicit with the out-of-character episode of the "threesome" with Dora. This story was vanilla with some chocolate chips and I gave it an appropriate 3* Reading other comments tells me that the author is capable of better so perhaps I'll try another before putting him on my s-list. I could nitpick about the author's ignorance on how to use pronouns (me and I) and how to avoid mixing first and third person ("AJ" did this or that - then "I" did something), but it isn't worth it. Onward...

PrickdickPrickdickover 3 years ago

Different but still excellent from your normal style, bringing out the whole sensitivity parts in you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too close to home

Your Linda could have been my ex wife of 14 years. My daughter and I went through the verbal and emotional abuse, plus the handcuffs of agoraphobia until it became a choice of our life or hers.

Today, we’ve healed, thanks in large part to my wife of 30 years, but the struggles that you portrayed still resonate

I’ve enjoyed your other works and look forward to reading more of your stories

Thanks again

Trailrider13Trailrider13over 3 years ago

As always I enjoyed this story but the not moving to south Texas due to huricanes and then moving to the Florida coast is illogical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
love

wat a roller coaster of a story, loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you 3*

After thoroughly trashing it, you still got 3*. He must have been in a good mood. Usually with such a scathing review you’re lucky to get a 2*.

But I have to admit that 3* was about all I could give it. The story went on and on and never seemed to have a central theme. Agree with comments about pronoun use, punctuation and spelling.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago
Good but long

Bobby,

This is a good story, was well written, had very good characterization, and had some humorous points, but I think calling it a saga was the right choice as you noted in your intro. It is very long and tells the story with a number of points along the way but never reaches a real climax, just an end.

There are the details, lots and lots of details. While that’s good to help establish settings, circumstances, situations, or characterizations, but this seemed to go well beyond that at times, bordering on the mundane. Portions of the details and even some of the minor events (which are little more than details themselves) could be trimmed to make the story more accessible to readers who don’t have the time (or endurance) to read 21 pages here on the site.

Finally, I enjoyed AJ as a character for the first half or so of the story, but not as much after the incident that involved the envelope with the photo. I was expecting something smoother that would put the guy in his place (like with the family’s return flight ticket! Funny!) rather than what appeared to happen. That was never really resolved in my mind and hung over the rest of the story after that.

In the end, I’m glad it worked out as it did, and I liked the ending for them. Thanks for writing and sharing.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Good But Long Saga

For a contest too long but overall an excellent story although a little dragged out at the end.

Yes there were a few grammatical errors but in this day and age not enough to disrupt my enjoyment.

5 stars.

golasgilgolasgilabout 3 years ago
Gave up

I'm as dedicated a reader of Romances as the next person but I'm afraid this became sheer drudgery and I gave up at about page 13. There were really interesting pieces throughout but so much detail about unimportant stuff that didn't move the story forward. And yet on some of the areas that were really interesting (the night with Dora for example) you just left and ignored it. I think there is a good, if -much- shorter, story in here. Maybe what interests you just doesn't interest me? I'd strongly suggest you find an editor and be open minded about their suggestions.

jlg07jlg07about 3 years ago

Good story, but the whole sex with Dora part ruined a good part of my feelings about the story. Aj already said HE wouldn't allow his wife to be shared with dira and her husband because he wouldn't want the other guy seeing her naked, yet he was ok with sending him pics? A guy away from his wife for months is ok letting his wife cheat on him (doesn't matter that it was a woman, it's cheating)?

Aj also seemed to have very littke emotion

jlg07jlg07about 3 years ago

Sorry hit send before i finished my comments!

"Aj also seemed to have very littke emotion" should have been

Aj also seemed to have very little emition that his wife was cheating on him, that she screwed him out of a ton of money, and that he basically lost his kids due to her influence. Any normal person would be pretty upset.

pe1erpe1erabout 3 years ago
Too long for a single posting

This was far too long to be a single posting. If it hadn't been by BobbyBrandt, an author whose work I have previously found extremely enjoyable and is one of my Favorite Authors, I would just have ignored it when I saw it was 21 pages.

Unlike most of your stories it seemed to have a very weak, almost non-existent plot, but it was as well written as earlier stories of yours that I've read. I think you would be better sticking to the type of Novel you've written in the past, rather than branching out to Romance.

Sorry to be so negative about a story by an author whose work I generally much admire.

HragsHragsover 2 years ago

I just finish reading all 21 pages. Took me 4 nights, reading a few pages at a time. A fantastic story. I could have read more pages. It was that much fun !!!! O by the way. I went college in Myrtle beach IN 1975. It was USC- COASTAL BACK THEN. IT IS COASTAL CAROINA UNIVERSITY NOW. I REMAND LIVING THERE FOR 25 YRS.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

This story was quite a saga. I wish that I had the kind of understanding and vision show by your characters and obviously the author. I'm not sure any couple has what the two main characters in this story had. All I can say is thank you for wonderful story. I wished I head read stories like this over 60 years. Now pushing 80 I spent my life being a mechanic and most of what I did was to that end. I and others could definitely us some instructions on dealing with relationships. If we had that there would be far fewer divorces. This writer is one fine author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with dgfergie And comments about flat emotions. Mixing deep intellectual understandings of relationships with passionate feelings seems more characteristic of your other stories, as compared with this.

HOWEVER: I write this following an enjoyable 3rd read of this story.

Thank You.

Craig

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Noice… very nice story to read. And YES… family can be that screwed up. It is two bad that both of them had screwed up families. Just ask my wife about her family. I thank God my family is mostly sane and have lots of common sense. Thank-you for this read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

LOL. It's a bit much to leave your husband and go spend a weekend with another man. She never did prove she didn't get slipped some D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How is this romance when they are cheaters.

Long pathetic drivel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Samantha gets what Samantha wants.

BrasskittyBrasskittyabout 1 year ago

thanx for the story, has AJ met Sean Wallace or Avery English. The emotional tension is really sensable and in the ongoing story the base for further desicions. I love your style of story telling.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

I guess he beleived her that she was to stupid to know Scott wanted in her pants when she flew off to be with him.

Then instead of heading home she got a motel room when he kept trying to get her in the sack. Of course Scott wasn't with her.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Well, I’ve given you a hard time elsewhere about writing Mary Sue characters, and this was nothing like that. I imagine you wanted to explore the rhythm of a relationship, and that’s OK with me. Your prose is good, except for occasional pronoun problems, so I just read and walk. Length no problem. It would be nice to get deeper into their personalities. Still, you do a good job of conveying how little we might understand even someone we have loved for years. Not every story needs to save the world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBobbyBrandt@BobbyBrandt
1341 Followers
I have ventured off into some new literary territories lately, such as publishing my first middle-grade adventure story, which you will not see published on Literotica. I also have a dystopian adventure romance in the works, but since I don't post any part of a story until i...

SIMILAR Stories