All Comments on 'Our Story'

by PerfessorYessir

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
NegateGivityNegateGivity12 months ago

I liked it. I saw the twist coming on page 1, but it was still a good story. Your characters were embarrassed by their actions, but they owned them. One question though, How did the affair with Patricia end?

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

That was interesting. 5* for the writing. The material was very uncomfortable because there was a lot of hurtful, damaging truths in it.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne12 months ago

Saw that one coming, but well done.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9912 months ago

What worthless pieces of shit. Both cheated and don't really regret their cheating. If they got back together they would just cheat again. Being so called honest is just another way to hurt the other ex-spouse Their kid deserves better parents

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lovely. The nuances of the lovers' relationship are very accurately described. One can feel that the author has experienced it himself.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny12 months ago

I saw where this was going right before dessert and was hoping I was wrong. She also lied as the most hurtful things wasn't that she woulda left him for her ex, but that she would only fuck her husband while thinking about the douchey ex. Why would they even get back together when all they spoke about was how miserable they were when married to each other.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good concept, clean execution. Maybe 25% too long for the material. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This author's definition of the word 'short' clearly differs wildly from my own. The only thing more excessive than the length of this story was the pornographic level of details of each of the characters' affairs while omitting more important details such as how the narrator got caught and the shit show that followed that. Why, when recounting the story of an adulterous affair is it necessary to go into how many times the cheaters fucked, how many orgasms they had, what positions they did it in, whether she swallowed, etc, etc? It was a good concept with a clever twist at the end but it fell short for me because there was too much focus on the wrong things.

Jaydean409Jaydean40912 months ago

Great story, enjoyed reading it, wish I could write like that!! 5*!!

looking4itlooking4it12 months ago

At some point early on, I had pretty much surmised where the story was going to be heading. I did appreciate the fact that they shared their cheating story with each other and thought that was a novel way to go about giving details about the affairs. Thanks for writing and posting the story, I enjoyed it.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper698912 months ago

Thought provoking, I wonder how the emotions would have been if we knew they had been husband and wife.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

Solid five-star story at the end. This one had that O'Henry feel; a true surprise ending. Thanks and I look forward to more of your work.

miket0422miket042212 months ago

I was going to say this story was thought provoking and unique but, it left me emotionally flat.

The ending changed my whole perspective. Did not see that one coming. Maybe I should have but, I didn't at all.

rnebularrnebular12 months ago

As anon stated, was pretty easy to figure they were each other's ex. I disagree with anon in that in the context of this conversation, they wouldn't need to share details of how they got caught, etc, as they would already know those details. What they probably didn't share during the divorce was the details they shared over dinner. I enjoyed this, a very different outlook on a pair of humans that have both made mistakes. Thank you for sharing.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters12 months ago

I didn't really see where it was going until the last page, sad story, how life gets when we don't communicate, i hope they get back together.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc12 months ago

Oh that was good! I did NOT see that coming despite the posted lead in. 5+*

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy12 months ago

I can only compliment this story as highly as is possible. Your technical abilities are top notch (there is one typo I caught: you used "down" when you probably meant "town." I am impressed with the concept itself. It is a rational explanation of motivations and very believable. The twist is perfectly timed.

Jlyn1Jlyn112 months ago

I give five stars for the surprise at the end. Well done.

des911des91112 months ago

Great scenario; very well written and with a lovely twist. I didn't see that one coming. Well done and thank you

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You got me.... didn't see it coming. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Might as well be an ex spouse conversation without a "twist". It can be seen from miles away

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Even though it wasn't a complete surprise it was a good twist at the end that nicely pulled the whole story together.

Not really sure what the previous poster expected from a site called literotica, but for me it was a really good balance of detail and erotica and it definitely falls under the short story category. I liked the way the need to go into the boring details of the divorce was made totally redundant by the fact that they were the couple.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good stuff. Well written. 5* without question.

Th7thson1951Th7thson195112 months ago

really good twist at the end! i liked it!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer12 months ago

Interesting and well presented. But a divorced couple wouldn't have had a discussion the way it went. Not with that amount of detail. Sp, they both cheated because each found their relationship boring and unadventurous.

Meaning, poor communication with both being at fault. So, when they didn't mention how the husband was found cheating, my suspicions were confirmed. Great premise though. Loneliness drove them back together. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Totally dislikable main characters, both. 1*

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

3 stars because they at least divorced. However, they both should have bought lottery tickets, because that is how impossible these types of coincidences actually happen. One chance in a million possibilities.

Frank66Frank6612 months ago

Very well written, very interesting dialogue, completely believable characters; enjoyed this one a lot. BUT, some say they saw the ending coming (they lie), I did not. Part of the reason I didn't was how they both enjoyed doing things with their cheating friends that they wouldn't do with their respective spouses. But the spouses were the same; how could both enjoy oral sex apart, but not together? Was there such a disconnect in their marriage? Seems impossible, but still a good read.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wow didn’t see it coming great ending. Fist 3 pages were kinda slow and tiring. But the build up was worth the ending. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very nice. Great to see something a bit different.

.

That said, was hard to like either MC. Both cheated. And the reasons were banal. Ordinary. His affair was, arguably, more egregious and less “justified” than hers.

.

But a novel way to clear the air. Not sure that the fundamental reasons for the cheating and divorced were addressed, much less resolved, though.

.

4 ****

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion12 months ago

5-Stars. I don't know why or what made me think it, but somehow, I knew it was either the ex's talking to each other or the ex's spouses. It was long and slow reading, but it was worth it. Very nice tale. If it was real, I would hope that they make it this time. Love takes time and work to keep it alive and thriving. The hardest part of loving someone is living with them. This story is a great example of that bit of wisdom. Thanks for writing it.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

This was my second reading today and I enjoyed it immensely. I would give it another 5 star mark.

What I would like to read is a prequel and a sequel to round out their lives and my curiosity.

Thanks again.

OOAAOOAA12 months ago

AMAZING STORY!!!!!! Brutal and fantastic twist at the end!!! 5 stars totally deserved!

katibkatib12 months ago

You gave it away with the first comment about cheesecake. Wonderful story, well written, a delight.

njlaurennjlauren12 months ago

Decent tale, I found the descriptions a bit long. However, in the context of the story this made sense, bc they were doing what you need to do in a reconciliation, be brutally honest. The thing is the reason they both cheated is so common, it isn't the martian slut Ray or the pig husband, it is they stopped appreciating each other and instead instead of having special moments together, they did it with others. The husband was honorable in that he admitted he had had an affair rather than blaming her. In the end they divorced bc they realized they were both screwed up, that where they stood it wouldn't work

They needed to.be apart to realize what they missed in each other..I think too with the telling of the truth they realized they wanted the same things&,in many ways never told each other.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprise12 months ago

Great story I hope there is a sequel I would love to know what happens in the near future

Loved it

Darren

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I shoulda seen it coming, really, but I didn't. Great ending. Up until the last 2 paragraphs it was difficult seeing the point of such detailed disclosures and I thought it was just a stroke story, then the light came on at the end. Loved it.

rmdoffcrmdoffc12 months ago

Ahahaha, great twist! You got me here)

5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I did see it coming and was not surprised by the ending, that they were ex's. I believed it could have gone either, by, by, or maybe try again.

If they had had that chat about how they felt about their marriage earlier, they may not have cheated. Still a most enjoyable story and well put together. And well worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very nice story, well thought out, great ending. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I had a feeling that was how it was going to end. Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I was really hating this story, until the last line.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I had the feeling that the twist at the end was where this story was headed and I wasn't disappointed. Lucky guess I suppose. 5 stars for a well written piece! Is the lesson of the tale better the cheater you know than the one that you don't?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done.

bobareenobobareeno12 months ago

Went to a 4, but then upped it to 5. I liked the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

it turned me on knowing that his cum would be in my belly later on when I’d kiss my husband-OUCH

Love your writing style not really used to your level of good writing here on literotica site. I was one of many who really did not expect that ending. Bravo to you PERFESSORYESSIR!!!

Can you please provide a reason for the ending of the Patrice and the husband’s affair? Thx for the story…

Dare

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well that..

...was long - for what it was. Like driving two states over to go grocery shopping. To be fair I only read the first page and skimmed the last. Maybe it was really good.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

ehh not my cup of tea. So do i understand correctly that the husband actually had two affairs? Im confused why they described each other as being boring in bed and then were adventurous with others? Maybe i just need to re-read it lol

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A good effort, but too contrived and scripted; didn't seem real or natural. Your characters performed like they were performing, knowing they were playing a prank on the readers, and that's how it read. What they said and what they didn't say seemed awkward and affected, like they knew they were being listened to and didn't want to give away the punch line to whomever was listening. So of course the main plot device was telegraphed way ahead of the ending, and for no other reason than to tweak the readers' noses. It was that obvious, and therefor obnoxious.

\

Interestingly I couldn't care less about the characters' lives or futures. They cheated on their spouses, grossly, and almost reveled in the retelling. And now they are supposed to be more virtuous, mature, responsible? Why, and for how long? They successfully betrayed and abandoned their marriage for months, without the other spouse discovering until some mistake was made. So why couldn't/wouldn't they do it again? They had jack shit for justification the first time, what makes them more reliable or trustworthy now? Good or bad, they both deserve whatever the future brings. No sequel needed.

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

Interesting but yuk!

4* and I guessed the premise but It was pretty original and well written.

PowersworderPowersworder12 months ago

A clever idea for a story.

Unfortunately, them getting back together would be a terrible idea. They both cheated on each other, so there'd be a ton of emotional baggage attached to a future relationship.

There are millions of single women looking for a man. It just sounded to me like he gave up on dating too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The only sympathetic people are Patricia's husband and the ex-wife of the main anti-hero. The rest of the characters are licentious, immoral, cheating, selfish people. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loved it! Based on many of the other comments , I may be the only reader who did not see what was coming at the end

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

All through the story it was a 3stars for a little long drawn out ok conversations and mildly erotic sex. Then bang great ending made it a 4stars almost 5. I liked the inferred message of the story that they both learned to put in work into their marriage instead of putting the effort into cheating.

Schwanze1Schwanze112 months ago

Great turn of events. Great conversation. Both on equal footing. One helluva yarn. Story is an IQ test. If you don’t like it, you’re a dumbass

Schwanze1Schwanze112 months ago

Sympathetic people? What are you a teenage girl? Who were the sympathetic figures in some of Poe’s work? What a twat.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I really liked it. This is a very different approach, something unique. I was surprised at the end. Really good job. I felt that they both have sincerely grown and learned from their mistakes. It felt real and honest and human. A gem for me... Quick question, we have a hint of why they divorced, but we don't know how the affair with Patrice ended.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I didn’t suspect until just a couple paragraphs from the end. Well written and thoughtfully done. Thanks.

TrustingagainTrustingagain12 months ago

I guess I wasn’t surprised the it was the Ex’s going out on the date. But I really enjoyed the story. Although I don’t believe he would have gone on another date with her.

Based on the conversation his affair seemed to have stopped long before hers and hers would have been too fresh to believe in reconciliation. Not that his was any better, two wrongs and all that, but it would have been a fresh.

ibuguseribuguser12 months ago

Well written story. And a surprise at the end.

5*

PerfessorYessirPerfessorYessir12 months agoAuthor

I'd like to thank everybody for taking the time to comment on this story - even those of you who didn't like it. I'm truly grateful for all of you who took the time to write down your thoughts.

Russ43Chandler mentioned that this reminded him a bit of O Henry (now, THERE was a guy who could write, hopeless alcoholic though he was). I'm a fan.

Many of you seemed to be completely turned off by the fact that the narrator and his date both cheated on one another. Quite understandably, for many folks this is so great a betrayal that there's no coming back from it I respect you if that's where you're coming from, but it seems to be that a lot of the stories in the Loving Wives category involve cheating spouses at some level, so I'm wondering why some of you are reading these stories?

As others observed, this is a case where two people failed to communicate in their marriage, even after they both began to feel resentful toward the other. In a sense, they found it easier to communicate with others than with each other, for reasons I tried to have the narrator explain in the story. He cheated because he felt ignored and frozen out by his wife. She cheated because she felt she wasn't listened to or paid attention to. From the reading I've done on cheating spouses, these seem to be common feelings. Non-communication, resentments that aren't addressed, and then giving in to what's seen as an ideal situation with an outsider.

One or two of you wondered if I had personal experience with a situation like this. Maybe... It's at least partially informed by things I've gone through. And, because of that, I think I can tell you all exactly how the affair between Patrice and the narrator ended...

As it turned out, Patrice was actually quite involved with her church. In fact, she and her husband used to teach Sunday school together. If the narrator felt increasing guilt throughout their affair, Patrice felt it even more acutely. Eventually, she confessed the affair to her priest. She received absolution, but with the caveat that she end the affair immediately and have no more contact with the narrator. She obeyed, for the most part. Twenty years later they did have a brief conversation in which she admitted that she still thought of him frequently.

Even though we like our stories neat and tidy, life is messy, and love is messy.

mac1729mac172912 months ago

Nicely done. I was kind of thinking about half way through that they might have been married and were now each other ex,. but it was still a well told story

Thanks for writing

jblogsjblogs12 months ago

Wow - did not see that coming - well done!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I’m surprised some people were surprised at the ending, I’d figured it out quite early into the story, it was pretty obvious by the time he was confessing his affair. No way a fellow cheater would be annoyed at the details of his affair when aged also cheated unless she was in some way involved.

Good story, but not a surprise but you just think they’re a pair of idiots, neither of them made an effort to communicate their feelings to the other instead confiding and seeking comfort with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Brilliant. Didn’t see that coming.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon12 months ago

Well-written story, thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very nicely done

rustynail95rustynail9512 months ago

No 12inch cocks, no 38DDD breasts draped in flowing blonde hair? No seething rage of betrayal and promises of no return? No hard suspension of disbelief?

This is just a painful story of two people trying to put their lives back together. How un LW.!!! In truth, the author deserves ten stars for this one. The sex was a bit overdone, but all the pain and the love was riveting. One of the best l have read on this site. Bravo! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I feel sorry for Patrice's husband, poor guy doesn't know he lives with a promiscuous bitch who doesn't respect him and whose place is in hell

He's the only person who inspires sympathy

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done. You didn't telegraph the ending. Very well played.

And honestly... I think they worked out a therapy that any counselor would be jealous of. A brave, honest, sincere attempt to heal the wounds.

As far as characters go... I hope they make it.

And now they might be a little more adventurous.

nestorb30nestorb3012 months ago

Very good , excellent in fact.

Thank you for writing

TonyspencerTonyspencer12 months ago

Excellent. Didn’t see that coming. I read it through again and have to say this was very done. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don’t think that I’ve read anything similar, so kudos for that. The author had dropped enough bread crumbs that I fully expected the twist at the end. So, it was a well written and well crafted story. When it was possible that they were just strangers talking about their pasts, their stories did evoke an emotional response. However, once it became clear that they had been the other’s cheated on spouse, I “heard” their stories in a different and far more emotional way. That, to me, bespoke a masterful author.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

And Patrice's husband and Rob's wife just get shit on. That, at least, is true to life. The rest, not so much. They both mention the need to find someone to trust. How can they possibly think they've found it in each other?

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban12 months ago

Didn't see that end coming.... It really made me think about the story from a different perspective. Well done!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree12 months ago

You could say ...

... these two deserve each other.

They certainly don't deserve relationships

with good, honest people.

The plot was strong, with a good ending.

But the content was uniteresting.

2 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I was reading along thinking a 4 rating, til I got to the end.

That moved it up the scale.

lc69hunterlc69hunter12 months ago

Love this. Clearing the air

maninconnmaninconn11 months ago

I kind of saw that coming with the “what’s the best and worse” questions. But very well done with a real loving wife story.

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

Can anyon3e write a story without the dot dot dots. Load it into a text reader and listen to it and I hope you feel embarrassed. For us that enjoy listening to the stories that have vision problems have to remove the dot dot dots. Now every time I read a Novel I thank the True Authors for not including dot dot dots. I don't think that their fans would purchase it if there were dot dot dots. They serve no purpose, only in your minds. A pause? Really? I thought that was left to the reader! Oh well, readers should keep a list, like I do, and just ignore their stories.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

Schwanz really liked it. You got that going for you.

PerfessorYessirPerfessorYessir11 months agoAuthor

RanDog025 - Thank you for your comment, and for a different perspective on the use of ellipses (the dot dot dot that you dislike). I'm a little confused, because my use of ellipses seems to make you angry, but you did add my story to your Favorites list. So, thank you for that.

To clarify, the ellipses is a separate punctuation mark, and it has a different use than the others. It doesn't just indicate a pause, but rather speech that trails off or speech that is interrupted. The speaker clearly has more to say but is either interrupted or loses his train of thought - something like that. If your text reader is rendering it as "dot dot dot", which is annoying, I'd submit that it's a problem with the text reader itself. It should recognize and be able to handle all accepted punctuation.

RTR10RTR1010 months ago

Great story! I usually see those twists coming a mile away but this one was superbly written & legitimately shocked me at the end. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I just HAD to read this story again after learning at the end that these 2 were ex’s to each other. It made interpolating the series of conversations much more interesting.

.

What seemed to be missing, frankly, was any real indication as to what motivated either party to cheat — other than some nebulous sense of having “drifted” from each other in the marriage. Hubby’s cheating was much more premeditated and intentional…and came much earlier in the marriage. Her cheating was less “intended”, but more significant in that she actually had hoped that it would lead to a permanent liaison. Both cheaters cheated with other married cheaters…quite the moral mess!

.

Really can’t see why either would want to get back together with each other. As revealed near the end, the divorce happened because her cheating was discovered, and for some reason, hubby confessed to his affair. I guess mutually assured destruction? So several years go by, and hubby wants to get back with his ex? WTF? But that setup did make for an extremely interesting and origal tale. Although, frankly —- not sure how either of them after hearing the details of the respective affairs would want ANYTHING to do with the other.

.

But such a well written story. Easy 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think people expecting some amazing insight as to why people cheat is like expecting the same for why people fall in love. It just happens, and that's the worry for all couples, Sure there are things that can make it more likely but ultimately it's a bit of a crap shoot. If you marry a sociable good looking person that enjoys sex and is frequently in a position of opportunity it could happen, even more so if they have little to lose and/or are unhappy..

AethurAethur6 months ago

A great story. Thanks for sharing it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

what a twist loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nope, cheaters are weak cowards whose self-entitlement and narcissism only show no love or respect for anyone but themselves. Making them main characters immediately ruined the story, as I've no respect for, nor want to hear their bs justifications. So the story gets what cheaters get from me a 1 hate and contempt.

PerfessorYessirPerfessorYessirabout 2 months agoAuthor

I'm sorry that you didn't like my story, and it certainly seems as if you've been hurt very badly by a cheating partner at some point in the past. For that, you have my sympathy. You have the freedom to rate any story in any way you wish based on any criterion, but it certainly seems as if your contempt for my story is based solely on the subject matter and not on the quality of the writing, the plotline, etc. I am curious, though, given your strong reaction to cheating partners, why you'd choose to read stories in the Loving Wives category. Yes, this category does include stories of swingers and those who give their partners permission to play, but a large portion of the stories you find here will be about cheaters. Maybe another category would suit you better? In any event, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

FlamethrowFlamethrowabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the concept of two exes meeting and opening up this way as a sort of therapy for them and a first move to perhaps getting back together, but I twigged that they were the two exes midway through the first page so it lacked impact when the “twist” was revealed.

Damned good story though and thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of the best!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPerfessorYessir@PerfessorYessir
Educator, writer, reader, reviewer, comedian, husband, father, full-throated Yankees & Giants fan, liberal, humanitarian, & lifelong, creative dom.

SIMILAR Stories