All Comments on 'Our Town'

by BonnevilleFlats

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
txcoatl1970txcoatl1970about 12 years ago
Splendidly rendered portrait of realistic incest

I love mother-son romances, but this smother-mother and meek son gig between Allan and his mother is harsh, manipulative, judgmental, and abusive centered around Rebecca getting exactly what she wants without really consulting or considering Allan on the matter.

Of course, this is just the early years and it MAY become a more equal partnership, but something tells me.Rebecca's throwing her weight around stifles Allen's emotional and sexual growth.until he gets pissed enough to assert himself.

The hotel scene wasn't hot. It was sad, creepy, and made me nauseous.

I'm going to get flamed for this, b/c I dig incest fantasy a lot. Parent-child incest in reality rarely is a healthy thing for both parties. Both parties have to respect and love each other, but the parent carries a spectacular burden of having to constantly reevaluate what kind of partner the child can be.

BonnevilleFlatsBonnevilleFlatsabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you for reading the story and your comments

As I said in the intro, this story is an attempt to use the sort of restrictions forced upon pulp fiction writers by editors during the period after WWII but before the sexual revolution of the late 1960's. Publishers were concerned about getting these books into drug stores and newstands so, despite the lurid cover illustrations and scandalous subject matter, the stories were not only far less explicit than the covers promised but also had to suggest a moral stance in keeping with the times. I have never seen a mother/son incest pulp fiction novel from this period but the idea of writing a story using these restrictions intrigued me. The idea of the story being narrated by people who knew or witnesssed the principle characters instead of using the third person struck me as exactly the sort of gimmick a 1950's era pulp erotica author would have used to get around the censors.

When reading the story keep in mind that you are hearing is another character's perspective, not Rebecca or Allan's. These narrators are not always reliable or objective. They have their own agendas. Also, remember that a 1950's writers of pulp erotica had to speak out of both sides of their mouths. On one hand, they had to write a titulating story about forbidden sex. On the other hand they had to express an opinion that engaging in this sort of behavior is tragic.

Yes, I agree that the hotel scene is more creepy than hot. The lifeguard telling that part of the story is a pretty creepy guy and after writing this I don't think I am ever going to attempt any hot tub hanky panky at a hotel if a lifeguard is on duty.

I do not expect this story series to be popular among the majority of readers on this site. Though it is set in the years between 1980 and 2010 it uses a narrative approach that was common between 1945 and 1968. Subjecting myself to these restrictions made the story a whole lot of fun to write and I will be submitting the second part in a day or so. Thanks again for reading the story and posting your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Please keep writing!

I loved the storyline and pace! Now I want to just keep reading more about them. Maybe from a first person point of view. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this is brilliantly written, but...

I agree with the last commenter. The mother is a totally manipulating bitch, and Allan is a wimp for going along with her plans. Good son-into-mom incest is where the boy is a real boy--self-confident and in charge, sticking his prick up his mother's cunt because he's the young cock-toter and the balls-bearer and that's what he wants to do. Of course, he wants his mommy to cum like crazy, and she does--on her boy's powerful prick and she knows it. When he blows his hot young balls inside his mother it's for their mutual pleasure and mutual joy.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Enjoyed the Skewed Back to Future Quality

A modern documentary vantage point looking back at distant long past imbroglio. Oh for a time machine, I'd want Hitchcock to direct and Meryl Strep circa 2000 to play the mom.

Maybe Karen Black would work, back in her Milf heyday, if you want it to get really weird. Nice impersonal tone maintained despite increasingly tawdry incidents compiled from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sad but realistic story

The story is not funny nor sexy. It is rather the report of sick incest relation. Often incest in this site are funny and sexy. Without reality in fact. More fantasy. But this one is dark since seems real. I knew such relation. I don’t imagine there was sex but control of parent over the kid and adult. In this novel, there is not positive pleasure nor joy. For sure the mother is destroying her son. And I can understand why these relationship are forbidden. The story is very well written. Just the it should rather be placed in mind control more incest (as per literotica actual classification indeed)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous