Out In The Hay

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
magmaman
magmaman
2,705 Followers

Those were intended to be light and designed to protect her from the Sun.

"I am Carlita, do you have any work? I will work very hard for you, senor." She said with a hopeful smile.

"Just you? Where is your man?" Dan asked. He saw families regularly, he seldom saw women with children by themselves.

"My sons, Marcos, Juan, Pepe, they work very good." She looked directly at him.

"You know I cannot hire children, only adults." He told her, looking with suspicion at the three very young children.

The littlest one looked to be perhaps 5, the oldest maybe 8 or 9 years old.

Very often the children worked side by side in the fields, adding to the total production of their family. Dan was used to that, he could tell them all day long that the children were not supposed to work, they would anyway.

"You will hire only me then, please?"

Dan knew what she meant, the children would work with her, it was just the way things were.

He didn't see a problem with that since he grew up that way himself, but there was the government and rules now in the world. To his point of view, the families made those decisions as to if their children helped them in the fields, but still if they were far too young Dan didn't want them out there laboring in the hot Sun.

"Please, sir, we need very badly to work." He saw her eagerness, the slightly quivering lip.

Dan shrugged, asked her for her papers. He was a bit surprised when she produced documents. Those were very likely false, but they met what he was required to see so he handed them back to her with a nod.

"Do you want one of the cabins?" He asked her. Those were all just one room with a bathroom, but he already had a few of them with couples and larger children. In one of the storage sheds he kept small cots, that way the children were not forced to sleep on the wooden floors.

"We live in the van." She told him.

Dan did charge a small rental for those without trailers or motor homes, enough to pay for the power and maintenance, but many avoided even that and just lived out of their vehicles.

"OK." He told her, showing her where to park.

+++

The next day she was out in the fields, working on her knees around the young Corn plants.

Dan had a crew of nearly a dozen out there, the day was hot.

It was hard work, but there was no other way to do it and not disturb the still small plants.

Dan watched as her three young children worked with her, he shook his head. Some things were just the way they were, every row finished added to the day's pay.

Early afternoon he went out to check, the crew were taking their mid day siesta like they always did.

Carlita was still working down one of the long rows, her children were now over in the shade resting. Dan was glad for that. But he could see that she was very hot, and her clothing was soaked with sweat from the Sun.

Reaching into his truck, he picked up a thermos filled with ice water, walked over to her and handed it to her.

She smiled and took it, then looked up at him.

"Gracious, senor." She said.

"Maybe you need to take a break? Siesta?"

"No, I am fine." Dan noticed her English was actually pretty good.

"You really should, I don't want you to get heat stroke." He told her.

"I need the money, senor. My boys need the food." She looked at him in a manner that was almost pleading. He looked over at the three boys resting, the oldest could not have been more than 9.

At his glance, the three boys got up at once and headed back out into the field. All three of them were painfully slender.

That was when he realized, they were hungry. He was used to people desperate to work, so many that crossed the border and showed up hoping.

Many of them were men or women alone, but sometimes there were families.

But these were very small boys.

Dan sighed, went to his truck and drove back to his house. Inside, he made a huge platter of sandwiches, enough for his entire crew, then went and grabbed the two big Watermelons he had purchased in town, planning on having some of it for his dinner.

He also threw a case of soda pop into a cooler he filled with ice.

The other men were filing towards the field when he drove back up, he saw the three boys now out there working.

He signaled the crew, then when the woman looked up but kept on working, he sent Carlos who was his crew boss out to get her. There was some discussion but she finally stood up and came over to the truck, her three young ones right behind her.

Once again the boys formed a line and stood there quietly.

He handed each of her boys a thick sandwich, then gave her one. Their eyes widened and they instantly began to eat. Dan smiled to himself when a happy look flashed across her face. The rest of the men and women, and a few older children didn't need to be asked, they stepped up and joined right in.

Dan did notice that as her boys ate, Carlita's eyes dampened, then she reached out and gently stroked the youngest one's head.

She saw him glance at her and turned quickly to hide it.

Each one of the boys came to him and said "Gracious" without prompting from her. Dan handed them each a slab of the melon, and a cool soda. That also seemed to delight them, he watched as they ate, spitting out the seeds at each other and giggling.

Several times he happened to look up, and saw her quickly glance away. Then one of the men produced a guitar and things got pretty rambunctious.

That afternoon turned out to be fun, one of those days that turned into a small happy party mostly on impulse.

Dan felt pretty good that night as he patted his Dog Sam. She went to her usual place at the foot of the bed, he turned out the night light and went to bed.

Tomorrow would be back to the work.

+++

By the end of the next week the fields were done, of course some of the crew stayed on, starting over since the weeds returned like always. The rest he moved to the next big field, sending Carlos to ramrod that group.

But the weeds were not as thick the 2nd time around, so he kept Carlita and her boys for working in the first field. It saved them the mile long walk back and forth, he still felt mildly guilty at them working so hard all day.

One evening he was sitting on his porch sipping a beer when he looked up and saw her coming. She had on a flowery dress and she looked really nice. It was getting close to 8:30, and just beginning to get dark so he was surprised to see her.

"Hi, Carlita. Do you need something?" He asked her when she stopped a few feet away.

"I came to ask you if you would like to come over tomorrow evening for a meal?" She asked him.

That was another surprise, in all of the years none of the workers had ever invited him to dinner.

"I suppose, well, sure, I guess so." He answered.

She couldn't be interested in him, not that way. She was at least 25, perhaps 30 years younger than he was.

"Gracias! You have been so kind to us, I wish to do something nice for you, senor."

"Well, that will be nice, and you can call me Dan, OK?" He grinned.

"Si. Gracious, senor..I mean...Dan." She blushed slightly, then left.

Dan chuckled to himself, wondering what his Father would think of him going over to the camp section for dinner.

He could not remember that ever happening.

+++

Carlita served Tacos, some kind of dish with beans and cheese, and a delicious black bread. She had a sturdy card table and two folding chairs, her three boys sat over under a nearby tree and ate quietly.

"Your young ones are sure well behaved." Dan mentioned at one point.

"I simply speak to them, teach them the importance of being respectful." She smiled at his compliment.

It was mostly just a pleasant evening, good conversation. Dan told her about growing up on the ranch, then he asked her about her husband.

Carlita's face flushed, then she told him that her husband went with the bad men and something happened, he did not return. So she took her sons and came north to try and save them from that.

Of course that meant that her documents were false.

Then she realized what she had said, her face reddened and she looked down.

"Relax, it's fine." He reached over and patted her hand.

+++

The crop was good, with the government mandate on Alcohol fuels the price was good, too. For the first time in many seasons Dan had money left over, enough for the next year's planting and more.

In all of the years he could remember, they had to borrow capital from the local bank. Dan counted carefully, it was enough. If the next year was good, it meant even more cash on hand.

Dan did feel that it was silly using food resources for fuel supplies, since the result was increased prices for the food product.

But there was nothing he could do about that, so he just sold his production and went back to work.

He had done well in the fresh market also, the lower fields were planted to Corn for food and the local grocery chain had taken a few box car loads.

By then he was wanting to keep Carlita around, so he set up a small U-pick operation and put her to taking care of that. He managed to figure out how to place the ad on an online advertising website at Carlita's suggestion and that worked far beyond what he expected. She knew very little about computers but she knew far more than he did, as he discovered quickly. Between the two of them they figured that part out.

Every evening she walked over and handed him a wad of cash, all counted and everything written down on a sheet of paper. Dan could see the little stand he had built down by the main road, there was a solid stream of cars coming in and going out.

The two larger boys he put to work down in the barns when the hay bales came in and since both worked as hard as any of the men did he paid them the same wages.

It was fun to watch them, the big bales were too heavy for one so they just ganged up on them, the two of them handling each one with ease.

The youngest one, Pepe, he sent to carry water to the crews.

Breaking the law? Of course he was, and he didn't give a damn. It was possible that government might come in and raid his place, although that had never happened. He also knew they would mostly all be right back in a week or two anyway.

+++

When Fall comes every year, the work always changed from planting and harvesting to making repairs and keeping the stock well fed.

There normally was no need for a large crew, Dan usually kept Carlos on and a helper or two and that was it.

Carlita came by to say goodbye and thank him again for being so kind. Once again she wore the pretty dress, he suspected it was the only one she owned.

Dan realized right at that moment that he did not want her to go. It had been in the deepest recesses of his mind all along.

"Carlita, I want you to stay. Please stay! I mean....." Dan felt himself blush at blurting that out like that.

"Stay?" She looked puzzled.

"Yes! I mean, I...uhh...I have been looking for a..uhh..housekeeper. I was thinking, would you like the job?" He made that up on the spur of the moment.

Dan felt his face redden even more. He was hoping she didn't think that meant what he had just made it sound like.

"Oh. Really? I would like that very much, but my sons....?"

"The house has four bedrooms, you can put one in each of...I mean, maybe the two youngest can...uhhh...double up?"

She looked at him, a sly smile crossed her lips as his face flamed even more.

"I can even build on, put in a new bedroom, it would be easy to do...Maybe use one of the cabins...?" He told her, trying to save himself from added embarrassment.

Dan's face was flaming, he was concerned that she would think he had just suggested that she sleep..with him?

"Some cots or small beds would work fine, my boys and I sleep in the van or they just sleep outside when it is hot." She still had that sly smile on her face.

"We can put the boys in the large room, I can...."

"It will be fine, I would love to stay and work for you, Dan. Gracias." Carlita beamed at him.

Carlita left to go get the van and her sons, Dan sat there still flushed, thinking he must have sounded like an old fool.

But she was back shortly, then she and the boys were soon settled.

The only comment that was ever made about the situation was when Carlos stopped by to ask him about some stock orders, and he saw Carlita bustling around in the kitchen.

"I see you still got it, huh, Boss?" He grinned.

"It's not like that, Carlita is my housekeeper." Dan protested.

Carlos didn't say anything more, he just grinned.

+++

Dan still went regularly to town in the evening a couple of times each month.

Seeing Kaye was his only real outlet, he did find himself thinking of Carlita when Kaye expertly brought him to a climax.

Still, Dan pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, there was always the work, the things that needed to be done.

Carlita and her boys were nice to have around, he now did not feel as lonely as he had before.

Spring rolled around and the farm once again bustled with activity. Most days Dan was gone all day, coming in to the house to wonderful food and everything handled.

He realized he had put on some weight, too. It was impossible not to, the way Carlita could cook.

Before, when he woke up just after 5 AM, normally had some coffee and maybe a piece of toast. Now when he woke up Carlita had Bacon and Eggs, or pancakes, or some type of Hispanic dish that was delightful.

Without fail Dan now woke up to the smell of delicious food.

When Dan came in one evening, Carlita was busy with a big roast for dinner, little Pepe was now almost 7 years old. He had a wooden toy of some kind and a piece of it had come apart.

He walked up to Dan and just stood there, holding the toy. Pepe was the shyest of the three boys.

"Need some help, Pepe?" Dan asked him, setting down his newspaper.

"Yes, Papa, I can't get the wheel back in." He said, holding out the toy.

Dan glanced up at Carlita, she suddenly looked very busy in the kitchen. He fixed the toy for the boy, handed it back with a grin.

"Gracias, Papa!" The boy said, then went off to play.

Later that same night, he and Carlita were sitting in the living room watching a TV show together.

"Would you like a drink? I think I would." He asked her.

"One moment." She started to get up.

"Let me." Dan told her, getting up himself.

He handed her a glass of the red wine he now kept around, knowing she liked a bit of it some evenings. He even poured a small glass for himself, though he seldom drank alcohol.

"I hope you were not upset today when Pepe called you that?" She asked him after taking a sip.

"Oh, that?" He laughed quietly.

"No, it's fine. The boy just wishes he had his father, is all. I don't mind, I like all of your boys."

"Yes, I see that. You are a fine man, you are good to us. I thank you for that." She smiled.

Dan glanced over at her, she looked happy and content sitting there.

"You have been good for me, the house is all in order, far nicer now than I can do for myself, I really appreciate having you here." He turned to look her way again, she was looking back.

There was a long quiet moment as they sat and looked into each other's eyes.

"Dan?" Slipped from her mouth in a quiet breath, then she moved over and touched the back of his hand.

It was like an electric shock, for a moment Dan held his breath.

Her hand lay on his, she leaned forward slightly, tipping her head back.

Dan leaned down, hesitating as she looked at him with wide eyes, then he kissed her. He intended it as a quick touch of the lips but her hand came up and grasped the back of his head and his mouth was pressed to hers.

The film they were watching was quickly forgotten as his hand came up to cup her breast. She let out a sigh, then buried her face in his neck.

Then she stood up quickly, for a moment he thought he had offended her. Her eyes were damp, one hand came down and grasped his.

"Come." Carlita said simply. He rose and went with her into the bedroom off to the side that was hers. That was the first time he had been in there since she had moved into the house, it was her private quarters from that day on and he had respected that.

She flipped on the light switch, for a moment Dan had misgivings. After all, Carlita had three small children, she was decades younger than him.

Why would she be interested in him at all?

"Touch me." Carlita whispered, her voice husky.

"I..what are we doing here?" Dan asked, completely unsure of the situation.

"I want you..need you to love me." She slid into his arms and tipped her head up for another kiss.

+++

Lovemaking, sweet and sensual, her hands were busy as were his own. The reaction of his body, long ignored were not instant, but finally her attentions were met with success.

Her medium size breasts that had nursed three children drooped softly from her chest, the nipples black and large. Her fanny was soft, yet solid underneath from years of constant labor, she had the soft smooth roundness on her belly, the marks on her flesh of being a mother.

After a long period of touching and stroking she finally lay back, allowing her legs to part, exposing the huge and natural mass of pubic hair on her loins.

This was a mature, earthy woman, Carlita showed no signs of false modesty, instead she showed all of the signs of a woman in need.

Dan reached down and slid his fingers up and over the exposed flesh, causing her body to shudder.

"Ahhh." Was the only sound that escaped her lips when he entered her.

The last thing Dan remembered that night was Carlita pressing to his side, then he saw his old Dog come into the room, look around acting confused. Then finally it came over and curled up at the foot of the bed.

+++

Dan sat up with a start, the morning Sun was streaming in the window. He could not remember ever waking up to full sunlight. He looked around for a clock but there wasn't one, for a moment he did not know where he was.

Then it all came flooding back.

"My God, did that actually happen?" Dan thought to himself as he washed himself quickly in the bathroom and dressed.

Carlita was in the kitchen, Juan, Marcos and Pepe sat at the table eating.

They all looked up and smiled with happy faces, then went directly back to their food. Dan sat down, looked over at Carlita. She smiled brightly and set down a plate for him.

Dan realized he was starving, so he dug in and ate. She carried a plate for herself over and sat down beside him.

Her boys finished and carried their plates over to the sink, placing them carefully in the soapy water. Juan, the oldest washed and rinsed them as the other two dried and stacked them.

"May we go to the pond today, Papa?" Young Pepe asked.

"Sure, but stay out of the deep end, OK?" He told him. Dan wasn't too worried about that, all three of them were like fish in the water.

"Si!" The boy said, and they all took off. He could see out the window that Juan had his little fishing pole so odds were high that small Trout would be on the evening menu.

Dan wanted to say something, but he was suddenly tongue tied.

"We need to be careful around your boys." He managed finally, flushing at how lame that sounded.

"No need, Danny. They know, they are young but very clever and understand."

"Oh." He answered.

"Carlos came by this morning, I sent him to the fields, they are mowing today for the harvest." She said.

"Good, thank you."

"Carlos knows too now." She grinned.

"How did that happen?"

"He came by at 5:30 this morning, but you slept so soundly I just told him to go ahead and start and you would be along later." She smiled at that.

"So, where are we, Carlita? I am an old man, you are still a young woman. I doubt I can keep up with you..." He began.

magmaman
magmaman
2,705 Followers