Out of Left Field Ch. 01

Story Info
Meeting a new client.
1.5k words
4.53
5.4k
3

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/05/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bradleyok
bradleyok
32 Followers

Chapter 1

The door to my small computer shop rang its cheery bell as someone walked in. I hadn't been having a very good Monday, as business had been fairly slow, and the few customers had been somewhat rude. I walked out from the back room where I was testing equipment, emerging into the main showroom. I tried to bring my best customer service smile to my face. I called out as I came through the doorway, "Hello there, welcome to High Tech Wizards, I am Jack Danalson, what can I assist you with today?"

A rather beautiful brunette woman turned from my display of fancy custom gaming computers with a slight smile on her lips, "Ah, yes, Ariel Morgan, a pleasure I'm sure. I am needing help. My life partners want gaming computers, and I hate trying to order these types of things on websites. I don't really know the technical jargon, so I don't really know what to pick. Can you help me select computers for them that will play all the modern games? Budget is not a limitation, and I much prefer the personal touch of a local business."

She wore what was obviously an extremely expensive tailored business suit and slacks, complimented by understated but artistic jewelry. From the elegance of the jewelry's design, and the number of the diamonds and sapphires on the pieces, they had to be worth the price of a small house. I was guessing she was in her mid thirties much like myself, though doing much better for herself financially. If I could swing a big sale from this, it would go a long way towards helping me catch up on my store's debts. I finally realized she said "life partners", and had to suppress my sudden surge of curiosity. Some people didn't like you prying into their personal affairs casually, so I didn't ask the multitude of questions that suddenly popped into my head, and concentrated on the sale instead.

"Ahhh, of course, I would be more than happy to assist! Do they just need the computers, or will they also need all the accessories ... monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc? If you really want to go top-end, you could also look at buying gaming chairs that are designed to be supportive over long play sessions, and even laser projectors if they want extra large screens!"

Her slight smile turned into a bigger one at my enthusiasm. "I hadn't really thought about what else they might need. Hmm, I think projectors might be overkill, but right now they just have their computers hooked up to small TVs in their room. They sometimes complain the picture looks weird though, as if it is blurry, so maybe they need better TVs. They use headphones, not speakers, so they should be good on sound already. Do you also offer installations and warranties? I would be very unhappy if I got them good PCs and their picture was still blurry."

My appreciation of her business went up another notch at hearing the magic words "installations and warranties". I love it when a customer cares about making sure something is done right the first time. It spares so many headaches later with complaints. "I certainly do on both questions, and I'd be happy to set up a time to do the installation for you. After we decide on the model, we can talk about the details of the installation. On the TVs, often smaller TVs are only 720p instead of 1080 or 4k, so they probably aren't getting the best resolution. I carry large gaming monitors that have excellent reviews. Most gamers love the extra wide curved ones especially!"

She looked me up and down, and her smile turned into a slight smirk as one eyebrow rose, "Oh they do love an extra wide one, that is for sure! It sounds like you might have all the equipment they will need!"

Her obviously suggestive tone made me blush from head to toe. Caught off guard by the sudden change in her demeanor, I stammered "Umm ... yeees, uh, I make sure and only carry reliable, high quality computer parts and accessories that I have thoroughly reviewed. I have never had any complaints with the quality of my computer builds, and rarely have warranty claims. Local businesses thrive on word of mouth recommendations, so I always do my utmost to ensure customer satisfaction!" Her expression shifted back to something more neutral, so I pressed on, trying to ignore the sudden innuendo. "Now then, you mentioned modern games, let me show you this model. I have a high fidelity gaming demo set up on it so ... "

As I showed her the performance of various gaming machines and discussed installation details, my mind kept going back to her phrase "life partners". She was obviously very wealthy, and my imagination kept trying to throw me off track with scenes of exotic men gathering around her, catering to her every physical whim and desire. I managed to keep on track in my sales pitch though. More importantly, I managed to not show any outward signs of my rather inappropriate thoughts.

"... so I believe they should be very happy with their new setups! I can overnight the few remaining items I don't have on hand already to complete the teleconferencing video quality features you requested, so the installation on Thursday should go without a hitch. If there are any additional items they want after they start playing with their new computers, or if they see any hiccups, just let me know and I'll get them fixed up immediately." I finished up the usual sales spiel, happily totaling up the parts for the custom gaming rigs. This was turning out to be a fantastic sales session!

"Oh don't worry, they are quite vocal about anything that satisfies them, in addition to things they are not satisfied with. I have no doubt, we will all hear of their feedback immediately." Her teasing tone and raised eyebrow had me blushing furiously. As I all too obviously struggled to regain my composure, she grinned and continued, "They will probably want some hands-on demos from you as well on those cooling settings you were talking about earlier in your presentation. Things can get hot quickly when my partners get serious about their play. I expect your full cooperation, and will of course pay for any extra time that is required after the installation to ensure their knowledge of the equipment."

I coughed, trying to hide the sudden nervous laugh that I let out. My imagination was running wild of what her exploits with her life partners might be like, if she was this flirtatious with a computer sales rep. I'd never had someone be this openly suggestive with me before, especially at my storefront. "Don't worry, ma'am, when someone pays for top-end computer equipment like this, I want to ensure they know how to make it perform to their expectations." I hesitated, but grinned as I couldn't help but add, "I always aim to please ... my hottest customers!"

She laughed more gently than I expected and nodded, "Oh of that I have little doubt. You seem like a very capable and conscientious person. Exactly the type of person that I will likely provide repeat business to, in fact. I look forward to speaking with you again on Thursday at the install."

With that, she rose from the chair at my front desk, pulled a bundled stack of money out of her purse, counted out bills, and placed it on the desk. "Here is three quarters of the cost, and I will give you the remainder once the installation is completed and my partners are satisfied. This has been much more ... enjoyable ... of a task than I anticipated. You made this very easy for me."

I smiled, picking up the cash, "As I said, I always aim to please! It was a pleasure to meet such an interesting customer!"

She laughed, then paused, "Oh, you have no idea, haha. I think my partners will be quite happy having your assistance ... with the computer setups. They do love an engaging personality, and you seem quite capable of being engaging. A little shy maybe, but then again, they love bringing someone out of their shell. Some might say it is a fetish for them, though of course I would never term it quite like that. Either way, I look forward to your presence on Thursday! It should cause quite a bit of excitement! I do love the excitement of a new person visiting the house!"

With that she flashed me a brilliant smile, turned on her heel, and exited my shop, leaving my curiosity burning high. I was really looking forward to finding out what type of people clicked with her sense of flirtatious humor. Hopefully they would also have her desire for the best computer equipment money could buy! I hummed happily to myself as I headed to the safe in the back of the shop to secure her deposit.

bradleyok
bradleyok
32 Followers