All Comments on 'Out of Practice'

by SimonO

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow! Wow, again

Romantic, sexy, low-key, well-written 5-Star story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Now that's a slice of reality right there and the picture was very well painted!

Keep this story line moving forward, awesome setup without a doubt.

BRAVO!!!

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
PRACTICE MAY BE OUTDATED

but the desire remains long and strong. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yo Simon

Ya gotcha self a fan!

But take care - don't let this go 'off the rails'.

Keep the fun - we all know about sexy stuff!!

Just want these two guys to succeed - together.

VBR / 19pvc44

FloribundaFloribundaabout 7 years ago
What a sweet, sweet story :)

adamgunnadamgunnabout 7 years ago
I think I may have found a new favorite author

Sure hope there will be a sequel

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Great!

A great start to a story!

I only hope that it is a true romance, without deviations or curly. In my present state of mind, I need happy stories more than sexual stories.

Thanks for a good job in this story.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Romantic and Fun

Great job, 5 Stars no doubt...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Nice!!

There better be a chapter 2...and 3...

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneabout 7 years ago
Puzzled

Hmmm. How have I overlooked this author? On the basis of this little rendition, I will have to have a butchers at your catalogue. I like! It appeals to my peculiar sense of English humour and wit. *nods head sagely.

Mnghm17Mnghm17about 7 years ago
Looking forward to more

Liked this story a lot, and slow is good. I liked the development of both the sexual tension and the characters. I am looking forward to exploring your other contributions

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I'm usually for slow buildup, I hate the single page 'full' rushed stories, but by the end of page one I was so bored I gave up. You also over use ... or ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Looking forward to reading more of your writing.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 7 years ago
Enjoyed it!

it was very reminiscent of my own "out of practice" time, when I reentered the dating scene in my mid-forties, with three teenaged kids from my then-recent divorce from a 23-year marriage.

-Rei

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
that was fun

You have to wonder a bit about him. Not athletic, calls himself a nerd, but totally inept with social media, hasn't been on a date for years, and by his own admission doesn't get out of the house much. What does she see in him that is of interest?

mammoetmammoetabout 7 years ago
loved it

i hope to see ch.2 soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow...

definitely the most erotic masturbation scene I've read!

If I were Jack, I'd mention to Sadie that since it was so much fun at separate locations, how she would feel about rerunning the scenario in the same room sometime. I bet your description of what they actually see as they watch each other would be even greater than they imagined.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 7 years ago
weird characters though

A 'nerd' that is so ineptly computer illiterate that he needs his 'jock' son to make basic things work for him?

Time to pull his nerd card.

He's a 'bookworm' not a nerd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Is

Is Sadie still a name? Isnt it from way back when??

pope32767pope32767about 7 years ago
Easy to see what she sees in him

rightbank: He's sweet and kind and unassuming and generally not an asshole, unlike her husband. Plus chemistry strikes where it wants to, and she's apparently in her "dirty thirties".

SimonO: This guy has face blindness (prosopagnosia), not just "memory problems". Like about 2% of the population, he can't recognize people by faces alone, even if he's seen them before. There is no treatment, but just having a diagnosis helps a lot.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 7 years ago
This really sizzles!

Cannot wait to see what happens next!

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Delightful Tale

It really a Loving Wife tale about the recovery from the divorce. I ended up under Sadie's spell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very realistic story

Single dads are very popular in the youth sports world. A lot of things happen especially on tournament trips

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Predictable, but not completely fulfilling. Did you do that purposefully, so that you could write chapter 2?

SimonOSimonOabout 7 years agoAuthor
A few quick responses . . .

I rarely respond in comments sections, but these were technical things, so I am here.

Yes, this sets up chapter 2, 3, 4 and maybe more. I try to make that clear in introductions but it may not have been.

Sadie may be an older name but I liked it. It is kinda sassy, which she is. :)

And not all nerds are techno types. I actually teach doctoral students (definitely in the nerd category) and less than half of them are computer savvy types. The term nerd predates personal computers. A nerd is usually socially awkward and focused on scholarly types of things. That was the intent there. If nerd means something different now then I apologize for misusing a term and thus causing a stumbling block in the story.

I am not trying to debate anything as much as provide perspective and intent.

Thanks to all for reading and for commenting. Positive and negative reviews are all welcome as they just help me understand my audience and how to approach things, even if I don't adopt all suggestions. It has to work for me after all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

Good story. Five Stars.

It calls for more. Hope you continue it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I so much enjoyed this story. Hopefully we all will get to enjoy the evolving relationship between Jack and Sadie. It is lovely to read the emotions of post separation dating nicely portrayed.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years ago
Loved it

This was a fun story and I can see this naturally happening in real life, between a couple of people who have been burned yet live vicariously through the lives of their children. Clear 5* for me. You could leave the story like this, it is complete enough for readers to imagine the likely outcome, but I admit that it would be fun to see how they tackle the physical side of dating after being out of practice for so long. I can see you throwing in the complications of the divorce, the relationship with the soon-to-be-Ex, Sadie's daughter's reaction to this new relationship which threatens any possibility of reconciliation, possibly even reaction from Jack's ex- who may suddenly realize that Jack is finally seen as desirable by a rival. Yes, Simon, there is plenty of meat on this bone!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
And next...

Was really hoping the story continued. You did a good job creating the characters only to end here.

robo057robo057about 7 years ago

One hopes there is more to come as you have managed to keep us all haging. Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More???

Well thought out and written. It would be a shame to not carry this story further. Sadie's divorce, a first date, addressing the issues of the kids (are both Sadie's kid on board with the divorce, a deepening relationship, work issues and ultimately a relationship resolution.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingalmost 7 years ago
Well done

Smart, funny, sexy, and I could really feel the sexual tension building. Great job. I was crushed to see that there isn't a second part to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More, please.

This was great! It deserves chapter 2...3?

chris2300chris2300almost 6 years ago
Still waiting

I'm still hoping you will continue this. Great so far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
UNFULFILLING

I read comments first, then the story. Enough were positive, to read story. Wish I had stuck with my usual principle of not starting a story that has continuing parts not yet written.

Without at least one more chapter, it is rated too high.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I have enjoyed your story but where is the rest of it? I suppose I could finish it in my mind but what would be the reason since it is your story! Are you going to finish it?

Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I feel I remember a story like this one or maybe it is the same story where there is much more to the story. Am I right. Either way this story needs much more to it. PLEASE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I’m Just Saying

To answer the question, the last sentence of the story, No. I didn’t really care if Romance was the right category for this story. What I did care about was getting a definitive ending for this story, but it looks like that just ain’t gonna happen. Which is too bad because instead of a “meh, okay “ story, it could have been a great story. I’m just sayin’.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSimonO@SimonO
Life gets in the way too much, so my new method involves me posting only completed stories, even those with multiple parts. That will cut down on people being frustrated. Hopefully. My compensation is essentially how much others enjoy what I write. Contacts are most welcome...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories