Out of the Ashes Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Euridike's smile was once more Margaret's, just even more endearing Ricky thought. So was also her embrace upon seeing Agatha giving into her emotions. The last months were ones of dread and uncertainty, one could tell that just by one look at her tired face, but this one heartfelt praise repaired much that had been broken.

The chunky chef's head was gently pushed right between Euridike's gigantic breasts and her lower endowments onto her soft mid -- the only place on the curvaceous body that wasn't entirely indecent to touch.

Ricky perked an eyebrow upon witnessing such a sight and deep down wouldn't have minded if he would have found himself in Agatha's place. He gulped and before he would start daydreaming about something he certainly would have to apologise to his girlfriend later, he rather diverted his curious eyes.

Martin next to him had regained some of his usual colour while Euridike introduced herself to him and Agatha. He looked far less shaken now that Sybilla was gone but still that worried expression resided on his seasoned face.

"Are you alright, doc?" Ricky asked.

He earned no reply. Only when he grabbed Martin by the shoulder, he got a reaction.

"Yes... I am... better now," he whispered, still eying Euridike and Agatha.

"What was going on before? With Sybilla I mean. You both looked like you have seen a ghost."

Martin's eyes still burned restless while his face was void of any motion -- a fact Ricky only realised when the doctor's gaze rested upon him.

"She looked just like the devil herself. A young devil," he muttered.

"What devil?"

"The black death," he replied and both winced when they saw that Euridike had reappeared in the corners of their vision.

She towered above them, with both men barely able to reach a height that would allow them to see pass her hefty breasts. Her azure eyes were filled with sadness and her motherly aura for once gone, but unlike her daughter before her, she was not about to erupt with anger. Even after just meeting her, Ricky could not imagine her being capable of the same hatred that befell her daughter.

"You mean my wife, wise man," she said and made herself a bit smaller to look Martin in the eyes properly. "I can tell you have seen things no soul should ever have to endure."

"Aye. No one should," he replied in the same calm tone.

"If both our people can agree on that, then it won't ever happen again. We won't allow it to happen again," she said and offered her hand to him.

Martin hesitated. Not out of fear, rather out of confusion. Ricky could barely imagine what was going through the doc's head and that was only knowing a fraction of what a role he played in the second big war. If Euridike's presumption hit the target like he believed, then it must have been a fate not too dissimilar from Manuel's.

"We can agree on that, Euridike," he eventually said and cautiously returned her offering.

The former queen's shine returned, brighter than ever, with bliss that was for sure genuine.

"What is your name, wise man?" she asked.

"I am a Phys-, my name is Martin," he said, deliberately choosing not to mention his profession.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Martin," she said and did the impossible. She made his cheeks rise as well -- although just by the fraction of an inch.

Ricky nodded over to Agatha who was still sparking with joy. One he did not see on her for too long. With an optimism she had seemingly lost, but just when Ricky thought her bliss couldn't be any greater her eyes widened and she lifted both her arms.

"LEXI!" she shouted and led Ricky's eyes straight up.

His eyes wandered aimlessly for a second until he noticed raven curls pop occasionally between the ornamented pillars and railings that seemingly connected their court yard with another higher level he didn't notice until now. Lexi must be in full sprint by now and while he couldn't stop but shake with anticipation one worry was following each of her steps.

"Should she be running like this?" he asked silently.

"No. But would none of us would be able to talk her out of it," Euridike said again and followed Lexi's curls down the stairs.

"Is she okay?" Ricky asked.

"Now she is," the blonde royalty returned and grinned as soon as Lexi entered the courtyard.

She looked just like Ricky remembered her, maybe a bit slimmer and better dressed, but still with the same energy he simply adored.

"Guys..." Alexia gasped and borderline glided over the floor with steps that would have surely thundered through Manuel's place.

Ricky and Agatha smiled and before they could even attempt to greet their friend, they found themselves in her hulking arms.

"It's so great to see you two," she said and pulled them as she got on her knees so they wouldn't push into her mid -- which both tried to avoid.

"Great to see you too, Lexi," Agatha muttered, her arms gently around their former co-worker's neck.

"Looks like you have recovered, but I wouldn't have expected anything less," Ricky smirked cheekily.

"You know, as long one can no longer look through it is fine," Alexia chuckled and pulled herself up to a height that was certainly shorter than Euridike's.

"Are you sure you are alright?" Agatha insisted.

That prompted the clearly high-ranked woman to return the same cheeky smile as the blonde boy before her.

"I wasn't sure. But now I am," she returned and once more pulled them closer and ruffled through Ricky's hair.

"How have you been? We were worried you would be... you know... punished for what happened," Ricky asked cautiously.

Alexia's grey eyes darkened slightly, but her warm smirk did not fully retreat just yet.

"We found a way to deal with that. A ... friend stood up for me, but I will tell you all the details later. In exchange for telling me what was going on your end," Alexia said and now slowly let her gaze wander around the courtyard, addressing Martin, but she still kept looking for someone.

"He didn't come," Agatha said knowingly.

"Why?" Alexia asked, this time with sadness.

"There ... are too many things he associates with this place."

"I... understand," Alexia muttered. "But he is alright?"

Agatha didn't answer her right away and for a moment even took a quick gasp before she just nodded.

Ricky knew that was a precarious question to answer, especially one that should not be discussed with these many eyes around them.

"I see," Alexia sighed and eventually faked the same smirk Margaret always attempted and failed as miserably as she always did.

She clearly had to swallow her disappointment, since she and Manuel grew surprisingly close to another, especially after she got wounded, but in typical fashion she held her head high and looked forward -- and in this case down at Martin.

"Does this mean you were asked to take his place?" she asked him.

"Sort of. But I was not asked," Martin returned, once more with horror shining through his eyes.

"I see. Besides, where is your feisty comrade? I guess he was not that eager to see the palace as he claimed after all?"

"He ... is hardly a man that should be send on a diplomatic mission," Martin muttered after another pause of consideration.

Ricky felt his tension and it was justified. Would Alexia be the same woman as the one that once stumbled into Manuel's inn, desperate and wrathful, he would probably have to fear for his life. But the months she spent there changed her in ways that one would not believe unless they saw it. Martin certainly was no witness to that.

"I never thanked you, but ...," she started and paused when Euridike's calming influence halted her.

"Rightfully so," Martin said, barely able to withstand her iron gaze.

Agatha and Ricky were once more staring at each other, silently wishing the other to find a solution, to not destroy a cheerful reunion. Their worries were unfounded.

"Yet, our physicians here praised your treatment. If nothing else, this alone deserves some recognition," she said calmly.

This was the only praise that she could force out of herself, but one that made him let out a sigh of relief before bowing.

"Where is Maggie?" Ricky asked in hope of switching topics.

"Busy, like any future king would be. But maybe I can sneak in a few visitors in between breaks," Alexia winked and almost managed to look serious.

"What are we waiting for then?" Ricky chuckled. "Lead the way, Lexi."

Euridike silently had observed over them, but the way that Ricky cheekily returned any tease Lexi offered him, made her giggle softly.

"Don't let them wait and friends be separated for longer," she said motherly and walked over to Martin.

"And while they have their reunion, may you accompany me on ours, Martin?" she asked him.

"We have just met. What... reunion?" he replied in a clearly confused tone.

"True. The young ones here might reconnect over the days they have shared, and come together as friends once more. A day of joy the youth is more deserving than us old souls. Since it was our generation that turned this world into one almost void of such innocent delight. And as such we shall come together today, Martin. As ambassadors of two people which severed a connection that was once inseparable. And today shall be the first day they come together once more," Euridike said in her irresistibly royal voice.

Ricky noticed an invisible heft on his chest upon hearing these words of wisdom. He never heard anyone talk in such a manner and deliver such weight with each word she sang into his ears.

He was not the only one struck like lightning either. Martin's face had changed, morphed away from the frowning sternness that befell it the last few days, or the fear that Sybilla and Lexi instilled on him and back into one of days long gone.

"Aye. We shall make it a day of work then," he replied and looked over to his other two companions to let them know he joined her willingly.

"I could not have said it better, wise man," Euridike said and grinned as she gazed at Agatha. "And forgive me for turning back the years on you today, Agatha."

"I would never talk anyone out of making me fell young. Even for one day," the chef chuckled.

"Who would?" the blonde royal returned and bowed as she took Martin with her into the depths of the palace.

"So, now that this is settled, how about we catch a glimpse on King Maggie?" Alexia grinned.

She needed no words to know their replies.

The midday sun was caught in her raven hair when she led her two friends through halls that shone as bright as the light that danced in the tree's crown, her garments reflecting the blinding warmth all around her. Alexia would go on and explain what the rich decorations and engravings meant which graced almost every pillar and statue. Both Agatha and Ricky could tell that everyone living in this place was well aware about the historic importance these halls had and took pride in being their guardians. How one living in such luxury could even attempt enjoying to spend months in the Sailor's mug would remain a mystery for the rest of Ricky's life, but made him appreciate Alexia that much more.

Soon they walked through gardens that seemed never-ending. They must have entered another realm, one out of this world, where they were surrounded by nothing but vibrant colour and void of almost all civilisation. Only some rogue walls around them reached out amidst a jungle of flowers, many of which Ricky never even heard a word about until now. This was Maggie's favourite place in her youth, Lexi told them, and one she often returned to when she wanted to be alone with her thoughts.

The former commander navigated them through the colourful labyrinth and halted at a terrace that overlooked the ocean and the town that both guests knew for all their lives. Still, they never saw it from that angle. They gazed upon their home with pavilions and the garden behind them giving them a sense of being a life time away from it, but somehow still in reach. Now they understood why Maggie cherished this place, for its beauty was without question and the way it could make one feel.

Alexia allowed them to take in the sight, but eventually cleared her throat loud enough, so the two humans were ripped out of their trance. She pointed upwards to one of the many balconies looming above them, chiselled into the outer walls of the palace, facing the cliff it towered above. From one such balcony they could see two gargantuan figures talking to each other, with one awakening fear and the other delight.

Margaret stood next to her mother, dressed in armour equally as dark as her long hair. And both around the same height.

"The black death," Ricky whispered, unable to not address her as such.

"To your people. She is renown as 'Anastasia the Great' here. And despite what happened certainly deserving of such a title in more ways than one," Alexia said, but without hostility.

"Every coin has two sides," Agatha interjected and made Alexia smile thoughtfully.

"You are probably right. She might be both. But to me she is a friend now, a mother even," Alexia said.

She did not elaborate on that remark, even when being asked about it. There were actually quite a few things she deliberately cut short Ricky noticed. He did not question her motivations for it, but it was unlike her to not answer to questions directed at her.

Margaret eventually noticed the three figures in the distance, standing at the place where her whole journey began. She waved down at them and despite quite a distance separating them, Ricky could notice her signature wide smile from all the way down.

He was about to push Alexia into leading them to Maggie, but he did not have to ask her. She immediately walked her friends to the entrance at the end of the royal gardens and through the halls that led to Margaret.

A weight was pushing down on him, as they stood before the gate that separated them and Maggie. Ricky could not think of any reunion he craved this much ever before in his life, but also about none given these circumstances. An ordinary kitchen helper and his chef meeting a king, while representing their entire people. Only now he felt the burden that Martin was constantly referring to, but still he wanted to see his friend again. He only hoped that she would be just that -- their friend and not just their new king.

"May we enter, your highness?" Alexia asked cheekily upon entering first.

"Cut this 'your highness' stuff, and let them in, Lexi," her angelic voice laughed back.

Ricky and Agatha entered, already reassured that their friend wasn't consumed by the crown and still blessed with the same charm.

She sat alone, without her mother's company, behind a wide table littered with dozens of papers and manuscripts with two more tables set up right next to it. Ricky immediately noticed that this was not her personal domain, but a room she conducted her royal duties and this was further cemented by the interior.

The walls were not just decorated but paved with paintings and woven inscriptions, many of which showing moments of grandeur and battles, with also the occasional statues of what he guessed were past rulers. This was certainly the history of their people Ricky thought and was surprised to find many humans standing side by side with their kind, even more often as friends than as enemies.

"My friends, it's good to see you," Margaret said and let go of the feather with which she wrote on one of those many manuscripts. "Please come closer, it's been way too long. I hope all this did not intimidate you too much."

"Intimidation might be the wrong word," Ricky laughed back and upon every step he took, he noticed that Margaret changed in more ways than just her size.

Of course, she had grown, even seated she appeared to have gotten far heavier, equally with the size of her curves and some surprising amount of muscle on her short-sleeve arms. It was apparent that she was not idle in those last months, her body showed and so did her tired eyes.

"Probably, but I still hope you enjoyed the tour," Margaret said and got up from her seat.

"Oh goddess," Agatha immediately shrieked while Ricky did not find any words.

As he expected she had grown once more, to a size that even surpassed Euridike. When her mother was huge, Margaret was gigantic at this point. To such an extent, that Ricky seriously doubted she could even fit through the doors of Manuel's inn, but that was not the biggest surprise. While he imagined himself finding even more outrageous endowments on her, a swollen belly was not one of them.

"Are you... you know..." Ricky muttered dumbfounded.

"Of course, I am pregnant, or did you think I just grew fat?" Maggie laughed out loud and laid both her hands on her stomach as she walked closer.

This made Lexi behind them chuckle as well and Agatha turned around with frantic excitement.

"How long?! For how long do you know?!" she said with tears welling up in her eyes.

"A few days after our departure, but Maggie knew it before that," Alexia said and blushed when Agatha basically jumped into her arms.

"I am so happy for both of you! So happy..." Agatha whimpered.

Maggie had walked up to them, while Ricky stood there with his mouth open revelling at how far this towering woman had come from when she entered their life.

"Do you want to greet our daughter?" Maggie said with a warm smile and presented her stomach to Agatha.

The elderly human's fingers softly caressed the king's stomach through the dress and made her sob adorably.

"When are y-"

"I am half way there, I think. But I am sure our daughter already is aware about the world around her. And who greeted her."

Margaret's aura had changed as well, Ricky thought. The juvenile girl was gone, and an older, more mature, soon-to-be mother took her place. It suited her, he reluctantly agreed.

"Congratulations, Maggie. This is... beautiful... for both of you," Ricky said.

"Thank you. It is truly wonderful. We already count the days until this magical day."

"You should stop working out, Maggie. This is not good for the baby," Agatha said firmly.

"Our people believe that our unborn children inherit their mother's strength. So, I had to put a bit of effort in," Margaret grinned. "That's the least I can do. Trying my best."

"You are not only doing your best. You are doing the most anybody else could," Agatha insisted.

"I wish that would be the case," Margaret said.

Ricky did not expect this reply. Alexia as well looked grimly into distance while her eyes shined brightly just moments ago.

"What's wrong? Don't you look forward to motherhood?" Agatha asked.

"I do, with every fibre of my being I do," Maggie said and embraced Lexi's hand now that she walked next to her. "But I am burdened with two holy duties."

She and her lover turned around and walked over behind the gigantic desk which separated them from their two friends' seats.

"You can tell us what burdens you, Maggie. We will always be there for you," Agatha said.

"I know," Maggie smiled sadly and sat down, Lexi's hand still resting on her shoulder and embracing her own.

"So, please tell us. What is going on?" Ricky asked.

"Too much to put into mere words I am afraid."

"But you can try. Please," Agatha interjected.

Maggie sighed and kissed Lexi's hand who kept gently stroking her own. She looked around and pointed at the richly ornamented walls surrounding them.

"This is the place from where my mothers stewarded their kingdom's fate. For years. Every decision they made was eventually brought into this room and they decided with their combined wisdom on how to rule. Something they have much more talent and experience in than me."

"You are doing your best and you that without being cruel, that's what matters, Maggie," Ricky said.