All Comments on 'Out of the Past'

by CAP811

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Happy_To_ReadHappy_To_Readover 16 years ago
Oh My Thank You

I awoke early this morning with a very pleasant dream about home fresh on my mind. I was dreaming about the past and all the things that I am so aware of missing in my current life. I know that I am home sick more than I would like to admit. I long for the more simple times and places. I joke to people that when the end of the world comes I am moving back home because everything there seems to be 50 years or more behind the times. I returned from a short visit home just last weekend, my 17 year old son even expressed how much more simple things are there.

I am a 41 year old divorced male raising my son, and dreaming of home. I can not express in mere words how wonderful this submission was and is to me. I will find my way home sometime in the near future and plant my roots right back were they belong. So from a home sick OKIE, I say Thank You so very much for taking the time to share this with the rest of us, and please continue to share your wonderful gift.

I for one am happy to read your fine work.

epiphany65epiphany65over 16 years ago
Great story!

I've probably read hundreds of stories here, but this was perhaps the best written and most engaging one of them all. I plan to read the rest of your submissions and I hope that you write more. I wish that I could write even half as well as you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Exquisite

This is an exquisite, tenderly-crafted story which captures the essence of American literature. GREAT JOB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wow

What a wonderful story!

Boyd

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Great Story

Beautifully crafted, enough to tickle the edge of credibility. Great work CAP811

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I enjoyed it :)

You brought me a feast here.

Very good writing as well as a sweet poetic line. I wouldn't call it American, it reminds me more of English older writers like Nevil Shute. But it's your own story, nobody elses :) Cheers Yoron

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 16 years ago
Very interesting story

I lived in Ponca City (just up the road from Stillwater) for quite a few years and fell totally in love with Oklahoma and the people there. Great story!

jenni_tujenni_tuabout 15 years ago
Wonderful story

Thank you for this story on so many levels. I have no other words to express my feelings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

sensualwhisperssensualwhispersover 14 years ago
good story

I would have given it 100% but it just wasnt long enough..lol...I loved this story greatly and would have loved it to have been longer. Well written and engaging i found it brought a place ave never been to to life..keep up the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed this story. At age 69 i think more about the nexy world and our connection to it. Thanks for writing this.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a great story

makes you stop and think. one of the things you learn in life is that to some questions there are no answers. to some questions it is better to not ask. in this case the answers provide the questions.

thanks for writing

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
A jewel!!!

Loved this story from the start to the finish. Very well written and it tells such a beautiful story. It reminded me of my ties to Oklahoma from the long past. I had an Aunt and Uncle that lived on a dirt poor farm somewhere around Woodward Ok in the early 50s. The place hadn't seen paint on it for a long time, if ever. Kind of had to step down to get into it but that didn't bother my brother and I. We would come down from Wichita and spend a couple of summers there with them. We always had a great time just being there. We would pick wild plumbs and my Aunt would make jelly out of them. Best tasting jelly ever. Yeah, a much different life back then. All gone now and so sad.

artblueartblueover 3 years ago

Damn...that's a good one.....

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeabout 1 year ago

Just wow. What is this story not in a book?

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

There are things in this life we cannot explain, in my small town, we have the Old Lady in a red coat, that just stops to rest awhile on a garden wall, people see her, look away then look back and she’s gone. A close friend worked on the restoration of a house dating back to the 1300’s, every morning all of his tools had been moved to another room, along with a small girls giggle periodically during the day, him being the only living soul in the house of course. There are so many documented experiences like this and so many more that appear in no books or records at all. There is more to our world than any of us know.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous