Outdoor Essentials

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got in very late after the long drive back to the city. I knew I had mountains of work to make up, but I went right to sleep. The next day I got an earful from my supervisor for not answering an important email over the weekend, even though I had told him I was going out of town in advance. It was several late nights in a row as I worked to make up for the enjoyable weekend off.

On Thursday night, I was sitting at my desk finishing my takeout dinner and reading a file when my phone rang. Looking down, I saw it was a call from Rory. My smile must have been audible through the phone when I said hello.

"I'm free this weekend. Do you think you could meet at the lake again?" she asked. "I figure it's about halfway between us."

"This weekend? I can't. I really have to catch up after taking the long weekend completely off.

"What if you brought some work up to the lake? You could get done what you need to in a pleasant setting and with attractive company."

I laughed. "I'd love to, but this time I really can't. How about next weekend?"

I could hear the disappointment in her voice, but she agreed, although she pointed out that next week was her last free weekend for some time due to scheduled guide trips. I promised that I wasn't going to miss it.

For the next week, we talked often in the evenings after work and exchanged regular text messages. I was desperately looking forward to seeing her again. I kept thinking about how she looked naked in the light of the moon on the swim platform, the feel of her muscular thighs around my head while I licked her, or the swirl of her tongue on my cock. More than that, I was remembering the dimples in her ruddy cheeks when she smiled at me or the way her eyes sparked when she laughed. I longed to have her with me again.

The days crawled by. I was distracted, but by the Friday I was supposed to leave for the lake, I had met my productivity goals. I was just shutting down the computer when my manager walked into my office wearing a harried expression.

"Matt, I'm glad I caught you," he said. "We need the team for the closing in on Saturday and Sunday."

"This weekend? You know I've got travel plans."

"I do, but this deal is going through in two weeks. If this fails, it's all of our asses."

"I know that. I take that very seriously, and I have been burning the midnight oil all week, but this weekend I have a big personal commitment to keep."

His brows furrowed. "Look, I don't know what you're going on about, but the closing team is going to be working this weekend. No exceptions."

"Maybe I could log in from the road. I can still get some work done."

"You're not hearing me. You'll be here in the office. We need to get everyone together for strategy sessions and some other meetings." I opened my mouth to speak, but he held up a hand to silence me. "Look, Matt. The partners are meeting to talk about promotions after this deal goes through. If I tell them that you were my go-to guy on this, you're going to be in a good spot. If I tell them you flaked in the red zone and I booted you from the team, where do you think you'll be then?"

He walked out without waiting for me to answer. I paced back and forth in front of the window. Furious, I kicked my trashcan. After a few more paces to catch my breath and settle down, I pulled out my phone and dialed Rory.

"Hey, you! Are you on the way? I just got in." she said.

"Um, no. I'm not."

"What's the matter? You sound upset."

"I'm sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it. I have to be in the office tomorrow.

"But you promised. When else I can see you?"

"I don't know. When are you back from your treks?"

"I'm in and out for the rest of the month, but not here on any weekend. I know you can't make it midweek."

"I'm so sorry. I want nothing more than to see you."

"Is that true?" She sounded hurt.

"Of course, it is."

"Maybe we should just forget about this."

"What? That came out of the blue." My heart sank.

"I knew this was going to happen."

"Knew what would happen?"

"That you weren't going to have time for me once you went back to the city and work."

"That's not what this is."

"Look, it's not just breaking one promise. You're clearly not able to set boundaries with work. Or maybe you don't want to because it's too important to you. Better I should know that now. Before I get hurt." The tone of her voice made it clear that she was already feeling hurt.

"This one I can't help. I want to see you."

"I believe you. I do. Maybe you want to see me, but you can't. And that's not going to change, is it? I think it would always be this way. I thought you had a real revelation when we were talking on the mountain, about what's important, but I don't think you know how to follow through with it."

"Rory, I promise you. I do want to change. That's not what this is. I just can't do it overnight. Trust me, you'll see."

"You already made a promise and you couldn't keep it. I understand that everyone has work commitments sometimes. I certainly do. But work isn't everything."

"Rory..."

"No. Really. I just can't. Look, I'm going to block your number. I know that sounds extreme, but it's for your good as well as mine. We should both move on from this as soon as possible. Don't call me back."

"Rory, I'm sorry. You have to understand. I like you. Don't do this."

"I like you too, but I don't want to feel this way every time you can't be there for me. Or won't."

I tried to respond, but she had already hung up. True to her word, she had blocked my number when I tried to call her back. I tried to call her from my desk phone, but the call went straight to voicemail. She had probably turned her phone off completely.

There was a growing ache in the pit of my stomach. My hands were tingling and my heart was racing. I couldn't bear to let it end like this. I slapped the cup of pens off my desk and stormed out of the door. As I stalked down the hall to my supervisor's office, my pulse was pounding in my head. I stopped just short of his door. With clenched fists, I took three deep breaths to try to calm down, then I strode through his door.

"Matt?" he said, looking up in surprise.

"I'm not going to be here this weekend. I have to go right now. It's a personal emergency."

"Matt, we already talked about this. No exceptions."

"I'm going. It's essential."

"No. This deal is essential. You are an essential part of the team. That's what's essential right now." He was standing now and pointing at me to accentuate his words.

"There's two weeks left. We have time. I'm going no matter what you say. I told you, it's an emergency."

"An emergency? Conveniently on the same day that you were already supposed to travel for fun?"

"Yes," I said. "Absolutely." He rubbed his temples and sighed.

"Matt, you are throwing away your big moment. This deal is one of those once-in-a-lifetime chances. If you don't seize it, you are always going to regret it. You're always going to wonder what-if."

"That's exactly right. You couldn't have put it better. If I don't take this chance, I will always regret it. I'm going." I turned and walked out of his office.

"Matt! Matt, come on!" I kept walking. He followed me out into the center of the team area. "I'll replace you. You're fucking replaceable you know!" he shouted behind my back. The rest of the staff froze in place and watched the confrontation.

I stopped and turned around. He grinned malevolently and crossed his arms, thinking he had won.

"You just got done telling me I was essential," I said. "And that was why I couldn't leave to deal with a personal emergency."

"Well, you aren't. Not if you are not one hundred percent behind this team. This firm." Now he was accentuating each word by jabbing a finger on his palm. "Your personal life has got nothing to do with it. If we wanted you to have a personal life, we would assign you one along with your laptop. This is your life." He spread his arms wide, indicating the office around us.

"That's not enough of a life for me." I turned again toward the elevator.

"Hey! You'll never make partner, asshole. I'll see to that!"

"Fine," I said over my shoulder as I rounded the corner toward the elevator. As the elevator doors slid shut, I considered that I might get fired for storming out, but I was not sure. At that moment, it didn't matter to me.

By the time I had fought the city traffic to get on the interstate, it was quite dark. The road was humming under the tires hypnotically, but I was too wired with nerves to worry about falling asleep.

My phone rang. My heart surged, but it was only my dad. I pushed the key to answer the call.

"Hey, Dad."

"Matt? Is everything okay?"

"Why?"

"Well, I ran into Rory this evening by the water and she seemed pretty out of sorts."

"What did she say?"

"Not much, but she was clearly upset. She said you weren't coming up anymore."

"I'm in the car now."

"Oh. Then why does she think you aren't coming?"

I sighed. "It's hard to explain. But I'm on the way."

"Well, that's good I suppose. What time are you getting in?"

"Late again."

"Okay, we'll leave it open for you. I'm still not waiting up. Beauty rest."

I shook my head. "Nothing changes, Dad."

"Sure, it does. You're coming up to the lake two times in a matter of weeks. That's a good change."

"I think so too. I hope it's not too late."

It was late indeed when the headlights played over the trees surrounding the cabin. I wanted to jump out of the car and pound on her door in the middle of the night, but I thought better of it. It might be dramatic, but it wouldn't make me very popular with the rest of the family. I thought I knew where I might find her later, anyway.

I lay down to try to rest, but I knew I wouldn't sleep. I mostly stared at the ceiling and waited for the dawn to show throw the window.

When the first light came, it was dim and grey. I put on sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt, walked upstairs, and saw that it was another foggy morning by the water. I made a large pot of coffee, poured it into two large mugs, and walked down to the waterfront. It was chilly, as the summer was giving way to cooler weather, though the fog on the water suggested the lake was still warm. Soon the leaves on the hills would be changing, I knew, and then the water would be uncomfortably cold.

When I reached the Halls' dock, my stomach was uneasy. The fog was thick enough that I could not see the end of the dock very clearly. As I thudded down the planks of wood, I could see someone standing there. I knew it must be her. As I came closer, I was certain. Rory heard my steps and turned. She blinked in surprise.

"Matt?"

"In the flesh. With coffee." I managed a brave smile, despite flustered nerves.

Rory didn't immediately react. She stood on the end of the dock contemplating my unheralded appearance with a conflicted expression.

Rory looked like she had rolled out of bed and walked out on the dock. She wore flannel pajama bottoms, sandals, an old t-shirt, and a light fleece she must have pulled on just before she went out the door. Her hair was in a disheveled bun. I thought she was gorgeous.

"You don't have to say anything, but you should take the coffee before it gets cold." I held out the larger mug for her. Rory eyed the coffee greedily and I thought I noticed her flat expression turning to the slightest of smiles. She reached out with both hands, took the mug in one hand, and gripped my arm with the other.

"Thank you," she said. I stood frozen for a moment while she held my arm. Her face broke into a smile. "You kept your promise."

"I did. I'm sorry I hurt you, though."

"I'm sorry too. I might have overreacted." I pulled her into a one-armed hug and she laid her head on my chest.

"Maybe," I shrugged, "but you weren't wrong. I think I needed a crisis to force a change."

"I hated feeling like that." She lifted her head to look me in the eye. "But, how did you get the time off? It sounded like they were completely inflexible about this weekend."

"They were. I just left."

"What? Are you going to get fired?"

"Maybe," I shrugged again, "but I don't think so. It will probably have consequences, but I am okay with that. The way I see it, I didn't have a choice."

"No. You had a choice... and you chose me." Rory was beaming now and the sparks were back in her eyes.

"I guess so," I agreed. I set my coffee down on the bench built into the side of the dock so I could hold her properly. Rory did the same and raised her lips to mine. We kissed there on the dock in the shrouding mist.

"What I want to know," I asked, "is am I only forgiven because I brought coffee?"

"Probably," said. We both laughed.

I felt the stress and tension I had been holding in since the night before evaporating. It was replaced by a surge of desire for the woman I was holding. I moaned unconsciously as we kissed again, our tongues exploring each other. Rory giggled in response. I worked my hands under her fleece and shirt to feel the warm flesh of her body.

Rory gasped in surprise. "Jesus, your hands are cold."

"It's chilly out this morning," I said in my defense. Her skin felt delightfully warm and I ran my hands up her back eliciting more gasps. "I could stop if you want."

Rory laughed. "No, don't do that. But maybe we should go in where it's a bit cozier?"

At that point, I was contemplating the inconvenience of staying in my parent's cabin. "We could go downstairs again," I suggested, "but we'll have to be... discreet." I shrugged. It was embarrassing to sneak around like I was eighteen in my parents' house again.

"Or... we could go to my empty and very cozy cabin." Rory arched an eyebrow. "And we can be as... indiscreet... as we want."

I laughed. "Empty? I assumed your family was here."

Rory shook her head. "Nope. Just me. I was coming down just to see you. They didn't come up this weekend."

"Then what are we waiting for?" I asked. Rory turned to walk up the dock and I followed. The half-empty mugs of coffee were forgotten.

We were laughing as we stumbled through the back door of the cabin. The Halls had done a good job improving it after they moved in. The stone hearth, comfortable couches, and exposed beams created a cozy setting indeed. We paused long enough to light the gas fire. In the cabin's warmth, we shed our outer layers and ditched our footwear.

The grey sweatpants I had put on against the cold did little to conceal my growing excitement. Rory bit her lower lip as she stared at the outline of my cock. As we came together again in front of the warm fire, she couldn't resist touching my erection and she reached for it with both hands. I held her loosely by the shoulders to give her room to do what she wanted. She began by running both hands over the bulge from the base to the tip. I exhaled slowly at the first touch. I remembered the talented swish of her tongue on the head of my cock that night a few weeks ago. I seethed with anticipation as she caught her thumbs in my waistband and pulled down my sweatpants and boxers together and knelt in front of me. My hard cock bounced free and pointed up at the ceiling.

Rory used the fabric of my sweatpants to pull me closer to her. With her hands wrapped in the waistband by my knees, she lowered her lips to my cock. I ran the fingers of both of my hands through her hair until they caught on the messy bun. I let them rest there while she engulfed me with her mouth. I was careful to apply no pressure to her head or to pull her hair, but I did massage her scalp lightly with my fingertips.

I groaned with relief when I finally felt her tongue in action. It swirled on my head and sloshed while her lips gripped tightly around my shaft. As she started to bob her head, her mouth slid over my cock which was steadily soaked in her saliva. She pushed my sweatpants to the floor and briefly released me so I could step out of them. With her hands freed, she brought them both to my groin. One hand gently caressed my balls while the other slipped around the base of my shaft. I couldn't resist thrusting my cock in rhythm with motion her when she took me deep into her mouth again. She moaned around my shaft in response.

Her technique was having a marvelous effect and I felt my balls tightening and tingling as she sucked and stroked. I was breathing deeply and I felt my whole lower body tensing, I was getting close, but I didn't want to finish yet. I reached down and showed her I wanted her to stand with a gentle pull on her shoulder.

Rory released my glistening cock with a smack of her lips and stood facing me. "It seemed like you were close," she said softly, "don't you want me to finish the job?" She was still stroking me, using her saliva as lubrication.

"Not yet," I said. "Come this way." I guided her over to a spot on the wall to the side of the big fireplace. She moaned with expectation when I knelt in front of her as she leaned back against the wall. I slid her pajama bottoms down to the floor. She braced herself with her legs slightly parted to give me access to her sex. I explored with my fingertip and found it already slick and ready. She groaned as I slipped my finger into her to wet it in her moistness. I withdrew the finger and traced it all around the folds of her pussy. I lightly touched every other part of her sex two times over before I finally drifted a finger over her clit. She sharply inhaled and I felt a shiver run through her whole body. I did it again and she moaned. Her breathing became labored as I went on sliding my finger over her clit.

I leaned forward and replaced my finger on her pussy with my tongue. She shivered again when she felt my tongue on her. One of her knees trembled and she put a hand on my head to brace herself and pull me to her. I buried my mouth between her thighs and softly sucked on her clit and flicked it with my tongue. The warmth from the fire radiated around us.

"Oh, fuck," she whispered. "That feels so good. Oh, God, I'm almost there." Feeling her reaction to my touch and hearing the pleasure in her voice had me still hard, despite the moments that had passed since she had me so close to finishing. She exhaled sharply in protest when I stood up. She squirmed against the wall and her hand slithered toward her groin, but I moved closer to her so that my cock was curving up between us. I lifted one of her legs and she braced herself against my shoulder. She moaned as the tip of my cock rubbed against her wet lips. She moaned again as my first thrust pushed the head of my cock into her. I let out a groan of my own as I pushed deeper into her and felt her engulf me.

"Ugh, I've been wanting this so bad," she sighed.

"Me too," I said, as I pushed my full length into her. She smiled and bit her lip as I started pumping my cock. I was leaning forward to hold her upright against the wall. Standing as close as we were to the fireplace, we were quickly sweating. Her skin glistened with the moisture and she was moaning with each thrust.

We quickly tired in that position. Although I thought it was sexy, my arm was soon aching and Rory's leg which was bearing most of her weight started to tremor. She giggled as she dropped her leg and I stepped back from her.

I reached for her hand and led her toward the couch. Her eyes flashed as she followed. She showed me what she wanted next by pushing me down into a seated position. My cock arched up from my lap, and she move to straddle me. I yearned to slide back inside her. I grunted when she lowered herself onto me and her tight pussy fully engulfed my cock. She sighed, braced herself on my shoulders, and pressed her body down on my lap to take my full length into her. I held her by the waist as she started to bounce her body on my shaft. With each bounce, her sharp breath was punctuated by a moan as her body smacked against mine.