All Comments on 'Outta This World'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1about 1 year ago

Nice story, I was wondering how you were going to wrap it up at the end. Well crafted, Roswell and all.

Thanks for the read.

Cheers

SAGE

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

I wish more stories were written as well as this one. Beats the hell out of reading parts of 40 cheating Cuck shit stories and the rest of the garbage offered here. I still wish you'd graduate out of the dot dot dot shit. Sucks when you use a Text reader! This was an exceptional story, wishing it was a lot longer. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS. Well done Bh76, well done!

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 year ago

Parts were really good. Parts felt a bit rushed. I think this would make an excellent story that's about 2-3x as long as it is. It felt like parts were kind of yadda-yadda'd away, like the dating, getting closer to each other, etc. I feel like both the space plot and the romance were hindered by both being in too short of a story. Regardless, it was still enjoyable and shows a lot of talent. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

terrible

E.E. Smith and Ross Rocklynne read like Faulkner and Joseph Conrad in comparison.

dikupinyadikupinyaabout 1 year ago
cool

I would like to read more of this story. does the child have powers? do they tell Ari the truth. please continue.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Excellent story, I only wish it were a few pages longer. 5 stars.

hang1022hang1022about 1 year ago

Agree with others that it could have been longer, but that is only because you always want more when you enjoy something that much!!!1

CreepythinmanCreepythinmanabout 1 year ago

Lots of people commenting it could have been longer and I have to agree. It was pretty short but the character development was still ok. I am sincerely hoping for another chapter. There is still lots of potential here. Many thanks for your awesome writing!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

Thanks for a fun and creative story. There was generally enough detail to keep things interesting and moving along without getting too detailed on the SF elements. I liked the intro and the way John and Sherry came together, with her suspicions and his attempts to hide it. The Vasage invasion at the compound was believable but I wasn’t sure how they would have found John at his remote location. Was he using the alien communications technology or other items that could be tracked?

.

The other ship from the dark side of the moon harkens to a lot of other sci-fi stories, but that section felt rushed to me and was less believable. A little more detail on how the leaders of John's group were convinced and came together might have been good. Their decision to return home made sense, but I really liked how John and others with small children stayed when that opportunity presented itself. To me, that reflected John’s decision to leave the compound and go out on his own. He'd found freedom, love, and family, and that, in the end, is what true love is about.

.

Great job with this and thanks for participating in Randi's event.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Great story! Would love more.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Too much, too fast. Work it out, develop it and publish it!

JacktacularJacktacularabout 1 year ago

This is the good and the bad of these events. Good in that new takes on concepts are explored and good stories are written. Bad in that with the time frame these stories don’t seem to get the full attention readers think they deserved. It felt rushed, good story, but rushed none the less.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Fun read as usual. Agee with other commenters it was a little more “fluff” than your usual fare, but entertaining nonetheless. 5*

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Good story, but some things remain unclear? It was intimating that the last batch of aliens weren't what they said initially, then in the end that was ignored. Vasage supposedly exterminated their whole race, but ONLY send like a couple dozen people to Earth for some reason? Why did only 2 people have mental abilities?

Not sure if there'll be a sequel or a fuller version of the story beyond brief event-timeline-driven initial one.

I'm giving this 5 stars because I like the author overall, and the story wasn't bad, but honestly on its own it probably deserves at most 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories