Overcoming Burnout

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My hands went on her hips, and I pulled her just a little closer to me, which elicited a surprised yelp. A gentle kiss on the small of Bernie's back drew out a soft sigh as she relaxed. And when my fingers trailed down her hip, around the curves of her ass and then into the already moist, fabric-covered cleft between her legs, I was rewarded with yet another delightful sound: my sexy teammate gently moaning, "Oh, oh god, Max--"

Bernie let me take the lead then as I tugged at the panties and let them slide down her legs. She shivered, naked before me for the first time, then gasped again as my fingers took advantage of the unrestricted access to her slick labia. I teased her with my voice as much as my fingers as they traced her lips. "What do you want, Bernie?"

"Pleeeease..."

Gently gripping her hips, I pulled her into my lap. "Please what, gorgeous?" A kiss on her neck, and she moaned again.

"What-- ah, god, whatever you want, Max. That-- ah!" I reached around with one hand and stroked her engorged clit as her arm came back and around my head, pulling my face back to her neck. "That-- oh god, Max, that you want to do to me! Anything!" Her other hand gripped my forearm, nails digging into the skin.

I strummed her clit faster as my other hand moved between her legs; its fingers, first two and then three, slid between her lips. Bernie writhed on my lap with pleasure. Her ass was pressed against my cock, and it left no doubt as to what I'd want eventually, how hard and angry and ready it would be when she released it from its confinement. "Whatever I want? Anything?"

"Ahhh-- ah! Oh, god, Max, yes! I-- Anything, just don't-- oh fuck! Don't stop!"

She was grinding so hard on my lap, as though she could burrow through my pants, as if she could take me inside of her through them. Bernie's hips bucked forward and back as she began to lose control, juices sluicing onto my fingers as she came so very close to her first climax with me. "I want you to cum, gorgeous."

The woman the world knew as Burnout, the woman that I would soon know biblically, froze for a moment, body locked in place as her orgasm overtook her. Then she cried out, "Oh god, Max! F-- fuck, fuck, baby! It's-- aah!" I held her close as she thrashed, keeping her safe in my arms as she lost control. Keeping her next to me, where she belonged.

Bernie shivered in my embrace. "H- holy shit... where did that come from, boy scout?" She pulled away just a hair and turned to face me, a wary but excited smile on her face. "And do you have any other tricks up your sleeve?" Our lips met for just a moment before I nibbled my way down to her throat, and she purred at the sensation. "No, Max, it's your tur-- oh!"

She wasn't ready for me to pick her up and fully turn her towards me, straddling my lap, nor for me to latch onto her nipple with my mouth, greedily sucking at it. Not ready, no; but quite willing to adapt. Even through my uniform, I could feel the heat radiating off of her pussy as she ground against me. "Max, please, please--"

My lips released her nipple as I sat up and looked her in the eyes. With a growl, I said, "I won the bet, Bernie. I can do whatever I want to you for the rest of the night, right?"

She bit her lip again, not in arousal this time, but in worry. "... Yes?"

I kissed her softly as I laid her down on the bed, her body as light as a feather in my hands. My touch was gentle, as was my voice. "Then let me do what I want to, beautiful." She shivered once more as I made my way down her body, suckling again at her nipples, then kissing lower to her navel, and then to her mound. "Because what I want to do right now is hear you cum again."

A quick hiss of breath escaped her lips as I dipped my head between her legs and began to feast. "Max!" Bernie's fingers tangled in my hair as the scent and taste of her arousal filled my senses. She was still so very sensitive, writhing in delighted agony from my loving oral ministrations. I had lifted her effortlessly moments before, but now she was trapped in an iron grip, unable to escape. And as I held her in place, as my tongue dipped deep into her and my lips sucked at her clit, as she moaned and gasped and finally howled my name over and over, I was rewarded with a torrent of her juices.

My lover was already overstimulated, and yet we were just getting started. As much as she'd tormented me with her bets over the last few months, I was going to repay in kind. I doubted she'd mind. But first, a moment to prepare. An intermission to give her time to relax and rest. Bernie watched as I stood and stripped for her. It wasn't as sexy as the show she'd given me-- I doubt that I'll ever be capable of that-- but she still watched with rapt attention as the rest of my uniform fell away, until I was as naked as her.

Bernie swallowed as she saw my cock for the first time, hard as steel, the head shiny with precum. She motioned me closer to the bed, her lips slightly apart, then grasped the thick shaft in both hands and stroked it. "God, Max... God, you're so gorgeous. I mean..." She looked up, almost shy, then grinning wickedly. "You're handsome, but this thing..." A quick flick of her tongue, then an exploratory kiss, and finally she sucked on the head of it, making me moan this time. Then she withdrew, running a finger up and down my length. "So, so gorgeous." A little giggle. "And delicious."

Her expression changed from playful to a bit abashed. Nervous, as though I might reject her. How any sane man could, I had no idea. Bernie held her arms open and spread her long, muscular legs apart to invite me into her embrace. Then, with an expression as vulnerable as any I'd ever seen on her face, she quietly asked, "Please? Don't make me wait anymore."

How could I deny her?

When I knelt between her legs, looking down at the beautiful, athletic young woman before me, I felt a sense of reverence. She was magnificent. No other woman I'd ever been with could hold a candle to her. I wanted to take a moment longer to look at my lover's form, but her patience was at an end. Bernie reached down and took my cock in her hand, placing the head at her entrance and pleading once more, "Max, I need-- Ah!"

She gasped and moaned as I stretched her wet, tight cunt for the first time. I laid atop her, looking in her eyes as she slowly took my length, watching with a primal, prideful satisfaction as they widened with each inch that I fed into her greedy hole. "O- oh god, oh Max, please... so-- so... Oh God!" I hilted in my new lover for the first time, and her head pressed back into the mattress, the muscles in her neck straining even as the ones in her cunt welcomed the cock that had so lovingly invaded it. "Ffffuck! Oh god, Max, it's-- ahh! It's so fucking deep!"

I wanted to be patient, but I couldn't. The tightness, the heat, the velvet softness of her wouldn't let me. I began to move, perhaps before she was truly ready. But she found herself ready soon enough, and more than simply ready. She was wanton, almost desperate with need. Bernie alternated between kisses and groans and an absolute litany of profanity as I moved in her. "Oh fuck, fuck Max, it's so good! Fuck me lover, fuck my cunt! You fucking own this pussy!"

She came around me, howling my name again; that sound was rapidly becoming my favorite in the whole world. It drove me to pound into her, to take her as she told me to, to fully and wholly claim her. I drew closer and closer to my own climax as hers passed, and my wicked, wanton lover moaned and whispered in my ear, "Yes, fuck me baby, fill me, fill my little cunny, it's yours, baby, it wants your cum, fill m-- ah! Yes, lover, so-- ah-- oh god, so hot so fucking--!" Her body tensed once more, and then she thrashed under me, screaming, "Ffffffuck!"

Bernie had asked me to fill her, and I did, jet after jet of cum splashing deep inside as her greedy pussy did everything it could to fully drain me. "Bernie, oh god Bernie!" I knew, even then, that I could never get enough of this. Of her, and of the way that she made me feel. Not just physically, but the way she clung to me and gazed at me, the way she made herself vulnerable to me, the way she breathed and moaned and shouted my name as though I were the only man in the world.

I laid there for a moment, pinning her body underneath mine as we panted together, kissing and whispering tender words of affection, before I rolled off of my lover and pulled her tightly to me. For her part, Bernie nestled in as closely as she could, as if she was trying to become a part of me. She already was, though, and she needed to know it.

"Bernie... I have a confession." She tensed, and I quickly stuttered, "N-no, nothing bad! Just..." Those lovely dark eyes were gazing up at me, concerned, as I haltingly continued, "You said that you fell for me that day... Well..." I kissed her softly. "That's the day I fell for you, too." Her eyebrows went up. "Not... not just because of that day, though, it had been building up for a while.

"When we're out there, you're always watching out for the people that can't help themselves. Getting civilians out of harm's way, evacuating the scene, doing all of the... well, the stuff that the others call grunt work, but that I call being a hero, a real one. That's the important stuff, not clobbering some jackass with a death ray.

"And that day when I took the hit for you, I know it wasn't because you didn't see it coming. It's because if you had moved, it would have hit that woman that was trapped under the rubble. You did what I do, and you did it knowing it would have meant your death." I shook my head. "I fell in love with you that day, Bern and-- ah ah, I don't expect you to say it back. I'll even say 'really like,' if it would make you more comfortable." She grinned with embarrassment. "But it's the truth."

Bernie stroked my hair, a quizzical look on her face. "Why didn't you say something?"

"Because I thought you didn't like me! I don't know if you've noticed, hon, but you're a little prickly sometimes." She chuckled. "And we had the bet before that, but then you changed the terms, like it would be the worst thing in the world if you had to go to bed with me, and..." I sighed. "And I didn't want to tell you how I felt and have you feel like... like you owed it to me or something just because I protected you." A little kiss on her forehead to soothe that wrinkled brow. "Anyways. That's how I feel. You don't have to say anything or--"

Bern leapt straight in, fearful but resolved. "I love you, Max. Not just 'really like.' Love. I've never felt like..." She swallowed. "Look, I've never been in a place where 'love' was really an option, okay? I've had crushes, and I've had the hots for some guys and gals, but I've never..."

Bernie pressed her face to my chest, cheek to the scar that I'd earned in her defense. "I changed the bet because I wanted you to... god, I feel so dumb saying it out loud... I wanted you to know that I WAS interested. I didn't realize that you'd take it the exact opposite way, that I was rejecting you. I didn't think it through; I really, really wanted you to win, but I also knew you'd figure out if I threw the race. So stupid. Acting like a fucking fifth grader with a crush. 'Would you like to fuck me? Pick one: Yes / No.'"

"'Yes.'"

With a giggle, she squeezed me again. "Mmm, yeah, I can tell. God, I wasted months not getting this because... because I was afraid that you didn't want me. That you couldn't possibly... My life's been really fucked up, Max, and I'm trying to be a better person, and I know I'm stumbling at that. At, like, being a decent, normal person that doesn't play stupid games. But I'm working on it. I promise you I am."

There was a pause, and I almost started to speak, but then she quietly said, "Just... just don't hurt me, okay, Max? Please? I want to believe this is real, that you love me and I love you. But it seems like a fucking fairytale, and I know I don't deserve one. I've done too much bad stuff to--"

Before she could get even more wound up, I kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly. "No. Stop. You deserve happiness as much as anyone; hell, more than most. You're so great, Bernie. Such a good person, even if people don't treat you that way.

"Even with everything that's happened to you, you're still out there trying to save folks that would cross the street to avoid you, risking your life alongside 'heroes' that..." I shook my head and sighed. "You have me now, Bern. I love you. I won't hurt you, sweetheart. I couldn't stand it if I did. I might screw up sometimes, but I will never, ever intentionally hurt you, okay?"

She snuggled closely to me, then gave out an evil little chuckle. "Never? Even if I ask?"

With a loud laugh, I picked her up and put her astride me. "Oh, now that's different. I'll hurt you exactly as much as you ask, in that case."

Bernie looked down at me pensively. "You mean that, don't you?"

"What?"

"Only as much as I ask. If I..." A shy smile. "If I asked you to never be rough, to only be gentle like you just were, you'd do it, wouldn't you?"

My hand cupped her cheek, and she pressed her face into it. "Of course I would. And there's nothing 'only' about making love to you. If that's the type of sex we have for..." I chuckled. "Well, if that's the only type of sex we ever have, it's still the best fucking sex I've ever had."

She gasped, "Boy scout! Did you just drop an f-bomb?"

"Just because the air doesn't constantly turn blue around me-- unlike some people-- doesn't mean I don't ever curse, Bernie. I just keep it to myself most of the time."

Her hand reached back and stroked my cock. "Really? Because it was pretty fucking hot, Max." Bernie's fingers slid up and down my shaft, getting me ready for round two. The way her body arched, presenting those beautiful tits certainly helped matters along, as did the words that came next. "Tell me, baby, how do you want to fuck me? I love that you were so gentle before, even though I know you could break me in half with one hand.

Bernie's eyes glazed over with a lustful fantasy. "And knowing... fuck, Max. Knowing how strong you are. What you could do to me... nnnf." She bit her lip again and closed her eyes; I really wanted to know what she was imagining. "You've been so tender with me, and that's wonderful. I loved it." Then they were open again, and there was a wild, wicked look on her face. "But right now I want you to take me and fuck me the way you really want to."

My hands went to her hips. "Really? Not afraid I'm going to hurt you?"

"Hoping you will, just a little." A squeeze on my cock. "Enough to show me how hard my boyfriend can fuck me when I want him to."

I grinned. "Boyfriend, huh? I like that." I lifted her up off me and said, "Put me back inside, Bern. Show me how much you want this.."

That twinkle in her eyes was dangerous. "And what is 'this,' exactly?"

"Whatever I fucking decide, beautiful. If I want to use you like my own personal fleshlight, you'd never be able to stop me, would you?" Bernie shivered, but it clearly wasn't from fear. She placed my cock at her slick lips without hesitation, then moaned, enraptured, as I started to pull her down.

"Oh god, yes! Fucking use me baby, show me how you--"

The comm devices buried in our respective piles of clothing on the floor started to beep out an alert. From the tone, it was just a minor emergency like a fire or a bank robbery with no capes involved. Bernie hung her head down and sighed, "Fuuuuuuck!" Her hips wiggled as she whined with the frustration of having me half inside but knowing she had to stop. "Goddammit, Max, I'm sorry. I'm on call tonight."

Reluctantly, I pulled her up and off of me. The disappointment was definitely mutual; I could see her weighing whether she could pester someone else to take the call. But then, shaking her head, Bernie rolled out of bed.

She whipped around the room gathering her clothes up and dressing quickly, which for her meant almost instantaneously. "Can we take a raincheck? Or could you stay here until I get back? I'm really sorry, babe, I--"

I wasn't as fast as her, but I was still able to silence her with a kiss before she could finish the sentence. "Give me a minute to dress and I'll go with you. What's the situation?"

Even though I was busy looking for my clothes, I knew she was smiling; it came through loud and clear in her voice. "Yeah? That'd be great!" A couple of beeps as she checked her communicator. "Looks like it's some idiot with shitty black market power armor threatening city hall. We could knock that out quick, then run back here and finish what we started, maybe?"

I was half-dressed and starting to pull my boots on; like I said, not as fast as Bernie but still fast. "How about I take you out to dinner first? Someplace nice for our first date?"

Her smile was brilliant. Happy. As happy as I'd ever seen her. "Really?"

I pulled her into my arms as my cape settled into place. "Absolutely."

Bernie kissed me and sighed with contentment as we hugged one more time. "I'd love that." After a moment more, she reluctantly pulled away and turned to go. But then she looked back over one shoulder with a smirk. "Bet I beat you there."

"Oh yeah? What're the stakes?"

"Loser fucks the winner's brains out." Burnout, sexiest superhero in town, bad girl ex-con, and my loving girlfriend blew me a kiss, then was gone in a blur as I raced to catch up.

But not too hard.

—----------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this! It's sort of the Issue #0 (for you comic nerds) of a series of novellas set in this universe that I'm hoping to release commercially. All of them are self-contained stories, but each may reference characters or events from other stories in the same universe. More details to come!

My shoutout today is for my friend and beta reader elizaloo. She's a triple threat: she writes fun, fast-paced, sexy smut; has done some great audios (and will soon be reading a script by yours truly, so stay tuned!); and created some really lovely, affecting poetry. It's the last that I'd like to draw your attention to today, specifically For Her. I don't want to spoil it; the poem is short but very powerful, well worth the couple of minutes it'll take to read.

In the near future, I'm going to be recommending more writers here that I think you'd enjoy, mostly but not entirely folks that don't currently have any/many works in Loving Wives. They're authors that I enjoy and think deserve more attention. If you can suggest anyone that you believe fits the bill, go ahead and send me feedback!

12