Overcoming PTSD Ch. 02

Story Info
Survivor of PSTD moves on into next phase of life.
4.9k words
4.73
9.1k
17
13

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's notes: As always all characters in my story are fictional. Any resemblance to real people is pure coincidence. My wife of nearly 50 years, has been a great help trying to put my thoughts into usable English. I would also like to acknowledge another writer, here, who has given me more help than she realizes. A huge thank you goes to M J Roberts, who unselfishly gave me hints on how to write a better story. One more note, if you are looking for non stop sex, don't look here. This is more a continuation of how one might learn to deal with PTSD.

In my long and sometimes troubling recovery from trauma suffered in a roadside attack, in Afghanistan, while serving in the Army, I have been helped by many wonderful people. Including the team of medical professionals at Walter Reed Medical Center, in Washington, D C.

My psychiatrist, Dr Jennifer Miller, without whom I would not have been able to walk out of that hospital. Dr Mark Cohen, who fixed all of the physical wounds suffered in the explosion. My physical therapist Maggie Blaine, who, along with Dr Cohen, made me get off my ass and work myself back into the world of the living.

My parents, Ron and June Wells, back in Kansas, and, less I forget, my little sister, pita. Really, her name is Pamela, but seeing that she is almost 10 years younger than I am, she was always a pain in the ass, pita!

Last, but certainly not least, I have had the exceptional good fortune of living next door to a living angel. Patricia Ann Morrison, Patsy, all 5'1" and 106 pounds of pure angelic heaven, who became my best friend, sounding board, when I was down, and, oh yes, my lover.

To see us together, me at 6'7" and down to 220, we make quite a couple. Her parents were more than a little skeptical, when we, she broke the news what we had done while they were on their end of summer road trip.

Patrick, more than Gayle, was more than reluctant to let us move on, to see where our relationship was headed. I did concede a bit to his suggestion, and had several inches trimmed off my hair, and shaved my beard, down to a presentable goatee.

Patsy started her virtual classes at Seattle U. majoring in psychology, with the intent of going on to medical school. We decided it was best for her studies, if she did them from her house, just next door from mine.

Every now and then, I would be doing my work, from my home office, when I would hear the patter of little feet, and feeling her naked breasts pressing into my back.

"Is this one of your assignments?" I would ask.

Uh hum, running her hands up and down my muscled chest, while nibbling one ear. Each time we made love, I would ask myself, silently, how in the hell I got so fucking lucky.

She would help me divest myself of my shorts and boxer briefs and would place her body on my throbbing cock, kissing me, deeply, and letting me play with her aroused nipples.

Before any of you get curious, Patsy went with her mother to see moms OB/Gyn. So our use of condoms was replaced by "the pill"

Before any of the readers of the first chapter of this story, get to wondering, yes, I have had a few relapses back into my dark place. I have overcome each bout with my very talented support team, which now includes Patsy's parents.

The summer between her first and second year of school, she informed me that she was taking a couple of extra classes, and showing me her planned schedule, so she would be on track to graduate in just 3 years. With honors!

Between summer classes and fall classes, she quietly asked if we could visit my parents, back in Kansas. Grinning, I said, you obviously haven't been there, during August. Its like sitting in your oven. Extremely hot, with an even hotter wind. She and my family had met, many times on zoom or face time, and seem to get along just fine. Visiting Kansas would have to wait, for now.

The second year of classes just was flying by, with fewer and shorter bouts of reliving my battles. It was nearing the end of this second year of classes, while laying naked on my bed, out of the blue, Patsy asks if I love her.

"Honey, I tell you I love you, every day," I said. "Enough to marry me?" she responded.

"Yes," I responded, with a grin as wide as my backyard, "I never thought you'd ask me." I laughed. Luckily, she didn't see the tears running down both cheeks. "You have made me the happiest man on earth," I gasped. Patsy couldn't reply, as her mouth was filled with my growing cock.

In our time together, she has become a world class cock sucker. much to my delight. She has also become very receptive to my oral ministrations.

Needless to say, the conversation at her parents dinner table, that night was chaotic. Did you tell your parents, Gayle questioned. Among the barrage of questions, one in particular stopped me in my tracks. How many groomsmen do you want, Patrick asked, and as soon as he asked, he knew that hit a very raw nerve.

Virtually every man I would have asked for that honor was killed nearly three years previously. As soon as the question was asked. all three of them moved to my side, hugging me tightly. We must have stayed in our group hug for several minutes, before I smiled. weakly, saying I had thought about that very question from the first time I laid eyes on Patsy.

I realized I hadn't yet told my family, so I quickly set up a video conference. After our usual greetings, the Morrisons gathered around, grinning like the cat who caught the canary.

"You're getting married," mom screamed, almost loud enough for us to hear 1,500 miles away.

I guess moms have this 6th sense, but I asked, stupidly, what makes you say that? Look at Gayle's expression, Rick, she looks like a mother of the bride! Even pita, I mean Pamela, looked really excited. At 19 years of age, and ready to start her college basketball career at Kansas State, with an eye on their world famous School of Vetranary Medicine, she was glowing, she seemed so happy

With so much planning to do, Patsy set out with her unbridled enthusiasm, making lists. and this huge to do list. Just about the only thing that would slow her down was sex. Pure, raw, loving sex.

We would start. with her on top, me on top, great 69ing, and to her newest favorite, doggie style. With our extreme size difference, the best way we discovered worked the best was, Patsy on all fours, with her darling little ass at the edge of the bed, and me standing on the floor.

I would reach underneath, softly rubbing her breasts, and then moving one hand to her clit, massaging it to orgasm. We both found out, some time ago, that I could bring her to multiple orgasms with just one finger, or my talented tongue placed on and all around her very receptive hooded gem.

The next morning, we were just lounging in bed, when my newly crowned fiance whispered in my ear, "we should go shopping for a ring." I couldn't stop grinning. I guess that is a necessity, I stated, tongue in cheek.

The very next thing on my very long to do list was to text Dr Miller. Almost as soon as she read my text, the phone was ringing. All I kept hearing was "Mazel Tov, Mazel Tov" Hebrew for congratulations.

"You do know we aren't Jewish, don't you?" I asked. All I could hear was a quick, who cares, I want an invitation, was the next utterance.

"Is it too early to think about bridesmaids and maid of honor?" Patsy asked. Before I could answer, she stated she wanted my sister in her bridal party. "You know she is over 6' tall, don't you?" "We will make do," she said.

The next few months flew by, with my bride to be inhaling her classes, and my growing security consulting business booming. Texts were flying back and forth between Kansas and Greater Seattle. Plans were taking shape. A small hall was found, and it was decided that this would be a fairly small affair.

As the time was flying by, a registered piece of mail arrived, addressed to Patsy, from the University of Washington, School of Medicine. No way was I going to open it, making me a nervous wreck, until she returned from her classes.

Pouncing on her, as soon as the door closed, her eyes got as big as saucers, tearing the envelope open.

"We wish to inform Ms Patricia Ann Morrison, that she has been accepted into the School of Medicine, at the Seattle campus of the University of Washington."

I'm not sure who was crying more, her or me. First call, her parents. Second, my parents. Finally, Dr Miler, who was overjoyed, as if it was her own daughter.

Being the sensible one in the house, she looked me in the eye, and asked, "any idea how we are going to pay for this?"

In our nearly 3 years together, we had discussed finances, more than a bit, with my business doing well, and her parents paying her college expenses. "You know, I was getting my army pay all 8 months in the hospital, don't you?" I inquired. She just nodded.

"I've never touched that money, you know," I said. Its all sitting in the bank drawing a bit of interest, I added.

Wiping a tear from her eye, and kissing her heading to medical school lips as softly as I could, I told her I would sell my body to pay for this. Laughing at that absurdity, we fell into bed, tossing clothes in every direction. My hands quickly bringing her to the first of many orgasms, for the afternoon, and evening. Making love to my Patsy never got stale. No matter what position we chose, or how we finished the act, we can honestly state that we were never bored. The fact that everything was new for my little Pixie Dust, a nick name that is only used in our bedroom. Under severe punishment.

Onto her third and final year at Seattle U. Several of her professors were Priests, being Seattle U is a Jesuit institution. When she mentioned our pending wedding, several offered their services to officiate.

Wow, we haven't any plans on who will officiate our wedding. The Morrisons are not very religious and don't belong to any church. I asked the entire Morrison family if they minded me asking the Judge who sentenced the clowns who tried to arm Patsy, if he would officiate. He happened to give me his email, just in case.

We all agreed that it sounded like a plan. That being settled, Patrick asked me quietly, if I had any idea who I was going to ask to be my Best Man.

"As a matter of fact, I was just going to call him, now," I said. Picking up my phone, and dialing from memory, he answered on the second ring.

"Dad, I have an important question to ask," I said, haltingly, "would you be my best man?"

I literally could not think of a better choice. He is, and always has been my best friend. He visited me so many times at Walter Reed, never giving up on my rehab, both physical and especially mental.

"Oh, my God, yes, Richard, yes," he blubbered. Shit, if he was crying now, just wait for our big day. I also knew how much he loved me asking him, because he called me Richard, not Rick, or Ricky, like when I was a kid.

Getting our mail, one day about 4 months before our wedding, I get another registered piece of postage. Addressed to Staff Sergeant Richard James Wells, from the Secretary of the Army. Damn, what did I do now, I thought. Just as I was opening my letter, Patsy walked in, looking a little strange.

"What's that?" she asked, innocently. Opening up the letter, my jaw dropped almost to my chest.

Richard James Wells, your presence is hereby ordered to be at Joint Base Lewis/McCord on Saturday, March, 12, at 1400 hours. At this time, you will be awarded the Bronze Star, for bravery under horrific conditions. I set the letter on my desk, caught Patsy as she leapt into my arms and just sobbed.

"Why am I being given the third highest military award, just for surviving?" I asked anybody in the room. Pasty, meanwhile, was kissing away my tears, shushing me, keeping me under control.

"Its about fucking time," she hissed, "they told me three weeks ago, this was coming, and I've been ready to burst, keeping it a secret!"

"Language, language," I said, drying both eyes. "So, the army went behind my back, and told you?"

"I had to look it up," she admitted. "Did you know this is only topped by the Silver Star, and the Medal of Honor?" I just shook my head, yes.

This ceremony was just 3 weeks from Saturday. I quickly called my patents, who were overjoyed, to say the least. Even Pam was her excited self. While Patsy was telling her parents, I quickly texted my savior, Dr Miller.

After a great dinner with my future in laws, Patsy sat on my lap in our living room, and nearly knocked me over asking me when I wanted to start thinking about children.

I was dumb founded. Talk about out of the blue. I just stared at her and asked, "what about med school?"

"Oh, I am still going, count on that," she proudly said. "Maybe we should just keep practicing," she said, with a wicked smile.

Kissing me with some urgency, I picked her up, easily, carrying her into our bedroom, we fell onto our bed, slowly getting our clothes out of the way. This had to be the slowest, most sensual love making we had ever done. She started licking up one side of my shaft, over the pulsating head, and down the other side, all the while cupping my balls in her hand.

My tongue found her treasure spot, giving it one very soft lick. Then another, and a third, for good measure. It was after the third soft lick, when her body started shaking, and her mouth started vibrating on my cock, that her first of what was to be many orgasms this night shook us both to our core.

As we continued our oral lovemaking, I ran one finger up and down her little back door, without any penetration. Just moving my finger all around her tiny, back door, caused a low, gutteral moan, which I had never heard, before. Finally, she moved onto all fours, wiggling her luscious little rump in the air, inviting me to take her in our now favorite position.

Slipping my engorged manhood inside her soaking wet sex, I reached under her to caress each nipple. I don't think I have ever felt them this hard. Moving in near slow motion, working up to our usual climax, I wetted my little finger, and very softly touched her back side pucker. All I heard, even over her panting, was a very low growl that sounded similar to my name. Given the size of my hands, I knew not to try anything more than the one digit.

"Honey," she moaned, "let me ride you." Moving onto my back, she quickly hopped on top, placing both hands on my chest, grabbing two hands full of my hair, plus skin. The look in her eyes showed me the depth of her love for me, and gave me another step up in some sense of recovery. I wonder if Dr Miller would recommend a good fucking in her treatments?

When we were both spent, Patsy remained on my chest, with my arms wrapped around her body, catching our breath.

"Can I ask what made you decide to allow my finger in your cute, little behind?" I inquired. "I've been doing some reading on the subject, and did you know how many thousands of nerve receptors are back there?" I guess I forgot, she was going onto Med School.

"I can't wait to have our first child," she panted. I just grinned. nodding in agreement.

My big day arrived, soon enough, with the Morrisons driving the 45 miles to JB/LM with us. We were ushered into a side room, adjacent to a large hanger/assembly hall. I heard some sort of commotion, and the words, "let me see my brother, I haven't seen him in 5 years!" Before I could register my sister's voice, from another room, here came tornado Pamela, at 90 miles per hour. Leaping into my arms, and hugging me around my neck for all she was worth. Both of us were sobbing, when I finally set her back on solid ground.

Standing back a step, she held out her arms, and did a little twirl. The last time I was home, she was this gangly 14 year old, in torn jeans and dirty tee shirts. Now, she was a beautiful 19 year old, and absolutely gorgeous. She turned and greeted Patsy, as if they had known each other all their lives. She is finally getting the sister she always wanted. So is Patsy.

No sooner than I calmed down, out walk my parents. Hugging. Tears. One of the things I insisted on, during all my rehab, was mom and Pam were to stay home. We video conferenced, but nothing face to face. I did not want them to see me, face to face.

We were called into the large assembly hall, with the base commander, himself, calling the entire batallion to attention. Talk about impressive.

Taking my seat, front and center, with my two families flanking me, the commander, General I don't remember his name started reading. Before we get to Sergeant Wells' accomplishment, there are a few others who wanted to be here.

Oh, shit, I thought.

First, Dr Mark Cohen. In he walks, hugging me, standing next to me. Dr Jennifer Miller, and not only gives me a huge hug, but kisses Dr Cohen. Finally, Capt. Margaret Blaine, US Army, reserves. My chin dropped as Maggie marches in in full dress uniform. After my snappy salute, another huge hug.

The recounting of my valor was being read, with Patsy gripping one hand, dad gripping the other, and Dr Miller putting both hands on my shoulders. It seems I was being honored, not so much for surviving, but for pulling 9 of my team out of our burning vehicle. Even though they perished, they were not left to be burnt up.

In conclusion, Staff Sergeant Richard James Wells is hereby bestowed the Bronze Star. 1,500 hundred servicemen and women stood as one, cheering. For me.

Receiving this great honor, I whispered, to the General, do I have to say anything? Only if you want to, was his reply.

I stood there, in awe of the crowd, and while I was waiting for some return to quiet, my Patsy moved to my side, making me feel a whole lot better.

I honestly could not have put two words together, so all I did was take one step back, and yelled, "hoo rah!" at the top of my lungs.

Moving back into the smaller meeting room, a tiny, mixed race girl ran up to me, holding her arms out and saying up, up. I picked her up, just as Maggie was walking towards me. I asked my new little friend, what her name was, and she responded, "my name is Amanda Blaine Harris." Maggie moved next to me, saying I see you've met our daughter. Right behind her was a light skinned, black lady in her Nave blues. "Rick, I'd like you to meet my wife, Jo Harris, Navy retired." I moved to shake her hand, but she stretched upwards and gave me a huge hug.

Capping off this day of many surprises, in walk both my Doctors, holding hands. Patsy, already knew what I finally learned. My doctors met in Med School, and have been married for 31 years.

"Why didn't either of you tell me?" I asked.

"You never asked," they answered, together.

Shrugging, I couldn't find fault in their logic.

Moving back to Maggie and Jo, I asked how long they had been together. 15 years together, 5 years married, Jo answered. My new best friend, Mandy wanted me to hold her. again, so I just agreed. This felt so natural, I looked at Patsy and grinned.

Our next milestone, was graduation day. Sun was shinning. I could not stop grinning. Patrick and Gayle were over the moon.

After reading the names of most of the newest grads, they saved the honor students for last. One by one, each school read their honor students. Math, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Theology, after all this is a Jesuit School. They finally got to Psychology. I was already to cheer my lungs out. Finally, they read, graduating number 1, this year, Patricia Ann Morrison! I leapt to my feet cheering my heart out. Dad and mom were, too.

I still had the recurring thought, wondering how I wound up so very, very lucky.

Our wedding was just around the corner. Plans were settled. Judge Robert Ross agreed to officiate. The hall was ready. Patsy was more than ready. I was surprisingly calm. I could not stop smiling.

12