Overcoming PTSD Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had been giving Patsy and Gayle a lot of space, finalizing all the plans. Their skills at putting this together floored me, to be honest.

A few nights before our big day, laying in bed, relaxing after a great and satisfying sex session, Patsy leans next to me and says, "if I tell you something, will you try not to get angry?"

Looking her straight in her eyes, and taking her face in both hands, I very softly asked, "are you pregnant?"

Nodding her assent, we just hugged, and wept, and kissed, did I mention the hugging? And kissing.

Throwing the covers off, I turned on the lamp, and leaned down, looking all over her still tiny body. I'm not showing, yet, I'm only about 9 or 10 weeks along. Lightening up the mood, my little Pixie Dust, sits up, pushes our her A cup chest, and announces to me, "now I just might get boobs!"

Laughing, and holding each other, tightly, I started to make a mental list of who I needed to tell. My family was arriving the next afternoon, so I could wait. My Walter Reed family, of course.

Damn, I was going to be a father. My parents, as well as the Morrisons, were going to be grand parents. Pamela was going to be an auntie.

Meeting my family at the curb side pick up, at Sea-Tac, I put my dad in front, with me, and the girls in back. We hadn't even cleared the pick up area, back on our way home, when my mother puts a hand on Patsy's tummy and throws her arms around her neck and says "you're pregnant, aren't you?" All she could do is nod and grin. She then receive the same affection from Pamela. My dad would have to wait until we got to their hotel to show how excited he was.

Wedding day. Bright sunshine. Family and friends gathering. Fallen friends remembered, solemnly.

Patrick walking his baby girl down the aisle. Dr Cohen and Dr Miller right behind the families.

Patricia Ann Morrison, do you take,,,,, I do.

Richard James Wells, do you take,,,, I do.

Judge Ross, then says, before I pronounce you man and wife, I am going to allow Mark and Jennifer to practice a thousand year old tradition in theirs and my religion. He takes a small glass out of his pocket, wraps it in a cloth, and places it on the ground. Remembering the distruction of the Temple in Jerusalem, break this glass, so your marraige will remain unbroken.

Bam!! My size 14 shoe pulverized the glass to the shouts of "Mazel Tov!"

I felt so much love in that hall, that all of us Christians welcomed this new tradition.

We partied late into the night. Actually we did a lot more talking than partying. Everyone finding out about our great news. Both families getting along well.

How did I get so fucking lucky?

Along with starting Med School, I was told I had to accompany my new, expectant wife to her Doctor's visit.

I could tell how the Doc's eyes widened, seeing me, her first words were to expected. You do know, Mr Wells, how careful you have to be.

Grinning, I told her, first off, Mr Wells was my dad, and he lives in Kansas, and I was well aware of the inherent dangers of our difference in stature.

We covered nutrition, pre-natal vitamins, and, of course sex. I was so embarrassed talking about sex. with a lady I had just met, I didn't care, doctor or not, I was not comfortable. When she added, you know she won't break, and pregnancy isn't a disease, I wanted to crawl under the table. Patsy was way too entertained with my discomfort, for my liking.

I did, though, leave the office, hand in hand with my wife, gleaming. It seems as if we were doing a great deal if smiling, lately. And since our favorite positions were her on top, and 69 ing, we didn't have to change hardly anything.

I could not believe how quickly my budding genius was chewing through her classes, in med school. And, yes, as her belly started growing, so did her boobs. We did, though have to be careful, as her nipples became very sensitive.

Into her 7th month, I was instructed to join her, again at the doctor's office. "I just want to make you two aware, that while your baby is doing very well, she might be doing too well. She moved the ultra sound gizmo over Patsy's tummy, showing a nicely forming new life, which caused me to ask what the problem was.

Dr Clarke looked at me, glanced at the ultra sound screen, then lightly patted my Patsy on her tummy. "Mr Wells, do you think that little girl, is going to pass though this little lady's birth canal?"

I felt like the village idiot.

"Options?" I asked. A C-section will be necessary, before she starts contractions. I tried to remain calm, and was somewhat reassured when the good Doc told us both, this was not out of the ordinary.

We talked for the next 20 minutes, or so, calming both our nerves. The entire procedure was explained, in depth.

After a nice dinner, we just sat on the sofa, hugging each other, reading online about C-sections, in depth, which further put our minds at ease.

Talking to her professors, Patsy learned they would set up online classes, that would allow her access to everything she would be doing in the classroom.

Sleeping was getting a bit more difficult, but we were managing. We both settled on nightly kissing, caressing and telling each other how much we were in love.

Knowing our wait time was now cut down, I quickly starting assembling the crib we had received, two weeks previously. Were any of you aware that a fully assembled crib will NOT fit through a standard door opening?

Our weekly visit to see Dr Clarke, was met with the words, "young lady, you are not going home, go directly to the 5th floor birthing center. I just happened to bring her go bag, so off we went.

While the prep nurse was doing her job, Dr Clarke asked if I was positive I wanted to be in the delivery room.

"If you are asking if I'm queasy around blood, the simple answer is no!" I stated.

Off we went, with me holding her hand as gently as I could. Dr Clarke was explaining each step, as I couldn't see anything, due to Patsy being draped from her chin to the end of the operating table, except where our baby would soon me entering the world.

Exactly 30 minutes later, Jennifer Gayle Wells made her appearance, at 22.5 inches in length and weighing a whopping 9 pounds 14 ounces. And the heathyest set of lungs on the entire floor.

Ten toes. Ten fingers. And what little hair she had, it was NOT red, thank God.

I wouldn't let go of Patsy's hands, kissing them both, as a nurse was checking out our very loud daughter, while the surgical team was closing my wife up.

Snap. Snap. Sending. Sending.

My parents, in Kansas, and my sister in school, plus our Walter Reed team all got pictures.

Placing our precious Jennifer in Patsy's arms, Dr Clarke, with a huge grin said, "your lives will never be the same!"

Patrick and Gayle got to see mom and daughter as they were being wheeled our of the operating room.

Two days later, I got to take my priceless family home.

As Patsy slept, I sat in our new rocking chair, listening to an angel softly breathing, thinking how did I get so fucking lucky?

12