All Comments on 'Paint It Black'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Paint It Black.......

.........by The Rolling Stones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
paint it black

"paint it black" is by the Rolling Stones and "pleasant valley sunday" is by the Monkees..... neither is a Beatles song

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Whoops

Had to stop reading after the intro.

Your favourite Beatles song?

You mean the one written and sung by the Rolling Stones?

Just couldn't take you or your story seriously after that!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Problem at the begining with the Beatles references..... Bass Player was Paul McCartney, their birthplace was Liverpool UK not Woodstock and Mickey Dolenz was in the Monkies, not the Beatles. I know its fiction, but if your going to mention real groups etc, get those details right!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
title

Paint it black was Stones song not The Beatles!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic as always! Love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTF?

This story truly deserves the single star I gave it! I could barely make it through the first few paragraphs! And the author is either stoned, or brain-dead. He obviously knows nothing about classic rock. "Paint It Black" was by the Rolling Stones, not the Beatles. "Pleasant Valley Sunday" was by The Monkees, not the Beatles. Mickey Dolenz was the drummer for the Monkees, not the Beatles. Ray Manzarek (not "Manzurak") was with "The Doors", and Roman Polanski was a film director, not a football player. "Mony, Mony" was by Tommy James and the Shondelles, and "Solitary Man" was by Neil Diamond.

Personally, I think this story should have been submitted in the "Ridiculous Bullshit" category. Oh, wait - that's right. Literotica doesn't HAVE that category. Maybe they should, just so people like this author would have a proper place to submit the garbage they write!

amandadralaamandadralaalmost 5 years ago

could use less incorrect music references. none of them at the start was The Beatles The title was from the Rolling Stones. other than the music references I enjoy reading JimBob44's writing keep the pen working

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 5 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ugh

Your knowledge of bands is beyond pathetic. Ray Manzarek was the Doors keyboardist. Why go into detail like you did with all the bands when you know so little. It kills the story.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 5 years ago
Fun read as usual

Great sense of humor. Thank you for sharing your slightly twisted enjoyable stories.

Bh76Bh76almost 5 years ago
Nice

I love it when authors troll the anon commenters. Kudos to you on your music references.

nepomuk77nepomuk77almost 5 years ago
Good Romp with Hiccups

Story fair raced along and did they live happily ever after ....????

However, where the blazes did you get the link between the Beatles and the music?

"Paint It Black" was The Rolling Stones and all the other stuff you got right for ... "The Monkees"!!!

NO Beatles!

But a great romp!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stupid !!

Stupid ! Made no sense !

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 5 years ago
Sense of Humor

Seriously Anons? Ya'll don't believe the author knows exactly who the Beatles are, and who Mickey Dolenz is and who did 'Paint It Black' etc? Damn, no sense of humor at all. A really fun read. Full marks from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
needs serious editing

nobody edited this properly. Editing is more than spell-check.

What you won't hear often: what's in your head (writer, a speaker) is MUCH greater than the words you use to write or speak it. The audience (reader) only has your words--the do not have what is in your head (imagery, motion, sound).

An author has an inner experience they are trying to articulate into words, like taking a picture of the outdoors and expecting someone to experience what you did--in real life. That's impossible.

Thus all we reader do is try to follow what your are writing...and in this case...I couldn't follow it.

Get an editor. Also, plot out your story in BEATS...first THIS happens. Next THAT happens. Does it make sense. Fiction isn't like real life, it's condensed and is supposed to be compelling. Most life is tedious and slow.

Also **** You must learn to use language better than what Texting has turned everybody into.

NikkitaDARKNikkitaDARKalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

So you got the bands mixed up. Its still a great story! I kinda want them to go back later on and bust that fucked up Sheriff, but oh well 5 stars well earned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You are trolling us, right? ... right?

With the musical references being as near to completely wrong as can be, this must be an alternate reality. But I could not suspend my disbelief to read the entire story. I tried. My brain just would not let go past the musical mistakes. Sorry. The story will get a low rating because I failed to suspend my disbelief.

sailhikersailhikeralmost 5 years ago
Clueless readers

The Silver Bugs and Dancing Primates would laugh their heads off! You folks have no sense of humor and take R&R history waay too seriously! V+ pulsing stars!

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Funny Story

Thanks for the kind words and another enjoyable story.

Sometimes I believe that Literotica should be like a ride at Disney, where they have a "You must be this tall to enjoy this ride." sign.

We need a "Your IQ must be this high to post a comment." restriction.

Obviously, the musical references were a joke. It's beyond me how some people didn't get that.

Whatever. Thanks for a great story and I look forward to the next one.

ohioohioalmost 5 years ago
Ever heard of humor?

C'mon, guys--all those erroneous references to bands and songs were wrong ON PURPOSE! JimBob is pulling your legs, which are pretty darn easy to pull.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, in which case I'm even dumber than I thought I was (which is just possible)...

Thanks, ohio

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 5 years ago
Oh noes!

You done snookered them fellas into taking you seriously and losing your name game. Now you got give back that good conduct medal with oakleaf clusters, hear? And say you sorry, you, that was mean.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sequel

Well written story. This should not be the end though. I'm curious as hell to find out how the situation goes when they all meet up in Texas. So many possible endings.

heavyduty1to1heavyduty1to1almost 5 years ago
great

Please keep this one going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Didnt read after idiotic song reference

Given yoyr title reference is for a rolling stones number

Not caring if these were meant to be on purpose

Lazy & stupid

Onto my to be ignored list

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I almost quit reading...

...during all of the nonsense at the beginning, then with all of the name changing etc. Then I thought it was going to be a comedy of some kind, so I forged on. I'm glad that I did. It turned into a 5* story.

It would benefit from some editing, but I don't froth at the mouth about that drivel like some folks do. And you warned us in the beginning.of the story.

Obviously Terrance/Samuel/Sammi iis not as dumb as he appeared in the beginning. I think an argument could be made to continue the story when the doc and his daughter get to Texas, and they all meet up. Drug dealers too but thats not really necessary. How many of the hoity toity rich are fucking their progeny as well. Fathers and daughters, mothers and sons as well as all of the other permutations.

WOW, a whole community of incestuous sexual high jinks. Sounds hot to me, but what do I know, you are the author. I'm just a lowly reader. I'm off to try some more of your sexy reads. Maybe I'll get the guts to submit some of my stuff someday.

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 5 years ago
pleasant Valley Sunday

Was a "Monkees" song, not the Beatles.

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
Fer Fecks Sake!

I hope that the film studio name was intentional, cos it made me titter.

I'm amused by the amount of people that pulled you on your totally ballsed up song references but none mentioned about Roman Polanski. There may have been a famous football player by that name, but internationally, he's better known for his kiddy...I mean film making. O.O

If that and the FFS wasn't a clue to your wire being pulled I don't know what was.

I thought it was a fun romp, the constant 'huh' in their speech got a tad annoying, but other than that twas fun.

Couple of nice twists, if his uncle hadn't been such a cnut then Sammy wouldn't have ended up doing so well for himself. (that in itself deserved a visit home, just to buy the township out and leave Jimmy destitute...too much btb?)

Megan and daddy moving to Julia Lake where no one would know them, nice.

For the twists it would be nice to see where your twisted mind would take us.

Thanks for the ride, now back to my own ramblings.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623almost 5 years ago
Loved It!

Just enjoyed the hell out of it. Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lot of distraction, and a bit rushed toward the end.

What happened to the dealers (not the dead ones, obviously); did they not want their money back?

KinPAKinPAabout 2 years ago

Ah…Alan Hackett…the whipping boy of Oakleaf!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Well I started to rate this one extremely low. There's certain lines that you should never cross as a writer in my humble opinion. One of them is if you use real people and places in your story, even if it's fiction, you don't play loose with the facts or truth, so the following quotation really rubbed me the wrong way:

...Burchfield named the first township Dolenz, after Mickey Dolenz, the drummer of The Beatles. The next township was named Manzurak, after Ray Manzurak, the bass player of The Beatles.

-

But the rest of the story was redeeming enough for you to finish with a 4/5 from me.

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 2 years ago

Great story, but like another said, it felt rushed at the end. It was somewhat distracting to mix up bands and car brands, but this is just JB screwing with us...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lately I've had that great hit, "End of the World" by the Who, running through my mind...

I truly do enjoy your sense of humor. And your willingness to tease your readers directly.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It’s been 5 years since posted this story. It’s beyond time for another chapter. Get to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.