All Comments on 'Panthera Spelaea Ch. 81: Conclusion'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an ending. Loved it. Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Welcome back

Glad to see you are back . We are all worried for a moment out there. Great job as usual .

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

Glad to see your new post nice job .

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Another great story and I have read them all. I think there might be a sequel as the the switcher bodies are still out there just as the cave lion was for millennia before being found

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 2 years ago

Dang, bro. I guess you had to set up the "What if" ending. I can see it now... seal hunter in Greenland spots floating bear carcass, says "WTF?" and pulls up, puts out a hand...

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 2 years ago

Also, this story was way too "Game of Thrones" toward the end, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Got a few paragraphs into page 1 and remembered why I hate starting multi- part stories before they are finished. No longer recall the specifics of the characters and their places in the plot. Maybe I'll go back and skim the last 2-3 episodes and see if my memory refreshes.

There's a novel I got 20 odd parts into that I thought was abandoned only to have a part added after about a year, and nothing in the subsequent 6 months. Feel thoroughly cheated of the investment of time and attention I made to get to that point. Nothing against the authors, I do recognize the time iinvestment a big story requires. Just don't care for the piecemeal approach so many take.

I enjoy partwolf's writing, although he does get his own canon mixed up, but I'll wait on starting his next one till I'm sure it's finished.

txcrackertxcrackerover 2 years ago
Great Ending !

Sorry for your loss .

Great ending putting all the pieces in place , I loved it !

txcracker

XacksonXacksonover 2 years ago

The series was great, Except for the ending.

Killing Edward they way it was done put the shifters at risk, because they would have had no idea where the next person would would show up or who it would be and that just leaves a pissed off scimitar cat, who has at least 2 enemies of it thinks John had anything to do with it, it just left a taste in my mouth that I can’t really put into words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All was good until the end...one of your worst endings ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maybe they faked their death since John knew the truth and they wanted to just disappear.

ShibariKittenShibariKittenalmost 2 years ago

You sure know how to bring the drama! I enjoyed this story a lot, and I can see you progress as a writer as I’ve read my way through your works. I wish Alexandria and Edward didn’t have to die, but I like that you left it ambiguous so maybe they are alive? Thanks again, I look forward to your next book!

baldy48baldy48over 1 year ago

Particularly enjoyed the cave lion. I wrote a story elsewhere that had animals that closely resembled cave lions. Feel free if you want to contact me about it.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[28.02.23]

Excellente Series!

Great open ended ambiguous ending, reminds me of the end of Brett Easton Ellis' American Psycho with the 'This is Not an Exit' sign.

11/10 Chrome Headed Axes!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, I enjoyed that more than I thought I might - were/shifter stories not my usual thing.

Nit-picks - scientific names have only the first part of the binomial or trinomial capitalised; and the convention is that the name is italicised (see my comment to part 1).

Your description of C14 dating is incorrect - it measures ONLY the date-of-death, not length of life. The ratio of C14 to C12 in the atmosphere is (relatively) constant; the processes of life maintain this ratio in living things throughout their life, with C14 decay balanced by C14 replacement from the atmosphere, either directly or through food. After death, decayed C14 is no longer replaced, the ratio begins to shift away from the atmospheric value, and the difference gives an estimate of the date of death. It cannot measure age-at-death, as you describe.

Still, 5* all parts, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You'd imagine Zach would have hit them in a way where the body could be recovered. So sad for the cat to go missing in the Atlantic, possibly never to find itself a new host. (Assuming it wasn't just a faked death).

Or maybe it would work for an animal like a shark to touch the corpse and we'd get a were shark.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES