All Comments on 'Parallel Lives Pt. 01'

by The_Rat_in_the_Hat

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
nepomuk77nepomuk77over 3 years ago
Disappointment

Great writer with qualification of homosexual slant in many of his stories.

Wrongly classified as "non-consent/reluctance" improperly - should have been under "homosexual" since story was a paean to that orientation.

Will Pt. 02 be similarly overridden with respect to its nominal classification?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why a suffragist movement in the 1920s?

Men (of property) could already vote (in those countries with elected legislatures) in the 1850s at the point of divergence from our world.

The_Rat_in_the_HatThe_Rat_in_the_Hatover 3 years agoAuthor

Well, it's an alternate timeline - men of property could vote before the Anderson-Swift's outbreak, and with the reduction of the male population that ensued, women filled the void they left behind, including as the electorate and majority of property owners. Sometimes however, you just have to suspend disbelief and enjoy the story.

leeanna19leeanna19about 1 year ago

I enjoyed it. Many female run societies have women punishing men etc. I have written a few myself like that. This was realistic. One thing I would have think would happen. The technology would be way behind where we are now. Without all the millions of men that died being there to die. I doubt that the 2 world wars would have happened. Wars drive technology.

The other thing is men do all of the building and maintaining civilisation's infrastructure. While there are many females in the police, medicine etc. There are almost none in engineering roles. They do work in design and admin, just so very few in the actual building and maintenance.

I just wonder if 8 out of ten men died, would the world be like it is today without them? Would women "man up" and become car mechanics, bricklayers etc.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous