Pardon Me Would You Like to Dance?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers

+ + + +

Epilogue:

While awaiting trial, my divorce was granted. Early on I wanted Rhonda dead, but having her live knowing she contributed to Gloria's death is punishment enough.

The pardoned convict is now back serving another life sentence. He deserves a fate worse than death.

As part of the court proceedings, I was evaluated for being sane. The counselor understood my frustration. After my exoneration, I hired her and she has guided me back to the sane side of living. Whoever I had become died with that single gunshot. At least that's my hope. The hair on my neck still stands up when I smell smoke.

I thought I might be a pariah, but found just the opposite to be true. I'd done what a lot of people wished would happen. Getting my job back didn't happen as my notoriety wasn't worth it to them. I don't find fault with that. Even so, it didn't take long for someone to take a chance on me. Not believing myself to be a good role model, I've quit taking gigs as a referee.

Although propositioned by every local newspaper and television station, I refuse to do interviews. Book offers are shredded.

I don't go to the shooting range anymore. Only went to learn how to do one thing, you know. It took several weeks to make those bullseyes beg for mercy.

Every once in a while, I'll pull up that Friday night photo. Bitterness when I look at Rhonda, and sadness when I look at Gloria. It always seems to bring a tear to my eye.

= = = =

I know, what a ridiculous premise. What was I thinking? Oh Wait! What's this?

USA TODAY 23 DEC 2019

"Bevin has received national criticism for pardoning or commuting the sentences of more than 650 people following his failed reelection bid in November."

How about that? If we keep electing people with the acumen of twelve year olds, then it seems like the right to pardon needs to expire a month before an election, or be completely eliminated.

It may be your grandmother, mother, wife, daughter, or granddaughter. For that matter, why do they have to be related to you for you to care? How were they supposed to know that death lay waiting for them, when they pulled into that parking spot? It's too late for me, but quit thinking in two colors and start finding people capable of thinking in purple, before it's too late for you.

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers
12