All Comments on 'Parenthood'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 228 Comments
Galama88aGalama88a5 months ago

Nice heartbreaking story

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Great story. Loved it. Thanks.

Diecast1Diecast15 months ago

A great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart5 months ago

That was a tough read but in a good way. A well written emotional story of pain and suffering that led into healing. An interesting cast of characters, even the villain of the story got some backstory explaining why she did what she did. 5 stars.

TimcutyourshitTimcutyourshit5 months ago

Mother fucker what a damn great story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle5 months ago

If she died during childbirth, how was Tommy on the birth certificate?

And if he is suffering from so much PTSD that years later he is still a quivering mess, then he is no better than a broken dog who piddles on the floor when stressed. The only thing you can do is put the dog down because it’s broken.

This story was maudlin, sure but it wasn’t sad, Tommy’s character was sad. So much so that every paragraph with him in it disgusted me. He disgusted me. I half hoped he would eat a bullet and put us all out of his misery.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicago5 months ago

I have always been impressed with your works, Mr. Other. Your tales have more often than not been riveting and captivating. This tale is by no means an exception. With all the stories on cheating, marriages falling off the rails, swinging and whatnot, this is actually a breathtakingly fresh story about loss, recovery, and being a survivor rather than a victim. Very well done, sir.

-JMFC

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

It was a perfect story until I came across a miss placed comma hahaha. You were dead on,(comma) it was an emotional roller coaster. One of those 10 ticket ones (yup I’m that old)

One of the best writers on the site!!!

5&FAV

Big_Tim99Big_Tim995 months ago

Wow! I hope Whackdoodle is just a troll. The story is a difficult one, but it does give some insight as to what a male victim of SA can go through.

AlluredAllured5 months ago

Another great story, I appreciate that you take the time to write and post when you can, have a good festive season and stay safe.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit5 months ago

Ugh...just icky.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s funny cos just the other day I was hoping to see a new story from you. So glad we got it. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

great story. good realistic type story. even though some people don't believe things like things can be real, in life things like this most certainly do happen.

your new editor missed a couple of spelling errors, but not a train smash!

kelchakelcha5 months ago

4* for the writing. Story was not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the work.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

This was an exceptional story told very well. The “Other” stories never disappoint. I give it a 5 and a thank you.

irinmikeirinmike5 months ago

Very well done!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

I always enjoy your stories and this one was no exception. As forewarned, there is always drama and deep emotions in your characters, but I think in the early parts of this one you pushed it a bit too far, creating plot lines that ultimately did not add more depth but needlessly reinforced something you did right the first time. Maybe that's the reason for comments you made in the Ending Note? Like your wife, I had tears running down my cheeks at the end. Well done! 4.6*

KahunabobKahunabob5 months ago

Oof. This one was kind of heavy. I think you handled the subject matter as delicately and honestly as you could. Sexual assault isn't easy to write about, I'm assuming (and hoping) you and yours have never been subjected to it. I can't even begin to imagine how someone could write about this subject who did went through it. Tommy did feel real. At least as real as anyone can write a character that went through what he went through. // I don't think the Dominic sequence really added to the story. For something that impactful I think it should have either been fleshed out more and built up more slowly, or cut from the story entirely. I gave it 5 stars, but I'm on the fence if this is a (future) favourite. I'll give it some time to process.

JiZenJiZen5 months ago

Another great one.... So thank you very much for this one

JBird11JBird115 months ago

Great story, I liked how you wrote Britney especially and the defining moment with and Tommy and when he knew he loved her and would figure it out. Also, how protective a 3-year-old is of her father who is struggling. Great job and thanks for sharing.

DontPanic442DontPanic4425 months ago

Another great story! Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Lots of tears and emotions loved it deserves more than a 5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Try not to reuse the same emotion to many times in a story.Evan if you use different words.Readers tend to lose intrest.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you as always….your stories bring a tear and a smile at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A searing examination of how SA can destroy people’s lives yet a hopeful story as we see one man rebuild his life.

Not easy to read though.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow! What a powerful and emotional story. You are one of the best writers on this site and I look forward to your next offering. *****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So happy to see a new Other story, and it did not disappoint. Five stars, of course!

JPB

MarkTwineMarkTwine5 months ago

I managed to get through three pages of this crap before giving up. I just can’t read a story about a GUY who is so fixated on remaining a virgin that he goes off the deep end because some hot girl fucks him. Somehow you are trying to write a story with a male character who is more feminine than most females. It just doesn’t work.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

keep up the good work I really like you stories and thoughts.

WilkerbeastWilkerbeast5 months ago

You have become one of my favorite authors. I am always happy to see your byline under new stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the best 5stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not an easy story but well worth the read. A strange fit for loving wives, and knowing the temperament of many of these idiot commentators, and yes I include myself, your likely to get roasted by some of them...

But I think it's also the best place to have put it. Of all the different genres, I think it most likely that quite a few of the readers here would reap the most benefit from reading it.

I have my own history of mental issues. It doesn't matter that I know the cause of them, for me it's like I'm a recovering alcoholic. You'll always be an alcoholic, it will only take that one dark moment to start your downward spiral once again.

I'm the same. I may act 100%... ok... 80% pretty much all the time, but it doesn't take much to bring things back into my private thoughts.

I have also experienced the feeling that it takes another person who struggles with their own depression to truly, deeply understand me. That can be a positive or negative thing. Either support, or a common sink hole.

As for the story, it's Tommy's traumatic history that really let him empathize with Sheila's pain, allowing him to forgive her... and ironic that she's the one who caused it.

Brave writing.

h2osh2os5 months ago

Great story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@Whackdoodle,

What really would improve our day would be if you ate a bullet instead, but you're not that considerate, and you really wouldn't be putting us out of our misery. We'd have to care enough about what you say to feel miserable about it in the first place. Go back to TicTok.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So the state place an infant with a rape victim because nobody else in the entire country had any interest in adopted a healthy baby? So the best option was a traumatized rape victim? How about placing the baby with the rape victims parents instead. Wouldn't that make more sense than having a suicidal rape victim have responsibility for baby? And people think this is a good story? Whatever.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think this should have been in Romance. Still I gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Incredible work!

Ace.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stunning! A writer that knows just how to share strong emotions and move their readers. I wept for them all - including Sheila (at the end). Thank you.

Parkway69Parkway695 months ago

I agree with some of the other comments. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You were right. Mr. O, there were tears. Very well done.

I am married to a survivor of childhood abuse and it rang true, even to the mention of boys being traumatized. Abuse affects everyone. The children become unwitting parents and caretakers.

I hope they find their strength and their Sarahs. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really enjoy your writing, but it has to be said, WOW... What a pussy!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well you still like words too much, but this was well-written. Unfortunately it was dark, disturbing and not something I want to read in the LW section of a porn site. In the future please leave this kind of story for some other site. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think this story should have been in NonConsent/Reluctance considering the topic, how his rape impacted his daily life and the fact he wasn't married to Sheila. How is he a cuck? Why would he think he is a cuck? Why was that even thrown into the story? He was the father of Britney and Sheila wasn't fucking other men on him, she raped Tommy. I think that the term cuck has got so abused and misused, not to mention embraced for whatever reason, it is thrown out of context all the time. It is so overused with in these stories, it actually lessoned the flow of this story, as sad as that is. To each his own I guess. Overall an interesting if not sad story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another great story... as a rape survivor this was very triggering. You never really get over it. You just cope. It doesn't matter how long ago it happened, you'll never forget. There are times something on TV or something I'm reading would trigger me. I'd be back in that dark place I've tried so hard to forget.. rape absolutely doesn't just happen to women. We are just the ones to report it. I think men feel less than a man when it happens to them. And not all women report their assault. I'm glad he was able to get passed his trauma. Some of us are still struggling with ours.

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

Damn John, you sure know how to write a great tear jerker of a story! I loved it and get excited when I find you've submitted a story, knowing it's going to be a good one, as they always are. Thank you for sharing your greatness with us. Another one of your stories I wish I could give you 25 stars but how about another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Again, thank you very, very much. You are one hell of an Author and I appreciate you and what you do!

Baldy74Baldy745 months ago

What an excellent story, very well written. Though quite dark in places, it did show how love and compassion can heal and mend! Personally loved it, please don't listen to some of the other comments on here, your writing is a a treat I look forward to.

bhill8671bhill86715 months ago
Wow,

just wow!! My only regret is that I can only give it 5 stars!

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

I liked the story and the writing, but hated the MC, Tommy. There are millions of people around the world who have suffered exponentially greater trauma than the wimp did here, but continued their lives and had not depended on a three-year-old to support them.

Fireguy1956Fireguy19565 months ago

Excellent story. But expected nothing less from you. You have a wonderful gift, and are a great story teller and writer. You have made it clear that men can be victims also. Looking forward to your next work. Keep up the excellent writing.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Well written, beautiful and sad story.

JohnD46JohnD465 months ago

That was very well done. Only some who has lived through a very rough ordeal can recognize those feelings. Thank you very much. The letter even brought tears. Well done.

BlueFox007BlueFox0075 months ago

Thank you for this wonderful story. I know these people. Traveling to various midwestern small towns as a physician, I regularly heard stories of people who were threatened, beaten, raped, abused and humiliated. I would have a nurse join us in an exam room and tell the patient “The emergency room is a safe place. If you feel threatened, come to the emergency room. The people there will protect you. You are safe here.” Post traumatic stress disorder is real. Well done. 5*

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters5 months ago

Well that exercised the old tear ducts out, beautifully written.

keepercoach01keepercoach015 months ago

This is without a doubt your best story! 5* from me.

lerenardruselerenardruse5 months ago

What a heartfelt tale. I honestly felt so many emotions as I read this story. Yes, it brought tears but I’m sure if it didn’t there would be something broken inside me. This will be read several times. Thank you to a great author.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

That was a demanding read. A demanding, 5* read.

BoxerR100BoxerR1005 months ago

OUTSTANDING!!!

Thank you for sharing your talent.

LNRAstroLNRAstro5 months ago

Very moving story. Superb work! The only thing that lost you a star is Dominic needed Sarah to remove his balls, not just squeeze them. That or be charged with an unprovoked assault and spend some time in prison.

Phoenix2019Phoenix20195 months ago

Very powerful. Sometimes it’s hard to deal with our demons. I am grateful you took the time to write.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐ I like this author normally, and this story has a great plot. I couldn't imagine what that type of trauma would feel like. That being said, this is fiction, and it was way to heavy on the whiney drama queen vibe throughout.

woodrangewoodrange5 months ago

brilliant, hard topics handled wonderfully. thank you for this piece of work

SunnyU2SunnyU25 months ago

Feel like this was romance more than LW. Would have been nice if Sarah had more of a back story. I liked it. Good read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Of course, we know that forgiving those who have wrong us frees us from the burden that we carry!

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

This one was an emotional rollercoaster ride all the way to the end. It is a 5 star that had enough pain that I will never read it again, yet enough hope and happiness that I survived it.

froggytreefroggytree5 months ago

There's too much freaking dust in here, or pollen or something. I have something in my eyes.

other2other1other2other15 months agoAuthor

Thank you for all the comments. for a couple of the comments:

I put this in LW due as I didn't think it fit in Romance, and it likely could have fit into Non-Con as well, but I thought that Sheila and Tommy were in a sudo-relationship, when everything happened.

Repeating certain words and positions was on purpose. Through fighting my own depression and anxiety through things that have happened to me over the past couple of years, I find that I am often repeating the same things looking for normality. One of the comments earlier today summed it up nicely. You never really recover; you cope, and while you have good days, you will also have not-so-good days.

My aim with Tommy was to start him broken, then grow stronger as the story progressed, but still fight against his broken nature. Those who noted the scene with Dominic, this was positioned to be a point where his love for his daughter overrode his PTSD and pushed him to act. A major recovery point.

In my second draft of this, there was a lot more discussion about the dark nature of what was done to him. And for those who scoffed at Tommy, saying he was weak, sorry, but let's agree to disagree. I know survivors of sexual assault, one of them a male, whom I modelled Tommy off. And they are some of the strongest people I know. Sexual assault doesn't just break the body, but like those who go to war, it also breaks the mind. I truly see Tommy and people in this situation the same.

As always, I write these stories more for myself than for anyone. Yes, this is more confronting. But what I am loving is that even those of you paying out on Tommy (or myself), are engaging with the story. If you didn't like it, I have caused an emotional reaction.

Again, thank you all; I have a couple of other stories drafted and will work on getting them up soon.

Bronco56Bronco565 months ago

Another great story. 5stars

DazzyDDazzyD5 months ago

Elite work! I had the same emotions I had years ago watching Doctor Zhivago!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There's a lot to like in the story, including the fluent prose. The MC, however, was written at times like a teenage girl instead of an adult man. I understand anxiety attacks, etc., but you took his "fragility" much too far, so far, in fact, that the character ceased to be convincing. The ending also shaded into mawkishness. Very good story overall

PatricksonPatrickson5 months ago

An emotive story tackling a difficult topic. I enjoyed reading it, thank you for taking the time to write and post it. I look forward, as ever, to your next.

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

Anonymousabout 1 hour ago

Well you still like words too much

Lol run, get out while u still can. If that was too sad and gross for ya. It doesn't get better lol

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for the usually excellent job you do in writing. This is another A+ or 5* piece of literature.

Ed

borborygmi28borborygmi285 months ago

As usual, a great story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Much darker than your usual plots, but Wow!

I really loved how u went from the opening dream into his waking state. I too could the memory having had something similar with my own kids changing nappies.

I noticed someone comment about the scene with Dominic being out of place but I disagree, that scene became a major turning point for Tommy. Also, I don't think those complaining about Tommy get the nature of abuse, if anything 020 understated it's impact on a person's life.

Overall I think you are one of the most talented writers on this site. I just wish I had your gift. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ignore the haters, this is such a powerful tale

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When I saw a new story from this guy I was excited. Within a few minutes though you had shattered me with the plot.

I was a male victim of abuse and this was a triggering story. The emotions felt so real. Describing the sensation of touch during an attack. I was there.

So moving and powerful. I almost couldn't finish it but I am glad I did. Mr Other. Simply amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Powerful, lots of emotion. Thanks and I really hope you continue to write

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Welcome back!!

And, with a great story as well. All the human angst you pour into your stories always make them fantastic reads.

Look forward to your future works and again welcome back.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Difficult to read. I can’t imagine how you ever thought of this, but it was (sadly) all too believable. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Truly excellent. Thank you for sharing!

Erolit63Erolit635 months ago

You sir, are exceptionally talented. Very well written and, as sad as it was, very enjoyable to read. 5*.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol5 months ago

This is difficult to write.

It's more difficult to write something this touching and heartfelt, then post it in Loving Wives.

Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I made it to the end of page 1, and realized this was going to be a long slow slog through reams of words and details that were boring and pointless. Somehow he had fathered a child, the mother, who he hated (?), was dead, and he was stuck raising the child. Skipping to page 8 I learn that the child's mother was mentally dysfunctional, so whatever happened to this poor bastard was nobody's fault. So why would I want to read a story about what a crazy woman does? I might as well want to read about a crippled person falling down or dribbling food out of their mouth. There is nothing suspenseful or compelling about the behavior of a crazy person, right? Because they are CRAZY! So what the fuck do you expect? The author makes them do any crazy shit he/she wants to fit the "plot" without explanation or clever imagination, because its not needed: crazy people do fucked up things; you're not allowed to ask why. So how can anything about the story be surprising or suspenseful?

\

I'm glad so many readers find stories about crazy people clever and talented. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not worth finishing after page 1.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

That was a great story. One I’m proud to add to my favorites. I’ll use my cold to explain my watering eyes. Easy *5.

Frank66Frank665 months ago

As one who has complained about this writer's other stories being too wordy and repetitive, this one I liked. And even tho it was 8 pages, it moved along and kept my interest. Interest even tho I could not understand the MC's struggles and anxiety. I would have told him to man up, but there's a reason I'm not a counselor.

TexasBBTexasBB5 months ago

Very well done. Had me engaged the entire way and wanting to see how it finished.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

Britney was an amazing character.

AssignedNameAssignedName5 months ago

I was on the fence when I started reading, these stories aren't usually my thing. I am glad I stayed with it, excellent job.

KTD2020KTD20205 months ago

5⭐️. Very hard, dark subject matter. You handled it beautifully.

For anyone who thinks the main character is whiny or weak, I pray you never know someone who has been through trauma such as this. I have had the privilege and burden to know several over my lifetime. “Broken” is the only way to describe them.

Texasboy87Texasboy875 months ago

I have given your other stories 5 stars. I could not do the same thing for you this time. It all came down to Tommy. He was a wimp and had no backbone. I knew several of you fellow Australians during the Vietnam War . They were nothing but the strongest and bravest men I have ever met. I am afraid that if Tommy had served alongside the men he would have gotten some of them killed.

You are an excellent writer, it was just your main character.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like this story......would love a follow up with Dominic as laid low by this Other family of characters.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Thank you to the author. Very well written, definitely worth 5 stars. Unlike 99% of reconciliation and forgiveness stories, this one actually felt like it WAS indeed helping the main character, so I'm not docking points for the last forgiveness part.

/

@6King - I'm usually on the "suck it up and man up" bandwagon of mental health of the old school, but you're being an idiot. What you called a "whiney drama queen" is someone dealing with severe PTSD. It's not something conscious or easy to overcome with force of will. If you don't have a bloody clue, better not open your mouth to show everyone else your ignorance.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

great story, keep writing and I will keep reading

Gmann006Gmann0065 months ago

That was a very moving story, Well writen and very real life. You have a gift I wish I had but I have my own gift , I can see and communicate with spirits . thats amazing as well but I cant write or I would because I have stories upon stories, anyway 5 stars for your storie, ha cant spell either

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

SIMILAR Stories