All Comments on 'Party Animals'

by Iwroteathing

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Feldwebel1945Feldwebel194511 months ago

Well, that was fun read as always, really made my day.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The exposition and introduction is too long. Too little action in the story. I would say the the content is on the mild side of your (wonderful) writing. I encourage you to go Darker and Harder.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"So I decided that becoming a partner is the key to the higher pay and shorter working hours necessary for me to start joining her on her interests, travel with her..."

LOL.

I'm only up to this point in the story and am about to go back and keep reading (I **LOVE** iwroteathing stories), but, as a lawyer myself, I had to laugh at this line. How naive this fellow is (and not just about what his wife is probably up to). The old saying goes that making partnership in a law firm is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize for winning is more pie. Law firm partners, especially newer ones, don't make more money and work less. They may actually make less money at first (if they become a true equity partner) and will almost definitely work even more--not less--at least for a few years.

That's not necessarily a plot hole (or even important), as the character can be naive. But I had to comment on it, because I literally did laugh out loud when reading that.

Blank97Blank9711 months ago

Another great story by you. Looking forward to next one take all the time you need , don't rush it.

Some typos are there like Gwen saying to Claire "if I win" even though it is clear she is getting the ticket if she wins. I think it should be "if you win" or "if I lose".

SNEZ_WritingSNEZ_Writing11 months ago

Another masterpiece! Thank you so much for putting in so much time, work, and care into bringing this one to life!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I wrote a comment in Zoe's story but seems that it got lost in the ether. I said, more or less, that it was sad that such a nice woman had to suffer so much.

Well, you don't need to be a table to understand how a table works, but I'm glad that Matilda is exploring alternative ways of life, expanding her horizons. I think that philosophy is very sexy, so a bit of philosophical insight is more than welcome. I'm also glad to see bosses that worry about their employees' wellbeing, so rare. Is also great that Juliette can spice even more an already spicy party without ruining anybody's life, but quite the opposite.

Very good, man (I assume that you are a man). A wonderful story. I mean, Gwen is a bit of a lumpen, but I forgive you. ;) No, seriously, a great story. Very fun. Very rational. Thank you very much. As always, waiting for your next one.

-Onkana

wellrestedwellrested8 months ago

Amazing - loved the way the stories came together!

docholliday80docholliday808 months ago

“His bad rhythm barely changed as he fucked me doggy style, like he was used to a woman whose body swayed and reacted in time with his own.”

That is not incredibly poignant. You continue to make me pause often and think, “Damn, that’s great writing!” every time I read your work. You are, without doubt, the best individual writer on this website. Never stop.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIwroteathing@Iwroteathing
It is with great sadness I can confirm I have once again started a tight, short story only to have it spiral out of control into a sprawling odyssey.