All Comments on 'Pas de Deux'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Great Romance

I previously read and reread this story on another site. It was wonderful then and it is great now. I wish that Kezza would suddenly become as productive as SuperStang. His craftmanship is what you would expect of someone who spent his whole life discussing textiles. Beautiful in its details..

BelgiumBelgiumabout 11 years ago

Nice to see you write again!

And we Europeans do get British humour: that's why all those TV comedies (Yes Minister, 'Allo, 'Allo, Monty Python, Dad's Army, Are you being served?, and so on) are so popular over here!

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
OK

A really fun to read story. So nice not to go the Nora Roberts route...Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Much Ado About Nothing

Amazing. 7 pages and almost nothing happens. At times like this I feel I am really wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Very well written and engrossing. It was one of the best Romance stories I have read in here.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 11 years ago
Wonderful Story

I love British humor..... Thanks.......

deJay_13deJay_13almost 11 years ago
much ado . . .

To: "Anonymous 05/10/13 I feel I am really wasting my time."

Yes, you probably are! You are also wasting space and oxygen better used by someone of value.

Go back to your comic books and stay away from serious, talented writers. Kezza obviously writes way above your intellectual level.

de Jay

extemporeextemporeover 10 years ago
Great story!

Romantic, entertaining and delightful -- not much more to say.

Five stars.

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago
A very nice love story

Another nice story. This is my second read of this. I think I have read all your stories twice. This is a nice evenly paced story. It reads like a Hallmark/Lifetime movie. A number of sentences could benefit from some additional punctuation or restructuring to make them flow more smoothly. But still an enjoyable read.

MidMichCowboyMidMichCowboyover 10 years ago
Enjoyable

I quite enjoy your stories and I love the English viewpoint.

Nice job. (a Yank who used to play Rugby)

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Another wonderful read -

This was another good one - the historic connections - the care describing the research and the dance - so much information in each story to fill it out and make it seem real.

You can almost see the people and know them -

Thank you -

GeorgeInOmahaGeorgeInOmahaover 9 years ago
A perfect story

I just did not want this story to ever end. It is so complete and multifaceted, that is is an absolute joy to read.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 9 years ago
A tour de force

What a beautifully constructed story! I enjoyed every bit of it!

I laughed so hard over the conversation about the nasty nurse uniform, and taking temperatures and all, that I bumped the keyboard and temporarily lost the story. I thought it interesting that throughout, you gave the best punch lines to the ballerina; it did a lot to humanize her, and to place her and the researcher on the same level. Without that, and his habit of rescuing her from danger, there would have been less motivation for the reader to believe that their love would last forever.

We have a fair number of good writers on this site, of whom a few would qualify as master story tellers. You, sir, are surely one of those!

niestarniestaralmost 9 years ago
loved it

Great construction of the story.i very much loved it,good work and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice, however

There seems to be a consistent lack of commas in your pieces, which makes your sentences sound rushed and forced in a way.

Also, I personally think you use "as" too much, especially in places where because or since would be more acceptable and give your sentences a smoother flow.

Specifics aside, the plot was nice and I liked the characters. Definitely 5 stars.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
what a brilliant story

the clash of cultures was presented with humour, and no egos were injured in the process. a romantic love story with class.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 8 years ago
I liked it but...

There was something lacking. I think that there was not enough drama due to the shenanigans of the Cummings character. Apart from that though I thought it a charming love story.

4*

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 8 years ago
A very enjoyable read

A well written enjoyable reading experience. Well worth the price of time reading it!

I hovered between a 4 or 5 star but went with 4 since there are no half stars. The only lacking was more drama / action within the story. But then it is an 'English' storyline. Sorry just could not resist the pun!!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice romantic story!

Nice buildup, great characterization. As an American who lived and worked in London for a while I greatly enjoyed the British setting. Thank you for sharing your story.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
just enough drama to balance

the romance.

The humour was intellectually stimulating.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5 for a good story You know ther's noting more boring than dear annony!

And his dumbass comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
great!

Excellent writing, very good story.

well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A sweet romance. Well done.

Thank for your time and energy. It was fun and uplifting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story Line

Anonymous 4/5/16, Harry in VA is at it again using anonymous to give his worthless comments. Harry couldn't tell a good story if it hit him in his face!

RPGerRPGerover 7 years ago
Good Story but age problem

You indicate that Si has been a doctor for 10 years which puts him in in mid 30's. If Antonia is 6 years younger that puts her in late 20's... at least halfway through her career. She should not be rated as a new young ballerina.

Other nit pick is at the reception you had politicians, pedagogues of all parties. I think you meant demagogues not teachers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Time well spent

What a joy to read. Thank you.

JLD

Ok

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Good story

I like this story by many reasons, is sweet, lovely, with ballet explaining (my little sister was a ballet dancer many years ago) and without explicit sex, just the necessary.

Is a good Brit romance story.

5* for you.

I think that you are a candidate to be one of my favorites authors.

Good Job.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

I don't know why I haven't read this one before.

Boyd Percy

brownmobbrownmobabout 7 years ago
stunning thank you

wonderful story, totally enamored with it, again than you

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Bloody Brilliant Story

Beautiful romantic comedy/ love story! To fault it would be an admission of ignorance of literature! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

★★★★★

JOKE : Who is a Polar Bears favorite Pop Artist ? Answer. Seal.

PapaMikePapaMikeover 6 years ago
One

right after another, at least the way I'm reading them.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Bravo

A superb story!

jrquilconjrquilconover 5 years ago

Good story

But...

Could use more sexual explicitness.

abboncabboncover 5 years ago
Implicit is better!

This author is one of many who believe that Romance does not necessarily mean wild sex explicitly described. I actually find myself occasionally skim-reading the sex in stories so that I can get back to the real story.

Try reading some of this author's other stories, and you will see what I mean.

c50chrisc50chrisover 5 years ago
Lovely story of romance

As a Yank (I hope you'll read this post anyway!) I'm more familiar with the American writing style. However, I am quite fond of stories from the British Isles, particularly those about romance. I was delighted by this story. I'm going to "favorite" Kezza67.

Rake456Rake456over 5 years ago

Good, but I dunno, the dialogue felt way too... Literary, if that makes sense. I'm sure that's what you were going for, but it wasn't entirely for me.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamalmost 5 years ago
Utterly Brilliant

What a fabulous combination of scenes: science, ballet, toffs, colonialists, ancient and modern. Favourited and five stars. (Aha, spell checker can't cope with favourited)

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 4 years ago
Superb story

Wonderfully told tale. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So good

Loved it, but the attempt at American dialogue was not successful. We don’t say reckon, and I don’t think we’ve used the term Limey since WWII.

Just a tad more conflict would have made this a 5 instead of a 4.

wabbitwabbitalmost 4 years ago
Reckon

Some of us do say reckon. You just have to be from the right mountains. Very nice story. My family is from England and we may have to go wandering around churches as well some day.

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago
Great story!

This “colonial” (love it!) was enthralled with the imagery of England and ballet. Loved your fun descriptions of our colonies too! Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Decent story. Straight A--------->B plot. Maybe a little too much of clichés, stereotypes and pandering to American readers, though.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

A ver charming story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah yes I've often heard about the wonderful view of the mountains to the west of Dallas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet story without any real surprises. Sometimes that's what you need. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very enjoyable story, I think it’s worth more than the five stars I awarded it, but what can you do? Maybe I should come back in a few months, read the story again, and give it five more. Works for me. Thanks for the great story, Kezza.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Just as good the second time around! I have enjoyed your writing for a long time and when I feel the need for a warm and uplifting story I come back again to feel the glow emanating from your characters. It has been said in comments that this story in particular is quite linear without any real surprises or deviations from the plot line, and that is true but it is imbued with a warmth that quite overcomes the possible lack of intrigue. 5 STARS without reservation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Overall I liked the storyline and the characters. The interplay between Antonia and Si is well done. I do think that if Cummings was anywhere near as incompetent as depicted, he would have had a great deal of difficulty financing such a tour (much less handling the logistics). Also, I think the bit about Antonia's "perpetual diet" is overdone. Female ballet dancers undergo hours of aerobic exercise most days. They need a nutrient dense, protein heavy diet. Picking at lettuce leaves doesn't cut it. Eggs for breakfast and a stash of protein bars in the dance bag is more realistic. As for the chaps who lift them, they have a regime of upper body strength training along with the requisite flexibility and endurance. Apart from these points, I still find the story compelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I haven’t read this in years, but it’s just as charming the third time through. The author is one of the all-time greats on this site.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 month ago

It’s difficult for me to pick my favorite among your excellent stories, but this is at least tied for number one in my view. I come back to your stories once a year, and I always reread this one. Well done! I continue to hope that you will post more stories on Literotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous