All Comments on 'Past Forgetting'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

At least the young man realized that the night before was probably not going to be the beginning of a long term romance. It's hard to believe that Star Wars debuted 45 years ago!

5

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesalmost 2 years ago

Five stars, Ann. Your stories are works of art. Although the night together with Greg was supposed to be a one-off, I suspect Amy and Greg got together again. How many times? Hard to tell, but I can't believe Amy wouldn't need to scratch that itch a few times more. And I don't think Greg would ever pass up another evening with Amy. Great story. Thanks for writing.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 2 years ago

Another outstanding story from Ann. If Tom doesn’t find another girl he could always do it again with Amy. That is what he was probably going to ask her until he shut his mouth the next morning.

KlitomaticKlitomaticalmost 2 years ago

The power was strong in this one.

Qwer12Qwer12almost 2 years ago
Well Done

That was such a well done story with fun characters. Great storytelling with the fun of new sex. Great time for both. 5 Stars of entertainment. Cheers

corrytonmancorrytonmanalmost 2 years ago
As expected

A most delightful story. I always know I'm in for a good read when I see you have a new story up. Thanks!

bbaron2274bbaron2274almost 2 years ago

Cute and interesting. You opened many doors with lots of future and potential. There is lots of potential, don't let us down, We hope there is more!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 2 years ago

After that night Kathy was long forgotten! Love that you set your story in the 70's as it parallels my own growing into adulthood, but damn I didn't have an Amy lol.

Love your stories, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, they always feel so authentic!

Also, loved that ending

Blueman5410Blueman5410almost 2 years ago

Thank you for a good read. Although I know so many stories are fantasy, when you develop characters well and give some honest thought to what might be really going on in their thoughts, it makes the story very realistic and I find that so much more enjoyable. Although the way this is written, it MAY be a "one-time" meeting, I am hopeful you will weave more stories out of this promising start!

troubled watertroubled wateralmost 2 years ago

Overall, I enjoyed the read. Having been the younger man many, many years ago. I found older women who knew what they wanted, I surely knew what I wanted and.......! When older I became a bit of a mentor so the story line piqued both of my experience bases. Much like Star Wars, I see many follow on adventures regardless if you write them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sequel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful!!! A beautiful description of a point in time, probably never to be repeat, but always to be remembered fondly by both parties. 82 y.o.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story Ann. Two years after college, I had a summer affair with a married woman. We worked at the same big computer company, she was 50, a higher up, attractive, had 3 kids and a hubby and she was smart. To her, I must have been the young, good-looking geek, clueless about women. We met when my buddy and I were out for a drink after work. Three women came in and started ordering drinks next to us, finally she came in and joined them. She recognized me but I didn't know her at the time, she asked a lot of questions but didn't volunteer much. Finally, we started leaving and as I walked out with her, she said let's go back to your place. WOW! She road my face & my cock & I fucked her. On the way out, she said thanks for the O's and to not acknowledge her at work whatsoever. She taught me about work and more than a few things about women. She'd make my handful of women list anytime. She called it quits with me after four months.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another outstanding story Ann. Having gone to college on Park Row many years ago, I envisioned building there. You have exceptional character development in all your stories, making the individuals seem so familiar. Happy you’re writing more. JohnW

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Sweet. I remember my first time with an older woman. A lot of similarities

nyc1975nyc1975almost 2 years ago

Pretty sure that night and his first time seeing Star Wars will be inextricably linked for the rest of Greg's life.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story. Just goes to show that not everything is as it seems and being dumped my someone you thought you loved isn't the end of the world. Nice ending but I'll always wonder if there were any encores in their future?

Elaphe223Elaphe223almost 2 years ago

Another great story. Can't get enough of your work.

Dennis

OnlyJuan4OnlyJuan4almost 2 years ago

I love every story you write, Ann, particularly the ones involving an older woman and a younger man. Your latest definitely did not disappoint! Question… I’ve noticed that you sometimes set your stories back in the 70s, and was wondering what your motivation is in doing that? Is it because — like me — you reached your sexual maturity back then, but realized decades later how much you missed and use time travel to fulfill lust lost? Regardless… thank you. Again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another great story from a classy writer.

metroalmametroalmaalmost 2 years ago

Loved this line. 'I hope he believes that,' Amy said to herself as she felt her last vestiges of restraint fade, 'because I'm not sure I do.' The whole story was one of your best. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting twist on a story which by the way I enjoyed reading as it drew me in with my own vision of what the characters might look like. I envisioned a very beautiful lady and one that enjoyed sex which just accentuates her beauty within and a lucky young man with maturity and the intelligence to make him respectful. I've since dead numerous other stories and enjoyed them just as much. Thank you sincerely noel ie Toyman34ford@Gmail

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mature lady AND Star WARS! Best weekend ever. A very clever twist to your story.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

I have not read you previously. It is helpful that you announce in your biographical notes that you don't place your stories in the same literary universe; therefore each one stands alone, and there are neither sequels nor prequels. I was puzzled at why you placed this story in 1977, until we got the little twist at the end about Star Wars.

It is a tender and charming story, for which I thank you. 5 stars.

chytownchytownalmost 2 years ago

*****That was a very entertaining read. So well written. As Always Thanks For Sharing.

TomorrowTodayTomorrowTodayalmost 2 years ago

Bravo! Nothing delights and satisfies like a new Douglas jaunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story with a tender friendship between two people blossoming into more. I loved the Star Wars twist.

DSolomonDDSolomonDalmost 2 years ago

A short etude.

Always a pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ann, this is yet another 5 star masterpiece. But...but...just once, could you allow one of your younger men to actually keep his older woman? To at least have some small hope of being able to try to make a life with her? Please? Just once? Half a lifetime ago (I’m about your age) circumstances wouldn’t permit me to keep mine, even though we’d fallen very much in love. I find it terribly discouraging to think that this must always be the case. Certainly you can imagine some mid-1970s guy, about to graduate university with a lucrative degree, landing himself an attractive 40-something for the long haul. Maybe they’ve both been grievously wounded and help each other heal. Think about it? Please?

Biking1951Biking1951almost 2 years ago

Hi,

I have read many of your stories over the years and I truly enjoy them. You tell them with a voice of kindness. I think that’s wonderful.

Robingreen678Robingreen678almost 2 years ago

Excellent! I felt I was in the room watching every delicious movement.

Very erotic without being cliche.

Loved it! Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 stars, natch. Anything by Ann Douglas gets that rating without even reading it. I feel like she is an old friend….would love to meet her.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 2 years ago

Sometimes there's a "well-told story". Other times there's a "well-written" story. Seldom is there a well-written, well-told story. Thanks for delivering. 5*

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

I do love your stories. 5 stars, again.

LargoKittLargoKittalmost 2 years ago

Ann, you are very good at evoking real people in real situations. And the slide from co-workers to lovers is quite natural. I do want to challenge you with an exercise, though. The sex scenes are more about what is happening and not so much about how your characters are feeling. I was hoping you would use some energy on describing Amy's sensations as she felt this young man make love to her, perhaps some detail about the nature of his kisses, the feel of his hand, his chest, what she loves about his particular cock. How does she feel about how wet she gets? Is she so bold as to shove him on his back and grind the hell out of him? Are there any echoes of her husband? And if you want to flip the POV, how he experiences this mature woman moving and moaning, the urgency of her mouth on his cock, the way she can't help grab his ass. Okay to get really 'down in the weeds' in these scenes, and I believe you could show the details and the emotions really well. What do you think?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, as usual. I really enjoyed the plot and way you developed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story! She basically taught him to be a man and he remembered how to be a woman.It would be something if he fathered a child with her... Then she would probably be his wife.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensalmost 2 years ago

I especially like your stories about relationships between older women and younger men. You have a very nice touch.

Kicker73Kicker73almost 2 years ago

Great blow job description

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another well written piece! I'm not surprised.

Paul4playPaul4playalmost 2 years ago

A lovely romantic and erotic story!

Excellent!

MetalRabbit51MetalRabbit51almost 2 years ago

Lovely, sexy story! I appreciate the sensitivity to Chinese culture here. Made the story more authentic. I would enjoy a sequel. Maybe Amy finds a way to connect with Greg that doesn't cause too many problems. They are a hot couple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your stories, as always, are well written and enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite good, with a touch of sadness at the end.

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ann, you came through again in spades. Your reference to J&R gave context to the story; I've been there myself, and have ordered from them from time to time. Keep up the great work!

Paumanok_SurferPaumanok_Surferalmost 2 years ago

I personally wouldn't mind this becoming a short series of stories. Both characters have depth and are well written.

Given their current ages in the story. They've got a good ten year timeline of fun and frolicking. Along with personal growth and understanding of one another.

Five star effort.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Great story, well and gently told. The part about finding out sooner rather than later struck me as a lesson personally learned a few years after this but one which I tried to deny for too long until it finally sunk in. Here, I was happy for them and enjoyed their experience with its fantasy fulfillment and its realism, right down to the hot water running out while in the shower. I loved the little geeky aspects (WW, Steve Trevor/Steve Trevor, D&M, & SW), but there was one little timeline boo boo that jumped out at me. The Incredible Hulk premiered about 5-1/2 months later and didn’t broadcast as a series until early ‘78 (caught it because I used it in one of my stories, sorry). That didn’t affect anything and it left me happy for them, wherever it might have eventually taken them. Great job, 5*.

vkseverinvkseverinalmost 2 years ago

beautifully written

AndyAndrewsAndyAndrewsalmost 2 years ago

I love your work and this was a beautifully written, wonderful story. Many thanks!

Jadeoz63Jadeoz63almost 2 years ago

Well written, a good read.

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasalmost 2 years agoAuthor

One more I'd like to thanks all those readers who took the time to read my latest effort, as well as pass along an even more special thanks to those who took an extra few moments to make a comment as well. As I've said before, comments are the currency of the amateur writer and can only encourage them to write more.

kathy2012kathy2012almost 2 years ago

Wonderful erotic story! You have a way of making the sex scenes jump off the page! The character development is very good! Even though I am dedicated to women this was superb!

Lmcswain60Lmcswain60almost 2 years ago

Loved the concept and made me think back to my youth…..

juan2forkjuan2forkalmost 2 years ago

It's a lovely story.

Blue90aBlue90aalmost 2 years ago

It was a great story and so well written

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Anorthern great story. Yours are always a great go to and they are always 5 Star. Thank you

donmiller31donmiller31almost 2 years ago

Ann: I have always enjoyed your writings and I have been reading them for years. They are good stories, too good actually. They have been machined tuned and there are no mistakes anywhere. What more can I say.

I have said it before but I would just like to sit down at the table in the bar next door and get to know this nice Italian lady. Is she really "bi". Do you have days to yourself. I'm so curious. I have my 96th coming up in a couple of weeks

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Loved it, nice straight plot, nice characters

DocHollywoodDocHollywood9 months ago

Another terrific story, Ann. Shades of New Horizons but a different focus with the cultural aspects.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...