Past Lives

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'My power is limited because there is are no ley-lines and nodes here, but I was going to practice being more subtle in my magic,' Paul mused.

'If I commission a piece from you,' Hermes replied, 'it is my duty to provide all the things you need, including magic power. You wouldn't even have to pray for it.'

The thought of praying to Hermes was ludicrous to Paul, and it showed on his face. Hermes ignored it, the artist was from a world where the gods never showed themselves, he had always used his own abilities to provide himself with power.

He said: 'I was thinking of something like Melissa's little horses, something that moves, do you know of dolphins? My sister has an especial love for these beautiful creatures, and to have them jumping and playing around her throat would put her in a very mild mood.' And if he could find a way to get them to meet, Aphrodite would certainly want a piece of such a talented artist, providing all kinds of opportunities.

His newly found conscience object strenuously against this idea, and he soothed it with the unlikelihood that such a meeting would ever take place within the few months Lykos' visit would last.

Paul came to a decision: 'I will make this piece that you ask for, it is for a worthy goal and it will keep me focussed. If you provide the materials, gold, or silver? And maybe a likeness of a dolphin jumping, I've never seen one before.'

Suddenly the food tasted much better, and his excitement took a direction that suited him very well. He still meant to at least try to let go a bit more, but he knew how working metal relaxed him totally, and he inwardly thanked Hermes for providing him with a certain solution for a potential problem on this hot world.

Melissa and Paul decided to go to bed soon after dinner, the strangeness of the whole day catching up with them. Lukas said he would stay up a little longer, to catch up further with his father, and added in his thoughts, to allow them some time together.

The young couple left the door to their chamber open, to let in as much cool air as they could, but also to hear some noise from outside, they were used to living in a city, and total silence was not something they were used to.

Meanwhile, Hermes had opened another bottle of wine, preparing to reminisce on their past in this villa, but Lukas had something on his liver. His enhanced empathy had set off an alarm at his father's emotions twice this evening, revealing emotions carefully concealed on the outside, but potentially harmful to his beloved friends.

He could do nothing less than confront his father, for once they were on their way to Katarina it would be much more difficult to abort this mission and to return home. They each had a device in their backpack that George and Tristan assured them would take them to their own cellar in an instant, but Lukas really wanted to put things right with his daughter first.

He would not risk hurting his friends for Katarina, though, she had her own responsibility as well, and his was with Paul and Melissa first.

'Father, before my friends and I leave this villa, I want you to tell me the truth on two things that have come to my attention today.'

If Hermes was surprised to be so addressed by his son, he did not show any sign. It was rather as if he knew what was coming, and was preparing to submit to his son's interrogation.

His silence encouraged Lukas to point out an embarrassing fact: 'Father, the elven statues we had set to spy on you told us you were still very much in love with Melissa just before you entered the portal.

Before we did the same, we discussed this amongst ourselves, and we couldn't imagine it surviving your return to godhood, and the availability of girls and women who were interested in sharing your bed. It appears we were wrong, I caught you thinking of her with distinct tenderness today, and yet you showed not a sign outwardly.

I want you to tell me exactly what you are planning to do about this, for I'd rather return straight away and leave my sister to the mercy of your father and siblings, than help her and lose my beloved friend to your selfish interests.'

Well and truly caught out, Hermes bowed his head in, pain it seemed, and spoke: 'I betrayed my feelings in an unguarded moment, you are truly worthy of your title of master of love, my slip cannot have lasted more than a second.

But you are right, I still spend a lot of thoughts on your beautiful friend, I've never met anyone like her, she is so independent and loving. Such a free spirit.

And I plan to do nothing about it. There is nothing I can do. I can bend her to my will, but that would destroy her spirit, it would leave me with nothing but a body. Plus, it would be wrong.

I hoped to get a hug now and then, or a chat amongst friends, I hoped to become her friend and at least get the love a friend gets.

For I know you love her, and your artist friend needs her, and you need him.'

Lukas interrupted him here and said in an imperative tone: 'He is not my friend, her husband, the artist, he is Paul. You are dehumanizing him, father, and that frightens me. You always used mortals, bent their wills, broke their spirits, ignored their needs, and this mortal is someone I love more than you. More than myself. I will not risk Paul, and I will not risk Melissa, in any way, to save your arse. Do you understand that, father?

For the second thing I caught, was your intention to have him taken by your sister, for her own immortal uses. You at least know better now, you know that bending a mortal to your will will break his spirit, but your sister doesn't. She would make him her slave and use him until she was tired of him, then discard the sad remains. And she has a very jealous husband, who would not hesitate to swat him like a fly. The thought of that happening to Paul makes me sick with fear.

I will not allow you to hurt him.

I came to this world for you, risking my life, and my friends' lives and well-being. I do not want to stay here, not even as a god, there is nothing for me here. One more thought on using my loved ones for your own purposes, and we are gone from here, sealing the portal behind us forever. Is that clear?'

Lukas could see that his father was taking him very seriously. And more importantly, he felt the shame and the guilt he needed to feel from him, to prove he could be trusted.

'Can I still let him make the necklace for Aphrodite? He seemed to relish the challenge.'

'You can if you promise to keep his identity a secret from her until we have left your world.'

'You know I can't stop loving Melissa on command, I've tried to.' His father looked pitiable admitting this, and his feeling was hopeless.

'I know, father, and you can still hug her and talk to her, but no dehumanizing Paul because she loves him, and I'll check the spell you put on her before I go to sleep. If I find it more than you told her it is, we're gone, tonight.'

His father nearly choked, and whispered: 'It is more. I gave her a direct link to my power, so she can always use her magic to save herself, and I'd know if she were in danger. I'd be there to help her in a fraction of a second.'

'How could you, father? You had no right, she is not your subject, she's mine.'

'No she's not,' Hermes retorted,' she's a free spirit, she belongs to no-one. Not even to you, Lykos. I'm still way more powerful than you, and if something happened to her on a mission to save my arse, as you so aptly put it, something I could have prevented, I'd never forgive myself.'

Lukas could not but see the truth in that.

'All right, you've made your point, as far as Melissa is concerned. But you don't love Paul, in fact, I think you despise him, how can I be certain you will not plot to cause him harm, to remove him?'

'I do not despise him, Paul is a true artist, and his talent makes him worthy of admiration. If I caused him harm, or removed him, it would seriously hurt both of you. I offered him the same link I gave Melissa, but he ignored me.'

'He doesn't trust you, father, and I think he is wise not to. I will not discuss this with Melissa, for she is in no danger from you and she'd better not know of your admiration. But I will tell Paul and if he fears for his life, his freedom or his happiness at your hand, we will leave.'

'Please don't, Lykos, and please don't leave me. I'm just envious of his power over both of you. How can one mortal have a right to so much love?'

'By giving us everything he has, father, he has done so much for me, shared his love for me, though it was very hard for him. I may be a god here, but I still worship him.'

'If I promise to guard him as well as Melissa, will you believe me?' His father was practically flinging his feelings at him, desperate to convince his son of his sincerity.

The elves had told them he had changed, could be trusted. But that was before he was restored to power, on an alien world.

He replied: 'I'm still not sure, father, I'm risking everything here, I don't like negative feelings at all, but I cannot believe that you would let something you really want go to someone else. I'm not promising anything, I'm going to bed now. Good night.'

'Good night my son.'

Melissa couldn't sleep, it was just too quiet outside, and the voices coming from the terrace were too loud. After making love quietly, with Paul taking the greatest care to thoroughly please Melissa before even thinking of his own lust, Paul had fallen asleep, looking forward to the challenge Hermes had promised him.

Still in his arms, surrounded by his familiar scent, she lay awake, listening to the voice of her other beloved, worried that he sounded different, almost angry, an emotion that only his father seemed to be able to call forth in him.

Was it a mistake to come here?

And what could they be fighting about?

Drifting in and out of sleep, still hearing Lukas' voice in anger, his father now almost pleading, she resisted the urge to go out and see what was going on. Moments later, Lukas came into the chamber, undressed, and crawled in next to her.

She took him in her arms and felt the tension in him, and his solid muscles, his chest, his stomach, and those huge bundles on his legs, hard as iron. His scent was strong, had he worked himself up in anger? Lukas?

Still stroking his hard, lean body, she nuzzled his neck and asked softly: 'You're angry. Do you want to talk about it?' He turned towards her, buried his face in her breasts for a few moments, then looked up again and said: 'Did we wake you up? Did you hear anything?'

Moving one hand to scratch his horns, she replied: 'No, I couldn't sleep, everything is so strange, it is so quiet. Except your voice, I couldn't make out the words, but you sounded angry, I don't know you like that.' Lukas leaned into the blissful feeling and felt himself relax, his hands now exploring Melissa's creamy curves in silence.

After some time, he said: 'My father can still make me very angry, he is so self-centred.'

She replied: 'Well, he is a Greek god, they are reputed to be very selfish and uncaring about mortals like us.'

'I'm not worried about you, he really likes you and I'm convinced he will do everything he can to protect you. But I'm afraid for Paul, my father refuses to acknowledge him by name, considering him just another mortal and as such, a pawn in the game between him and his fellow gods. Let's sleep on it, and ask Paul himself, and if he doesn't trust Hermes we'd better go back tomorrow. We can go to his parents' estate or to Ireland to have a holiday.'

This really hit home with Melissa, if Lukas truly feared that Hermes would bend Paul to some goal of his own, she didn't want to stay either. She said: 'That is serious, but let's deal with it tomorrow, together. Do you want to make love now?'

Lukas looked at her hungrily and his voice was husky as he confirmed: 'I do, very much so. But wouldn't that be asking too much of you, with Paul heated up so much, to have two men to have to make love to?' He was so sweet to think of that, but actually, the whole situation made her feel eager for his love, and to be honest, the heat was having its effect on her as well, making her feel horny most of the time.

So she breathed in his ear: 'The heat is turning me on, too, and I want to feel you really close to me, inside me.' The love in his eyes was just breathtaking, and his feelings broke through his shield for a moment, or he projected them on purpose of course, his love and his need for both of them filled her up and made her feel so incredibly wanted and loved, that the feeling nearly drowned out her lust.

Until he bent over her and kissed her, his lean body against her voluptuous one, his rock-hard erection against her thighs, his dented lip against hers, their tongues meeting.

She wanted to feel him inside her immediately, so she got hold of him with decision and guided him into her, groaning with pleasure at feeling him fill her up slowly, his flesh against the sensitive places within. The heat flaring up surprised even herself, but she merely blamed it on the climate and enjoyed the feeling intensely.

Lukas seemed to be in a very thoughtful mood, thrusting slowly, experiencing every movement intensely. That was fine for the second round, but first Melissa wanted some action, so she reached out for his horns and scratched them firmly, getting the explosion of ardour she wanted.

This was just incredible, his trusts followed one another so rapidly, they melted together and became one intense experience, leaving her no moment to catch her breath and causing her to have a wave of bliss within almost no time at all.

Then Lukas slowed immediately, his mood unchanged apparently, and he removed himself from her and settled himself between her legs, ready to indulge in a nice, long taste of her. His tongue licked, his mouth sucked, and she quivered under him, his tension draining out of him, and her heat rising steadily. He brought her to several highs, all different, and she didn't stop him, even when her own heat had dwindled to nearly nothing, he seemed to need this just now, and it still felt wonderful, if not exactly filled with extreme passion.

And then he was ready for some action once more, and because he knew she was sated, he guided her legs on his shoulders, to reach that one spot inside her that could always give her bliss once more. And this time was no different, as soon as she felt his touch inside, her heat rose one last time, and as he speeded up she saw his face, smiling happily again, until she lost all contact with the world and spun in ecstasy, round and round, higher and higher, until she came with a smothered cry, and watched him as he lost it in total bliss, thrusting furiously, until he shuddered in release and crashed on top of her.

Everything would be just fine, she just knew that suddenly, as she laid there in a strange bed, but with the familiar shape of her beloved behind her, and the heaving, panting goat-man on top of her. She clutched him to her with all the love she felt for him, and he smiled at her, undoubtedly picking up her certainty of a happy end.

He rested in her arms until his breathing was normal again and they were both ready to go to sleep, then he rolled to the side and they fell asleep in a tangle.

Neither of them gave a single thought to the centuries old god in the body of a stunning young man, who laid in his bed at the end of the hall alone, awake, and who heard some of the sounds of their loving with a mixture of desire and sadness, and who was even more determined to prove his reliability to them, starting to see that sharing love with the same person was not always a bad thing.

Chapter 4

The next morning, Melissa awoke early, of course by Lukas kissing her, saying: 'I'm off for a run, or a swim, depends on the state of the paths, I'll be back in a bit over an hour.' Though there were no clocks in ancient Greece, Lukas seemed to have an uncanny sense of time, and Paul had brought his copper watch which seemed to run fine, Melissa couldn't wait to find out if time did indeed run differently here.

She was too much awake to stay in bed, so she got up, dressed in another one of those flowing linen dresses, this time a light green colour, and she sat on the terrace. Ophius brought her a steaming drink, not coffee of course, they didn't have that yet in ancient Greece, nor tea, but a herbal mixture that approximated the taste of tea surprisingly well.

She wished him a good morning, in accent-less Greek that still surprised her a little to hear come out of her own mouth, and he replied: 'And the same to you, mistress.

The master told me you were used to a hot beverage in the morning, this is what I came up with that resembled your English tea the most, according to him.'

Melissa was touched that Hermes had gone through such trouble to make them feel at home, and she said so. 'And could you please call me Melissa? Being called mistress makes me uncomfortable, I'm from a humble family.'

Ophius nodded and replied: 'I will if it pleases you, Melissa,' quite pleased to find her so kind and unassuming. He had a great deal of love for the boy he had helped raise, and it eased his mind to know that he had finally found love with two such stable friends. He had observed them sharing love with extreme passion, sorting out a minor problem amongst themselves, they had clearly supported Lukas in his rise to power and they were keeping him connected to mortals. What more could a young man want?

His master's slip of the heart yesterday had not escaped Ophius, nor had he missed the conversation in which Lykos had taken his father to task. It did not surprise Ophius that Hermes would fall in love with a young mortal, he had done that before, and this girl was very exotic in her looks and quite a character. And though never before had a girl ever resist his charms, it did not surprise him that Hermes persisted, either, he usually got what he wanted in the end.

What did surprise him, was that his master had desisted from just making the girl fall hopelessly in love with him. He could, and he always had so far. The fact that Hermes was mooning over an unrequited love was the only surprise in the whole affair, and he would watch with interest how things would turn out.

Ophius was very proud that Lykos had talked back to his father, and he did not doubt that his favourite would pack up and leave if Hermes so much as thought of turning his will to either the girl, or the young man of his choice.

Having heard his master's account of his sufferings in the future world, Ophius did not doubt that Hermes had learned a lot, the hard way, and that he would not betray Lykos and his friends. But that wouldn't stop him, Ophius, from keeping a sharp eye and ear out for information, for he was not going to let the son suffer from the father's selfishness ever again.

As Melissa sat on the terrace, enjoying the cool air for as long as it would last, she looked around in wonder and just couldn't believe she was really here. She could not imagine living here, it was way too quiet to her taste, and she really needed something to do, she could imagine Paul jumping on a chance to make a piece of jewellery for whomever, just to have something to do with his hands. She of course preferred to exercise her mind, and she would find a way to do just that.

After maybe ten minutes she was joined by Hermes, who looked as young and as fresh as ever. He wanted to greet her all over again, and she indulged him, reminded of Lukas and his constant need for assertion of their love for him. He was cute, like a sleek, handsome tomcat, but still cute, and he smelled very nice, and she did not mind at all to embrace him and even spared him a few chaste kisses.

1...34567...61