All Comments on 'Pat and Marianne'

by Quinn_McMullen

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful and romantic story. Many parts of this story is well researched. I feel that many parts of it come from your personal experiences. Being the age of the two many characters, I see you have grasped the importance of relationships, love lost - then found again, and how having sex care has to be given. Thank you for this story on this special day. K

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 2 years ago

Wow! A Navy captain and fighter pilot that doesn’t understand communication.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

putting the dead wife's ring on her finger was just too much. So she'll always know she's a replacement wife? Not sexy, not romantic, just... ugh.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 2 years ago

Great story, well written.

Rainyday493Rainyday493over 2 years ago

A lovely story - just let up on the casual ageism, please, it grated...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As a retired navy vet I enjoyed your story. Thank you. I hope you have more stories that have a naval element in them. I’ll have to take a look and see what you have.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Great story. Thank you

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

It was very enjoyable. A good follow up. My wife and I are in our late 60s. We were engaged in high school (well, the uk equivalent) and lost each other for 30 years, only communicating every 7 years or so. We have been together now for nearly 20 years.

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Rainyday493 - If by casual ageism you mean writing about what is like to be 60 years old and everything that comes along with that. Guilty as charged. I try to make my stories as grounded in real life as possible. Growing old isn't for the meek.

ChrissrChrissrover 2 years ago

Damn good! Taught SERE in the early 90's. Loved the military theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story was wonderful! Especially so because you have real knack for throwing in a little detail about the scene your words are painting or about what your character was thinking—at just the right moment. I hope there a sequel in the works because, as one who’s had several skin cancers, I’m concerned about that spot on Pat’s face. He should have Moh’s surgery which only leaves a practically invisible scar. Waiting patiently….

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the BEST stories I have ever read on Literotica! You are a fantastic writer!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No, this story grated with me. The whole quiet hero stuff was a over the top and ruined it. Gave up at page 3.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

She could've gotten in contact with him or reciprocated his attempts to contact him. She may have been his great lost love, but he wasn't hers.

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguistover 2 years ago

Meh. I was turned off by the ageist remarks. for gods sake they are 60 not 80.

P_DoggP_Doggover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Daughter Maria is still abitch.

This loser Pat should have not passed on his dead wife's ring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She seems too smart to have stayed with a man who sexually abused her multiple times. That doesn’t fit with her character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good story, a little melodramatic at the end. I mean really, who uses the word “alas” these days? That didn’t really detract from the story but it did make me laugh a little. Thanks for the story, QM.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story warrants a part 2. A nice read. Thanks.

G

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

Another excellent read. 5*...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
*

between old people on facebook and crazy bigot mother I'm done with this...

EVLoverEVLover9 months ago

Thank you, Quinn, for sharing another one of your excellent stories. Definitely worthy of 5*****.

I enjoyed the story as a follow up to Love Shack. The backstories filled in the 40 year gaps and made both Pat and Marianne human. The twists and turns, plus the romance, kept me interested.

I was struck how "crazy women" seemed to skip generations in Marianne's family and that her mother and her daughter both played majors role in keeping Pat and Marianne apart.

I, too, was a bit surprised when Pat reused his ex-wife's engagement ring. That said, his promise to buy a new one especially for Marianne saved the moment for me. As a practical matter, my sense that an aluminum pop top ring from a can of beer would have been acceptable to Marianne in that moment.

I was fine with the "ageism" as my wife and I, both in our 70s, are well aware of the need to use lubricant. I was amuse by the comment of "At sixty, I don't exactly shoot cum anymore. It sort of oozes out, but it was oozing into my dear friend." That was the first time I've heard oozing used relative to Senior Male Sex performance. Unfortunately, I, find it quite an appropriate term.

My daughter graduated from Cornell and I'm somewhat familiar with the school and the surrounding area...Ithaca is gorges. Cornell does have a very nice Hotel on its campus and their Hospitality program is top notch. I also have enjoyed visiting Cooperstown while I was in the area...Go Dodgers!

As a minor constructive criticism, I was surprised when the damp socks in the snow storm were such an issue. While I'm not a survival expert, I can appreciate that keeping dry feet is very important in that condition. However, given that they kept a fire going during the night, I was surprised that they didn't dry the wet socks in some manner...hanging them from the roof of their shelter, putting them on a stick and holding them over the fire like cooking a hot dog or a marshmallow, etc.

In any case, thanks, again, for a wonderful story. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story. Probably would not read again unless there's a chapter 2 with significantly more emotional healing than this one.

wwaldripwwaldrip7 months ago

Lovely story, loved the development of all of the characters

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot6 months ago

I guess I'm just an old, romantic fighter pilot at heart. I teared up more than once through this saga. I was a USAF pilot, but a lot of the scenes you painted put me into wonderful memories and scenes from our years in Europe. Our daughter and son had most of their formative years in Spain and Germany. Firewalled 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuinn_McMullen@Quinn_McMullen
A collaboration that Erin Page and I put together has been published. It combined her Virginia Beach stories and my Gabrielle story. Here is the link: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=6246638&page=submissions I strongly recommend Erin's Virginia Beach st...