Pat and Marianne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We walked around campus and she showed me places that were important to her. We returned to the hotel for a nice lunch on the terrace. Afterwards we changed into our evening wear and we took a leisurely drive out to a local winery, the site of the first reception.

I could tell Marianne was uncomfortable with being the focus of attention. Even though there was a reserved parking spot, she asked me to park at the far end of the lot.

We got out and she took my arm. "I don't want to go right in. Let's walk down by the grape vines."

We strolled along a walkway at the edge of the vineyard. In the distance we could see Cayuga Lake. There was just a touch of autumn in the air. We took our time, silently enjoying each other's company.

I sensed some turmoil bubbling in my friend, "I take it you are not looking forward to being in the spotlight."

"It's not that." She sighed. "OK, it is that. When I gave the money for this lecture, I wanted it to be for the students. It was never supposed to be about me. The faculty at the public policy school are supposed to select the speaker each year. I was expecting that they would bring up someone from the State Department. I never thought they would select me. I was only an ambassador's wife."

"It sounds like you were a diplomat in your own right."

"I was. When we were posted to Berlin and then to Beijing, I actually did a lot of work behind the scenes."

"Have you thought about adding a story or two from those experiences?"

"People don't want to hear that."

"I bet they would."

"Let me think about it. We should probably go to the reception."

"Just let me know if you want to leave early. We could say you need to do some last minute review."

"Good idea."

As we approached the main building, a tall man came out and welcomed us. He was the foundation president and he took us around and introduced us to nearly everyone there.

A waiter came up with a tray of wine glasses. I took a merlot and Marianne selected a chardonnay.

She said, "Don't let me have another one."

"Aye aye, Captain."

There was a constant flow of hors d'oeuvres being peddled by the wait staff. Plus there were side tables with an excellent selection of what would best be described as heavy tapas. I wandered around until a woman began asking about my military career. I found out that she was a junior faculty member and her area of expertise was military operations. We exchanged business cards and I told her I would be happy to answer her questions some time. I felt a hand on my elbow.

Marianne said, "I hope you don't mind, but I need to steal him away from you professor." She led me away, "We should get some solid food in us. Did you need rescuing?"

"No. That was fine. She's into military ops."

We went to one of the food tables. We each filled a plate then took a table in the corner where we could see someone coming.

Marianne leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I am having some horrible memories of the countless receptions I had to endure and host over the years."

_ _ _ _ _

We walked from the hotel to the lecture. The place was packed, nearly all were students. I was seated in the front row. The university president was the master of ceremony. First, she called up Rich Esposito. He had a prepared three-minute speech thanking me for my service, but mostly for my fine leadership example. When he was done, I walked over and shook his hand. He looked like he was in awe so I pulled him into a hug.

The president introduced the student government president, a senior by the name of Caitlin. She also thanked me and let it be known that she had received the scholarship the year before. She said that I was a wonderful role model for someone like herself that aspired to be a naval officer. She came over and ignored the hand shake and gave me a big hug.

I motioned to the president that I wanted to say something. She waved her arm, indicating the podium was mine.

I looked over at Marianne. "Thank you Rich and Caitlin for your very kind words. I hate to state the obvious, but this scholarship was only named after me. The person that is responsible for endowing that scholarship is the same one that has brought us all together here this evening. One of the most generous people I know and my life-long friend, Marianne Thorborg Huddleston."

The audience cheered and gave her a standing ovation. I tried to return to my seat, but Marianne hurried over and gave me a tight hug.

She whispered in my ear, "You will need to make love to me now for embarrassing me in front of all these people."

I whispered back, "Gladly."

The president introduced Marianne. Her lecture was even better than what she had presented to me earlier. She took my advice and added some stories from her career. It flowed together seamlessly. When it was done, she received another standing ovation. Then there was a question and answer session. I realized exactly why she had been watching that program on China when I woke up. The questions related to various situations around the world, but the vast majority related to China. Her answers were brilliant with some off-the-cuff humor thrown in to break up the seriousness of the questions.

Finally, the session ended and we were invited to the atrium for the second reception. I went up and congratulated her on a job well done. There was a line of students who wanted to talk to her. She was so patient with each one. We had been there at least another forty minutes before we went to the reception.

A waitress came around with a tray of wine glasses. I asked Marianne if the earlier limit was still in effect. She said one glass per reception.

This reception was mostly faculty and students and Marianne spent as much time as possible with them. Several times she scribbled a note on a cocktail napkin and asked me to put it in my pocket. After the fourth one, I folded them up and put them in my wallet for safe keeping. By the end of the night I must have had twenty.

It was close to midnight by the time she was ready to go. The night was warm and Marianne wanted to walk the four blocks back to the hotel, my arm around her shoulder, and her arm around my waist.

She gave me a side hug. "Thank you for coming to this tonight. It really made it special having you here."

"You're welcome."

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of plans do you have for the rest of the week?"

"No plans really. I was thinking I might do some sightseeing, but nothing specific."

"Would you mind having some company?"

"No. Not at all. When do you have to go back to Florida?"

"Never."

"Never?"

"No. I don't even have a return ticket. Part of me was praying that I could spend time with you."

I didn't know what to say to that, so I took the easy way out. I didn't say anything. I think that put Marianne on edge a little.

"Pat, for nine years, those years before high school, we were as close as we could be. If we had been able to continue to see each other I'm sure our relationship would have continued to grow. We had that magical week together, but I have always wondered if we would have continued to be friends. Close friends. Intimate friends."

We walked further in silence.

Marianne stopped walking. "Could we spend some time together and see if we are still friends? Still compatible?"

"Sure."

"You really have become a man of few words."

We continued walking. "Well, I think a lot. I'm afraid, you are going to find out that I'm not the same person I used to be. You put me on a pedestal for doing all the things I did in the Navy, but those same things make a person numb sometimes. I have done some horrible things. Once a forward spotter lined us up on a building outside Kandahar that Taliban were supposedly using to keep our guys pinned down. Our troops had already taken casualties. They were desperate. We took out the building. Our guys were still pinned down. Found out later that we were given the wrong target and we killed a bunch of innocent people."

"But something like that isn't your fault."

"I delivered that bomb. I would never be convicted of a crime, but that day haunts me. I think of the children that I killed. The innocent people who died at my hands. In turn that has really affected my ability to trust people. I still have nightmares. Some days I can be a complete asshole. Therapy has helped a lot, but I still have issues. My inability to trust people has affected relationships. My sister doesn't speak to me anymore.

"I have dozens of incidents like that in my life. Not necessarily killing innocent people, but pretty bad. I used to drink a lot. I finally got that under control. I think I have had more alcohol this week than I have had for the past year. No, I'm not an alcoholic.

"Another thing that flying has done is that I compartmentalize things. I had the flying compartment, work compartment, family compartment, and stuff like that. When I'm in one compartment, I shut out things from the other compartments. I think I even have a reading compartment. That hurts relationships too. I can really focus on something really well, but I exclude everything else that is going on around me. I'm hoping that since I've gotten rid of the flying and work compartments that I can start tearing down the walls to the other compartments. Terri and I had some arguments about it. She really resented being put in a mental box and forgotten about.

"The thing is, I don't know if I will ever not do that. Compartmentalization was a survival mechanism. When I was flying, thinking about anything that wasn't related to the task at hand would get you killed. I think that made me a less than ideal partner for Terri. She would rarely complain, but I knew it was hard on her."

Marianne stopped walking. "Will you at least let me learn about you? Let me learn who you have become?"

"Sure. You may have to ask a lot of questions. I promise to answer you as truthfully and as completely as I can."

"That's all I can ask for."

I took a deep breath, "So what would you like to do on our sightseeing trip?"

"Maybe go see things I've never seen before. Maybe drive with no destination in mind at all. If we see something interesting along the way, let's stop and see it."

"So, which way do we go?"

"Let's drive through New England. I've never been there. Well, I've been to Boston, but nowhere else. Maybe eventually you can take me to your house. I would love to see the life you've made for yourself."

"We can do that. As we get further north, the leaves will start changing."

We arrived at the hotel and headed up to our room.

Marianne said, "I know I told you that you had to make love to me, but can I take a rain check? I'm exhausted."

"Sure."

We climbed into bed and spooned. I had one arm under her head, and I held her breast with my free hand. Another erection was pressed against her fine bottom.

Sometime during the night, Marianne woke me and said I was having a nightmare. It was the recurring one where my throttle jams in the groove as I'm landing on the carrier and I have to punch out. The nightmare isn't based in reality. Just one of those 'what-if' situations.

I got up and used the toilet. When I came back, Marianne snuggled up to me, but sleep was not coming easy. It was nice feeling her breasts and hips pressed against me. Wow! A sleeping partner.

_ _ _ _ _

It was nine o'clock when we finally got out of bed. Marianne called down for breakfast to be delivered while we prepared for the day.

Over breakfast I wanted us to decide on some ground rules for our trip. We would alternate paying for things -- lodging, meals, and gas. Either of us could suggest ideas or ask to stop along the way. Finally, we wouldn't make more than general plans.

I called Rita and told her that I wouldn't be home for probably a week. I explained the situation and she thought that it was very romantic.

We checked out and started driving east on the back roads. Marianne was wearing a skirt that came to mid-thigh and went braless in a Cornell t-shirt. For a sixty year old woman, she looked great. It was going to be hard keeping my eyes on the road. I came up with a simple solution. Marianne would drive and keep her eyes on the road. I would sit in the passenger seat and keep my eyes on Marianne.

That plan worked perfectly. Marianne took us down roads I would have never selected and we ended up seeing places that were so cool. We wandered through the Catskills and Helderbergs. We stopped at anything that was interesting -- little shops, waterfalls, historical markers. We had lunch at a picnic table outside a general store, sharing a sub sandwich.

When we were done eating Marianne touched my hand, "How is it for you not driving?"

"Initially, it was a little hard, but I get to do more sightseeing this way."

"Sightseeing? You're looking at me all the time."

"Yes. Beautiful scenery."

She slapped my hand. "You are such a man."

"And you are all woman. I love this outfit."

"I wore it just for you. I love being able to drive. I have rarely ever gotten to drive on a trip. David never let me. Have you thought about places you would like to go to?

"I was thinking that you might like Mystic, Connecticut. Definitely Newport, Rhode Island. I would like to see the USS Constitution in Boston Harbor. How about you?"

"I'd like to see where some famous people lived. I know Herman Melville and Emily Dickenson lived in Massachusetts. Maybe see Salem where they had the witches. Could we go all the way to Maine?"

"Sure. The coast of Maine is beautiful."

"Where should we stay tonight?"

"Well. At our present rate, we'll just about get over the Hudson River. I'll see if there's a B&B that we could get a reservation at."

I looked up our options on my phone. I found what looked like a nice place in the town of Hudson and booked their best room.

After lunch, we continued our meandering trek. Marianne found a second hand shop and she scoured through the racks looking for 'cute outfits'. She made it a point to tease me. She came out of the little fitting room to show me various outfits. Every top showed off her erect nipples -- blouses, a tube top, t-shirts, and a halter top.

We were the only ones back there and once she came out topless. "How about this top?"

"I love it, but I don't think you could wear it to dinner."

I was getting stiffer by the minute.

At one point she came out in a mini-skirt, "Is this too short?"

"What is your definition of too short?"

"Can you see my lady parts?"

Then she gave a little twirl and sure enough, there was her beautiful bush.

Oh god, she was killing me. "Yes."

"OK. Then that will be a keeper."

"Are you purposely trying to tease me?"

"Absolutely."

This was quite a change from my experience with Terri. She never went braless except in the house and always wore clothes that were modest. Marianne was just the opposite. She reveled in her sexuality. She loved showing herself to me. She ended up buying several outfits for our trip.

After meandering across the countryside we found our B&B and checked in. That evening we found a very classy French restaurant.

When our wine came, I raised my glass, "Here's to old friends and new adventures."

Marianne clinked my glass, "To old loves and new lives together."

_ _ _ _ _

That evening as we were preparing for bed, Marianne leaned against the doorway in her negligée. "Pat."

"Yes, ma'am."

"I have decided to change what I wear to bed."

Marianne reached down and pulled her negligée over her head. She was so beautiful. Her nipples were erect. I could see her labia peeking out under the pubic hair.

She walked up to me, "My granddaughter Lily saw me naked before the pandemic and told me that I should use an iron like her mom did to get out wrinkles."

I had to smile at that one. She placed her hands behind my neck.

I placed mine on her hips. "Personally, I have come to love wrinkles. Wrinkles and scars come with wisdom and living life. Someone asked me at my retirement party if I would like to go back to the beginning of my career. I told them, only if I could take all my life lessons with me."

Marianne kissed me, "I couldn't agree more. Would you indulge an old lady and allow me to undress you?"

I nodded, "You are not an old lady, my dear. Older than we used to be, but not old."

I took off my jacket and placed it on my bag. Marianne unbuttoned my shirt and let it fall to the floor. She ran her fingers through my chest hair.

She noticed a scar on my chest, "Melanoma?"

"Actually, that's from an injury. My melanoma scars are on my back."

She unbuckled my trousers and let them fall. I kicked off my shoes and stepped out of the pants. I was a bit more than tumescent.

She eyed my crotch, "I so much prefer boxers to those other things men wear."

"Well, I'm a boxer kind of guy."

She knelt in front of me, "May I?"

"Yes you may."

She ran her finger along the long scar on my thigh. "That must have hurt."

"It did."

Marianne lowered my boxers and my penis sprang up, now horizontal to the floor. "Hello there Mister Man. I remember you." She looked up at me. "I always thought you had a beautiful penis. Your red pubes. Pink skin. I didn't get to see it very much though."

I reached my hand down and tried to pull her up, "Shall we retire my dear?"

She kissed my glans then stood. "Yes, my love."

We walked to the bed and she climbed under the covers. I noticed a tube of KY on the nightstand.

She saw where I looked, "Women of a certain age do not naturally produce lubricating fluids."

I nodded, "I have some familiarity with that issue. Similarly men of a certain age may not have the same performance of a younger man."

She eyed my erection, "At the moment you don't seem to have any issues. Since we're going to sleep, perhaps you should turn the light off."

I lay down next to her in the darkness. Marianne pressed her body to mine. A little light came in through the window and as my eyes adjusted I could start to make her out.

She straddled me, her pubes on my stomach. Her breasts pressed into my chest as she leaned down and began kissing me. I placed my hands on her butt and she groaned.

"Pat, can I make love to you? Please?"

"I think I need to spend some time getting you aroused."

"I am aroused."

"Yes, but I have always made of point of putting my lover's pleasure first."

I rolled her onto her back. I gently kissed her mouth then moved to her earlobe. A nibble or two there, then down across her neck.

She whispered, "You give me shivers."

I kissed her breasts, but avoided her nipples. I realized that neither of us probably had a lot of endurance, so I began sucking and kneading those lovely buds with my mouth. Marianne's fingers moved through my hair.

I moved between her legs and began licking the length of her slit. As I was licking her and feeling her labia under my tongue, I remembered that they looked like a Georgia O'Keefe painting. I probed into her opening, then focused on her clit. I reached both hands up and took her nipples between my fingers. I ran my tongue along her labia, savoring the taste of her fluids.

Marianne pressed her hips upward and gripped my hair. I was prepared to spend as much time as possible pleasuring this woman, but I heard her breath begin to quicken. I probed into her vagina and found her g-spot was ready. A little rubbing sent her over the edge. Her pelvic muscles were contracting on my fingers. I rubbed for a bit more, then climbed up next to her.

I reached over and grabbed the KY and placed it in her hand in the darkness. "You might need this."

Marianne was still recovering as I pulled her on top of me. She straddled my chest again and kissed me. She raised her hips and I felt her lubricated hand take my penis and place it at her opening. She eased herself onto me. Even at sixty, the feeling of that first penetration into a woman is exquisite. She began grinding her pubic mound against mine. Her hands on my chest. I reached up and cupped her breasts, taking her nipples in my fingers. I could feel her pelvic muscles begin to contract again as she had another orgasm. I could feel gooseflesh on her breasts. Her head was thrown back and she was panting.