Pathfinder: Union of the Righteous

Story Info
A Paladin and a Redeemed Succubus femslash hook-up.
9.4k words
1.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pathfinder: Union of the Righteous, by AchtungNight.

Summary- A Paladin and a Redeemed Succubus femslash hook-up.

Codes- FF, oral, anal, interracial, romance, fantasy, group, exhib, voyeur, angel, demon.

Fantasy Casting- All characters are voiced by their actors from the video game Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Lindsay Sheppard can voice Callistria, Lisa Ortiz can voice Desna, and Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld can voice Shelyn since those roles were not cast in the game.

Intro- This story is adult fanfiction for the video game Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. I will presume the reader is familiar with the game, particularly the characters Seelah and Arueshalae, as well as the Pathfinder pantheon of Deities. The religous content in this story is from the game, I hope readers will appreciate its inclusion. I don't own the videogame Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous or the role-playing system behind it, those honors belong to Owlcat Games and Paizo Publishing. I wrote this story for my own entertainment and that of my fellow fans, not financial profit. This story is based on one possible ending for two characters in the game- spoiler warnings apply. It is not canon with the game or the RPG system that inspired it, unless your gaming interests are like mine. Beware the explicit femslash sex action in this story if you're not into that stuff, lack a mature open mind, or are not in the proper environment for enjoying it. If you think anything in this story is improper, please realize that I the writer disagree and I have a right to my opinions. Thank you for respecting this. You may consider this story a parody if that helps. You may also imagine that I am using various fictional mod programs allowing crossover and polyamory to play the game. The Paladin character Socrates is a reference to a character I played in Pathfinder: Kingmaker who was based on the writings of philosopher Dan Millman. The Commander character is based on another character I played in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Feedback is appreciated. Hope readers enjoy.

***

The Wilds of Mendev, Golarion. After the Fifth Worldwound Crusade.

The Worldwound was closed at last.

Seelah reminded herself of that and other facts as she rode through the night.

As ever, Seelah was an adventurer headed down a road through a bleak wasteland toward an uncertain and possibly dangerous future. Reminding herself of past victories seemed a worthwhile way to pass time and psyche herself up for troubles ahead.

The Worldwound was closed, Seelah told herself again. Finally the land around her could slowly but surely recover from nearly a century and a half of damage done by Demon invaders from the Abyss. Yes, the need for adventurers such as Seelah in the area remained, but a big problem was solved. The Worldwound was closed, its Architect Areelu Vorlesh was dead, and now the land of Mendev could heal.

Yes, the Commander of the Fifth Crusade, a powerful adventurer blessed by the Angels and other Beings, had also died in the final battle to close the Worldwound and defeat Vorlesh and her allied Demon armies. But that had been necessary. It had seemed the best way at the time to close the Worldwound due to the Commander's link to the portal, and closing the Worldwound was something that had to be done. Seelah had been one of the Commander's many valiant companions who'd helped him achieve this victory. All of those companions were now scattered and seperated after the war was won.

Some of us have gone on to better lives, Seelah reminded herself. Sosiel, Cleric of the Goddess of Love and Beauty Shelyn, went home to tend his vineyard and art gallery, accompanied by his Warrior brother Trever and his Ranger lover Aron Kir. Ember the Elf Witch went on to lead her flock of reformed Demons and Cultists into a new religious movement called the Redeemed Brotherhood. Their charity and good deeds campaign was now spreading across Mendev, in alliance with those of other religions, including Sosiel's church and Seelah's own church of Iomedae, the Goddess of Valor. Woljif the Tiefling Rogue was also sponsoring charity and running an underground market in Drezen last Seelah had heard of him. Regil the Hellknight was back leading his order, she further reflected, and the Noble Oracle Daeran Arende was living in the capitol of the rescued nation Mendev. Both men were sponsoring the land restoration also by fundraising and supplying labor. Daeran's parties gathered the money and Regil's soldiers recruited the workers. Both were very efficient, Daeran in particular. Some said Daeran might be crowned Mendev's new ruler since Queen Galfrey also perished in the Fifth Crusade. Seelah herself wasn't a fan of Daeran as a King, but she tried to stay out of politics.

Other companions' fates were less welcome. The strange Kitsune Wizard Nenio had vanished after the Worldwound closed, mumbling about some research project or similar concern. Greybor the Dwarf Mercenary had disappeared into the ranks of his new Assassin's Guild or perhaps gone back to his family, Seelah was unsure which. The Underground Crusader Warriors Lann and Wendaug were gone too, having split their people into two camps. Lann's adherents were off with him on an ocean voyage adventure, while Wendaug's were back underground with their chieftain, who under the Commander's guidance had reformed her past Abyssal allegiances somewhat. Seelah welcomed this change, yet didn't like that Wendaug's Underground Crusaders preferred exile in the vast caves beneath Mendev to life on the surface- maybe if it was what Wendaug thought best, Seelah supposed it was fine. She could check on them at some point if she decided it was necessary. Other party members' fates bothered her more at present. The insane Shaman Camellia Gwerm had escaped Seelah's view after the final battle just as Nenio had. Seelah was quite worried about Camellia. Why the Commander had put up with the faux highborn Shaman's excessive bloodlust was something Seelah had never understood.

My fellow Paladin Irabeth Tirablade's fate after the Worldwound closed is disturbing to me too, Seelah reflected. Irabeth's retired now, having sustained many injuries in mind and body after our long campaign. Irabeth's wife, the spymaster Anevia, retired along with her. They now live together in the countryside near Drezen, our army's former base camp. I know they've earned their peace, it's just... I'm jealous, she realized. I still feel the call to adventure too, and I can't do it alone. I coud retire like Sosiel or Irabeth and Anevia, but I'm still young and Iomedae needs me in the field. Charity isn't for me either, as attractive as working with others toward such a goal might be.

I want the peace so many of my old comrades have now, she decided as she spurred her horse around a large rock outcropping, but not yet. I have to deal with lingering questions first. The things left behind in the Commander's wake. Matters that were not settled by his death. Some of these, like where Nenio and Camellia went to, really bother me. But even their uncertain fates do not bother me as much as Arueshalae's.

Arueshalae, Arue for short, was an Ascended Demoness, once a Succubus and now something mostly unprecedented as far as Seelah knew. Under the guidance of Desna, Goddess of Travel and Dreams, Arue had pulled herself out of the Abyss and found some measure of redemption. A loving relationship with the Commander and friendship with Seelah and most of the rest of their adventuring party had cemented this noble path. Arue had been of much assistance to Seelah and the other Crusaders during their long campaign. But the campaign was over now, Arue's lover the Commander was dead, and the last time Seelah saw Arue, she was grieving, bereft. Arue flew off to mourn in her own way after the Worldwound was closed, Seelah remembered. I was not able to immediately follow her, and by the time I realized I should have, she was gone.

The fate of their other companions had bothered Seelah more in the beginning. By the time she addressed taking note of their other companions' status as best she could, Arue had departed. Seelah had seen off Sosiel and his associates, the Underground Crusaders, and the Tirablades. She had bid farewell to Woljif, Regil, and Daeran. Camellia, Greybor, and Nenio had vanished. Hopefully Seelah's path would cross with theirs at some later time if they were up to some mischief. At least Ember had been able to direct her to where Arue might be. An isolated cottage near the ruins of Iz, the ancient city that had hosted the Worldwound.

Oh Iomedae, Seelah prayed to her Goddess, please let Arue be okay. Without the Commander's love to guide her, I fear Arue will fall back to the Demoness she once was. That I cannot abide. Not as her friend, and not as a Paladin.

Seelah was a Paladin, a Holy Knight in service to Iomedae, the Goddess of Courage and Truth. Her dark skin and silver armor shone in the moonlight as she directed her roan horse down the road ahead. Her old comrade's cottage was not far now per the directions Ember had given. Thankfully, the path was so far bereft of danger she could not handle. Seelah feared what lay at its end.

I have no evidence she has become Evil again, Seelah told herself. Just gossip and my fear. I remind myself there are plenty of other Redeemed Demons out there- take Ember's Brotherhood, for example. Plenty of Demons in there of many different types, all working to become better Beings, I hope. I even heard a rumor that the Succubi Queen Nocticula was among them... I'll keep my focus on Arue, Seelah decided. I'd rather focus on problems I can actually solve.

If Arue has fallen back to Evil, I will have to end her, Seelah knew. No matter how many times Arue saved my life and those of my comrades during our Crusade, if she has become an Evil Succubus again, she will have to die. I have heard conflicting rumors about her from the peasants near Iz. Some say Arue is a strange hermit who helps travelers and those in need. That would be in keeping with the Arue I knew, the Good Being I thought she was. Her Goddess, an ally of my Goddess, wants that for Arue, and I want it too. So did the Commander, or so I always thought. Other people I've spoken with have expressed fear to me about the Fiend in their midst. So many Demons ravaged Mendev while the Worldwound was open. Quite a few still remain. Arue is a Demon in physical form still, if not in nature. And if her nature has changed back to what it once was...

That should not be the case, Seelah prayed. Love saved Arue, Goddess Desna's and the Commander's. Love took root in Arue's heart and pulled the former Demoness away from Evil. She now dreams of a better world. I always perceived her redemption, as did Ember, who has displayed a better sense for the Goodness in people's hearts sometimes than that which I can sense. I hope Arue's okay, I just have to confirm it. I was Arue's friend, I like to believe I still am. Also, as a friend, I always envied what Arue had with the Commander. I was attracted to him, too, but more than that, I was intimidated. He was the hero of our saga, the recipient of the mythic powers that enabled him to close the Worldwound. Like all his companions, I shared those powers in small amount. Yet I was bothered by the Commander also. Because of that, I never let myself be open to his flirting, even when he directed it at me. Instead I let others- Wendaug, Daeran, those Tiefling twins Kanerah and Kalikke who visited our camp on a couple occasions, and eventually Arue- be the subjects of his affection. I sought other lovers, but not many, not enough.

Why? Seelah wondered, not for the first time. Why did I not let myself indulge in love during the majority of the Fifth Crusade? I'm hardly the iconic Paladin! I'm Lawful Good, yeah, but I freely indulge in violence and foul language against wicked enemies. I morally preach and keep it real. And when I'm off duty as a Crusader, I'm right at home with the hard-drinking and gambling camp followers. I sometimes get relief with free love too. My Goddess understands my need for this, she allows me such relief as long as I don't go back to being the selfish person I once was. I continue to assure Iomedae that will never happen, and accept her guidance to the right path. I'm hardly celibate either. No such vow is expected of me. As long as I only give my loving to the worthy and never force it on anyone or use it to corrupt others, I am fine being polyamorous. My Goddess has assured me of that.

But for various reasons I haven't gotten any loving in a long time, Seelah thought. I was intimidated by the Commander, so I didn't get with him. He never offered either, not directly, even with all the flirting. Perhaps if he had directly offered... No, it doesn't matter. Maybe he knew I was off limits somehow. He was an Oracle as well as a Skald, maybe... No, she shook her head. A possible hookup with the Commander did not bear thinking about now.

No one else seemed right for me either, Seelah reflected further. Daeran and Woljif both made advances on me. I rejected them for continuing their unrepentant roguish ways. My fellow Knight and former boyfriend Elan rejected me for his new fiancee Kiana, a Noblewoman whom he met and married during the war. I might be their unicorn if they want one, but they have yet to express such desire, they're still in the honeymoon period. Oh well. I briefly found love in the arms of our mutual Duelist friend Janna Aldori, but then she deserted the army for a time. I was angry at her, even when she came back to us. When she died in battle, part of me was relieved I would never have to seek further reconciliation with her. Janna made up for her cowardice, yes, but thanks to it we grew apart. I'm unsure we would ever have gained back what we had before her desertion. I had few other prospective lovers during the Fifth Crusade. Do I need some loving relief now? Perhaps. I'm open to it, I guess.

I'm always open to love, Seelah shrugged, slowing her horse as she neared a grove of trees that seemed to be growing strong in the wasteland. The right kind of love, anyway. Maybe Arue... no, I should not risk myself. It is not right to comfort a grieving mourner like that. And if she's a Demoness again, I must not risk my Paladin status. That is the burden of a Paladin. We have great holy protections and other powers granted to us, but if we commit enough sin, such things are taken away. That must not happen, not with me. I will kill Wicked Arue before I lay with her, even if the idea of laying with her does appeal to me somewhat. Seelah grimaced and dismounted, smelling a fire ahead. Arue's hut had to be near, the wafts of smoke and a hearty meal Seelah knew Arue preferred attested to that. The Paladin secured her horse to a tree, then entered the grove.

Seelah advanced through the trees on foot, keeping a hand on her sword. A small hut stood in the clearing within the grove, and a red-skinned woman with horns, batlike wings, and a prehensile tail was stepping outside the hut. Arue, Seelah recognized her. She must have sensed my approach. Goddess please, I hope she's still my friend.

Arue's welcoming smile and the blue gleam in her opaque eyes at once settled Seelah's nerves. The Paladin could sense no Evil in her onetime comrade, only the patient hope and friendship Arue had always displayed since consummating her relationship with the Commander. Phew, Seelah thought. The Paladin then let her eyes linger on the former Demoness' athletic figure clad in black leather, as shapely as the figure beneath Seelah's own silver armor. No harm in looking at a friend, right? Seelah thought as she noticed how Arue's red-tinged indigo hair shimmered in the light of the stars overhead. An orange butterfly soared past Seelah and the Paladin's ebon skin, sable hair, and silver armor gleamed suggestively as she greeted her old friend.

"Seelah!" Arue smiled and rushed forward. Before Seelah could say or do anything to avoid it, she was being embraced by her friend. The Paladin opened her mouth to protest, then closed it quickly. Instead, she concentrated on the pleasant moment, smiling at Arue and hugging her back.

The Paladin trembled, feeling something unexpected in Arue's embrace. Loneliness, an intense desire for companionship. Perhaps she has been alone too long, Seelah guessed. I have too, I suppose. She pushed back from the former Succubus. "Good to see you, Arue. I'm glad you're still... you. I heard rumors otherwise."

"People will talk," Arue said, dropping her arms and stepping away from Seelah. "I hope you're not worried. I met a group of young men and women near a local village, taught them some of Desna's ways, and..."

"Your appearance," Seelah interrupted, nodding at the familiar information and anticipating what would be said next. "They or their elders got the wrong idea."

Desna sponsored the ideals regarding free love on a more chaotic level than Iomedae, Seelah recalled, and most small villages in Mendev were more into marriage than free love. Iomedae was somewhere in the middle on marriage vs free love, like most Deities. She tolerated free love, but wanted marriage respected when the time came for it, with occasional dalliances permissible now and then if the participants in a marriage agreed. Shelyn and Desna occupied other areas of the spectrum. There were more extreme religions than Desna when it came to free love also- Callistria for example- at least Arue wasn't into one of those traditions. Seelah reminded herself of all this with brief introspection.

"Yes," Arue answered her spoken query. "Thankfully the village gossips have done no more than spread rumors thus far, at least that I'm aware. Come inside, you must be tired."

Seelah was fatigued, and hungry too. She allowed Arue to lead her into the hut, leaving her satchel near the door. The hut was only two rooms- the main living area and an enclosed bedroom. Under Arue's direction, Seelah laid out her bedroll near the fireplace. She took off her boots and cloak, loosened a few armor straps to relax. I am with a friend, Seelah reminded herself. Before now, we'd have at least four other adventurers with us, if not an entire regiment or army. The change in circumstances is... welcome.

Arue helped Seelah as she removed her breastplate and a few other armor pieces, then put them aside so they would both be more comfortable. Seelah was soon relaxing in her cloth undershirt and breeches. Her sword and crossbow lay beside the pile of armor, and no other weapons were on her person. Not that she needed them, of course. Seelah would have kept a dagger close with Daeran or Regil- you never knew what people like them were planning- but Arue was safe enough. She's not Camellia, Seelah reminded herself. I would never allow myself to relax alone with Camellia. Arue's a friend. Not a Demon Succubus, a friend.

"Just relax," Arue bade her, "there's no danger here. Sosiel painted those, if you're interested."

She indicated a small shrine on one wall. A painted portrait of the Commander dominated it along with smaller dauggerotypes of various companions. Seelah recognized Ember, Greybor, Nenio, Woljif, Trever, and all their other comrades. Regil and Camellia's portraits were pushed to the side and untouched, Seelah supposed Arue found them as disturbing as Seelah herself had at times. Pictures of Daeran, Lann, and Wendaug were present, but also shoved to the side. Pictures of the companions with higher morals- like Seelah, Ember, Irabeth, and Anevia- were more prominent and seemed cleaner. She noticed Lann's and Daeran's pictures had many scratch marks from Arue's long nails. Other pictures had red lip marks as disfigurement- the Commander's and.... Seelah's own portrait. Seelah blinked at the latter evidence. She knew what the red marks meant. Arue fancied her? She had not known this.