Patrick and Cathy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking at the luggage as well, "Well, I hope you don't mind, but I boxed up the rest of my stuff and had it shipped to your house." Beth looked at her mom, hoping that she was going to be okay with that. She never did ask for permission.

"So, you still don't have a job?" Cathy looked at Beth with a note of concern.

"Not yet. But I haven't been looking that hard either. I've talked to a couple of old friends back home and, who knows, something might crop up. I just spent four years in this place. I thought maybe you and I could take our time going home and just enjoy life for a while," Beth looked at Cathy. Beth's degree gave her plenty of opportunities and her grades were such that she knew that once she put her résumé out, there would be plenty of offers.

With a shrug of her shoulders, "Okay. I hope you know what you're doing."

Picking up her bags, she left the condo for the last time. Luckily Beth had the foresight to make reservations at a hotel before the flood of parents invaded the town for the graduation ceremonies. Sitting on the bed after a quick dinner, Beth was anxious to find out how her mom has been fairing. "So, how was your trip out?"

Thinking about the long drive from Boston, she smiled as she thought about her brief time in Colorado, "It was okay. Weather was good and the drive was decent."

Beth leaned in a little, "I saw that smile. What happened?"

Looking up, "Nothing happened!"

"Uh huh. Your face is telling me otherwise" Beth challenged her mother.

With a small grin, "Well..."

"Well, what? Tell me?" Beth scooted forward a little and leaned forward.

"I stayed a couple of days in Colorado" Cathy started out, not sure about what to say.

"And you met someone, didn't you?" Beth was clearly excited for her mother.

"Kinda. It was nothing. I met this guy and he showed me around the area, ghost towns and things. He used to live in Colorado, but I can't remember if he told me where or not" Cathy was not able to completely hide the joy the time she spent with Patrick.

"Did you fuck him?" Beth blatantly asked.

"Elizabeth! I can't believe you would ask me that. Of course I didn't" she retorted.

"Why not? Was he old, ugly, fat, what?"

"No! He was, is, a very nice man. He is nice looking and well, a lot of fun to be with." Cathy thought more about her time with him. She wished she was able to have spent more time with him. But she figured that she would likely never see him again. Her eyes lost focus as she thought Patrick.

"So, what stopped you?"

Snapping back to the present, "Elizabeth Anne. Enough. I'm not going to jump into bed with a man that I just met" Cathy tried to be angry with her daughter but had to admit to herself, had she been able to stay a little longer, she might have ending up sleeping with him.

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to push. It's just that I want to see you get out and well, I know daddy wasn't very nice to you the last few years and you deserve better. And, based on our conversations, I'm pretty sure that there haven't been any men in your life for a long time."

"No there haven't" Cathy agreed with a sigh.

"I don't know about you, but there's no way I could go that long without getting laid. Hell, I can't go a month without it" Beth proclaimed.

Cathy looked at her daughter, shaking her head. "Oh, Beth" she said, taking her Beth's head in her arms and drawing it to her chest, "What am I going to do with you?"

Enjoying the feeling of her mother's arms, "So have you talked to him since then?"

"Shit" Cathy muttered.

Pulling away, Beth frowned, "What?"

"I totally forgot," Cathy said as she stood up and went to the dresser, "I totally forgot that he gave me his e-mail address." Finding the slip of paper in the bottom of her bag, she pulled it out and looked at it, "He probably thinks that I forgot all about him."

*****

Patrick left the valley the day after Cathy left. He made his way into central Utah. There wasn't as much to see as he had hoped. Pulling into a RV lot near Zion National Park, he noticed a car that looked similar to the one that Cathy drove. He felt his heart jump at the thought of seeing her again. Trying to take what would look to others as a casual stroll, he walked by the campsite. Coming up on the spot, he noticed and elderly man and woman sitting at the picnic table. Waving at the couple as he walked past, he felt a little disappointment that it wasn't her. 'Get a grip, would you? You're supposed to be a middle-aged adult. Not some damn teenager' he chastised himself.

Returning to his RV, he prepared the grounds for the night by making sure that there wasn't anything left outside that shouldn't have been. He had seen what happened to camp sites when bears invaded after careless campers left out food.

Pulling out his laptop, he made his nightly entry into his diary and uploaded a few more pictures that he had taken that day. As had become habit, he opened his e-mail, hoping but no longer expecting the e-mail that he hoped he would receive. But tonight was different. Tonight he saw he had an e-mail from Cathy.

Patrick:

I hope that you are doing well. I often think about the ghost town and other things that you showed me. Short of seeing my daughter, it was the best part of my trip.

Beth and I will be heading back to Boston soon. Maybe our paths will cross again on our way back. I would like that.

Cathy

Patrick could feel his heart skip a beat as he read and re-read the e-mail. Just when he thought that she was going to be just someone whom he met in passing, she remembered him and said she wouldn't mind seeing him again.

He carefully put together a reply, telling her a little about where he had traveled since last seeing her. Not wanting to sound too anxious, he indicated that he would like to see her and noted where he was staying.

Hitting send, Patrick was hopeful that she'd reply and he would get to see her again soon. He had not been very successful in getting her out of his mind since that day in Colorado. Even though he had met some very nice people at the various places he stayed, he still remembered her.

*****

Graduation was the typical drawn out affair for large universities. A few tears flowed as Beth was handed her diploma. Cathy was immensely proud of her daughter and all that she had accomplished in life.

There was small groups in the parking lots and grounds surrounding the auditorium. Cathy noted that it didn't appear that she had a boyfriend. "What, no boyfriends?" she asked in mock astonishment.

Looking around to the many guys lingering around, some of whom she had spent the night with, "Nah, I just haven't found one that I really want to spend all my time with."

Looking at the same cluster, "Hmm, well you're young I guess" Cathy pondered, wondering how promiscuous her daughter had been. 'Probably best you don't know' she concluded. She watched as Beth made her way around the group of students, hugging and few and kissing some others. There were tears in Beth's eyes as she said good bye to many of the friends she made, knowing that she may not see them again.

As the group dwindled down, Beth come up, "Mom, I'm beat. Is it okay with you if we blow this place and go back to the hotel?"

Cathy wrapped her arm around her daughter, "Sure." Walking towards the car, "I'm proud of you kiddo. You've done well. Graduating with Honor's and all, that's something."

"Thanks mom" Beth replied, wrapping an arm around her mother as they made their way through the thinning crowd to the car.

Arriving at the hotel room, Beth plopped down on the bed, "I'm pooped. I'm glad it's over." She watched as her mother changed out of the dress that she was wearing. Looking at her, wearing only her bra and panties, "I hope that I look that good when I'm your age, mom."

Cathy looked down at herself. Her breasts had a little sag to them but not much. She thought they were on the small side, but they are what they are. Running her hands down the side of her hips, she felt like she did a good job keeping herself in shape. She hoped that someone would find her figure attractive. 'I wonder what Patrick would think?'

"Not bad for an old lady, eh?" she said, turning to Beth.

"Mom! You're not old. And any man would love to get their hands on that body of yours. Patrick maybe?" Beth smirked as she teased her mother.

Cathy pulled some sweatpants out of the suitcase and pulled them on along with a loose fitting shirt, "Enough of that."

"Did he ever reply to your email?"

"I don't know. I haven't looked since I sent it."

"Well, aren't you curious? Even a little?"

With a glance at Beth, she pulled out her laptop and connected to the hotel's wireless network. Opening her email, she saw that Patrick had, indeed replied.

"What's it say?" Beth anxiously asked.

"It says that he's in the mountains near Salt Lake City and that he wouldn't mind seeing me again."

"Well, that's just two days from here. You're going aren't you?" Beth became excited at the prospect.

"I don't know. I mean it was just that one day. Maybe he's an axe murderer" Cathy tried to sound like she had no interest in seeing Patrick again.

"Mother!" Beth chastised. "You know you do. I heard you call out his name in your sleep the other night."

Cathy looked at her daughter. She was right. For whatever reason, she did want to see him again. She remembered the dream. It's not often that she does, but this was remained.

*****

Cathy was on a beach somewhere near her hometown wearing a skimpy bikini. The place was void of people and the summer sun was warm on her skin. Strolling along the water's edge, she picked up a star fish here and there that had made its way to shore.

Looking up, she saw a man higher on the beach looking at her. Blocking the sun with her hand, she looked to see that it was Patrick, wearing the same clothes he wore the day they spent together. She remained standing there as he started walking her direction.

Not a word was spoken as she stood there, letting him place his hands on her shoulders, his lips touching hers. Feeling his tongue on her lips, she opened her mouth to let him probe deeper. She remained motionless, locked in passionate kiss as she felt his hands undo the ties that held her top in place. The bottom of the bikini soon joined the top on the sand. Stepping back, she saw that he was also nude, his clothes somehow disappearing. With his erection pointing up he cupped her breasts and gave her a smile.

A blanket had appeared from nowhere and she was lying on her back, she watched as he knelt between her feet. Grabbing her ankles, he spread her legs apart, exposing her most private area to him. She returned his smile as his head lowered until it was between her legs, his tongue making contact with her inner thighs. With a gasp, she laid her head back as she felt his breath on her clitoris. She jumped a little when his tongue started flicking the nubbin.

Her orgasm was quick and intense. She felt like she was never going to stop coming, Patrick lapping up as much of her come as possible.

She opened her eyes in time to see him move up and place his cock at her vagina. Placing her hands on his back, she cried out "Patrick" as he slowly pushed, his erection spreading her open. When he was completely inside, she pulled his face to hers and returned the kiss he gave earlier.

A second orgasm was building as he worked his penis in and out. She felt his cock grow a little more and she could feel his come enter her womb. It was then that her climax peaked. She wrapped her ankles around back, holding him in place. She didn't want him to pull out. Not just yet.

Cathy had woken to find the sheets beneath her damp. She lay there for another minute or two, looking around. She looked over to the other bed and Beth had her back to her, apparently sound asleep. With a smile and a tear in her eye, she smiled at the dream, hoping that she wouldn't forget it any time soon.

*****

The morning sun crested over the horizon, turning the few clouds in the sky a brilliant yellow-orange. With a steaming mug of coffee, Patrick watched as the sun began its journey across the Utah sky.

"It's so beautiful this time of morning. Isn't it?" said a voice that had come up from behind him. Recognizing the voice, he turned to see Cathy standing there, wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt, her arms crossed, trying to keep warm in the morning air.

"Cathy!" Patrick cried in a voice of total surprise. He set his mug down on the picnic table and made his way over to where she was standing. With a smile as wide as his mouth would allow, "I don't know what to say. I never, I didn't think, I, I'm glad to see you."

Knowing that she made the right decision to come to Utah, "I'm glad to see you too."

"How did you find me?"

"Well Beth insisted that I come out. So we drove out from San Francisco. We spent most of yesterday afternoon and into last early night to finally find the campground you were in. Your lights were out when we finally did find you. So we made camp a few spots down." Nodding her head in the direction of their camp, "She's probably still asleep."

"Why didn't you say something, I would have told you where I was."

"That's what I told Beth! But she insisted that we come out and find you. She thought it would be better to surprise you. I don't know where she gets her logic sometimes."

"Come in, come in. You look cold out here" Patrick said, observing that she was not holding up to the cold air very well. He grabbed his mug and opened the door to the RV, allowing her to enter. She sat at the dining table while he poured a cup of coffee for her, "A little sugar and creamer. Right?" recalling the last time they were together.

"You remember" Cathy smiled.

"I do." Grabbing both mugs, he sat down at the table opposite her. Neither said a word for a few moments.

"So, you said Beth is with you?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah she is. She did most of the driving. It's a wonder she doesn't have a glove box full of speeding tickets." Cathy stopped to take a sip from her mug. Setting it back down, "She was out like a light after we got our tent setup and sleeping bags rolled out. I wouldn't be surprised if she slept till noon."

Hoping that she wasn't just passing through, "So what are your plans?" he asked trying to be neutral and not sounding anxious.

"I don't know. I thought I'd just play it by ear and see what happens."

Patrick could feel a jolt of joy in knowing that she wasn't going to be leaving right away. "Well, there's a trail to a mountain lake that I was going to take today. Would you and Beth like to join me?"

Smiling, Cathy responded, "I'd like that."

The couple spent the next hour bringing each other up to date with what has happened in their lives since they last saw each other. The both started feeling a sense of comfort with the other; a feeling that the other person belonged in their life.

Getting up and setting the empty mug in the sink, Cathy said "Well, let me go see if Beth has gotten up yet." Standing next to the door, she looked at the man in front of her, she could feel her emotions begin to stir, 'I only just met you. But I'm not sure I want to leave you again.'

"Absolutely, I look forward to meeting her" Patrick responded genuinely.

Patrick started cleaning up the RV after Cathy left. Taking a quick shower in the tiny shower stall next to the 'kitchen', he dressed and was outside tying his hiking boots when he heard footsteps approaching. Looking up, he saw Cathy with a beautiful young lady that looked just like her mother.

"Patrick," Cathy greeted him as she approached the campsite, "this is my daughter Beth. Beth, this is Patrick."

Shaking her hand, "I am so very glad to meet you. Your mom has spoken highly of you."

"Thanks," Beth replied "I'm glad to meet you too. Mom's been dying to see you again. She just won't admit it. She's called out your name in her sleep."

"Elizabeth!" Cathy spoke out, in a poor attempt to admonish her daughter.

Seeing water bottles and a day pack slung around Beth's shoulders, "You guys ready?" With a nod of their heads, they climbed into the Jeep and headed out.

The sun remained warm and the trail was void of people. It was like they had the entire park to themselves. Beth was usually several steps ahead of them, giving them a little privacy. Patrick couldn't help but glance at the figure of the young lady in front of him now and then. It was almost as if she was trying to be noticed. But his interest lied in the woman next to him.

Reaching the lake just before noon, Patrick found a shady spot near the water's edge. He sat down and broke out the makings he brought for lunch. The sandwiches and cold drinks hit the spot after the hike.

Beth stood and looked at the couple still seated on the ground, "I think I'm going to take a stroll and leave you two alone for a little while." Looking at her mother, she gave a little smile and a wink.

Cathy gave her a smirk in return and a slight shake of her head. Yeah, her desire to make love with the man next her was growing, but she had no intention of doing it here.

Cathy turned to Patrick, "It's nice here. So quiet and peaceful."

Looking around, Patrick nodded, "It is." Looking at her, "There's also a lot of beauty here" he said with a smile, hoping it didn't sound too corny.

Patrick placed his hand on hers, "I'm glad that you came. I've thought about you a lot since you left."

Feeling a lump in her throat, "I'm glad too. I've thought about you too."

Smiling, "That's what Beth said."

Putting her hand to her forehead, "God, I can't believe she said that."

Looking at her as she raised her head back up, he leaned in wanting to kiss her lips. Her heart beating faster, she leaned in as well and touched her lips to his. Locked in an embrace, they lay down on the ground and wrapped their arms around each other, their lips never parting.

It was late afternoon when the trio returned to Patrick's RV. The girls bade him a good night after a well cooked dinner that Patrick prepared. Cleaning up the campground, Patrick retired to his RV. Pouring himself a glass of wine, he sat down to his laptop and started entering in the day's events. A knock at the door of the RV broke his concentration. With his eyebrows furrowed, he wondered who would be knocking.

Opening the door, his eyes widen seeing the person who disrupted his evening, "Cathy! Come in, come in."

Cathy stepped into the RV, "I hope you don't mind but.."

"Nonsense, I'm so glad to see you. Can I get you a glass of wine?" Patrick offered, showing her the bottle that he had opened on the table.

"Maybe just a little" she replied, holding two of fingers apart to show that she didn't want much. But a little would be nice to calm her down.

Cathy sat in one of the bench seats crossed her legs. Patrick watched as they slid up just a little. "I'm glad Beth talked me into coming here."

"I'm glad you found me."

"Well, I really need to get going" Cathy said as she stood. "Beth is probably wondering where I've run off to."

"I'm so glad you're here. Can I see you again tomorrow?" Patrick asked, hopeful that tonight was not going to be it.

"I would like that. A lot" she replied with a warm smile.

Cathy slowly strolled back to her campsite with a wide grin on her face. He was such a gentleman and he aroused some feelings that she feared she would not feel again.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" Beth asked as her mother started to enter the tent they shared.

"Hmm, maybe because I'm going to sleep here?" Cathy replied, confused at the question.

"I was hoping that I wouldn't see you until morning."

"Beth..." Cathy tried to counter, not sounding completely convincing.

"No, don't 'Beth' me. You know you want him. Go get him, before someone else does" Beth said as she tried to motion her mother back in the direction of Patrick's RV. "If you don't want to spend the night with him, maybe I will" she teased her mother.