All Comments on 'Patty Ann, Brad and Me'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
mondliecht57mondliecht57about 14 years ago
Good, very good

Once in a while you do surprise me. Actually a story with an ending, and a good one. Very well written, with a nice twist at the end. Thanks.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Another Good Story

I am sure that the hero will be classified as an idiotic wimp for not going through with the divorce when she lost the baby and worse because he was not pro-active and then because he did not immediately go out on the dance floor to complain about the kiss and the wandering hands, of course he should have slugged Brad before Patty Ann dunked the jewelry. Lastly, obviously she should have kicked her out of his life because she held him up to ridicule! But still the story was enjoyable and would not have been so much fun if he had acted earlier! Thanks to JPB.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
Thank You

I know I'm a romantic sap but I enjoyed this story very much. I usually read your work and appreciate the hard work that goes into writing an entertaining story.

For my taste this is one of your better ones. Thanks for your effort.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 14 years ago
A happy ending,what else needs to be said

Well written as always and very believable. Just a good story, thanks

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Nice story Rob.

I'm glad the good guy kept the girl. But still I do think more revenge should be brought on Brad. Anyway, good story. Thanks for writing.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 14 years ago
Well done story. I enjoyed it a lot.

It is not always nessesary to kick the other Guy's ass. The turnaround was well done, and Brad got what he deserved.

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Liked it

JPB thank you for your story. I liked it. Not qualified to critique the writing or the English. Just liked it. Jim

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 14 years ago
NO...

I tried to read this story. The husband's self respect wasw so low and his character so weak that I couldn't finish the first page. I would have trashed Patty as soon as she showed me who she was. Some people just love to be kicked in the ass. I'm not one of them. I don't know how the story ends and I don't care. I hate cucks.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
What fucking cuck???

Good story, smart gal...

sirhugssirhugsabout 14 years ago
and here...

...I was hoping he'd end up with Bonnie...

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
good story

Thanks for the story. Sometimes we get loving wives in Loving Wives section.

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas.

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2about 14 years ago
Outstanding!

I am always impressed by the range of stories that you bring to this site. There no one who explores the various crazy situations that life can bring than you. Thanks!

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyalmost 14 years ago
One of your best

Rob was a true stand up guy that was willing to do anything for the girl he loved, even if it destroyed him. That is the best definition of selfless love there is. I am glad you made Patty Ann smart enough to see Rob for the gem he is. Well done.

ryu77ryu77almost 14 years ago
This is why i love JPB....

he is known to write cuckold stories but he tends to write different scenarios, outcomes, etc.. that when I see a story posted by him, I'm not sure what i'm going to get so I read along.

guitarman100guitarman100over 13 years ago
Romantic?

It was a good story but as usual in almost all Loving Wives stories there were parts of the plot which made no sense. To the people that said it was romantic or a great love story, please! At the very least Patty was a shallow, self-centered person who didn't think about the feelings of the man she "loved" and was fortunate to have. Given that everyone knew about her past involvement with Greg it would be a given that it would get around that he was back in town and she had been seen with him. And what exactly did they do in those three weeks on their little excursions? Why did she have to have so much contact with an asshole that she supposedly hated to have her revenge. If she truly hated him she would have just put him down the first time he came to their house and then made sure that all their common friends knew how pathetic he had been. It is just a huge weakness in the plot but then again there wouldn't be a story without it.

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
The bitch is still a cheating slut no matter what she says about it.

Her complete attitude about Brad from the get go says she is a slut. She may have actually decided that her current sucker (the husband) was more reliable.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
5***** story! One of the best! Original and Creative!

It is really nice to read a story with a happy ending and a husband that doesn't go on some drunking rage and make himself an ass seeking revenge.

Poor Brad! Not only did he get embarassed he wasted several weeks attempting to win her back. And, she was smart not to let him win her back because he cannot be trusted. He may have been after the thrill of the chase and if he caught her, most likely he would dump her again.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
This is as romantic as JPB can ever bring himself to be.

That's pretty darn romantic though. *****Five stars

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT

but always verify your options. TK U MLJ LV NV

TwosheddzTwosheddzabout 12 years ago
No, no no.......YES!

5*. You really got me. Great to see a happy ending (except for Brad, lol)

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlabout 12 years ago
One of the few Bob stories that I can stomach....

.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
On reflection

This is a common theme with Bob's stories. There are at least two with this premise: old BF is in town and she decides to rub his nose in it. Hubby finds out and is bereft.

Looking at it, I have to say that I do not like the women involved in these stories. Their husbands are considered, at best, collateral damage. These things can too easily explode and frankly, their explanations can easily be looked at as infidelity which wasn't totally caught.

In this instance, I'd let her win the run to the bedroom as I took off for a hotel room somewhere. If this relationship is all about game playing, well...two people can play and she really REALLY needs a fucking slap in the face of realty and taking people for granted.

She does NOT deserve this guy even a little bit.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nothing exceptional,

but overall, I like the story. I disagree with FD45's comment tthat she doesnt' deserve him. I think the scene after he miscarriage demonstrates that she realizes she has ended up with the right guy.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Are you people nuts?

How the fuck can you see this as a romantic story? She shows nothing but absolute contempt for her husband, his feelings and their marriage. She sneaks around behind his back and cheats on him for at least 3 weeks! And I don't buy it when she says that she didn't fuck Brad. Brad is an arrogant ass, and he won't hang around if he isn't getting some. If a guy like that gives her jewelry to mark her as "his", then he will insist on "claiming " her in other ways, or else he will move on. Even if they didn't have sex, what she was doing was STILL cheating! Cheating isn't just a cock in a vagina - there are 100's of things that can be considered cheating, INCLUDING secret dates and clandestine meetings. INCLUDING kissing and groping. INCLUDING accepting gifts to say you are someone else's.

She never once gave a thought to her husband's feelings. She didn't give a second thought to publicly humiliating her husband in front of their friends.

I think the husband must be very naive and gullible to believe her bullshit story, because she has already proven she is a liar. She has proven she is self-centered. She has proven she is a manipulator. She has proven that her wants and desires come before ALL other considerations. Romantic it ain't!

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
One more thought

For all the romantics out there. If Patty-Ann truly loved her husband as she claimed, then why all the secrecy? If her CHEATING was all an elaborate revenge plan as she claimed, then why keep hubby in the dark? Why not tell him that she wanted to get back at her old boyfriend? Hubby loved her and would have helped in any way he could. Especially since she must have known how insecure he was when it came to her and Brad. So again, I ask, why didn't she enlist his help? Or was she secretly hoping Brad had changed and that the old spark was still there? I mean, there are a LOT of different ways to get revenge, so why exactly did she choose this way?

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I hear a Roy Orbison song:

"Which one would it be?"

"You turned around and walked away with me."

Who loaded those tags???

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
HE WAS LOOKING BACK TO SEE

if the Deja-Vu is on the haunt/hunt. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
ROY! That was a great song.

And this was a good story with a decent ending. The only little problem I saw was that Patty could have simply gone to a lawyer and gotten a Court ordered DNA sample from Brad. Brad isn't going to be able to ignore a Court order. And when the baby is proven to be his, at the very least he'll be paying child support. Other then that glitch it was a good story.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Thoghts

As far as he and Bonnie goes, there’s nothing wrong with her seeing other guys as long as they both know the rules. And speaking about that, Bonnie has no bitch about Sue “moving in on her action” with Rob because they’re obviously not exclusive.

Patty should tell Brad’s mother that she isn’t “trying something like that” and she IS pregnant with Brad’s baby and the truth will come out sooner or later and it is better for everybody if it is sooner.

And she DEFINITELY fucked up not telling him about Brad being back. How she could NOT think he needed to know that Brad was back and what she planned is beyond me!

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
nice but sad

oh it was a happy ending alright. the good guy won a worthy spouse, the sad part was all the torment hubby went through in the interim. why, in the course of their 4 year marriage didn't he feel complete, loved, or appreciated, that he had a question, or a worry at how she would react? communication is so necessary in a marriage.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Okay

I thought that Patty was being a little two-faced about things. She gave him shit about his choice of women in college when she wanted no parts of him. She married him out of necessity but he still worried about Brad. I guess there was a happy ending but I just didn't like the way it happened.

guitarman100guitarman100over 8 years ago
Revenge Can Be Selfish

Of course she couldn't have just kneed him in the nuts when he showed up at the door and tried to kiss her. That kind of revenge just wasn't good enough. She had to invent some kind of ridiculous plan that could never work without hurting her husband. I mean come on, it was her idea to have Brad go over and tell her husband she was leaving with him. Never occured to her how her husband was going to feel when he was told this? Especially after dirty dancing with him, kissing him and letting him grab her ass? And in the four years they were married she never got around to telling him she had changed her feelings about Brad and she was now all his? Stupid but then I suppose a lot of women are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She Sure Can Spread The BS Around

If he believes her BS, I've got a bridge in the middle of the Atlantic I'd sell to him, real cheap.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
3*

Would have been 4 if he would have given her a hard spanking for fucking with his head too, letting Brad kiss her and grab her ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well Damn!

JPB sure can write some pansy-assed, dumb-assed, stupid-assed, cuckolded wimp near males. His wife's been going off with Brad for 3 freaking weeks with all the history between them and he's going to believe her cock and bull story? FUCK this guy deserves to be cheated on and JPB once again proves he can out out cuckold Matt M.

Shit story, shit MC and a shit writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* well deserved !

this whore is going to give him aids eventually .

and he will deserve it for not divorcing her when he had the chance .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The Truth

Well, it's whatever the author says it is. However, and it's a big however, the story must be internally consistent. A bimbo infatuated with an idiot must appreciably change to become a faithful wife. That never happened. The plot device wherein she dates Brad for 3 weeks to set him up makes no sense. (What if the party was 6 months down the road? Still full speed ahead?) And stop with the convenient miscarriage- it's trite. Feels like you pulled story parts from a box and jammed them together. Ugh! 2 stars. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nope!

I'd of kicked her ass out and divorced her for not trusting me enough to include me in her plans.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

It was a fairly good story, but Patty's revenge was pretty weak for all the trouble it was sure to cause her marriage. Even if everything else went according to plan and her husband never found out about her dating her old flame again for three weeks behind his back, the husband was still sitting there, among all their friends, while she danced again and again with her ex, letting him grope her and kiss her, and this not only in front of her theoretically clueless husband, but again, all of their friends. Then have the guy approach her husband and tell him that she's leaving with him while she smiles.

All so she could then dispute it. THAT'S the big payoff? She didn't think her husband was going to be pissed off that she was wearing the guy's jewelry to mark her as his? She didn't think her friends were going to wonder what the fuck was going on? At best, they would think her husband had a mild cuck fetish or something to go along with that. Very weak "revenge" that didn't really hurt her ex all THAT much, and had zero chance of not at least somewhat hurting and certainly embarrassing her husband - and that's in a perfect world where he didn't find out in advance and spend all that time worrying, and having to take her word for everything with no proof they hadn't fucked on one of their many, unneeded for the scheme, dates.

It was still an enjoyable tale that was at least a bit original. Could have used some fine tuning in the plot, though. Thanks for the story, JPB.

Cog

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

As 05/05/18 said could use some fine tuning. Could of went bad husband beats the hell out of x-boyfriend for even talking to him like that. Me knowing what was happening I would have you served when he walk up an announced you and him where leaving together.And went up to you smiling like a stupid bitch in heat slap the hell out of you and taken his rings back in front of all your friends. Me knowing what was happening I would have you served when he walk up an announced you and him where leaving together. Sorry don't and wont have anything to do with someone who keeps secrets.

That said it was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oneitis

Oneitis is a terrible affliction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope! Not Gonna Happen!

Me, I'd of contacted a divorce attorney, and had her served at Brad's, "Coming Home Party". Did the financial stuff during that Friday, packed my stuff up, stopped my cell phone account, got a track phone with a different number, sent in my resignation by email, then deleted all my email accounts and just disappeared. Lying is just as bad as cheating and she was lying by not telling me what she was doing with Brad.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Happy

Finally a happy ending for Rob, but it took a while to get there. No completely sure I would believe her, but Bob says he did , so we'll go with that.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Sounds like she was playing with fire for barely any discernible reward.

Guess it worked out in the end, though.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Compared to JPB’s other offerings this one was way better, actually had likeable characters and basically a happy ending, yeah definitely much better than his other comic book creations.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

What a wimpy cuckold! She's setting him up for a creampie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a strange story. For a man to never take ‘no” for an answer and pine for a woman for years and accept marriage with her because she is PG is beyond my understanding. Oh well, just my world!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

One of JPB's good stories with an actual ending.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Not a bad story but it belongs to romance. Just like the other commenter I don't feel this character is hardly anywhere to be found in reality although some people do tend to be doormats for a while, but marrying a woman carrying somebody else's child with idea to lose it when the "alpha male" comes back is really well beyond my understanding. I am not saying there are no people like that but I am sure they are very rare. I think the ending is really a nice feelgood. JPB hits a good story every once in a while, like a chicken in a backyard. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Huh. Actually liked the MC although he took back seat as others comments

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

It's hard not to see her as overly adolescent, but it's fun to see her turn out to be a good wife after all. The hands on her butt were especially foolish of her given her husband had to watch it. Still, she can mature in time.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
So

So,why didn't he finish the job properly by kicking Brad's arse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absurd premise, but a sweet story in some ways. Unconvincing...but sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Come on Bob, admit it. D2D2 is really one of your exes - right? No matter, we still enjoy your tales! I've lost count on how many times I've read so many of your stories, thank you. I've been there most of the way.

somewhere east of Omaha

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

She cheated during the 3 weeks period. She just come to her senses when at the party

A 5stars at the same

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Complete defination of a Wimp!

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

I just read two similar stories by this author. Basically, I think both husbands need to draw up divorce papers and wait for their wives to screw up.

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

Good story but I'm sick of the candy-assed guys that doesn't confront this crap right away. He could have put an end to it all and his worries by walking out onto the patio and kicking that guys ass into the pool or beat the shit out of him for being there. Kick his sorry ass and make him understand. Write story of a character with some balls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of your better ones JPB. Thanks. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Crazy but fascinating story. I can't imagine the husband not confronting her earlier like after the lunch date the next day. But I guess the author wanted to prime things for the climax. And to all the commenters who believe she cheated with Brad: grow up and stop put your paranoia into the author's plot. Do you really think she would devastate Brad like that in front of other people at the party if she was banging him? Bs. What she messed up was not realizing her husband would learn of it and be in terrible pain for 3 weeks. She did not cheat on her husband. She was setting Brad up for a fall. She had her own ideas that got changed when Bev organized the party. I thought it was sweet how she had fallen for the MC and he never had to look over his shoulder ever again.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Wimps are certainly a specialty here.

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

One of your best stories! Never mind all those "manly" comments about wimps and confronting her too soon... they never felt any true love, so don't let it bother you...

miket0422miket042211 months ago

Didn't see that coming for most of the story. Nice.

One small quibble with Patty's behavior while she was setting Brad up for his fall. Making out with him, some random groping and letting him basically have his way with her ass at the club before the big reveal... It may have fit into her plan to embarrass Brad but, it doesn't pass any sort of husband test. She may not have cheated and she may have gotten her payback but, she definitely forgot she was one half of a partnership.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of told her to sit down at a table, then I'd of whispered in her, "Patricia, honey, just sign the divorce papers when they come." Then I would walk out to my car, drove home, packed as much of my clothes and personal things as I could. Drove to the airport and gotten a oneway ticket to Australia. To hell with her games/pay back with Brad.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Too far! She should not have let Brad take liberties with that night. She could have avoided that.

Calico75Calico753 months ago

Good story. Patty isn't really a very nice person and certainly did things that didn't pass the husband test at the party, but it all fleshed out her character.

RedRachaelRedRachaelabout 2 months ago

Or maybe be she could have just said no the first time he came over and none of this would have been a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I loved the explanation Patty gave to her husband. I liked the story of, a man finds Aladdin's lamp. Living in England, he rubs the lamp. out comes the Genie. offers him a wish... His wish. build a bridge from England to France... The Genie says,"Master, that is impossible. Could you make another wish?" So the man says... Okay... "Explain to me the thinking of Women"... The Genie says... Build the Bridge, You got it."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love this story.... She may have been in love with Brad but when the "chips were down" Brad left her...Long time acquaintance by the name of Rob stepped up.... He was there for her...She came to realize that when she really needed Brad. He ditched her But then came Rob who covered for her... took her to Vegas, paid for her schooling and discovered that Rob was true blue. She fell in love with the "right" guy. Rob, she could rely on. Brad, dropped her like a hot potato. She chose wisely, Rob.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9076 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...