All Comments on 'Paul and Sharon'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
good

good story. coulda been better if you hadn't summarized the pamela end so much. as it was the beginning was good, the ending was good - but much of the middle was blah and without feeling.

still, a good job. especially dealing with the psycho-babble at the beginning.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Very good romance

A well-written and uplifting romance.

You write so well in many categories but romance maybe your forte.

You have such a good list of stories that never seem to disappoint.

Oh well, you do OK.

With respect

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

I liked your story but not as much as the last three or four ones.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Hero Is An Asshole.

You have done a good job of makeing your hero Paul an asshole.You have him treat his 1st wife like shit and then try to make him a white knight for the second.You had him fucking her while she is young,He didnt use rubbers so he knocked her up.Her mother kicks her out,big hearted Paul allows her to move in with him(W0W!)and marries her.Boy wasnt that big hearted of him.Then you have him crying to the Dr. that she cant do any thing by herself and has to call him on the least little thing.What the fuck did he expect,he took her youth the ass hole.Then he left her when she needed the most help.An ASS HOLE tried and true.

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Bullshit

You disappoint me. Your last story was very good. This one is lousy. I hope your next one is better. Some will be stupid enough to give you a high grade because of who you are. You don't deserve a higher score for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Please don't take your detractors to heart

Dinsmore:

They are truly idiots. They have no understanding of plot line or character development. You sir, told a most welcome tale. I do have to say you walk a different road to tell your tale; nothing wrong with it, it's just different and most welcome.

Thank You. Ronnie W.

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Fuck you ronnie w

You are a queer asshole and you are stupid enough to think that your ridiculous opinions are superior to mine and others. You are just a useless piece of shit with never a worthy word about anything. I would like to clarify my comments; fuck you ronnie w. Keep posting Dinsmore because I enjoy most of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
ladies and gentleman please can we get along

the hubby wasn't a bad guy,the wife was sick and mind gone.he had two kids to take care of and that was the most inportant thing.the other with the woman was cool.commentor sometime get carry away emotionally,everybody can comment,so stop trying to put words into there mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Not your best story, I'm afraid

This story did come across as patrionising and condescending. Mental illness is treatable, gone are the days of locking someone up in an asylum. I found it offensive to people with mentail illness as you are perpetuating the myth that "loonies should be locked away from normal people"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Reply to Not your best story, I'm afraid

Not your best story, I'm afraid

06/25/06 by Anonymous in UK

This story did come across as patrionising and condescending. Mental illness is treatable, gone are the days of locking someone up in an asylum. I found it offensive to people with mentail illness as you are perpetuating the myth that "loonies should be locked away from normal people"

Did you even read the story? Paul's wife was not, "locked away in a loony bin". She had a complete psychotic break and became catatonic. As is too often the case, her illness did not respond to treatment as had been hoped.

The recommendation that she might require inpatient treatment is certainly not, "locking someone away in an asylum".

analobsessionanalobsessionalmost 18 years ago
What a silly rant...

Hero Is An Asshole.

06/24/06 by Anonymous in china

You have done a good job of makeing your hero Paul an asshole.You have him treat his 1st wife like shit and then try to make him a white knight for the second.You had him fucking her while she is young,He didnt use rubbers so he knocked her up.Her mother kicks her out,big hearted Paul allows her to move in with him(W0W!)and marries her.Boy wasnt that big hearted of him.Then you have him crying to the Dr. that she cant do any thing by herself and has to call him on the least little thing.What the fuck did he expect,he took her youth the ass hole.Then he left her when she needed the most help.An ASS HOLE tried and true.

He didn't knock her up before they were married---how do you know they didn't use protection? Her youth? They were both of roughly the same age. He did not leave her until she became comastose and then did so with regret.

Try a little reading comprehension and I couldn't be sorrier that someone obviously screwed you over but where in the hell are you coming from?

unnameableunnameablealmost 18 years ago
Re: Reply to "Not your best story, I'm afraid"

Yes I did read the story!!!!!

It maybe the norm in the USA to treat the mentally ill like this, but most definitely is not the case in the UK, thankfully.

I have a member of my family who has this illness, and I took offense at the sweeping generalisation made of this illness. Most people with this illness DO NOT become catatonic when receiving treatment.

Quite frankly, who the bloody hell are you?? Are you the writer’s personal bodyguard? I am allowed an opinion as is the next person, just so happens me and you don't share the same opinion. I suggest you take a deep breath, and count to 10 before steaming in again in future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Really...was it that bad?

Dinsmore, Dinsmore, Dinsmore,

Now look what you've gone and done. You've upset all these morons with your ficticious characters. Get real folks, it's only a story. Lose those poison pens, and say hello to the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The Power + / -

An interesting track you laid Author. It was a bit choppy, a little crudely lewd and angled without a surfit of detail but a short story must do that at times or it becomes an epistle. Your ongoing trend of an underlying respect for some or all of your characters allows credibility to anchor our respect for you.

It is good that many readers feel the characters pain or elations for it portends the success of the authors intent to stir interest and emotions. A good Author makes it more than just a story. If it envelopes a reader enough to say + or - things then they have felt drawn in and involved in the word scenes.

While everyone has the right to say what they think or feel, sometimes they should check their boiling rampant emotions for 600 seconds or more - then try to comment without rancor, but with purpose - somewhat like they would to a neighbor or work associate. Don't buy that eh - well in a perfect world this comment wouldn't be necessary either.

Back to this work and the Author to say that your imagination floors me - and that each effort has the possiblity of rollercoasting both the emotions and the appreciations as you see here. It is part of the curve to crawl, walk and run - that a stumble isn't unexpected nor to be avoided in the process if you are truly in it to grow.

Also, that you are appreciated for your talent and time with hopes of more at interval.

With Very High Regard

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayalmost 18 years ago
enjoyed....

reading this one...i always love your work and yes this one is somewhat different but its fantasy and still well written...look forward to reading you as often as you'll bless us with your posts. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Whatever

Just read this story. You write well, just didn't like the story. How convenient old wife has mental problems which I guess justifies divorcing her so he can pursue hotter, younger trophy wife and live happily ever after. Hope nothing wrong happens with this wife so he can split when she needs him the most.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Just found this story and well...the husband was one cold, unfeeling bastard. He rants about how useless and incompetent she is and he was all set to sleep with Sharon until he tried to "fix" his wife. Then you went and made her Pamela this complete psychological mental case to justify his actions. Not really a "root-worthy" male.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
People with true honor and integrity in the business world ???

Hhhmmmm... who'd a thunk it -

Another predictably nice one once you get past that p[art lol

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story and the ending. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous