All Comments on 'Pauline'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 260 Comments (Page 2)
Granville2104Granville2104about 3 years ago

Your usual perfection with just the just the right amount of humor.

EgregiousEgregiousabout 3 years ago

A good tale of love, betrayal and redemption, with a cast of many.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

lol idk if JPB was the first but pauline french is very popular in LW lol swear i have read more than 4 stories that had a pauline french in it. god i read too much here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is one of the best stories I have read on this site! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Best Wishes,

DOS

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 3 years ago

9 pages...

...that felt like 2. Amazing as usual!

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

sorry this was really getting to me a "past master" did u mean someone that had something mastered but no longer does? if so if u master something it stays if it goes away then said person never really mastered it to begin with. ok sorry back to the story

management91399management91399about 3 years ago

So cool to see an actual Tuckerization on the Lit site and one done with such style and respect. Thanks for giving JPB the true happy ending. You dropped him in just enough to make us smile but didn't go overboard. And I much prefer this sort of sideways reference to LW in a story instead of the traditional, "oh we read a story on a site called Loving Wifes and now me and my wife decided to become swingers!"

While the "eye" of the hurricane of this story is Jason the actual wind part (Pauline) is the most interesting part, you sent enough signals to tell us how it would end, I was just sorry to read that a great villainess (Eh maybe that's too harsh) like Pauline just fade away as she did at the end. I was hoping for a little more drama and maybe drawing another fly into her web instead of becoming the fly instead. But great fun about Bob, I found myself reading a little quicker looking for the moment that Pauline would fall back into her old ways. The whole thing hung together well, managed to be special and familiar at the same time. Thanks!

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

man what u could do with an editor lol man that was entertaining ty for the read. i never had a feeling u were british until u used the word but wrong swear every british person uses that word wrong lol. always using it as an "and" or a "comma". just about every author thats british in the LW cat uses it wrong

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Emotive

As good as it gets. Thanks

Mike9947Mike9947about 3 years ago

Great stories make you think.

I find it interesting that so many stories of extramarital affairs are written by men about unforgiving men. I find that especially curious given that men are far more likely to stray than women if we are to believe the data. And usually these stories are cast in shades of black and white, anger, and a rabbit out of a hat happy ending.

There is such a thing as reconciliation and moving on with real life.

Great story. Gets a 5. But is that really ideal or even realistic behavior?

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago

Wow. Just awesome. A true story teller telling us a story.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

I won't comment on the story other than to say Thank You.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 3 years ago

Ha! You killed off Pauline French

Great story.

RK52RK52about 3 years ago

Absolutely outstanding. A fitting tribute to JPB and his character and a tremendous piece of work. One of the best I’ve read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another epic story from a magnificent writer!

Please don't stop writing :)

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Wonderful tale, heartbreaking and heartwarming, well done.

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago

Loved it. When I saw the 9 pages, I had second thoughts. Definably a worthwhile read.

green117green117about 3 years ago
A little bit for the readers, a little bit for the author.

There are quite a few easter eggs in this story - Sisoban O'Mallory by the author might be read for the point at the end. As someone else mentioned, it seems to me that the protagonist probably is mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find him - a man of mystery with a past with models...

"It started with a laugh" by JPB seems like it is referenced - Bob is Bob, of course but he is married to Sherry at the end, rather than Gina. Same job, and Army experience in logistics... (and there was a story where a guy computerized a company using the Army program as a model... but I'm not going to chase it down...)...

But the difference is really in the characterizations. Pauline French, in JPB's stories shows up in high school, mostly, and was a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind - very clear about it in the beginning. She tended to leave the guy with skills with women (and in particular oral sex - French, n'est ce pas?) and a rueful appreciation of what happened. I figured it was Bob having fun with the Prog. Higgins sorts out there - "why can a woman be more like a man?" - they are actually happier when they aren't.

In "... Laugh" Pauline and the protagonist are playing the same trying for dominance games - the guy actually out-Paulines Pauline more than a few times. It appears that JPB might have had a bit of trouble ending it - the guy from out of town "soul mate" didn't have a lot of development, other than Pauline crying when she finds out that Bob got married when things fell apart. Neither Pauline or Bob were particularly nice people - very JPB story line. In particular, Bob was having side pieces all though it.

In this story Bob was a good guy, and Pauline was a hot mess. Personally? I started to get a bad feeling when you had Pauline smirking all of the time.

So! You took Pauline rather far in an unpleasant direction - you were given the right to do so, but still it wasn't to my taste. Similar to what you did in "Separate Vacations", actually.

Good luck with your writing, and life in general.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story about a woman named Pauline French, but this was not THE Pauline French.

MVarroMVarroabout 3 years ago

Another wonderfully entertaining story. A wholehearted thank you. 5* just because it isn’t possible to give more.

How can some complain about “lazy” character development if almost all protagonists are over the top, large than live.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The range of comments here are even more entertaining than the story itself. One even comments on the people who didn't like the story. But, for me, the key thing about the actual story is that qhml1 has kidnapped JPB's character and killed her. Not quite cricket, I'm afraid.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

Well done. Pauline obviously had some serious personality/ mental health issues. Jason was obviously written to be me ... in my dreams! Actually you did a good job of taking a super rich, good looking guy and making him a nice, likable, reasonable guy. In most LW stories, rich studs are predator assholes.

BigCuntryBigCuntryabout 3 years ago

Don't think I've ever read one of yours I didn't enjoy. This one surely is not the 1st. Bravo Sir, Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Extremely good story, well written and well paced. Even though nine pages long, there didn’t seem to be any padding in it. And even though it was apparent to everyone a train wreck would happen (it is a Loving Wives tale after all), the wreck was well done. Thoroughly enjoyable story.

Mayhem55Mayhem55about 3 years ago

Just excellent. Totally enjoyed the story start to finish. I even felt some sympathy for Pauline in this story. Well done!

zeuspmzeuspmabout 3 years ago

you forgot to mention that jason is secretly working for illuminati as well as a member of justice league.

SecretAgentHubbySecretAgentHubbyabout 3 years ago

Well done as usual - you are an excellent story teller - quite a tribute to Pauline

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cute, overall. You lose points because the MC could not tell that Pauline was a sociopath, even when everyone one else who knew her warned him. Hell, the counselor talked to her for a few months, a few hours a week, and he could tell she was emotionally and intellectually fucked up. But this sharp discerning instinctive business savvy husband was completely fooled? Fail. Its OK, all the other authors pull the same stunt. One moment a woman is loyal and loving and faithful, and the next moment she is some asshole's slut. Martian Slut Ray: no reasonable explanation, justification, or explanation. The reason such a flawed plot technique is acceptable is that that is what drives most of the tension and drama in these Adultery stories. Why would a happily married woman commit such inexplicable betrayal? What's funny is many of JPB's slut stories don't even TRY to explain why a woman cheats. JPB often leaves us with the impression that most beautiful women are just selfish whores. Next question.

So it was entertaining if a bit long. All the happy schamppy kissy bullshit at the end was a bit thick, but you're the cook.

You did miss an opportunity with Pauline's untimely death. Instead of a heart attack, which in Pauline's case is impossible, it should have been a brain aneurysm. And the autopsy to explain her untimely death could have found that Pauline had a benign tumor impinging on the part of her brain that affected her emotional stability. Pauline wasn't really a whore, she was just brain damaged! It Wasn't Her Fault!! But I guess if you're determined to BTB even mental illness is no excuse.

It was a fun read all in all, just not great. Thanks for the effort.

FlagWOWFlagWOWabout 3 years ago

Well done! What a nice tribute to JPB. I thoroughly enjoy your stories as well as JPBs. Keep up the good work.

jrphdojrphdoabout 3 years ago

Not your best. Had a very good story going that went downhill the last several pages. I like the stories best where Pauline ends up to be good, loyal etc as well as smoking hot. I know those are the minority but I knew a couple of "Pauline's" when I was younger and they are good memories. Still a good read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ho hum, a long tale about the mysterious lives of the rich without any concomitant insightful emotional or psychological commentary needed to sustain longer tales.

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

Good story in that I read all of it, and I normally would not read this kind of story. "This kind of story" being very wordy and going into great detail about subjects not related to the story. Constructive criticism.

Next criticism is that at no point in the story was Pauline presented as a good risk? Who was surprised when she cheated? Absolutely no one.

The foretelling removed any surprise or tension.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeabout 3 years ago

An overly long story, but still an enjoyable one. The two characters I feel sorry for the most are Pauline's parents Rob and Monica. They never got those grandchildren they longed for.

Thank-you

Pasqual

DoctimeDoctimeabout 3 years ago

I was hooked by the third chapter. Five stars. There is a reason you are one of my favorites and you proved it again.

catboyalvincatboyalvinabout 3 years ago

I thought you stayed true to JPB's story about Pauline. I really like seeing her name pop up in different stories. I loved the fact their was a character named Bob that introduced himself as "just plain Bob". Enjoyed the story a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

For a smart guy who was warned about Pauline he still got sucked in. Smarter than most yet you made him a fool faulting for a narcissist. Now he married his secretary. I wished it went the other way around . Pauline turns her lifebaround and they live happily ever after. This ending didnotmakesense.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago

Most Sativa strains run naturally between 13 and 20% THC. Most all growers cultivate herbs, Sativa or Indica, between 15 and 23% THC. because THC is light and time sensitive these %s usually don’t make it to the consumption point. However for TCH to be lethal it would need to exceed a minimum of 60% THC. Additionally you cannot overdose from smoking cannabis no matter the THC level, but could by ingesting

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

A typical ghml1 story full of detail and a pleasure to read. Yes, there were a few errors that should have been picked up and the twist was, unfortunately, too well telegraphed which was a shame. I was still hoping they'd reconcile but it was too obvious Marta was there in the background. Pauline's end was tragic and quite tearful.

5 stars. Pleased to see you've written another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Adieu Pauline

So sorry that you felt Pauline's death was needed. One of my favorite characters. Would have liked to see a bit more about his educational experiences and development. You get a 5 for a well written story even if it left me feeling a bit down. I'm looking forward to her resurrection down the line.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Another great story. A little sad for Pauline... she almost got her happy ending. I believe this ending was more true to life than any other ending I could think of or read in other comments. Another great read. Thank-you again for your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written, but hate that Pauline died.

lerenardruselerenardruseabout 3 years ago

What an amazing story, loved every page, I could easily read it again and again.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I can't understand how Bob's wife knew Pauline was playing around.Did Bob tell and if so why didn't they pass the message on.?

C_frommnC_frommnabout 3 years ago

Great Story and I am one of Just_Plain_Bobs fan's. there are alot of them out there. I'm sure a lot of them will read this and comment.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 3 years ago

A fitting tribute to one of JPB’s lasting characters. Although a bit different, the writing reminds me of Bob’s. I also didn’t miss the reference in the beginning of the story to a charity being messed up due to a player’s desire for married women to GeorgeAnderson’s “February Sucks”. An enjoyable tale. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Have ALWAYS enjoyed your writing. I've mentioned before that to me, you write in color. This story was no different as your characters came alive. Bet you made JPB smile.

Thank you.

6ulprsn6ulprsnalmost 3 years ago

An amazing story - full of heartache, sadness, joy and even some happiness. An unbelievable tribute to JPB. I’d give it 10 stars if it were possible.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

What 6ulprsm said. Especially the ten stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
I am in awe

I am simply in awe of your writing. I am always thrilled to see you have written something. And this was so clever, bringing in JPB and his writing into your work was a tour de force. I know this is basically a free site, but are certainly an author who deserves to be paid. Thank you and please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The only thing I don't like about the story is everyone dying lol. Makes me sad

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Damn, you damn near killed every one off in this one! Wow, what and excellent story. Just loved it to pieces. So, I rate this one at 25 stars and so glad I'm a follower. Thank you qhml1. Excellent story!

magenta9959magenta9959almost 3 years ago

if you run a search for Pauline French and JPB hardly anything results. Where do "legendary" and "memorable" come from? Am I missing something? Apparently so.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars and no comment

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
2nd Read

I may have commented after one of my previous reads but, I am going to comment again. This is a very good story. there is just the right amount (for my tastes) of descriptive sex without making it trashy. Great Story. I gave it 5* earlier and can't vote again

froggytreefroggytreeover 2 years ago

Very nice tribute.

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Pauline was a tragic figure. Being spoiled in your formative years is not something that is easy to overcome: much of the joys of life’s adventures become mundane. The husband, though awesome, is just a tweak in the string of good men she got to sample. When life is an endless buffet line, you’ll never get the memorable fine dining experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really? JPB? Role model? Mentor? OK, to each his own..

After all said and done, a great story. High to the right.

desikdesikover 2 years ago

Sure a great story! A bit dramatic regarding Pauline's lifestory, but it is how it is!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great tale.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Interesting departure from the usual tropes of this genre. A guy who knew he was a better catch than Pauline, and had no fear of letting her go when she cheated. No angst or bemoaning of "how could she do this to me?" I liked that, kind of a breath of fresh air, as opposed to the blind-sided hubby destroyed by the betrayal of his beloved.

Marta, however, was as wacko as they come, telling him she would bear his children, ha-ha, which with Pauline had resulted in him considering leaving her, but somehow the same tactic was okay when it came to Marta. I found myself hoping Pauline would stay true, but the connection with Marta was more than foreshadowed, it was telegraphed loudly and repeatedly, so readers knew Pauline was headed for the dump heap. Sigh.

Pauline, why woncha be true? Now you're dead but I'm still in love with you.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Honestly, your character development in this story is faulty. As a result your plot doesn't work. This is as highly rated because of your name and the quality of writing rather than the quality of your story. I hold no illusions that you will ever read this comment or care but maybe a new writer will and come to understand the issues with this story.

You present the main character as worldly and intelligent. He has been around the most beautiful women in the world. You have presented absolutely nothing which creates Pauline as spectacular or unique enough to supercede his experience. In fact, your efforts to define Pauline are quite the opposite. There are red lights everywhere and these are made all the more glaring by your development of Jason.

By your own writing Jason identified Pauline as a narcissist. He is surprised that she cheated less than a year into the marriage? You develop him early on as someone who does not suffer fools and who is too smart to fall for pretty words. These aren't just statements. You adequately demonstrate this character trait. Yet out of the blue Jason falls for Pauline. This is despite all of the warnings which should have been giant red flags that someone as intelligent and cunning as Jason would have accepted as truth. It's sloppy writing and cheap cliché ridden crap. Evidence? Jason ends up with the equally hot personal assistant.

Give me a fucking break. This is way over rated.

Again, I know you won't read this. Most won't. Truthfully, while this is well written, from a plot and character perspective, it's full of holes.

You have a tendency to fall into romantic tropes but rarely are you this daft.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great, thank you!

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@Angelrider — Jason character flaw with Pauline

It’s because he fell in love. Don’t matter what character flaws they see in someone else, if he falls in love he falls in love. Plain and simple.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the Marc LaValliere reference.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

I don't know if I previously commented or not. This is my second or third reading. At my age I tend to forget enough of the story details to enjoy multiple reads. To me, in spite of the happy times, this is a very sad tale. It is also one of the best on this site. Thank you!

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

A LOT of fab banter! :+))

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

As usual, a great story! You're one of the best storytellers on literotica!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

I loved this story, although I cried when Pauline passed, I'm a soft hearted old fool. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As usual a great story! And, unusually a great ending. 5*.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 2 years ago
Loved it

Excellent story. I thought it was a bit cheesy that he was so perfect in everything. He sounds like a super James Bond. I feel bad pauleen was so flawed and died so tragically. But it was a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story and well written, if a little predictable re Pauleen! Well worth the 5 ppoints given!

Young David

lihplihpover 2 years ago

A good story, well worth 5* from me but I didn't recognise Pauline French as the character portrayed in JPB's stories.

Phil

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 2 years ago

GREAT story, very well done! The homage to JBP was first class and if I read it right, the reference to "February Sucks" was genius. Easy 5* Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks, QHML1! You always spin a delightful yarn, and this homage to JPB is priceless! Didn't Nancy Neubert work in HR at French Enterprises??

Thanks again!!

Matt

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

That was an awesome tribute to JPB and quite a fitting end to Pauline French. You have done a masterful job with his characters all while putting your personal qhml1 touches throughout. You are one of my favorite authors and I always look forward to your postings. Not sure how I missed this when it was first released but glad I came back and read it. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A tribute to one of my favorite writers by another of my favorite writers and edited by a third! Thanks Q!

somewhere east of Omaha

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Great heart wrenching story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

too bad the editing wasn't as good as the writing. plotting wasn't so hot either, how could super-jason be rooked into marrying a woman everyone warned him about?

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

As always you are a star, it is a pity we can only give 5 stars as you are worth double

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 2 years ago

A really good story just way to F’ing long for this category

Alsobrook71Alsobrook71about 2 years ago

Great story. Now I am curious and went to see other stories with Pauline but not finding them under “just plain bob”

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 2 years ago

Fantastic. It is great to have a story in the 'Upper crust' vein.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

This was much more than a LW story, more like a romance a families forming new families with love and respect and a few tears with a happy ending. Lovely.....................

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Great stuff, Maynard.

peter944peter944about 2 years ago

You really know how to wrap a story entertaining both happiness and sadness in just the right proportions. Another well done and 5 stars earned.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 2 years ago

5*, doesn't get much better. And the frosting on the cake = "Seriously? When I hang up, I'm going to slap Monica for not giving birth to you. What time?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Monica French us an annoying arrogant slutty bitch and her daughter was a junior improved version!!

Pauline was a conniving slut and Jace for all his wordliness was just pussywhipped

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She has at least four affairs during the time they were married and the overly smart businesman, a la cuck husband did not know about until Gina let slip. He was pussy-shipped go marry a serial whore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was another masterpiece. Ignore of course, the comments of the last two commenters, who like so many unfortunates who prowl this website, haven’t managed to advance behind their mothers’ basements.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pauline wasn't really bad. She just liked doing bad things. Her ex was dumber than a rock other than when he decided to be a bit smarter(IE he knew her history from the beginning but somehow managed several affairs before he caught on). Not sure what her heart attack added other than uneeded closure,by that time she was out of sight out of mind.

juanwildonejuanwildonealmost 2 years ago

Just plain good - well done

leofric35leofric35almost 2 years ago

I agree with the comment “ Just plain good”. I think you really did a great job with Bobs character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don’t know how it happened but this is the first time I’ve read this story. To me it showed Pauline in a new light, in a way I don’t think I’ve ever seen in JPB’s stories. Here she came across as a mixed up kid, all grown up but still mixed up. I felt sorry for her a little. Anyway, good story,Q, another one of your best. Thanks for sharing it.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why is it that you can come up with such a masterpiece while at other times, you come up with little nothings that are not worth our time reading. Thx for this one. It is excellent and beyond.

6*

BJ

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

This is a great story! An easy 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story! Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story but would like to see one where the woman fights back for her man?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bond. Jason Bond.

5*

Addicting. They were almost like family to me.

Sometimes I had trouble following who was talking, fwiw.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories

Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
856
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
631
I'm 51 
4.83
778
595
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
792
More Stories